Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Might wanna hit the brewery today :radcat:

Like, right now today? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

poo poo, just missed it. Going to have to drown my sorrows in Geiger's delicious beer.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
the ISOs on BA are pretty predictable interesting at the moment

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Confirmation: Stone's re-releasing Ruination 10th! Unfortunately, everyone here hated it because Texas distributors hosed up and it was past it's prime by the time it showed up. Fresh bottle I had in DC was very good.

https://twitter.com/StoneBrewingCo/status/335474134559637505

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

Confirmation: Stone's re-releasing Ruination 10th! Unfortunately, everyone here hated it because Texas distributors hosed up and it was past it's prime by the time it showed up. Fresh bottle I had in DC was very good.

My girlfriend, who "does not like hops," said it was the worst thing she's ever tasted. It's excellent.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Is it true that they are releasing more throughout the week? My friend is going to Tampa this weekend and would stop in if thats the case.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

air- posted:

Yayyyyy. I missed it last year; hopefully I can snag a bottle this year.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

air- posted:

I loved this beer, although I've never had a beer give me so much palate fatigue. I could taste hops for over an hour after drinking half a bottle.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

West Coast Brew Fest is tomorrow! Looking forward to trying lots of beers, I just need to remember to keep track of stuff I like and eat beforehand this time. :shepface:

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Anyone able to name the Ft Collins beers in this blurry-rear end photo? I'm trying to decide if I want to stop in.

I see: ____, 1900 Amber Lager, Z Lager, Chocolate Stout, ____, Maibock, Red Banshee (?), _____

ChickenArise fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 17, 2013

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ChickenArise posted:

Anyone able to name the Ft Collins beers in this blurry-rear end photo? I'm trying to decide if I want to stop in.

I see: ____, 1900 Amber Lager, Z Lager, Chocolate Stout, ____, Maibock, Red Banshee (?), _____

The left-most is Major Tom's Pomegranate Wheat, the right-most is the Rocky Mountain IPA, can't help you with the middle one.

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
Just got back from a trip to my parents place in northern Michigan. Decided to stop by greenbush finally on my way up. Barrel aged retribution was fantastic, the barrel gave it a pronounced funkiness, reminded me quite a bit of supplication, not much higher praise than that in my world. up a growler of their dungras pale ale and some bottle of brother Benjamin, all were better than expected.

Got to Jolly Pumpkin Traverse, on the old mission peninsula. They had about 20 bottles of Grand Reserva biere de mars left! I was able to snag 6... I'd be willing to set up a trade for anybody that wants a bottle.

Also got Oro de Calabaza on tap, which was phenomenal as always, a little more citrus up front than the older bottles I've always had.

People have been talking about summer beer, and nothing could be more summer than a fresh growler of bam biere while grilling Michigan cherry brats over an open fire while the sun sets.

Stopped by the shorts brewpub as well, they were out of spirit of '78, but I got a sixer of their anniversary ale and got to try the barrel aged version.

umop apisdn fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 17, 2013

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ChickenArise posted:

"For Whom the Belg Tolls" Belgian ESB. Haven't had it but the thought of those two styles mashed together is unpleasant. http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/2013/03/march-2013-brings-new-releases-for-fort.html

I don't see their Doppelbock or Double Chocolate Stout on that list which are really the only things they make worth drinking. Maybe Z Lager if you can't get enough of smoked beers. They're like the fifth best brewery in Fort Collins.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/central-waters--local-option-bourbon-barrel-la-petite-mort/173095/

Just popped up in Chicago. No idea if it's any good but Central Waters typically does a decent job. We'll see.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/central-waters--local-option-bourbon-barrel-la-petite-mort/173095/

Just popped up in Chicago. No idea if it's any good but Central Waters typically does a decent job. We'll see.

BUYBUYBUYBUY

(Seriously, it's great.)

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Yes, finally I can by "Orgasm: The Beer"

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Save me a bottle? :)

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
Edit: derp wrong thread.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I'm hoping that the Crow's feet can attain Teresa's-level blackboard taplist supremacy someday, but the Deschutes takeover wasn't a bad start. Suck it east coasters :colbert:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Did you try that smoked imperial porter? Looking forward to that one hitting bottles.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

SUPER HASSLER posted:

I'm hoping that the Crow's feet can attain Teresa's-level blackboard taplist supremacy someday, but the Deschutes takeover wasn't a bad start. Suck it east coasters :colbert:

you try the Currant Event? sounds kind of terrible, but if it works...

