Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

FrozenVent posted:

Is setting up outside something people actually do, or is it just because they couldn't get a spot inside for whatever reason?

I don't know anything about E3 but I found myself there last year and don't remember anything being set up outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zylche posted:

I just saw the tagline at the bottom:

:catstare:

It's a good thing my phone isn't wired take pictures periodically while I'm reading this thread. It would be a collage of laughter, disbelief, face palming, shock, sadness, and now :catstare:.

Acquire Currency Presents: Faces of OUYA. This April, or maybe June sometime!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The just got 15 MILLION DOLLARS and can't get a goddamned booth?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The E(Big)3 wont let them get a booth, that's how counterculture they are.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

raditts posted:

Alien Hominid was a Flash game originally. (Maybe that's what you were trying to say.)

Yes, hence the "other flash games" part of my post.

illiniguy01 posted:

I'm pretty sure a good chunk of nintendos and squares income come from reselling 20+ year old games over and over again.

Square just put FF5 on iOS (remade in the FFD engine, so the characters look like poo poo).

I Greyhound posted:

Counterpoint: Ouya's flagship game is FF3, a 23 year old ROM being sold for $15.

Also one of the worst of the numerical FF games, possibly holding the crown despite FF2's best attempts to usurp it.

Zaphod42 posted:

Counter-Counterpoint: FF3 on Ouya isn't the NES ROM version. Its the remade DS version from 2006, a 7 year old gamboy game sold for $15. :colbert:

DS game, not gameboy game.

Dreamzle posted:

Hi ho! If you're going to post the video to my game, at least post the one that isn't an early pre-pre-alpha - when a project has 7 months of work on it, there's quite a difference between the state of the project in the third month and the seventh month :) Especially when I made the most boring video ever that first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZJanfHA6ec

Sorry but your game's still a nightmarish clusterfuck and when your ship flew up to those generic N64/PS1-era NPCs I wept for you. That you quite what was likely a decent paying job to do this is terrifying. there's no nice way to say it: you're a loving moron. Learn what the "dunning-kruger effect" is and get help to fix your life while you still have the means to do so. It's nice that you have a dream but I'm afraid reality is going to be rather crushing in the end without some miracle work on that game.

You might think your game's fun but not enough others will share your believe. If you put this up on greenlight right now you'd sit in a position of never seeing your game greenlit because it's another wave on a sea of terrible.

Gorgolflox posted:

Dreamzle listen, the biggest problem with your game is that the theme is boring as hell. You're in space in some ship shooting things, wow, never seen that before :rolleyes:. You need to change the theme entirely. Now I am a bit of an ideas guy and I will give you this idea free of charge. Change the backgrounds to hockey rinks, the space ship to a hockey player, and the enemies to other hockey players and referees. Yes, make it a hockey themed shooter, the plot would be you have to collect all the parts of the Stanley Cup and then fight Lord Stanley himself as the end boss. Rename the game to The Legend of the Hockey Goon: Lord Stanley's Revenge, it'll sell millions, I guarantee it.

I know people that would unironically buy something like this. Make a feature that replaces the boss with a look-alike of popular players from a rival of your local team (based on GPS info) and it's golden.

That mail. It's "we couldn't get in to E3 (because the industry isn't retarded, unlike the media) so we're in a parking lot across the road but hey people can come try stuff that is if you come run demos of your game please please please :mitt:"

theflyingorc posted:

Hahahahha...

They're participating in E3...by not being at E3!

I just got that E-mail and came to post it. It's...beautiful.

edit: GO TO THE SIGN-UP PAGE, LOOK HOW RIDICULOUS THIS IS:

https://docs.google.com/a/ouya.tv/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dERUbFotOVVXT1FqV05iM28yMm9keEE6MQ#gid=0

So what happens if when multiple random people sign up for all days and all times? :psyduck:

Joe Don Baker posted:

The people who run E3 aren't retarded* and there's no shortage of actual, worthwhile people and products to have at E3 instead. People like fellow Goon Mug, for example. (go vote for him)

*most of the time

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hey kids, meet me in the alleyway by the convention center, I've got a video game console in my van.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Anyone know where G4's studio is located for their E3 coverage? It would be great if you could see the Ouya people begging for people on some of their shots.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
This better not take up the entire parking lot that the food trucks usually use. Don't stand between me and my food trucks. I need my Kogi/Frysmith fix. :mad:

RocketDarkness fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 18, 2013

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
I'm picturing one of those cheap flimsy tables with 1 TV and an OUYA set up running off a hotwired street light in the carpark. Perhaps they'll hire one of those sign-spinning guys that pizza places over there use to stand by the entrance of actual E3.

Dreamzle is it too late to call your old boss and beg for your job?

