Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Aphrodite posted:

Let's not vote for the 2 characters with literally unlimited potential for cool moves.

Guess this proves that hardly anyone cared about Young Justice, which gave both those characters a lot of love. What a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel that this game doesn't have nearly enough PUNCH STUFF or Shoot with Guns people.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Aphrodite posted:

Let's not vote for the 2 characters with literally unlimited potential for cool moves.

Hahaha, this is perfect because I had the same reaction.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

To be fair, Cyborg does a lot of what Jaime would do (arm cannon/tech-based stuff). Granted, I too would have loved to see Jaime simply for the fact it's Jaime Reyes kicking rear end. Now, if they went for Ted Kord, that'd also be very interesting and have an equally potential moveset. But, if Blue Beetle did win, it'd be Jaime because Ted Kord no longer exists thanks to Flashpoint/Dan Didio.

Haven't read much of Dr. Fate and my exposure is limited to his Justice League appearances, but he too would have been a nice addition. Mainly because we'd have something along the lines of Doctor Strange in MvC3.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ted Kord lives in Arrow, which is yet another thing that show does right despite being a DC property.

Doctor Fate typically just uses a lot of ankh shaped stuff and glow yellowness, but as a Magic user he can do whatever the hell he wants.

At least Zatanna is still in there. Her outfit probably gives her a decent chance too.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Ted Kord lives in Arrow, which is yet another thing that show does right despite being a DC property.
Please tell me Arrow preserved Ted's bromance with Booster Gold. That may or may not convince me to watch the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ted hasn't actually shown up. He was just name dropped. He seems like a very likely candidate to show up in the future though, since he's mostly grounded in reality.

Arrow is full of fun little namedrops and visual references. Stuff like apartments being #52, to a Ferris Air jet being the target of a villain, or the super cheesy line "I'm taking the redeye to Central City. I'll be home in a flash".

vvvv And when the idea of crowdfunding a new season came up, they gave some ridiculous number like $10 million. vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 18, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Holy Calamity! posted:

Guess this proves that hardly anyone cared about Young Justice, which gave both those characters a lot of love. What a shame.

Like anyone could catch it, CN mis-managed that cartoon horribly then canceled it after a huge hiatus.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm still holding out that our Scorpion DLC will actually be The Scorpion, a retro golden-age style character complete with "WHOOSH!" sounds when he jumps.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Like anyone could catch it, CN mis-managed that cartoon horribly then canceled it after a huge hiatus.
Well, technically Warner Brothers mis-managed YJ since they own Cartoon Network. Coupled with the massive rewrite between season 1 and 2 (that was probably due to reboot shenanigans), Young Justice had the entire deck stacked against it. Which is a real shame, because I liked it. Even if some designs/casting were...horrendous.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Arturo Sanchez appears to be replaying a recording of some matches between himself and PerfectLegend: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/
Alex Valle is back at the ranked match grind: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
PND Ketchup is playing Lobo online Solomon Grundy in ranked: http://www.twitch.tv/pndketchup

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gently caress you, Injustice community.

I'm going to keep hoping that the names are in order from least votes to most, so Zatanna will win. :unsmith:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sometimes perfectlegend does the dumbest poo poo in the world.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Krad posted:

Why would it be stupid? It's simple: ranked games count toward ranks, player games don't. There, simple.

Well merging all the Leaderboard stats into one stat line would be stupid as poo poo since it includes KotH and Survivor stats as well as Player and Rank. The solution you're proposing wouldn't actually be bad, though.

Just goes to show that NRS makes some of the design decisions they make just to be slightly different from their peers.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

gently caress you, Injustice community.

I'm going to keep hoping that the names are in order from least votes to most, so Zatanna will win. :unsmith:

Nope. Static Shock will win it, no doubt in my mind. His Super Move can have him tag team with Gadget.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Unbound posted:

Nope. Static Shock will win it, no doubt in my mind. His Super Move can have him tag team with Gadget.

We need more magic characters dammit.

Shazam and Black Adam don't count, and screw Raven.

I'd actually be okay with Static Shock. I'd actually be okay with anybody on that list except for Power Girl and Red Hood, the pair that will almost certainly contain the winner.

