Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
I hope they stole it because nobody lawyers up faster than trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder if Chloe Sagal is actually a man and the money is for gender reassignment surgery

watch the video again and think about the 'second surgery that's needed to have any quality of life' maybe thats the only surgery that needs done

fundamentalist christian parents wont help because 'its all in your head'
sued the insurance company and lost
refuses to give more information about the surgery or what was supposedly left in there
voice sounds to me like someone trying to hide a masculine voice/face with a dim video and doing a sick voice

whelp this happened to be the case

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

heard something about pills and webcam with that

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

linku plz

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

nevermind found it http://stickskills.com/2013/05/13/report-homesick-dev-chloe-sagal-commits-suicide-on-twitch-tv/

oh dear

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
that is awful I hope she is ok

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
apparently people watching the stream were able to call the cops as soon as she started threatening stuff so she was taken to a hospital in time

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

always a jokerman in trans news comments :v:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Kickstarters aren't all bad:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/imaginationstation/detroit-needs-a-statue-of-robocop/posts/479137

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i have a weakness for hot sauce kickstarters or ones involving lasers

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Resplendent Spiral posted:

i have a weakness for hot sauce kickstarters or ones involving lasers

there must surely be a way to combine the two

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Dr. Honked posted:

there must surely be a way to combine the two

hot lasers

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
the ol' spicy raybeam

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

syscall girl posted:

the ol' spicy raybeam

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

not bad for 2 years work

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bronze sculpture is stupidly labor intensive and I'm impressed they can do one that big from scratch for that little money

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

bronze sculpture is stupidly labor intensive and I'm impressed they can do one that big from scratch for that little money

it was a labor of love

the love of the rust belt for their robotic overlords

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15304540/turn-my-photos-into-artwork-posters-w-large-format?ref=recently_launched

Some bloke wants a printer.

e: Hæil Sætæn
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1126211195/blck-fashin?ref=recently_launched

A Sloth fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 13, 2013

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jefferoo posted:

whelp this happened to be the case

The internet is bad at telling women from men or something, since afaict I was the first person to realize it was a transgirl

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

im imagining that robocop is the size of a average man plus some and the man is just the size of a small child

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TOOT BOOT posted:

The internet is bad at telling women from men or something, since afaict I was the first person to realize it was a transgirl

on the whole it was far more likely to be "someone suckered by quack alternative medicine", especially on a crowdfunding site tho.

those things turn up all the time.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

why not both ????

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Werthog 95 posted:

why not both ????

you're in luck!
there's transwomen posting about how Internet herbs gave them "awesome big tits and skin" but these same types are also really gross and fetishy so yeah

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

pfff internet herbs, just start drinking soy milk and you'll have tits in no time

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
http://www.reddit.com/r/seduction/comments/1egw79/i_am_stepping_down_as_moderator_to_focus_on_my/

quote:

I'm TofuTofu, your friendly seddit moderator. I've dedicated the last few years of my life to mastering the art of seduction. Over the past six months I took a break from my normal routine and began writing what I believe will be the definitive seduction guide of our time. I'm calling it Above The Game.

So today I am pre-announcing a Kickstarter campaign to publish a full-length Above The Game book. It will be both a physical and e-book. I will make certain that the various funding tiers will offer substantial value to all backers. I hope to go live in the next 1-2 weeks. I will be raising $2000.
This will be the first book by seddit - for seddit.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
can I kickstart a database for whoever backs that book to be put on a sex offender watchlist

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

please tell me somebody has a photo of this person

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I can't help but laugh at people that need a guide to figure out how girls work

they all think of themselves as alpha male badasses when they had to resort to reading a guide or bruteforcing the problem

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

they all think of themselves as alpha male badasses when they had to resort to reading a guide or bruteforcing the problem

