Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Crossposting this from the "Convince someone to read a manga with one image" thread:

Attaque.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Attaque

Manhwa, actually about fencing. Kinda neat vibe so far as the original main character seems like a completely evil piece of poo poo but the antagonist seems to be someone good who turns into an rear end in a top hat as well. Interested to see where it's going.

Right now it's decent, but at only 22 chapters it's still hard to tell if it's going to continue to get more interesting or just be dumb and predictable. I'd give it a read, it goes fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It could use a note about the works of Im Dal Young, the legendary King of Misogyny.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Breaky posted:

Crossposting this from the "Convince someone to read a manga with one image" thread:

Attaque.

Manhwa, actually about fencing. Kinda neat vibe so far as the original main character seems like a completely evil piece of poo poo but the antagonist seems to be someone good who turns into an rear end in a top hat as well. Interested to see where it's going.

Right now it's decent, but at only 22 chapters it's still hard to tell if it's going to continue to get more interesting or just be dumb and predictable. I'd give it a read, it goes fast.

I read the first 5-10 chapters of this and could not get into it. The main character had no redeeming qualities as far as I was concerned. I kept waiting for it but... nothing.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lyon posted:

I read the first 5-10 chapters of this and could not get into it. The main character had no redeeming qualities as far as I was concerned. I kept waiting for it but... nothing.

So far I completely dislike the main character as well. I don't think he's supposed to be a sympathetic protagonist. The other guy that shows up seems like he'd be the "good guy" but then it turns out he's pretty strange himself. Part of the draw for me I guess but I do agree it could just get dumb if nothing develops well.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/115

:black101: Shioon :black101:

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Slowly but surely i'm coming to believe that this is the new way things will be...

and after 100 chapters of him getting his rear end kicked regularly it's so very, very good.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I'm hoping Shioon takes that technique and uses it on the guy before this all ends.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I wish that I had like 100 chapters of this lined up to read all at once, I am looking forward to this week by week more than most manga currently. Shioon is just getting started by the looks of it!

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So am I the only one who gets a little bit of PTSD when a Breaker chapter is done by the so-called "A-Team"?

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
I love how they insult me on every page. But at least there isn't a watermark covering the entire thing anymore.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Can someone sum up what is going on in God of Highschool? I must have missed some chapters somewhere because I have no clue what is going on in the fight between the two organizations but that last bit in this chapter was pretty cool.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The tournament was meant to find the person who could hold/was holding the key. I'm shaky on those details. The blue haired guy is one of the previous major contenders, who has eaten up other people's powers until he became sort of a monster. The guy with the angel wants the blue haired guy to join him with the key. The magician hates the blue haired guy because he murdered his grandson.

In short, the story is sort of a mess. Just enjoy the spectacle, because it is all pretty meaningless.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Don't forget that a Obama ordered a massive nuclear strike on Seoul to kill the giant god-monster the white-haired guy is summoning. Of course, chances are 100% that nukes will prove to be no match for Korean martial arts.

And yeah it's unclear exactly what either organization's goal is because nobody has explained anything about what's actually going on except in the vaguest terms.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 5, 2013

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sindai posted:

Don't forget that a Obama ordered a massive nuclear strike on Seoul to kill the giant god-monster the white-haired guy is summoning. Of course, chances are 100% that nukes will prove to be no match for Korean martial arts.

And yeah it's unclear exactly what either organization's goal is because nobody has explained anything about what's actually going on except in the vaguest terms.
It's barely even martial arts when the one guy is straight up doing magic.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/116

Motherfucker. So close. He better not keel over and turn into a wuss again. I'll be most upset.

And keep reading anyways :smithicide:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It seems to be missing pages.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Ehh I think Shioon'll be just fine. The doctor really doesn't seem like an enemy, isn't giving off that sort of bad guy vibe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Ehh I think Shioon'll be just fine. The doctor really doesn't seem like an enemy, isn't giving off that sort of bad guy vibe.

The doctor is obsessed with what happened to Shioon, but has never before found an actual example. Generally speaking, if someone refers to you as an experimental subject they are not your friend.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Serious Frolicking posted:

The doctor is obsessed with what happened to Shioon, but has never before found an actual example. Generally speaking, if someone refers to you as an experimental subject they are not your friend.

I mean, how bad could a dissection be?

