Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode
Anyone wanting something to watch today, Robo_Sparkle is just starting some Arkham City runs right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/robo_sparkle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

PJ has spent the last couple of hours fooling around with Blasto. So far he's enjoyed the wonders of clipping through teleporters and OOB swimming.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Cyghfer has begun to stream his practice of NES Batman: http://www.twitch.tv/cyghfer/

Krenzo
Nov 10, 2004
Feasel just got the WR in TMNT for the NES. His time is 19:12, and the previous record was 19:19.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Dragondarch got his Drakkhen run with some godlike luck, 34:33!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Peaches is doing a mini-marathon to help Octary from Shark Savers raise a little money for prizes for their upcoming Sharkathon marathon: http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Ubergoos is going to run Dark Souls hat% - Basically, just get all the hats in the game. He's trying to figure out the routing right now.

Sabby23
Nov 10, 2010

Stay fresh!
So believe it or not, Paper Mario has a pretty fun bingo. If you're confused how that's possible and want to see a bingo race, me and a few other are about to do one. Anatomyz is probably the best to watch since he's actually talking and I'm not playing any sound at all (he's also the WR holder for Paper Mario in both any% and all cards).

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
It's records week on The Sunday Sequence Break! Come see what got beat, and enjoy the guest speaker stylings of MURPHAGATOR!, Go1den and Neskamikaze. Possible late appearance by that Super Metroid crushing beast Zoast.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
iateyourpie is doing co-op Mario Galaxy 2 runs with his mom

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I wish my mom was cool :(

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Got a new glover pb, 44:35. Made a ton of stupid mistakes, next goal is sub 40 (WR is 42:39)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

heeheex2 posted:

Got a new glover pb, 44:35. Made a ton of stupid mistakes, next goal is sub 40 (WR is 42:39)

I was watching your run, the game looks really... "fun" to speedrun.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
It looks like Feasel is streaming a bit again (maybe it's been going on for a while, but I haven't seen him on much lately). And he's doing TMNT. Pretty cathartic to see this game destroyed since I rarely got past the dam section. I kind of wish I had one of those dazzle things to start running this game myself.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Studio posted:

I was watching your run, the game looks really... "fun" to speedrun.

Hahaha, there's so many stupid glitches and tricks in this game that putting everything together in a run is really hard (plus there's some strats I don't do I guess), and a deathless run would probably be world record just because of that.

http://www.twitch.tv/heeheex2/c/2287267 here's a highlight of the run.

If you're wondering what im doing when i go up and down on the ball really fast it's just mashing L on the n64 controller while holding a direction. Using the D-pad on water is faster than using the analog stick. C-upping when hitting a switch skips the cutscene the switch activates. There's some other level specific tricks but we're trying to make a glover rta wiki (haha) so if you want to know about any of the tricks just ask.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Kalemandu just made sub 1:04 on Boshy 100%. There are enough obvious mistakes to push the run's potential under 1 hour but for now Kale seems pretty happy.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

heeheex2 posted:

A while back I joked about wanting to be the Glover speedrun champ and I'm glad to see someone has made my joke their goal

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
I'd like to thank whoever recommended PJ's stream a while back.

It's been consistently great watching, the guy is very entertaining. Even when he doesn't make as much progress as he'd like he has a great attitude.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Getting back to SGNG and Actraiser 2 makes for great streams, with the bonus TMNT3 practice and for the hell of it BT&DD and drunken worms.

MURPHAGATOR! had to kill 3 worms with an Armageddon and missed Grud every time. Grud for ultimate cockroach.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Shabadu posted:

Getting back to SGNG and Actraiser 2 makes for great streams, with the bonus TMNT3 practice and for the hell of it BT&DD and drunken worms.

MURPHAGATOR! had to kill 3 worms with an Armageddon and missed Grud every time. Grud for ultimate cockroach.
Y'all should have seen Trainmageddon earlier tonight if you weren't there. That was a force to be reckoned with.

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
The SGnG & Worms combo provides so much hilarity and good times. best way to unwind after a long day. drat near fell out of my chair laughing watching Drakken and SGnG. Plus I learned about Don Ellis

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

SevenStringGuru posted:

The SGnG & Worms combo provides so much hilarity and good times. best way to unwind after a long day. drat near fell out of my chair laughing watching Drakken and SGnG. Plus I learned about The Big Kazam

Fixed that, but yeah this stream is really relaxing to watch.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So, small reminder that I'll be streaming a bunch of things at my channel tomorrow.

In other news I've been working on trying to eliminate a buzzing sound in my recordings, and was given the advice of using a ground loop isolator. Yeah, it ended up fixing my audio, all right... but caused the video to get hosed to oblivion. Lovely. I wanted to have it fixed before the big stream, but eh, it only affects the NES games and there's only two of them, so it's not as bad as it could have been. Definitely want to get it fixed before I record more NES runs, though.

Also, Greenalink found a pretty cool glitch in Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 yesterday. He promptly used it to beat the world record of a stage by fifty seconds. (not sure if that's in the recording, he just told me he did in IRC and I haven't seen the whole thing.)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

KennyMan666 posted:

In other news I've been working on trying to eliminate a buzzing sound in my recordings, and was given the advice of using a ground loop isolator. Yeah, it ended up fixing my audio, all right... but caused the video to get hosed to oblivion. Lovely. I wanted to have it fixed before the big stream, but eh, it only affects the NES games and there's only two of them, so it's not as bad as it could have been. Definitely want to get it fixed before I record more NES runs, though.

