Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

PatMarshall posted:

Also, if you have gas, you can judge the heat by the size of the flame.

And color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Nope. I live in New Zealand, I've never seen an IKEA in person. I have the feeling the pan is crap though. When I attempted to do bacon last night for the second time it came out like crap, and I think at least part of the reason is that the pan isn't equally hot all across it's surface.

They often will turn up at op shops or garage sales for cheap, cos they are indestructible (and probably have outlived their owners).

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008
Recipe request: Chairman Mao's Pork. Anyone have any experience with this want to throw a recipe up?

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
The Goons With Spoons wiki has one: http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Red_Braised_Pork. It was pretty good when I made it a while ago.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Slavvy posted:

Cast Iron pans here run about 2-3x the cost of a mid-market non-stick pan (which I used to have once upon a time). I don't know why. I realise that I need a better pan, along with a million other things, but my living situation is such that I have to make do for now.

Liberate one from someone who has one and doesn't use it because 'everything sticks to it'. Or gank one from an older family member who has dementia. Or, go to a yard sale and buy one for three dollars.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah, the recipe in the Chinese food thread is solid.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Slavvy posted:

Nope. I live in New Zealand, I've never seen an IKEA in person. I have the feeling the pan is crap though. When I attempted to do bacon last night for the second time it came out like crap, and I think at least part of the reason is that the pan isn't equally hot all across it's surface.

Yeah I know how it is, CI is rare from kitchen shops, pricey when it is, I think I paid $40 for a lodge fry pan in Australia, and now they are $50+, and that's online so shipping is a killer unless the shop does fixed price or free shipping.
But, camping stores are an option too, even though the pans aren't as good as a lodge, or sometimes cost more!
So camping shops for you then:
http://www.equipoutdoors.co.nz/contents/en-us/d633_cookware.html
http://www.fco.co.nz/online-store/camping/cooking/cookware.aspx?id=20201

Both have them for around $25.
Though I'd prefer one without a wooden handle like my lodge 30cm skillet (no wood to worry about, and can season or use in an oven)

I had a quick search for online NZ kitchen shops and you can get a lodge, but it would cost you $80

Edit: there's always trademe
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sea...rch_suggested=0

Or like suggested, second hand stores, charity shops, garage sales.

But if all that is too hard, nothing wrong with using a disc bottom thick base stainless steel pan for browning mince. It's what I normally use for mince, fish, chicken anyway.
I use the cast iron for steaks, toasting spices and flat breads mainly.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 15, 2013

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Slavvy posted:

I'll attempt this.

Is there some sort of standardisation to element settings? It drives me crazy that in every other human endeavour, even in the kitchen, everything has an acknowledged standardised setting eg ovens are in degrees, microwaves are in wattage+time and so on. Yet elements have completely arbitrary bullshit settings so one person's 'high' isn't the same as another, and they have differently sized increments and so on. I always get really irritated when someone tells me to put the element on a three-quarter setting or whatever but I have no idea what that means on my element compared to the one they're using.

I'm a mechanic professionally so the idea of doing things through some nebulous sort of guesstimation and 'feel' drives me crazy.

If you really want some quantity, take whatever saucepan you own, put exactly 1 cup of water in it, make sure both pan and water are at room temp. Set the element to high, start a timer. Mark the time it takes to bring 1 cup to a complete boil.

Cool the pan off, put in another cup of water. Bring your element setting down to 75%, start timer etc. Repeat at 50% and 25% settings. From here you'll see if it's biased on one half of the dial or not and you can get a rough idea of how much energy is going in (ie, time to boil) and you should be able to make due from there.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Made a coconut pie yesterday. Tastes OK, but it fell as it cooled. The recipe called for Ap flour or bisquick. Doesn't bisquick have its own leavening? Should I have added a leavening.agent or does this look normal?

Recipe:

Coconut Custard Pie
This makes its own crust
2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
4 eggs beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour or bisquick
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons margarine or butter softened

Combine all ingredients mix well and pour into 9 inch buttered pie pan.
Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean..

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 15, 2013

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Yes, Bisquick normally has baking powder in it.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Holy broken tables batman

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

You can edit your post and change "img" to "timg" to swap that giant pie for a small pie. Just in case you didn't know.

I bet you could cheat and fold in some whipped egg white to keep it stiff.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Slavvy posted:

I'll attempt this.

