Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Lucy and Quinn (who is not a tinydog) routinely take long naps in other parts of the house. Typically Quinn spends two or three hours sleeping on our bed while the rest of the dogs are in the living room with us.

Nori is a nice, independent dog. Aside from the Pyr, he is the only dog we've ever had that liked to just go hang out in the yard by himself for lengths of time. It isn't at all uncommon for any of the three to be MIA on any given day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

InEscape posted:

My favorite part is that it's obvious by the list of games that that kid is like maybe 14, desperate for a pet, any pet.

I dunno, see at the VERY bottom under all the amazing games and consoles, they mention they would also consider trading one male 'ragdoll' unregistered/unneutered. So maybe they are just bored of their current pet. That poor cat..

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

TVs Ian posted:

Lucy and Quinn (who is not a tinydog) routinely take long naps in other parts of the house. Typically Quinn spends two or three hours sleeping on our bed while the rest of the dogs are in the living room with us.

Nori is a nice, independent dog. Aside from the Pyr, he is the only dog we've ever had that liked to just go hang out in the yard by himself for lengths of time. It isn't at all uncommon for any of the three to be MIA on any given day.

Well, maybe I'm just paranoid then.

Whenever my housemate or I go through the front door, or any of the kids come to visit, iow whenever there's any traffic in and out of the house, I am acutely aware of where the dogs are. It's unlikely they'd make a run for it and they do respond to "Wait!" but I'm still very vigilant. I guess, too, because I tend to close all the doors leading to the bedrooms so they're just running around the main part of the house (and it's a small house) it's easier to keep track of where they are and to actually be able to SEE them with little effort.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hooo yeah, this is getting shared:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hooo yeah, this is getting shared:

Gotta love that cedar chip bedding. I know when I buy mice I'm looking for ones with respiratory problems, along with uncontrolled inbreeding.

e. Probably not the right place for this, but I found a thing that's full of terribleness. "Monkeymoms" are horrible, horrible people, oh god.. It's from the latest F+ episode and features just about every terrible thing that I hate about a certain type of pet owner. Warning, features people talking about having their "baby" monkeys defanged so they can't bite, among other atrocities.

platedlizard fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 20, 2013

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
"Hello, I am looking for my dog's spirit, reincarnated. YES, THAT'S RIGHT. She was the love of my life, she died Febuary 15, 2013 she was 13 years old. I promised her before she passed that i would find her and so here i am reaching out... THIS IS NOT A JOKE. I dont know how long she may have stuck around her body, which is burried in our back yard, but I think she will have found a body to move into within a week or so of passing. Her date of birth should be apx April 19 (after 63 days gestation period) through the beginning of May. Here are some pictures of her, Her Name was Glimmer, and as you may see, she was/is precious to me. If you are in the area, especially, please let me know if you have a puppies who may have been conceived of on approximately this passed Valentines Day. Thanks for keeping an open mind and if you see this ad and have some ideas as to where i might look or know of someone, please email me."

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

platedlizard posted:

e. Probably not the right place for this, but I found a thing that's full of terribleness. "Monkeymoms" are horrible, horrible people, oh god.. It's from the latest F+ episode and features just about every terrible thing that I hate about a certain type of pet owner. Warning, features people talking about having their "baby" monkeys defanged so they can't bite, among other atrocities.

I just read through all of this and this is simultaneously the most hilarious and the most horrible thing I have read in a long while.

Jesus gently caress these middle aged fat women are insane

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Scary Ned posted:

Reincarnated dog spirits.

This is the perfect intersection of crazy and tragic. :(

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

To actually contribute some content:

quote:

Green Iguana (edited out)
We have a female iguana named Missy. We need to find her a new home because we have been getting to busy to give her the attention she needs. She doesn't bite and is nice. lately she has had a temper because she was getting ready to lay eggs. She laid them now and is starting to be normal again. She must go to an experienced reptile owner. She needs a bigger tank.. we havent been able to afford one but we let her free roam. She is 2 years old and is about 3 ft long
we live in the dalles oregon and will not deliver unless its in The Dalles.

This is just awesome iguana-keeping. Not only did they buy an animal they can't afford to properly house, she lays eggs! I foresee a very expensive emergency spay in the future if she's very lucky, or a dead iguana if she's not.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Eh, it's less weird than you might think. Given how much space these guys need to be happy, it's a pretty good solution for people who don't mind iguana-proofing the whole damned house.

Not sure if it's even possible to keep them from laying eggs, though. I don't have much experience with ladyguanas.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Scary Ned posted:

Eh, it's less weird than you might think. Given how much space these guys need to be happy, it's a pretty good solution for people who don't mind iguana-proofing the whole damned house.

Not sure if it's even possible to keep them from laying eggs, though. I don't have much experience with ladyguanas.

I have an iggy too, mine's almost six feet long and I keep him in a solid-sided cage that's the size of a walk-in closet. It just boggles me that people get these guys and then get rid of them when they get too big. That's kind of like getting a great dane puppy and rehoming it when it grows up in my opinion. It's an iguana, it's going to get big.

My understanding is that the females will often have trouble if they don't have a place to bury her eggs, like a nice deep rubbermaid contain full of potting soil.

I should take some pictures of my guy, he sleeps with his tongue hanging out.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
My 5th grade teacher had an iguana in a tank shorter than the length of her body. In, you know, a classroom full of children. Maybe these people are my former classmates, I know I sure wanted a ball python after handling one of the four she kept together in a tiny cage. :downs:

Someone's selling this cat and her 8 week old kitten. (I say selling because $450 is not a rehoming fee, come on guys).