This is to be used in the confort stages of the MM to help build report, just try to keep in mind that you don't want to interrogate them. If this is a problem read up on open loops. K here we go!
The Dendros theory was something I came up with in geography class years ago at school for networking and have now applied it to having successful conversations and giving the impression that you listen to what HBs say.
The theory is based on the "dendros" (greek word for tree according to old geo teacher) and how a tree grows in any environment to get the most out of any situation.
Picture a tree's stump, only a stump with nothing coming out of it, this is the first part of a conversation. This stump will let out three or four branches, then each of those branches will let out another three or four etc etc etc. No dont talk to chicks about trees, this is a metaphor.
Imagine you're having a conversation, the HB will always give you an opportunity (intentional or not) to sink deeper into conversation with her. Your initial opportunity is the stump, also referred to as an open loop, of your tree. This might be "work was hard today", "I just came back from shopping" or even "I'm good thanks".
When you get a girl who is just incapable of giving you any conversation, use this. Take the miniscule opportunity she gives you (the stump) and then create a branch, then another branch, etc etc and the result will always result in a deep and meaninful conversation (will help with your comfort building).
How do you create a branch from something that seems like a dead statement? Think about what she just said to you and practice some situations in your head. Take whatever you can out of her comment and insert it into a question. e.g. "work was hard today" and you will say "where do you work, why was it hard, how many hours did you work today, do you work everday, how long have you worked there" etc, the opportunties are endless even if they dont appear to be.
Let me give you an example of a convo I had with this space-cadet the otherday:
Her: I just came back from shopping (stump)
Me: I'm looking to buy my sister and you have the same style, im looking to buy her a present, which areas do you get your clothes from? Looks fairly paddington-ish (90% of chick stuff is from oxford st and if it isnt then they will still appreciate you think it is).
Her: Yeah Oxford st (branches)
* Here you have the opportunity to effortlessly enter a conversation about anything that remotely has to do with Oxford St. This could be a DHV story about : how your friend owns a gallery there, retail outlets you went to, how you think other areas are better, restaurants on Oxford, clubs there, the markets there, furniture stores, etc etc.
Me: They have the most amazing markets there, I picked up these crazy spices there from this moroccan dude. He makes these skewers there for you that I've only ever seen in Morocco.
Her: You were in Morocco ey (now the convo can be about you, but if she doesnt ask then continue branching), I dont like that kinda stuff. (branch into what she does like through getting her to tell you through a direct question or subtle statement)
Me: You're crazy if you think a steak with tomato sauce is better than that. (framing her as uncultured. The use of a statement, rather than a question can help in avoiding sounding like an interrogator and is how friends talk to eachother, it can create an assumption of familiarity)
Her: Shutup, I eat other food, I really like Thai (qualifying herself)
Me: Ever been to " (insert real or fake restaurant here"
Her: No (branch)
Me: Youre not a Thai fan until you've eaten at "___________", I have to take you there, when are you free next? (perfect excuse to ask her out, if the restaurant is fake say they closed down last week and take her to another).
Worst case scenario you go interrogation style and just ask questions that are RELATED to the thing she said before e.g. "oh well what do you like then?"
Her: ___________
You: I'm told that's really awesome, know of any good places?
Her: __________
You: Cant say ive been there, but I went to one down the road, etc etc story tell etc etc.
This forces people into conversation and once you do it 5-10 times you can shape the conversation to your advantage through what branches you continue to climb.
THE DENDROS NETWORKING THEORY
Same principle just with relationships. I made all my friends from one girl I met as a boy, she introduced me to one person, they introduced me to three more, then they introduced me to another three, etc etc.
Easier said than done, just try to get as many numbers of new people you meet and then create comfort with them (as friends not fucks). Get them to meet you one night with some of her friends, then repeat the same method once you arrange something with the new people you meet.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
true story: had a cute coffee date with a woman in public today and it went great and she laughed a bunch and man I felt so alpha dawg

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

that's so obvious, i feel so dumb for just listening to what people say and then asking questions

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jefferoo posted:

true story: had a cute coffee date with a woman in public today and it went great and she laughed a bunch and man I felt so alpha dawg

how fat was she

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i mean she agreed to be seen in public with you, so it must be pretty bad

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

TOOT BOOT posted:

i found this earlier today on "hacker" "news"

quote:

Imagine that learning social skills from scratch is like tuning a feedback loop. You need to have something in the loop to begin with in order to tune it. If you're a child, good news, you can just feed your imagination's random number generator into the loop and see what happens. If you're an adult though, you might find yourself with absolutely no starting data on which to iterate, and your internal RNG has been forcibly shut down by growing up.

It's like trying to run Newton's method with NaN as your starting value, or like you're trying to follow a linked list, but your ->next pointer infinitely redirects to itself.

i don't know what any of that means so i'm guessing it's for ultranerds

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Resplendent Spiral posted:

This is to be used in the confort stages of the MM to help build report,

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Heresiarch posted:

please tell me somebody has a photo of this person

I dunno, maybe if his thing gets funded (notice he said he will raise 2k, not he wants to raise 2k,always gaming), his picture will be published inside the cover

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

kickstarters usually have the backer's facebook pic so you'll get to see his fedora soon enough

ex:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

clockwork sundial posted:

i found this earlier today on "hacker" "news"

i don't know what any of that means so i'm guessing it's for ultranerds

it's an extraordinarily dorksome and convoluted way of saying "if you never enter social situations you'll be an unsettling weirdo when you do finally try it because you have no experience of acting like a normal person."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Werthog 95 posted:

kickstarters usually have the backer's facebook pic so you'll get to see his fedora soon enough

ex:

is that a screen door closer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it is a steam-powered prosthetic arm due to be released last september

• Locked thread