Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Mourinho will announce he's leaving Madrid next week, according to AS.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Been trying to find pics of Mourinho back in his days as a player and came across this clip which is I think a role call for Rio Ave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7B_upEOMWw

Mourinho at around 59 seconds just after the tall guy in the blue hoodie.

e: and apparently the thumbnail of the clip heh

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I like this one

And now that he's out of a job at Madrid he wants to return to Barca? too bad we don't need translators any more

El Hefe fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 18, 2013

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Au revoir.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Aw, I love Becks.

Also, but unrelated:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

The look on Ibra's face is pretty funny

Rossy
Oct 25, 2004
Becks is a class act. It's refreshing to actually see a football player care so much about playing football rather than showing their face and picking up their 100k+ a week pay slip.

Was a nice touch from Ancelotti and the rest of PSG as well

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Beckham is great, awesome from PSG to see him off like that.

Gigi Galli posted:

Balotelli, Boateng and Niang all having a go at each other's hair style

(Bottom up)

fan: "Mario, tonight while Niang is sleeping, fix his mohawk!"
Niang: "The mohawk is fine, Mario's phone, not so much"
Balotelli: "Your mohawk is a disaster! Stephan's (El Shaarawy's) is better, you can't say anything"
Boateng: "It's true, Niang's is a disaster hahaha, the worst mohawk in the history of Milan"

lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tbp posted:

I'm pretty fumed at the blatant bigotry taking place at Stoke City... Have there been any repercussions yet?!

I am sure at some stage pulis will punch somebody.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Rossy posted:

Becks is a class act. It's refreshing to actually see a football player care so much about playing football rather than showing their face and picking up their 100k+ a week pay slip.

Hard to care about your 100k paycheck when you're as rich as that oval office is

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Byolante posted:

I am sure at some stage pulis will punch somebody.

Wow. I can't believe that nothing, as of now, is being done for this utter insanity. Shameful from the club.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tbp posted:

Wow. I can't believe that nothing, as of now, is being done for this utter insanity. Shameful from the club.

I think you should have listened to the interview with Pulis on the 5live kicking off podcast. Also thats a pretty weak troll, you should go back to trolling e/n imo.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Thugs on and off the pitch, can't say I'm surprised.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

I am sure as we speak somebody on delilah is typing a post that includes the words 'smiling ricardo fuller'

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Rossy posted:

Was a nice touch from Ancelotti and the rest of PSG as well

Yeah, that's why he went to the MLS when he was, what, 29? Because he cares so much about football rather than a fat paycheck.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Was Taters posted:

Also, but unrelated:

Dunban posted:

Yeah, that's why he went to the MLS when he was, what, 29? Because he cares so much about football rather than a fat paycheck.

I read that a lot of that move was motivated by his wife, who was trying to make it big in Hollywood at the time.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Xabi posted:

Utter hypocrisy from their fans, Xabi. Where is the moral high horse now? Shocking, IMO.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Dunban posted:

He was 32 or something, but yeah playing in the MLS was a silly move. Also, we all knew that Posh Spice wouldn't make it big in Hollywood.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

They were shitfaced on that bus, there's also a video of Puyol and Piqué beating each other, Zlatan kind of jokes I guess.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Haven't seen this posted (certainly not recently anyway)

The greatest moment in Paul Scholes career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHVAHFwPCEQ

The video title spoils it sadly.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Dortmund added a new thing to their museum ahead of the CL final.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

wrong thread

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

:(

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's beautiful :)

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Grimble posted:

Dortmund added a new thing to their museum ahead of the CL final.

Ole :allears:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fH0EMXWWRI

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Absolutely breathtaking that.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

WE WON THE TROPHY!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

T Fowl posted:

WE WON THE TROPHY!

Is that their dressing room or were they away? Either way it's tiny.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

How sweet it would have been if this had gone in. :unsmith:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Lladre posted:

Is that their dressing room or were they away? Either way it's tiny.

Away, Newcastle is a pretty old stadium that doesn't have a replay screen even from what i've heard.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

T Fowl posted:

Away, Newcastle is a pretty old stadium that doesn't have a replay screen even from what i've heard.

St. James Park (and that's what it's loving called) is one of those weird post-Taylor Report stadia where they only had the money/space to do a couple of the stands rather than building a new one, so two sides are brand new and huge and two are tiny cramped things:

It's not as bad as Elland Road or Upton Park (where the West Stand holds almost half the capacity) but the weird thing about it is that the dressing rooms are still in the old cramped bit rather than being rebuilt in the new bit - IIRC it's because there's no easy access for coaches to the new stand. Unfortunately I long ago sold my copy of the sperg-tastic Football Grounds of England so I can't verify this.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
If the away dressing room isn't cramped and the showers don't have only cold water, you ain't doing soccer right.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Errr the club couldn't replace the East Stand because the houses behind it are owned by a hospital (the Freeman, I think) and under specific rules the hospital is not allowed to sell them for any reason and as such they cannot make it the same size as the Milburn Stand

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

goddamnedtwisto posted:

St. James Park (and that's what it's loving called) is one of those weird post-Taylor Report stadia where they only had the money/space to do a couple of the stands rather than building a new one, so two sides are brand new and huge and two are tiny cramped things:

Its like the stadium equivalent of a fiddler crab.

jyrka posted:

If the away dressing room isn't cramped and the showers don't have only cold water, you ain't doing soccer right.

This but about a big poo being on the floor

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

T Fowl posted:

It doesn't even have a scoreboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psybro
May 12, 2002

T Fowl posted:

WE WON THE TROPHY!

Here's some of the Arsenal lads, chuffed as nuts to have won, er, that thing:

• Locked thread