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Speaking of Teresa's, any goons going to be there for the Lew Bryson whiskey tasting tomorrow? I was planning on going but I've come down with a slight case of Ebola so I might not make it.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Nitro oatmeal stout sounds awesome, it must be like drinking cream. Delicious alcholic cream.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

My god the entitlement on BA for this Hunahpu's. When you actually say "This gives an unfair advantage to the people who frequent the brewery" then you might want to check yourself.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

no, dude, it's totally not fair that i live in a different state while others live close to the brewery! i mean, i would appreciate that beer so much more than some plebe who can just hop in the car and be there in five minutes- they don't know what they've got!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

My god the entitlement on BA for this Hunahpu's. When you actually say "This gives an unfair advantage to the people who frequent the brewery" then you might want to check yourself.

I was just coming in here to comment on the fact that you must love coming to SA after being on BA. You can't make everybody happy, it's usually not worth going onto BA when a big release happens.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

So 1414 is completely worth the hype. So tasty and chocolatey. Fifteen, less so. But still delicious.

edit: I offered Fou Foune+ for a brandy Huna and got crickets. Hopefully the hype dies down a little in the next few days.

edit 2: It won't. sigh.

crazyfish fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 18, 2013

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So a friend just went to MN for work and pick up some surly furious. Stuff is really good, and I'm kind of bummed that I won't be able to have anymore for a long time unless they start to distribute to Wisconsin. Though if it was available here I think I might go broke. I can get dale's pale ale and Two hearted but this is way better. Wish I could find something similar.

Also recently picked up some Tyranena Chipotle Smoked Imperial Porter which is really good, just wish that it was a bit spicier. Wouldn't mind trying other chipotle beers as it works really well, just doesn't seem to be much around.

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down

Harminoff posted:

So a friend just went to MN for work and pick up some surly furious. Stuff is really good, and I'm kind of bummed that I won't be able to have anymore for a long time unless they start to distribute to Wisconsin. Though if it was available here I think I might go broke. I can get dale's pale ale and Two hearted but this is way better. Wish I could find something similar.

Furious is excellent, but It still pales in comparison to the perfection of Two Hearted. However, the rarity of it in Michigan/Illinois always forces me to pick up as much as I can carry when I'm in the twin cities.

Now coffee bender... That is the perfect shower beer.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
You really rank two hearted above it? Might be true, I've just never had two hearted that is less than three months old as I think the label is off putting to most people who don't know what it is.

I'd like to try the bender, upset he didn't grab any but he isn't a fan of the style. Did they start distributing to Illinois again? Last I heard they pulled out a few years ago.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

I've had sub-month-old Furious and sub-month-old Two Hearted, and Two Hearted kills Furious. Not to say Furious is a bad beer, but I just love the poo poo out of Two Hearted.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

umop apisdn posted:

Furious is excellent, but It still pales in comparison to the perfection of Two Hearted.

Correct. Though Furious is significantly better on tap than canned. Neither touches Two Hearted on cask.

I'm very sorry I missed Local Option's event tonight. More so since crazyfish is saying 1414 is better than Fifteen. I have a bottle of the latter, not the former.

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down

Harminoff posted:

You really rank two hearted above it? Might be true, I've just never had two hearted that is less than three months old as I think the label is off putting to most people who don't know what it is.

I'd like to try the bender, upset he didn't grab any but he isn't a fan of the style. Did they start distributing to Illinois again? Last I heard they pulled out a few years ago.

Surly barely distributes outside of Minn, which is why I'm always hauling it back to Chicago.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

funkybottoms posted:

you try the Currant Event? sounds kind of terrible, but if it works...

It's mostly currant and if you like for example New Glarus's fruit beers you'll love it, but it's not that much sour actually.

The Class of '88 smoked porter was where it was at, though. Very chocolate smoke all the way.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
I found a couple of bottles of Love Child #3 out here in SF for $20 a pop. Good deal? Should I go back and try to nab more? I'm so glad that we're finally getting Boulevard out here.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

blue.eyed.ash posted:

I found a couple of bottles of Love Child #3 out here in SF for $20 a pop. Good deal? Should I go back and try to nab more? I'm so glad that we're finally getting Boulevard out here.

I like it more than most- if not all- RR sours. So yes.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

blue.eyed.ash posted:

That's a fair price. I've seen it run for 17/18 but never actually got the opportunity to buy at the lower price.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Thanks for your help guys. The worst of the night ended up being Henry Weinhard's Woodland Pass and Sam Adams Latitude 48 if anyone is curious.

Worst I have ever had is still Moylan's Moylander which left a strong feeling of dirt in mouth :barf:

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I was just coming in here to comment on the fact that you must love coming to SA after being on BA. You can't make everybody happy, it's usually not worth going onto BA when a big release happens.

I'll admit I have an unhealthy fascination with this stuff. I think what I love most is all the various rumors that fly around. From things about bottle count to our canning line being down for weeks at a time...Love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Swickles and I are having some fresh heady topper in DC. Don't know if you guys realize this, but he is kind of a big deal.