I desperately want an alien of my very own

uptown
May 16, 2009

platedlizard posted:

This needs its own thread. gently caress I hate monkeys too.

That thing is so cute. I just want to squish it's crazy face.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

uptown posted:

This needs its own thread. gently caress I hate monkeys too.

I actually quite like monkeys, but holy gently caress are they not meant to be kept as pets, and people who do keep them as pets are incredibly selfish.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
:(
Click for huge

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

A couple from the past few weeks:

Feel bad for the dog but are people really this irresponsible? (yes.)

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

cryingscarf posted:

A couple from the past few weeks:

Feel bad for the dog but are people really this irresponsible? (yes.)

That poor monkey. :smith: I'm not good at judging a monkey's age but she doesn't look more than a month or two old. I bet she was just taken from her momma.

Springly
Dec 10, 2011

Oh no :smith:

Saw this today, there's nothing abnormally horrible about some guy offloading pig dogs, but I keep trying to see a joke in the FEMALE and MALE.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

platedlizard posted:

How on earth do you not have time to take care of a betta? :psyduck:

Those tanks are ridiculously small and you'd have to change the water fairly often. That said:

Where the gently caress is the fish in that picture? :psyduck:

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

SynthOrange posted:

Those tanks are ridiculously small and you'd have to change the water fairly often. That said:

Where the gently caress is the fish in that picture? :psyduck:

And here is an image of a sphinx cat someone was trying to unload on craigslist awhile back. This was the only picture they had up, and no, it probably wasn't a joke ad.

cubivore fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 3, 2013

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

A tortoise being sold as an RES.

I can't really describe the amount of anger I feel

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
God that's sad :smith:

A couple years ago my crackhead neighbor showed up on my porch and wanted to sell me a RES for $10. The poor little thing was in a plastic mouse cage lined with aquarium sand and about 3" of filthy water (it looked like the tank that tortoise is in, just mose cage sized and with no way to get out of the water). I bought her and it turned out she also had horrible softshell but was really, really sweet. She lives at a turtle sanctuary now with a huge 6' deep pond and is huge and very sassy :3:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

platedlizard posted:

There's a great Louis Theroux documentary where he travels around America and meets people who keep exotic animals as pets (spoiler: every single person he interviews is bugfuck crazy and refuses to see the danger and selfishness in their behaviour) but the best part is a lady who has two pet chimps and talks about how the chimp's favourite food is doritos and takeaway chinese :allears:

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

~**BOY**~

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

poo poo, this cat is so important she gets her own mail.

That sure does look like a schitzu. Who the gently caress buys a three week old puppy? :psyduck:

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Silly Hippie posted:

That sure does look like a schitzu. Who the gently caress buys a three week old puppy? :psyduck:

Well, they do say in the ad they "I don't know much about dogs"... I consider that as the biggest understatement of the year.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
"Shitzu chiw. Mix. Not fond on small children." <sigh>

That face!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
The listing has thankfully been removed, so I don't have a screenshot, but yesterday I saw a blue and gold macaw for sale on craigslist. It was sitting in a tiny dog crate with a broom handle jammed through it as a perch. Bout six inches of poo poo and shredded newspaper were in the bottom. He couldn't even stand upright and had to hunch to sit on his perch.

They ~didn't have time for him~ anymore and wanted 800 bucks for him. :)

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

I feel... and maybe I'm wrong... but I feel like... even if there were Dingos in rural Alabama... they wouldn't be breeding with chihuahuas. :psyduck:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

There's a thing called the American dingo (which is basically a kind of feral dog), but they look nothing like that. :psyduck: how bizarre.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

For the love of god, man, this is a time for pictures. (I can only assume these are husky/malamute/something + bulldog mixes and that sounds hilarious).

I really need a new mop. Or ewok. Whatever.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

:allears:

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Hey I wonder if there are any "wolfdogs" in my area!

This poor dog :smith:

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

Bananaquiter posted:

Hey I wonder if there are any "wolfdogs" in my area!

This poor dog :smith:

drat, is it even possible to give a husky the exercise it needs in a place where the temperature can easily hit 110 in the summer? You'd almost have to do it in the middle of the night, which would require some serious dedication.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

quote:

I am starting a new job and I need a foster home for my 2 Rottweilers (one male that is 100 lbs and a female that is 60 lbs). I will be in training for 2 months; I will be flying to many different cities, very often, and I cannot take my pups with me. When I am done with training, caring for my dogs will not be an issue. I do not want to rehome them just because I cannot be with them for 2 months. They are very good dogs; very lovey, non-aggressive, eager to please, and snuggle bugs. I will provide all of their healthcare, food and treats; I need a foster family to let them sleep with them, love on them, play with them, and scratch their ears. If you think you can help, please call me at

Board my dogs for free while I jetset around the country. I'll provide you with food I guess.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

I found something amazing on CL

Then there was a response:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I want a Space Unicorn, but my cat won't let me put a horn on her. :smith:

Found this on Craigslist:

quote:

wanting to give bird a home (oregon)

I know people frown on these kind of postings but here goes anyway. I have been looking for a long time to give a great home to a cockatoo African grey quaker or conure. Yes I know the old saying if you can't afford the homing fee you can't afford to take care of it. Well I disagree as I am more than capable of providing for all needs including vet bills I however do not just have hundreds of dollars sitting around. If you are looking for a loving caring and knowledgeable home I would love to help!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE
This just reminds me of when were making fun of Super and her *hugs* furbaby Pit rescue. :angel:

• Locked thread