Is there some sort of standardisation to element settings? It drives me crazy that in every other human endeavour, even in the kitchen, everything has an acknowledged standardised setting eg ovens are in degrees, microwaves are in wattage+time and so on. Yet elements have completely arbitrary bullshit settings so one person's 'high' isn't the same as another, and they have differently sized increments and so on. I always get really irritated when someone tells me to put the element on a three-quarter setting or whatever but I have no idea what that means on my element compared to the one they're using.

I'm a mechanic professionally so the idea of doing things through some nebulous sort of guesstimation and 'feel' drives me crazy.

If you're okay with being a pocket-protector nerd, you could get an IR thermometer.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Sorry! Posting on my phone with the betamax app. Timg'd that poo poo.

So, did I need leavening? Or was my custard pie supposed to fall?

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I could be wrong but I think it would have fallen regardless. Not enough flour to have a significant gluten structure, and albumin-structured things (quiche, souffle) always fall eventually.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Very Strange Things posted:

You can edit your post and change "img" to "timg" to swap that giant pie for a small pie. Just in case you didn't know.

I bet you could cheat and fold in some whipped egg white to keep it stiff.

For imgur-hosted images, you can also put a lowercase "l" before the file extension, like so: http://i.imgur.com/VeBWSeNl.jpeg, resulting in

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fo3 posted:

Yeah I know how it is, CI is rare from kitchen shops, pricey when it is, I think I paid $40 for a lodge fry pan in Australia, and now they are $50+, and that's online so shipping is a killer unless the shop does fixed price or free shipping.
But, camping stores are an option too, even though the pans aren't as good as a lodge, or sometimes cost more!
So camping shops for you then:
http://www.equipoutdoors.co.nz/contents/en-us/d633_cookware.html
http://www.fco.co.nz/online-store/camping/cooking/cookware.aspx?id=20201

Both have them for around $25.
Though I'd prefer one without a wooden handle like my lodge 30cm skillet (no wood to worry about, and can season or use in an oven)

I had a quick search for online NZ kitchen shops and you can get a lodge, but it would cost you $80

Edit: there's always trademe
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sea...rch_suggested=0

Or like suggested, second hand stores, charity shops, garage sales.

But if all that is too hard, nothing wrong with using a disc bottom thick base stainless steel pan for browning mince. It's what I normally use for mince, fish, chicken anyway.
I use the cast iron for steaks, toasting spices and flat breads mainly.

I will get one definitely.

Breaky posted:

If you really want some quantity, take whatever saucepan you own, put exactly 1 cup of water in it, make sure both pan and water are at room temp. Set the element to high, start a timer. Mark the time it takes to bring 1 cup to a complete boil.

Cool the pan off, put in another cup of water. Bring your element setting down to 75%, start timer etc. Repeat at 50% and 25% settings. From here you'll see if it's biased on one half of the dial or not and you can get a rough idea of how much energy is going in (ie, time to boil) and you should be able to make due from there.

Safety Dance posted:

If you're okay with being a pocket-protector nerd, you could get an IR thermometer.

I successfully cooked the mince last night. My burritos weren't great for other reasons, chiefly that I forgot that what's written on the packet is for double the mince I actually used so they came out INSANELY spicy but otherwise good. The amount of mess, time and effort involved didn't really justify the end-result considering I was only feeding myself, but I'm pretty certain I could do it again properly. My pan definitely has some areas that are hotter than others and rotating it on the element helped.

I intend to try steak tonight which I'm pretty sure I can pull off as it's relatively simple. Is it better to use cooking oil or butter on the pan? Or should I smear the steak itself with oil like certain youtube videos say to do?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Slavvy posted:

I intend to try steak tonight which I'm pretty sure I can pull off as it's relatively simple.

Ha! The only thing more I've seen here in GWC that causes more arguments than how to make a proper chili is how to cook a steak.

That said, I like the method in this video personally. Although I don't bother with the aging in the fridge part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-9NgOZuUXM

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
I like that method, too, but there is a big flippin difference between sirloin and ribeye.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
The heating element is much more likely than the pan to be the cause of uneven hotspots.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Hi GWC,

I don't cook much or very well, and I would like this to change. With that said, the primary goal for this change is for me to eat healthier and better tasting food. I'm diving face-first into YLLS and GWC/GWSwiki, but I'm hopeful that this quick questions thread can help me out by pointing me at threads or other resources to which I can refer to help me build a shopping list for my next visit to my local grocer. I hope this doesn't come off as me asking for someone to hold my hand (though if you want to, I won't argue), but I just can't figure out what the hell I should be buying.