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
Did Julie not bless us with a chart this week? I mean the E3 invite was pretty entertaining I admit.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

luncheon meat posted:

I'm picturing one of those cheap flimsy tables with 1 TV and an OUYA set up running off a hotwired street light in the carpark. Perhaps they'll hire one of those sign-spinning guys that pizza places over there use to stand by the entrance of actual E3.

Dreamzle is it too late to call your old boss and beg for your job?

Is there going to be an OUYA mascot?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Should get Mr Hankey

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I hope they take their anti-Big Three stance way too far and burn a giant mario in effigy, then cover their naked bodies in the ashes while bowing to their new Cube Lord that will take them to TV heaven.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Madcosby posted:

I hope they take their anti-Big Three stance way too far and burn a giant mario in effigy, then cover their naked bodies in the ashes while bowing to their new Cube Lord that will take them to TV heaven.

I hope Mega64 does this.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Look, they spent a lot on the GDC SXSW tent. They're never going to recoup that kind of investment if they don't reuse the tent.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

DalaranJ posted:

Look, they spent a lot on the GDC SXSW tent. They're never going to recoup that kind of investment if they don't reuse the tent.

Hey SXSW is where all the real innovation is, not CES or E3, those are just for posers who care more about entertainment than innovation. (A thing XboxPants actually argued about the trade show attendence decisions of a video game console)

Edit: CES not CDC, goddamn it is friday.

Red_Mage fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 18, 2013

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Evil Fluffy posted:

So what happens if when multiple random people sign up for all days and all times? :psyduck:

I'm doing this. The rest of you should also do this.

edit: Zybourne Clock is scheduled for all times on all days. I will need to sideload and I AM willing to conduct interviews. :smug:

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD

Tim @ ODBC posted:

Hey everyone,

My name is Tim, and I’m filling in for Julie on this week’s shipping update -- nice to meet y'all (I’m from the Midwest, so apologies for the accent).

Let’s jump right in, shall we?

This week’s theme is ‘short and sweet.’

The ‘Short:’
As I mentioned, several OUYAns are overseas this week (in China specifically), visiting our network of partners who help bring OUYA hardware to life. The process is complex to say the least. As many of you have noticed/posted, there continue to be improvements made to the product (both on the hardware and software side), and we thank all of you who have contributed to that process to-date. We believe the open communication with you guys is what will help make OUYA the best gaming system possible as we continue to evolve - so keep it coming!

The ‘Sweet:’

We remain on track to have all early backer shipments out the door by the end of May. International and Limited Edition shipments are hitting maximum capacity and, barring anything crazy happening between now and next week (fingers crossed, knocking on wood...), we’re looking good for hitting our goal: To ensure early backers have an OUYA in-hand prior to product hitting retail shelves. This is important to all of us here, and I’m pleased to report that we’re on schedule to make it happen (see below graph).

Awesome new paint job just hurled into my inbox.

That's a lot of shipments. A lot.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

dotalchemy posted:

Oh no, the solid line is gonna dip under the striped line, THE HUMANITY!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Joe Don Baker posted:

The registration cut-off for E3 booths was quite a while ago. There's a pretty good chance that OUYA didn't pick up that money until after that point.

It insures that the only people who check them out will be people with a pre-existing interest, instead of random passers-by who would just judge them fairly based on what is presented. Even more importantly, it helps prevent the OUYA platform and games from being compared directly to the rest of the stuff at E3.

Probably a good move.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
OUYA: Our E3 booth is going to be positioned right next to our Gas Station POBox.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

XboxPants posted:

The registration cut-off for E3 booths was quite a while ago. There's a pretty good chance that OUYA didn't pick up that money until after that point.

It insures that the only people who check them out will be people with a pre-existing interest, instead of random passers-by who would just judge them fairly based on what is presented. Even more importantly, it helps prevent the OUYA platform and games from being compared directly to the rest of the stuff at E3.

Probably a good move.

Ahahahah. Even before the 15 million I can guarantee they could have afforded it. As mentioned before only the rejects and bottom of the barrel awful poo poo get a booth in the parking lot. And why shouldn't OUYA be compared to the other stuff at E3. It absolutely should be. After all it's taking back the tv, securing AAA developers, and all that other bullshit Julie squirts out her rear end in a top hat. This just proves the whole thing is a loving joke.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 18, 2013

Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.

XboxPants posted:

Probably a good move.

Yeah, "only market yourself to people who already know about you" and "don't compare your product to quality products" is marketing 101.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

steinrokkan posted:

Oh no, the solid line is gonna dip under the striped line, THE HUMANITY!

Here at OUYA we are 100% committed to hitting a dotted line drawn in MS paint. We're ready to take drastic actions such as shifting the X axis to the right a few more days, or just completely lying about how many consoles we've shipped to ensure that we meet our fictional goals.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Adrian Owlsley posted:

Yeah, "only market yourself to people who already know about you" and "don't compare your product to quality products" is marketing 101.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Hahahahha...

