Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Thanks to an errant comment by a friend, I will now forever imagine that Krieg is actually Dr. Krieger from Archer after being abandoned on Pandora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Anyone here have an electric and corrosive norfleet (lv61)? I need them to complete my collection of norfleets. :black101:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haha, one of Krieg's Light the Fuses quotes is "EXPLOSIONS of LIFE!"

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Mazerunner posted:

Thanks to an errant comment by a friend, I will now forever imagine that Krieg is actually Dr. Krieger from Archer after being abandoned on Pandora.

*kills enemy while Rampaging* "YOUR AUTHORITY IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN FORT KICKASS!" :black101:

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Hey guys, I started playing this game about two weeks ago with Zero, got to the point just after confronting Jack and Angel and then started over with Krieg. I saw someone mention that saving optional missions that reward you with a weapon until after you've defeated the warrior will result in the rewarded weapon upon completing the mission will be scaled to your current level? So should I be avoiding as many optional missions as I can afford to throughout the whole main game in order to get a good payout in the end? And can I go around accepting missions throughout the game and just not do them til after the warrior is dead for that purpose, or do I have to ignore them completely?

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Don't worry about it on the first playthrough, your weapons won't go very far in the next run through no matter what. If you have the lv61 cap DLC, don't worry about it on the second playthrough either.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Just get whatever is best for you at your current level. Worry about twinking the system when you actually reach the level cap....which could take a while.

I'm seriously digging the Mania tree with my current build. Here's where I'm at.

Extra toughness from Feed the Meat, Thrill of the Kill has a tendency to heal me up right quick whenever I use a rocket launcher or sniper rifle, and I've gotten the hang of properly managing Light the Fuses.

Haven't tried Salt the Wound yet, how fast does it decay?

Speedball fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 16, 2013

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
One stack decays every three seconds but you can usually get ten really easily if you're right in the thick of things. I find it goes well with roid shields and release the beast chaining.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 16, 2013

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

That really sucks about krieg's action skill calculations. I was hoping to keep on meleeing stuff to death forever. Has gearbox ever patched BL2 to make a positive change for the player? I know they've nerfed some crap, but have they ever buffed anything?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

FirstPersonShitter posted:

That really sucks about krieg's action skill calculations. I was hoping to keep on meleeing stuff to death forever. Has gearbox ever patched BL2 to make a positive change for the player? I know they've nerfed some crap, but have they ever buffed anything?

I think they fixed some of Deathtrap's super buggy AI and abilities, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of a straight buff as opposed to math tweaks or beneficial bugfixes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's probably because their development philosophy is that when you can't decide if something should be 5 or 6, set it to 11 and move on.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Krieg is okay now that I've gotten to Light the Fuse while playing solo.
I swear I'm cursed by FFYL dissipating in milliseconds, and this actually plays better for me now, since I've usually whittled someone down enough and it goes into LTF, I can explode immediately and get back up, even if I didn't initiate it to end so quickly.
The Pull the Pin skill is okay, but easily replaced once you reach Light the Fuse.

Also, I have shittons of class mods for him at level 50+, so anyone interested can let me know and I'll gladly dupe them out tonight or over the weekend. :)

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

They fixed a bug where shotguns weren't getting full anarchy buffs, I think. Also a few mods weren't giving the right bonuses.

They made Keep it Piping Hot (zerker skill, +damage during zerk cooldown) work with Get Some (shooting an enemy triggers some cooldown).

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Krieg's redeem the Soul won't throw you into FFYL if you have a rough rider on. Oh and Deathtrap will straight up attack you if you have Fuel the Rampage on.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Krieg's redeem the Soul won't throw you into FFYL if you have a rough rider on. Oh and Deathtrap will straight up attack you if you have Fuel the Rampage on.
This owns and I'm going to join so many public Krieg games with my Gaige now.

Also I guess Bahroo is uploading videos for Krieg raid boss kills now. Apparently you can do it, it's just insanely dependent on not hitting yourself after taking Silence The Voices.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Yeah, unfortunately STV can and will proc multiple times in a row

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Well I've taken a break from the Bare-Back all-natural Krieg train to catch up on the forums. Thank you to the goons I have been playing with for making it as enjoyable as possible. If you have access to this forums and you have your game set on "Public" you are doing it wrong.

I find Krieg incredibly frustrating, seeing that some of his skills are bugged and will be fixed help a little. Ultimately he seems like an end-game character, his skills are useless unless you have an entire tree working together. I hope nobody buys this game and picks Krieg as their first character.