Diet stands as the number one barrier between me and a less-lovely looking body, and I'm not too proud to admit that I don't really even know how to begin. If I can just find a way to build a good weekly/bi-weekly shopping list, I'm sure I can pare out the stuff I don't like and use the GWSwiki and other sources to find recipes for the ingredients I prefer. After reading Brain Over Brawn (as the YLLS quick-start guide recommended) I feel like I don't have a damned clue how to determine what foods will fit into the basic meal types it outlines, apart from what he lists therein which is a tiny smattering of available foods. Should I perhaps just be perusing recipes and making my list based on what they require? Is that what normal people do? Is there something more elementary I'm missing?

Any resources or guides or straight up advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I just need the actual food first. I'll worry about learning how to prepare it after.

Thanks!

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I guess this makes me horribly lazy but I just don't feel like skimming an entire book right now. Care to summarize the types of meals you are trying to create?

In general, though, I have found many recipes need only slight adjustments to them to become healthy meals. Those adjustments usually include upping the protein component and reducing the carb/fat component. This is easiest to figure out when using a calorie counting website that can give you feedback on the composition of your meal.

You sound like you just need someone to command you to make some food so that you start learning what you like. Try this website: http://www.eatthismuch.com/ I can't speak for the quality of the recipes though.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

It outlines two basic meal types, which makes me think I shouldn't be having so much trouble figuring it out:

High Protein, high fat, low carb

and

High protein, low fat, high carb

My basic problem seems to be that I don't know what foods have what in them without a lot of time spent staring at nutrition facts. There will be plenty of that, but if there are some kinds of quick reference lists out there that I could utilize I imagine it would make my life a lot easier. The various recipe sources I've found in this forum don't leave me with any concern that I'll find suitable options once I have a pile of ingredients, it's just making a list of said ingredients that has me feeling full-on retard, if you'll forgive the ableist terminology.

I'll certainly check out that site to start with, as I think you're right that I just need someone telling me what to do.

e: ooooh. I just now took a look and it seems like just where I need to begin. Thanks!

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
A good basic place to start is just meat and vegetables and a scale.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

This is a thread that will help you for some of this stuff!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518581

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

zxqv8 posted:

My basic problem seems to be that I don't know what foods have what in them without a lot of time spent staring at nutrition facts.

It's not as awful as it seems. Generally you just need to look at overall fats, overall carbs, and protein doesn't even get a breakdown anyhow. Once you get in the swing of things you can care about the other information.

edit: How to make a list of ingredients: Make a list of fruits, vegetables, meats, grains, and oils/fats you like. Eat those. Try not to eat poo poo that is premade or in liquid form. The idea is really much more about making your own food rather than avoiding certain foods.

Fruits, grains, and some veggies = carbs
Leafy or fibrous veggies = fiber and vitamins and negligible carbs
Oils/fats/avocados/cheese = fat (duh)
Meat/Greek yogurt/cottage cheese = protein, some fat depending on what you're buying

Don't worry too much about the protein in leafy veggies or the stray carbs in your Greek yogurt. It's much simpler than you're trying to make it.

Hawkperson fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 16, 2013

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I had a feeling I was over-complicating things, but even knowing that didn't seem to help me avoid doing so. A simple breakdown like that is pretty much what I was hoping to find.

Now it's just a matter of following through. Fortunately(?) I'm about out of food, so I get to go shopping tomorrow. Yay!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I cook on my own because I like it but also because when I am in training season I'm on a more or less paleo diet (did it before it was a fad!) which sounds compatible with what you're trying to do.

2 meals that will help you right now and anyone can make:

1. Breakfast, 1 sweet potato (yam) and 2 eggs, cooked however you like. When I'm in a rush I bake the yam in the microwave, peel and quickly fry up 2 eggs and dump over it. Quite filling and good on protein and complex carbs which will all help throughout the day with hunger. This is a good upgrade from standard whitebread toast etc.