They're participating in E3...by not being at E3!

I just got that E-mail and came to post it. It's...beautiful.

edit: GO TO THE SIGN-UP PAGE, LOOK HOW RIDICULOUS THIS IS:

https://docs.google.com/a/ouya.tv/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dERUbFotOVVXT1FqV05iM28yMm9keEE6MQ#gid=0

Those creatures (?) look disturbingly similar to the kinda thing I would have made in TrueBasic in middle school. drat, mand, they would have been better off using stock OUYA images.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

His name is rumoured to be Daryl. He served your country in Vietnam but now he lives outside the convention centre. He will scream at tell you all about agent orange all the great features of the OUYA. Just don't mention "Charlie" or he'll snap.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

DalaranJ posted:

Here at OUYA we are 100% committed to hitting a dotted line drawn in MS paint. We're ready to take drastic actions such as shifting the X axis to the right a few more days, or just completely lying about how many consoles we've shipped to ensure that we meet our fictional goals.

Seriously, it amazes me that they have yet to release a single coherent set of statistics (for anything not just shipping) and there are people out there rabidly defending them like they're these struggling, misunderstood, genius martyrs. I know there are a lot of stupid people in the world, but god drat.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

gnarlyhotep posted:

Seriously, it amazes me that they have yet to release a single coherent set of statistics (for anything not just shipping) and there are people out there rabidly defending them like they're these struggling, misunderstood, genius martyrs. I know there are a lot of stupid people in the world, but god drat.

Man, like, statistics is like just a number, absolute results are, man, like just products of the Man*, OUYA is all about relative values, duuudeski, like, their numbers, they are RELATIVE, not absolute, check your privilege before you judge OUYA's progress!

*Man = Big three

Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.

miscellaneous14 posted:

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Seems likely...

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

steinrokkan posted:

Man, like, statistics is like just a number, absolute results are, man, like just products of the Man*, OUYA is all about relative values, duuudeski, like, their numbers, they are RELATIVE, not absolute, check your privilege before you judge OUYA's progress!

*Man = Big three

Sorry, didn't mean to ouyashame :ohdear:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

dotalchemy posted:

But you can't just change hardware this late into production. The software? ODK hasn't been updated since Apr 17, 2013 or Apr 8, 2013 if you go by their actual changelog. Both are 1.0.3. :staredog:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Ysolda, proud developer of Mammoth Tusk Mania, is now going to be at the OU3 all day everyday, except for 2pm, when she is scheduled to repeat the same tired dialog with a nord hobo.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

zylche posted:

But you can't just change hardware this late into production. The software? ODK hasn't been updated since Apr 17, 2013 or Apr 8, 2013 if you go by their actual changelog. Both are 1.0.3. :staredog:

The controllers have their own firmware, so it's possible that was the software update. The hardware change they mentioned is that they're supposedly making the button holes in the faceplate larger. They're a totally separate piece, and it's a pretty minor modification; is it possible they could have made that a change like that?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Sankis posted:

I hope Mega64 does this.
I just want Rocco to pop in every month or so with "Yep, still can't download poo poo." He should try Twitter if their ticket system is too slow, seems to work for everyone else.

Oh boy, almost missed the new graph! :neckbeard:

Edit: Whoa whoa whoa, what's this "Tim" bullshit?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

XboxPants posted:

Probably a good move.

Nothing says serious like a console launch here

Hope the Icon Ultra Lounge doesn't get too busy and push the XHOYAA overflow crowd into the bus stop crowds.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

So a guy on twitch got one of these and is streaming (http://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr). He's playing FF3 right now.

EDIT: He went to eat. Maybe we can see more of the revolution later.

EDIT2: Here's the archive: http://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr/b/404815122. Within the first two minutes the button on his controller gets stuck.

Presteign fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 18, 2013

Prowler
May 24, 2004

jkrotch posted:

So a guy on twitch got one of these and is streaming (http://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr). He's playing FF3 right now.

HOT drat LOOK AT THEM GRAPHICS.

I would be so happy to have this sitting under my Christmas tree!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

dotalchemy posted:

OH MY loving GOD YOU CANNOT HAVE AN 'ACTUAL' GRAPH LINE THAT EXTENDS INTO THE loving FUTURE THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A PROJECTION I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN IN EVERY UPDATE BUT GOD DAMNIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meglar
Jun 9, 2002

pentyne posted:

Nothing says serious like a console launch here

Hope the Icon Ultra Lounge doesn't get too busy and push the XHOYAA overflow crowd into the bus stop crowds.

More importantly, I think this is the parking lot where they usually park a bunch of food trucks for E3. If I go to get a cheesesteak and find nothing but crappy SCREWYA games, I'm going to be pissed off.

• Locked thread