I'm thinking of ignoring my natural playthrough and just power leveling him through Hellborn tree. There is some serious potential with a high lvl firehawk shield (unless your enemy is fire resistant). I tried it out on the first play through and got some interesting results. Insane continuous fire bursts that only ended when either: ran out of enemies or died because burning killed me. Do you know what sucks? Catching a last bullet or exploding a barrel triggering the nova...slowly burning to death trying to find health or enemies. I'm hoping this will be better when I have enough points for elemental health regen.

If you see me on Im usually good to go for a game and more than willing to help newbees out. You'll have to pardon me though as I find myself swearing more and more. Usually this is caused by being low health, activating Kriegs power to try and recover health, and being shot dead as you wait 2 seconds for your power to load. Lesson: do not play Krieg as a gunzerker. In fact ignore every skill and just use guns.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

Uh are you sure?

I've been playing co-op with my brother as mechro and have never had deathtrap ever target me.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

A lot of Krieg is counter-intuitive and I don't think anyone should put anything into the Bloodlust tree until late-game, but I've grown into him. You can pull off some amazing things with the right skills.

Probably not my fave class, though. That would either be Axton or Gaige.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Krieg is my favourite now because he's basically Brick, only fun and chaotic as gently caress to play instead of an outright useless masochistic face-grinder. I've found Buzz Axe Rampage works best at lower levels if you pop it early as soon as you realize poo poo's about to get nasty, and rapidly shred as many weak opponents as possible to keep your health full and minimize the flak you're taking. It's also great against single huge opponents because you can speed around them in circles doing tons of damage and possibly staggering them.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Geokinesis posted:

Uh are you sure?

I've been playing co-op with my brother as mechro and have never had deathtrap ever target me.

Yes, and I can confirm Axton's turrets target Krieg too.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I suppose because Krieg's skill turns off the IFF it makes the pets attack him?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Speedball posted:

I suppose because Krieg's skill turns off the IFF it makes the pets attack him?

That'd be my guess but I need to do more testing. In sanctuary I couldn't get anything to attack krieg but out in the field they'd randomly open fire.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=282136&page=1

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Neo Helbeast posted:

That'd be my guess but I need to do more testing. In sanctuary I couldn't get anything to attack krieg but out in the field they'd randomly open fire.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=282136&page=1

I'm going to kill you every time you enter Marcus' room from now on.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Had a ton of fun leveling up Krieg last night. I'm holding some grade-A weaponry that I can't use until I reach 50 and constantly seeing it in my bank is so depressing! :(

However, I DID strike Bloodwing five separate times with a thrown buzz axe. That is some satisfying poo poo, right there.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yes, and I can confirm Axton's turrets target Krieg too.

That is weird. I'll test again with my brother see if I can get his deathtrap to attack me.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Uh, Krieg can *one shot* Pyro Pete. Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcya8REYhFo

The first thing you have to know is that there's a glitch with tediore reloads on rocket launcher. It'll only consume one rocket when you reload it but you get the full damage from it. Combine that with Blood-filled Guns (+Mag Size on Blood Stacks) and...

Bloodsplosion. If you kill an enemy, it shoots off an elemental nova. Any overkill damage is added to the nova.

So the steps are:

* Call the spider-ants
* Throw a bouncing betty grenade to get huge stacks
* Get Pete by all of the spider-ants
* Throw your rocket launcher in the middle of it.

Strip the flesh (+expl damage, +ffyl bonus) and an explosion relic will aid this further

Edit: Also, from what I gather

Krieg's BAR damage is working as intended

You do more damage with a Rapier and a Roid shield because of the way Krieg's BAR damage formula.

Normal Melee Damage formula is (paraphrasing):

(Base Melee Damage + Roid Damage) * Melee Bonuses

However, BAR does not provide a melee bonus. It sets your melee at 500%. So instead of multiplying base damage + roid damage, it just multiplies base damage. So:

(Base Melee Damage * 5 + Roid Damage) * Melee Bonuses

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 17, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

jackofarcades posted:

Uh, Krieg can *one shot* Pyro Pete. Here's the video.

Is that damage on the right 99,999,000?? :stare:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Yep. And that's the damage cap, it probably could've been even higher.

Basically what's happening is you're throwing the tediore rocket launcher for something stupid, like one hundred million damage. You basically multiply that by the number of spider-ants killed, and it all adds together to form a giant, bllion-plus damage explosion that instantly kills Pete.

Sleazoid
Nov 13, 2007

Isn't that visible damage cap just under 1 trillion damage?

Nope, not even close but still.. that's insane :stare:

Sleazoid fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 17, 2013

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

That absolutely loving rules. I was on the fence about which tree to go down second but Bloodsplosion fuckery has sold me.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Sleazoid posted:

Isn't that visible damage cap just under 1 trillion damage?

Oh, right.