2. Dinner, 1 filet of white fish (catfish, cod, haddock, ocean perch, tilapia will work but is tasteless). On a baking sheet lightly oil the surface, lightly dry your fish filet with a paper towel, squeeze half of a lime onto your fish, let that sit for 10m, lightly season the fish with salt, black pepper and possibly a tiny bit of cayenne. On a separate sheet take 10-20 stems of asparagus, cut the bottoms off, roll those in a little olive oil, lay out on the sheet, season with salt and pepper (you can get creative and add in garlic, rosemary, feta, etc but you don't have to). Preheat your oven to 400F. Place both sheets in and let bake for 15m. Remove, let the fish rest for 5m. Serve.

Those are my 2 go-to healthy but lazy/ easy meals when I have to get something done in a hurry or don't have the time to buy many groceries. I think it's a good start for anyone who has no real cooking experience.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

zxqv8 posted:

Feed me health!

I've got a few friends who are in a similar position to you and I've made up a plan with some ideas for evening meals that shouldn't be too costly, time-consuming or complicated. It also uses up leftovers, because I know what a struggle it can be to not waste food if you're just cooking for yourself.

Just to be clear: this is all pretty basic stuff aimed at people who don't really know where to start when it comes to cooking for themselves. Feel free to play around with recipes and add your own twist! I don't mean for any of this to be patronising, I just found that when you're a bit stuck for ideas these staples seem to help introduce a bit of variety to one's diet and help develop basic cooking skills.

Spaghetti Bolognese - Ingredients:

Passata/tinned tomatoes
Minced beef
Mixed herbs (either a pre-made mix or a combination of oregano and basil)
Onion
Pasta
Garlic

Method:
Chop an onion
Heat small amount of oil in a pan
Add onion and fry until it starts to soften - about 5-10 minutes
Add mince and brown it
When mince is browned, add garlic (as much as you like, I go for a good squirt out of a tube or about 3 chopped cloves) and a good shake of herbs
Add half a carton of passata or your tinned tomatoes
Bring to simmer then put pasta on
Combine half of the spag bol with the pasta when it's done and serve!

Stir fry -

Box of veg (if available, otherwise just grab some peppers, bean sprouts, some sort of leaf - whatever, really!)
Sauce (either from a packet or make your own - here's a list of 15 basic sauces that I found from a quick Google.)
Noodles

Method:
Boil some water and add noodles - they take about 4mins
Add oil to another pan whilst noodles are cooking, heat, then add veg
Stir fry half the veg (is what it sounds like! Keep those veggies moving in the pan!) and add the sauce towards end
Add drained noodles to pan with veg in, stir fry for another minute to combine and heat up
Serve!

Baked potato to use up rest of the bolognese - add some salad to this and you're good to go! You can also stir in some chilli powder/hot sauce to make it into more of a chilli-type thing if you don't fancy bolognese again.

Method:
Wash potato then stab it many times with a knife or fork
Microwave for about 10 minutes, turning over half way through. Heat oven to 190°C while you wait.
Put potato in oven for about 20-25 minutes
When potato time is nearly over, microwave rest of bolognese
Add meat to potato and serve!

Curry -

I like this recipe for a sweet potato and chickpea curry: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/chickpea-and-sweet-potato-curry/

Stir fry the rest of veg and have with rice.

Method:
Stir fry veg as before with more sauce
Put on rice! You can fry the cooked rice in the veg pan to soak up the extra sauce.

Veg chilli to use up the rest of the passata/tomatoes -

Onion
Pepper
Carrot
Celery
Kidney beans
Veg stock (or could use beef for heartier flavour)
Chilli powder

Use rest of passata instead of the tomatoes in this recipe: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/maindishentreerecipes/r/EasyChili.htm

Stuffed pepper with cous cous -

Pepper
Cous cous

Method:
Make cous cous according to packet instructions (i.e. boil a kettle, add the right amount of water and wait five minutes)
Meanwhile, halve the pepper
Add cous cous to pepper, put in preheated oven (180°C) for 15mins.
You can top this with cheese to make it extra yummy!
------
Suggestions for stuff to have in:
I'm assuming you have salt and pepper
-The mixed herbs from before - always check the ethnic sections as well as the general spice section as herbs and spices are often cheaper over there (cheeky loving corporations!)
-Olive oil
-Vegetable oil
-Herbs
-Garlic

Some tupperware and/or ziploc food bags are really handy to keep in for leftovers. Most sauces freeze really well and will keep for a week in the fridge, so you could potentially make up a big batch of the basic pasta sauce (the one used for the spag bol but with no mince and the onions are optional) at the weekend and use it in various ways over the week For example, you could use some of it for pasta, some for a bolognese, some in a chilli - you just need to occasionally add a bit of extra seasoning when you reheat it.