Even I can't figure that poo poo out :psyduck:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I wrote everything I did in the thread on SDA, but people on IRC suggested it might have things to do with grounding (neither the NES or TV have grounded power plugs, though obviously they ARE connected to a grounded power strip) or "mismatched impedance" (which I still haven't figured out what it is). Maybe I need to use powered splitters. Or... I have no loving idea.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.
If your problem is just with audio, have you tried an audio ground loop isolator like this? That won't mess up your video and should kill the buzzing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

KennyMan666 posted:

I wrote everything I did in the thread on SDA, but people on IRC suggested it might have things to do with grounding (neither the NES or TV have grounded power plugs, though obviously they ARE connected to a grounded power strip) or "mismatched impedance" (which I still haven't figured out what it is). Maybe I need to use powered splitters. Or... I have no loving idea.

Oh yeah. What is the video cable going through exactly? It needs to be a yellow RCA cable, or just one that has 75 ohms of impedance on it, that should still be the rule for NES size video signals.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah, it ended up fixing my audio, all right... but caused the video to get hosed to oblivion. Lovely. I wanted to have it fixed before the big stream, but eh, it only affects the NES games and there's only two of them, so it's not as bad as it could have been. Definitely want to get it fixed before I record more NES runs, though.

You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack, apparently. That's a hell of a distortion.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Uh, there's a difference? I have a yellow RCA cable from the splitter to the SCART and a white RCA cable from the splitter to the Dazzle. I have no idea about the ohms or anything about them, I thought all RCA cables were created equal and the only reason they had different colours were so you'd know which ends were the same cable when there were several cables bundled. I've separated this specific bundle into three completely separate cables, but still. I don't remember where they came from originally, but the two video cables and the one audio cable are definitely from the same set.

My specific setup is RCA cables from NES A/V inputs going into unpowered RCA splitters, the video being split between the SCART to the TV and the Dazzle video input, the audio being split between the SCART and the RCA to 3.5mm converter, which goes into Line in on my sound card.

Mecha Richter
Oct 19, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Y'all should have seen Trainmageddon earlier tonight if you weren't there. That was a force to be reckoned with.

Trainmageddon was way too powerful.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
zallard1 saw the thing I made and linked me this in response.

So many bells.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Stream is live with the pre-schedule making sure everything works. Playing some Power Blade since I got that recently.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

It would seem to be a popular weekend for speedrunners to do long streams with various games. In addition to Kennyman's stream, neskamikaze is doing another N64athon with various guests running their specialty game(s) as well.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/neskamikaze
nes's game list: http://bombch.us/BbP
Guest runners schedule: http://bombch.us/BbQ

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

And that was that! Had fun, got a few viewers and followers out of it.

Will highlight a few things from it later. Especially one thing from that loving game (aka Scott Pilgrim vs. The World)

No PBs or anything, but I learned a few things to make use of in future practice.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Sinister1 is doing a marathon starting in about an hour to get to SGDQ.

Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AioKG7C9utbmdGo1MXlVTGE4SVI4MGVrX005LVFlRmc#gid=0

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
Sinister is also doing a Blackout Mike Tyson fight NOW. So check it out!! Using the game genie, all pixels are blacked out except punch flashes and macs shorts, gloves and shoes. He's getting really close to taking tyson down.

edit: and he beat Tyson with a TKO! :drat: and Blindfolded is going on now!
e2: Beat Piston Honda 2 Soda Popinski blind folded, beating his AGDQ progress!! Ridiculous

SevenStringGuru fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 19, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SevenStringGuru posted:

Sinister is also doing a Blackout Mike Tyson fight NOW. So check it out!! Using the game genie, all pixels are blacked out except punch flashes and macs shorts, gloves and shoes. He's getting really close to taking tyson down.

edit: and he beat Tyson with a TKO! :drat: and Blindfolded is going on now!
e2: Beat Piston Honda 2 Soda Popinski blind folded, beating his AGDQ progress!! Ridiculous

Was coming here to post this, dude is just ridiculously good.

He destroyed his goal as well, the rest will be a bulk donation to the charity.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So while I'm not sure if I'll ever actually pick up Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 speedrunning - at least, I won't until I'm "done" with BCR, and even then probably wait until Greenalink has made a run of the full game and then shamelessly copy his route but incorporate jumping (as he's said he wants to run it without jumping) - I did go ahead and find a way to use the grapple through floors glitch to break a world record by 22 seconds.

Octary
Jul 29, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Peaches is doing a mini-marathon to help Octary from Shark Savers raise a little money for prizes for their upcoming Sharkathon marathon: http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

I have been absent and clearly busy doing a lot of things. Thank you very much for saying something. I was trying to avoid making the event TOO big, because I want people to enjoy Seamergency when it happens, and not be a big part of funding it.

We're getting ready to do a Shark Boost for SGDQ as well as get our marathon ready for June 27th.
Peaches_ is in charge of the speedrun schedule, and I've heard a lot of great things. I'm looking forward to it.

We'll be using the twitch chat, I think that makes it easier on everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Kotti, Oasiz and LotsofS are starting a blind Surgeon Simulator 2013 race here soon.

E: Annnnd they're off!

iastudent fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 19, 2013

• Locked thread