If he ends up in a hospital again and has to be bailed out by one of his girlfriends again I'll be sad.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I get that but he really isn't being presented as a threat to me. If anything, he reminds me of Elder Kwon. Kind of an abrasive on the outside but I don't think he's interested in like, dissecting Shioon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I get that but he really isn't being presented as a threat to me. If anything, he reminds me of Elder Kwon. Kind of an abrasive on the outside but I don't think he's interested in like, dissecting Shioon.

He is hunting down the completely healthy Shioon so that he can study him. I can't quite understand how that could be interpreted as a friendly interest. He is one of the main murim elders, and they were the primary antagonists in the first series. They are not nice people at the best of times, and this guy has a vested interest in not being nice to Shioon.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

It seems to be missing pages.

Here you go.

I like that he was purposely aiming for the guy's fingers.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Some serious :smug: Aizen finger flashback in that chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The two guys who do Noblesse have a new webtoon, Ability. It's pretty good.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RatHat posted:

The two guys who do Noblesse have a new webtoon, Ability. It's pretty good.
It also has the vaguest description ever.

quote:

I thought I just had a convenient ability...until that happened...
I like Noblesse, so I'll check this out.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

God of High School continues to be pretty fun to read... if being completely insane.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Blinks77 posted:

God of High School continues to be pretty fun to read... if being completely insane.

Yeah, I have no clue what the hell is going on at all. I don't get the gods, the key, or what Jin Morie was/is becoming. I guess they haven't really explained it yet and we're supposed to infer from the story but what?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Blinks77 posted:

I'm not quite sure what to make of that giant pillar.

Actually, I'm not quite sure what to make of the entire manhwa at this point, but at least it's entertaining.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

Actually, I'm not quite sure what to make of the entire manhwa at this point, but at least it's entertaining.

Jin Mori is apparently Son Goku. Seriously.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Cynic Jester posted:

It's the next logical step in his acupuncture training :v:

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
My favorite part was the weird moon base and graffiti on the moon. That picture is great. It almost looks like the giant pole originated from that scaffolding but I'm assuming that was just for perspective so we would know how huge the pole was?

It appears that Jin Mo-ri is/was the leader of the opposition to the "Gods". What I'm confused about is why the little white angel looking dudes turned on the kid who ate the key, I thought those guys were aligned with the main bad guy and I thought said main bad guy was okay with the kid eating the key?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lyon posted:

My favorite part was the weird moon base and graffiti on the moon. That picture is great. It almost looks like the giant pole originated from that scaffolding but I'm assuming that was just for perspective so we would know how huge the pole was?

It appears that Jin Mo-ri is/was the leader of the opposition to the "Gods". What I'm confused about is why the little white angel looking dudes turned on the kid who ate the key, I thought those guys were aligned with the main bad guy and I thought said main bad guy was okay with the kid eating the key?

Again, Son Goku. Monkey King (note the guys who look like monkeys and called him their king), rebelled against the gods and lost, has an extending staff and a circlet which serves to restrain him. Journey to the West out of nowhere.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Honestly at this point the plot is either so much deeper and more complex than i can understand or it's simply gone fullspeed to batshit nutso.

Or perhaps both!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Mostly the second one I think, but at least it's unpredictable.

And I'm pretty sure the idea is that his staff used to be impaled through that thing on the far side of the moon, since a scaffold was built up around it. Jin Mori just made it extend down to Earth, then retracted it down to Earth. You can see the scaffold collapse in the last space shot.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 17, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The US gets treated like poo poo, their secret moonbase ruined in an instant

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

New Waves continues to mine a rich, rich seam, of drat awesome.

I still keep waiting for the other shoe to drop though...

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
:black101: Shioon :black101:

If only it could stay this awesome forever.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The last 5 chapters have ended with or featured Shioon in the middle of several pursuers with at least half of them laying on the floor. We never really got to see 9 Arts Dragon fight cuz everyone was afraid of him. This is loving awesome.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

The last 5 chapters have ended with or featured Shioon in the middle of several pursuers with at least half of them laying on the floor. We never really got to see 9 Arts Dragon fight cuz everyone was afraid of him. This is loving awesome.

I would go reread The Breaker, I think you're forgetting quite a bit. 9 Arts destroys that one guy with the "iron hands" (also the guy rigged a bomb) who wanted revenge for his master, he takes on 3 or so of 10 Masters, and then he goes into the Murim HQ building and fights an entire sky scraper full of people. He also ruins a couple of people to prove his points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I was really hoping that we would see Shioon just take a tree branch and throw it into the helicopter's cockpit, but I suppose him taking on dozens of them single handedly works for me too.