It's not like they'll actually make the DLC anyways, I guess. v:shobon:v

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Unbound posted:

We already have three electricity characters and Static Shock sucks. :(

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I've got high hopes for this game. It was my introduction to the FGC so I might be biased but in checking out streams one of the things Injustice has going for it is that it's cinematic as hell, and also less...busy? Than the other fighting games that get a lot of play, so it might get by on sheer mass appeal.

I mean I get that players won't gravitate towards it just because it looks good, and it's about the mechanics, but I know some casuals at work who would never otherwise watch videogames who have started checking out tournament streams.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Static needs to be in this game.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

We need more magic characters dammit.

Shazam and Black Adam don't count, and screw Raven.

I'd actually be okay with Static Shock. I'd actually be okay with anybody on that list except for Power Girl and Red Hood, the pair that will almost certainly contain the winner.

It's not like they'll actually make the DLC anyways, I guess. v:shobon:v

Don't be swayed man. Static Shock is more Shazam/Black Adam than anything else. We need Dr. Fate. We can't falter now!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah, Static. A guy whose power is flying on a trash can lid and also sometimes a little bit of electricity.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Oh yeah, Static. A guy whose power is flying on a trash can lid and also sometimes a little bit of electricity.

Everyone has a character that wanna see added. I would give an arm and a leg for Red Hood :v:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Aphrodite posted:

But he flies on a trash can in a really cool way. :colbert:

I'd rather see Zatanna because she could literally be anything and that's cool, though I get the feeling I won't like her mechanically. Oh well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the end though, I don't care as long as they play well. It's not like they integrate into story mode anyway.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Everyone has a character that wanna see added. I would give an arm and a leg for Red Hood :v:

If that wasn't some sort of joke, that I didn't get, you are what's wrong with the world.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well everyone Red Hood is in the game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the following:

Manchester Black
Pandora
Gorilla Grodd
Hugo Strange

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

Nope. Static Shock will win it, no doubt in my mind.

Static definitely has higher odds than most on that poll. Dude had his own cartoon.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So far I've mostly been catching streams of this game whenever I can, probably gonna give in and pick it up some time soon since it looks really fun as well. Though I'm surprised nobody uses the Joker, like is he not very good, too difficult, reliant on certain stages or something?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

So far I've mostly been catching streams of this game whenever I can, probably gonna give in and pick it up some time soon since it looks really fun as well. Though I'm surprised nobody uses the Joker, like is he not very good, too difficult, reliant on certain stages or something?

As far as I can tell he doesn't really have much going for him aside from his counter ability. Doesn't have too high of combo potential and all his specials seems to be situational.

Note that I'm not good at this game and better players will most likely have a better answer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yardbomb posted:

The answer to your question is difficult to learn.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

WHERE IS CAPTAIN COLD GODDAMMIT

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Complimented a rad ranked mode Joker I bumped into today who completely outzoned and set up my Sinestro in all sorts of crazy Joker ways..

:buddy:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The answer to your question is difficult to learn.

I spent a week of effort trying to get decent with Joker. I ended up a lovely zoning character that could gimmick parry. :(

Teeth are his big sticking point, and if you can get someone into a corner they can be hilarious. It's getting there that can be an issue. I found of all the characters on TYM, Joker had the worst of the combo lists/videos to learn from as well. Also a lot of the combo's people posted were complete bullshit and weren't actually straight strings.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
Joker has some tricky setups with teeth, a really good air attack with crowbar, and a pretty good projectile with gun. He's not bad, just his trait isn't that good and he cant get damage like Superman or Black Adam

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

He's about to have the absolute best set of skins, though!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Spaceman Bill posted:

He's about to have the absolute best set of skins, though!

That he is. I don't even play joker anymore, nor do I particularly enjoy buying skin packs. However on Tuesday I can already feel my lighter wallet.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I don't even own the game yet but I'm waiting for those Red Son skins. Gotta get my Communist Superman on after reading Red Son a bit back. :v:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Complimented a rad ranked mode Joker I bumped into today who completely outzoned and set up my Sinestro in all sorts of crazy Joker ways..

:buddy:

Outta invite that guy to SA to play in some goon rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptic Wizard
Aug 21, 2008
I had a match against that Joker player earlier. I barely managed a win with Harley Quinn, appropriately enough.

• Locked thread