Soups freeze really well and are usually just a case of sticking some stuff in a pot and simmering it for a while, have a look around online for some recipes!

Crunchy veg and hummus is a really good and healthy snack, and pretty cheap, too! Use carrots, celery, peppers... Anything that takes your fancy, really!

Beans on toast isn't too unhealthy as a meal, so it can certainly be an option for a lazy dinner. And various types of beans with rice is pretty healthy and incredibly cheap, too.

This is a good place of suggestions for what stuff to keep around, and has lots of good recipes. Prices won't be too wildly different for a lot of things as cheap foods in the US tend to be cheap over here. Use your brain! http://budgetbytes.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/beginners-kitchen.html

And obviously the Stone Soup cookbook. http://thestonesoup.com/blog/images/free_stonesoup_ecookbook.pdf

Bollock Monkey fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 16, 2013

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Recipe help request! I've been making the same this dish more with slight variations for quite a while, but I'd like to add something new into it but don't really know what will mix in well. It's:

-Whole wheat elbows
-Arabatica tomato sauce
-A couple of mushroom garden burgers fried up with cayenne and garlic powder mixed into the pasta

Now I'd like to add something new into it, but I never really know what will mix well with tomato sauce beyond the few things I already use. These are the practical things I have to work with:

-Corn
-Carrots
-Broccoli
-Peas
-Roman beans
-Bag of mixed vegetables
-Brown rice(? rice and pasta together seems like a lot of starch)

So will any of those amalgamate well with it? Or do I just stick with what works.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Would putting meat in a thermos be a terrible idea? I want to make tacos for a picnic but will have no way of heating anything. I can deal with atmosphere temperature tortillas but the meat needs to be hot. I'm having visions of food poisoning or ruined thermoses or it just not holding the temp very well since it isn't full of a liquid.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
It's probably not technically "safe", but I've put meat (soup) in a vacuum thermos before and eaten it hiking a few hours later. I heated the thermos then added the soup boiling hot.

I wouldn't eat it after it's been opened though.

I have not died yet.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They sell thermoses for hot food. I used to take pasta and stuff in one all the time when i was working nights. It's basically just a short thermos with a bigger openning. I don't see why a regular one wouldn't do the same thing.

Honestly though there has to be an easier way.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I'm thinking a cold taco might not be such a bad idea. My experience with them is as leftovers so they were awful, but if freshly assembled from cold ingredients. I dunno. I might just make something else. I have so little experience with good picnic food that I'm flailing for any ideas.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Sterno

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Fried chicken is a classic for a reason.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

dis astranagant posted:

Fried chicken is a classic for a reason.

Yeah, this.

Also with a thermos, the most important thing for heat retention, other than the walls, is that it is full. If you fill it half way with meat, the meat will cool off quite a bit. But if you use a smaller thermos or more meat, then the whole temperature controlled area will be the same temperature and it will hold it much longer.

Also pre-heating the thermos by filling it with boiling water should help a little.

Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to assemble tacos on a hike, but if you want the meat hot that's how I'd do it.

Maybe if you used a meat that would be tasty cold, you could make "tacos" out of cold ingredients and pack them, so it would be sort of like wraps. That would be a lot easier, though obviously not the same.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I just ditched the idea entirely and am making something different. But it was good to think through it for future ideas.

Unfortunately fried chicken is the one western food that Korea has improved, Korean style is incredible. But when trying to impress someone on a picnic over here fried chicken isn't a good choice.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Yeah, you just saved yourself a world of awkward cleanup. Thermoses are great but best reserved for (mostly) liquids. Although I have heard people having great success in using them to transport franks in for hotdogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Unfortunately fried chicken is the one western food that Korea has improved, Korean style is incredible.

If you mean, "improved over KFC" then pretty much anyone can do that. :colbert:

Sidebar: KFC's global reach is always shocking to me when I travel overseas. Some cultures aren't so big on burgers, but it seems like everyone everywhere likes fried chicken.