Angry Diplomat posted:

That absolutely loving rules. I was on the fence about which tree to go down second but Bloodsplosion fuckery has sold me.

Well it's extremely situational. Won't work against any other raid bosses and enemies don't tend to group like that. Plus the big number here comes from the overkill damage.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

Well it's extremely situational. Won't work against any other raid bosses and enemies don't tend to group like that. Plus the big number here comes from the overkill damage.

I don't care. I love big numbers, big explosions, big loot and big violence. Mutant Bloodsplosion Krieg it is :colbert:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Here's spunky, who you might know as the Brick master from BL1, using a Bloodlust/Mania set to death metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNGpwlp4V4

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

jackofarcades posted:

Here's spunky, who you might know as the Brick master from BL1, using a Bloodlust/Mania set to death metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNGpwlp4V4
Holy poo poo. :black101:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Man losing a full thing of anarchy stacks almost makes me want to stop playing for the night. Without all those my damage feels so anemic it's like I'm tickling the guys the death.

And what is this game's weird fascination with giving me quest reward pistols that can barely loving shoot. I got some pistol from giving some clothes to a robot and the joke is that none of my shots can ever hit anything, even with Close Enough. Ha ha! What fun! And then I got another pistol from a treasure hunt that I was really pumped for. Oh boy a new corrosive weapon! Perfect for all those loving robots I'm going to have to fight! Except it just shoots out these slow, kind of homing little dart things that use up all my ammo and barely do any damage. Jesus christ I just want a gun to shoot the mans with. I'm still using some explosive shotgun I got like 5 levels ago.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Man losing a full thing of anarchy stacks almost makes me want to stop playing for the night. Without all those my damage feels so anemic it's like I'm tickling the guys the death.

And what is this game's weird fascination with giving me quest reward pistols that can barely loving shoot. I got some pistol from giving some clothes to a robot and the joke is that none of my shots can ever hit anything, even with Close Enough. Ha ha! What fun! And then I got another pistol from a treasure hunt that I was really pumped for. Oh boy a new corrosive weapon! Perfect for all those loving robots I'm going to have to fight! Except it just shoots out these slow, kind of homing little dart things that use up all my ammo and barely do any damage. Jesus christ I just want a gun to shoot the mans with. I'm still using some explosive shotgun I got like 5 levels ago.

Those would be the Dahlminator and the Fibber, both of which are gimmick guns. Here's some missions you should do for some practical gear:
Pretty Good Train Robbery (grenade)
Uncle Teddy (Turn in the quest to the niece) (pistol)
Rakkaholics Anonymous (Sniper or Pistol(Sniper is the best sniper in the game))
Bandit Slaughter Dome (Assault Rifle)
Out of Body Experience (Shield or Shotgun)
This is Only a Test (Shield)
Best Mother's Day Ever (Shield)
Assassinate the Assassins(Farming them for their guns, the mission reward is not an Unique) (SMG, Pistol, Sniper, Shotgun)
Slap Happy (Shotgun)
Demon Hunter (Sniper)
Hyperion Contract #873 (Sniper)

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 18, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Fibber can be a pretty good gun if you're lucky and get one of the variants that's not too hard to aim and also gives an insane bonus to crits.

And the 873 gun is funny for 30 seconds and then kind of annoying to use. The reward from Demon Hunter is the best sniper rifle in the base game but it tends to spawn with only iron sights.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Neo Helbeast posted:

Those would be the Dahlminator and the Fibber, both of which are gimmick guns. Here's some missions you should do for some practical gear:
Pretty Good Train Robbery (grenade)
Uncle Teddy (Turn in the quest to the niece) (pistol)
Rakkaholics Anonymous (Sniper or Pistol(Sniper is the best sniper in the game))
Bandit Slaughter Dome (Assault Rifle)
Out of Body Experience (Shield or Shotgun)
This is Only a Test (Shield)
Best Mother's Day Ever (Shield)
Assassinate the Assassins(Farming them for their guns, the mission reward is not an Unique) (SMG, Pistol, Sniper, Shotgun)
Slap Happy (Shotgun)
Demon Hunter (Sniper)
Hyperion Contract #873 (Sniper)
I've done all of these already. I did them the moment they popped up because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. I can't re-do them for level appropriate stuff, can I?

Can I go back though and kill the assassins again? Will they drop level 30-ish gear?

And the Bandit Slaughter Dome assault rifle is impossible to use unless I'm shooting a giant thrasher or a constructor or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

haveblue posted:

The reward from Demon Hunter is the best sniper rifle in the base game but it tends to spawn with only iron sights.

The iron sights are my favorite thing about the Buffalo, aside from the huge damage.

• Locked thread