Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I can't remember exactly when it was but I cracked up at Gabrus being unable to help himself from piling on the guy because loving come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Politicalrancor posted:

I can't remember exactly when it was but I cracked up at Gabrus being unable to help himself from piling on the guy because loving come on.

It was when the caller said that Manti T'eo got more poo poo from the media. And Gabrus said "What? For being an idiot".

Probably the best case closed segment. The caller trying to justify his calling Jason Collins a coward because he didn't come out sooner is pure grade bullshit and I'm glad Besser called him on it. It's too bad he couldn't actually defend his position of being a bigot.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Besser really needs a whole episode dedicated to this as this case was fantastic, I loves his passionate talk about "scaling of heroes" which was amazing. But it feels a bit weird going back to Improv direct after, I want to digest, listen to his guests discuss etc, I want more!

Best ending possible to a phone call as well, caught myself by surprise cacklin with laughter.
"All right, take care,
-I'm right-
Bye"

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Fezz posted:

It was when the caller said that Manti T'eo got more poo poo from the media. And Gabrus said "What? For being an idiot".

Probably the best case closed segment. The caller trying to justify his calling Jason Collins a coward because he didn't come out sooner is pure grade bullshit and I'm glad Besser called him on it. It's too bad he couldn't actually defend his position of being a bigot.

I doubt he had much of a position of being a bigot, it didn't seem like he had any conviction or real care about what he was saying on twitter, just farting it out of his brain and putting it out there. That's a problem right there that people don't really think about things, they'll just go ahead and say something like "oh this gay guy coming out is a coward" without really thinking too hard about it or trying to see it in different perspectives.

Also that case closed segment was boss and makes me think much better of Besser.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They gave Maron's cats their own show. I guess you cant resist a title that good. I sort of hope this is an ongoing series that goes on till the heat-death of the universe.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
In your face PodKatz, from NNF's Dan Katz.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

They gave Maron's cats their own show. I guess you cant resist a title that good. I sort of hope this is an ongoing series that goes on till the heat-death of the universe.

It's kind of bizarre that the have three podcasters from "All Things Comedy Network" making an Earwolf Podcast based on WTF.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Okay guys, here we go. First week of seven without a RSS episode. We can do this.

RSS withdrawal survival thread month.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Jeff Ullrich "quit" for a month and he's writing a blog about it. He sounds stressed.

http://jeffullrich.com/

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

anotherone posted:

Jeff Ullrich "quit" for a month and he's writing a blog about it. He sounds stressed.

http://jeffullrich.com/

I can't blame him, running a business is fuckin hard. He must have been real busy what with Earwolf expanding and all this stuff.

Get well soon Jeff, if you still read these things, Earwolf rules!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Considering he went out of his way to answer our questions in our own sub-sub forum I'd say he has a right to feel overworked and stressed.

Hope you get everything worked out, Jeff. You really are doing a good job talking directly to the podcast community, and we appreciate it.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
This week's Improv4Humans was a classic. Great improv, great guest segment that led to some amazing scenes, and it was a little thing but I really liked that they did a scene about a gay couple without it being part of the joke at all.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I feel like they've done it a few times, although mostly because someone didn't realize their scene spouse was trying to do a female voice.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Groucho Marxist posted:

I feel like they've done it a few times, although mostly because someone didn't realize their scene spouse was trying to do a female voice.

"Are we gay?"

http://youtu.be/tUJMi04JcDg?t=16m28s

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Any time I start watching that video even a little I end up watching the whole thing. Such a great episode.

EDDIE__DINGLE
Mar 18, 2013
Is nerd poker going to continue. I've just recently started listening to the beginning of the game and am about 5 episodes in and have laughed milk out my nose more than my entire childhood. Blackie green is my hero.

SMP
May 5, 2009

EDDIE__DINGLE posted:

Is nerd poker going to continue. I've just recently started listening to the beginning of the game and am about 5 episodes in and have laughed milk out my nose more than my entire childhood. Blackie green is my hero.

I hope so! But yeah, it's still going strong. They're trying to get Vin Diesel to come play DND with them.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EDDIE__DINGLE posted:

It's still going on. I like it but it has it's ups and downs. Later on they get into a bunch of fights, some of which take up a whole ep.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Yeah the plot moves glacially but it's still interesting and a fun podcast.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I listened to the first three episodes of Nerd Poker and decided I was going to save the rest of the series for a cross-country drive.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

I listened to the first three episodes of Nerd Poker and decided I was going to save the rest of the series for a cross-country drive.

Ha. I did the exact same thing when I was driving to Wisconsin from NY. I don't know why but it felt like that was the best way to listen to them. I mean that in a good way.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The episode before last with the end of the battle was so tough to listen to. I wish they'd just wrapped up after the big fight instead of the DM making up deus ex machina off the top of his head urr-ing and um-ing as much as he was describing anything.
Is it typical for resurrections and deities saving everyone in DnD? Brian and Sarah seemed to have no idea why they weren't just dead and over.
I want there to be a new campaign already.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Finally got around to watching that Improv4Humans and I think my favorite part is Horatio Sanz's version of "talking dirty". "69 me!"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Teenage Fansub posted:

The episode before last with the end of the battle was so tough to listen to. I wish they'd just wrapped up after the big fight instead of the DM making up deus ex machina off the top of his head urr-ing and um-ing as much as he was describing anything.
Is it typical for resurrections and deities saving everyone in DnD? Brian and Sarah seemed to have no idea why they weren't just dead and over.

The new D&D version is based more around "balancing" encounters (like a videogame) so that players usually don't die unless it's for mutually agreed upon plot purposes, or very unlikely random circumstance. This usually makes for a more enjoyable experience on the whole, but Brian's group doesn't seem entirely used to this concept so they're still playing like it's an old version with random chance, endless contingencies, and use of deus ex machina to keep games running smoothly (as opposed to the planned game-like artifice of 4e). There are some parts of Nerd Poker that I ilke a lot, and some parts that are boring and make it skippable, compared to other podcasts.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

In context that seemed very reasonable, not so Deus Ex Machina as plot resolution. Saving a multiverse has its perks! Plus it's not like the story is made up off the top of Sark's head, he probably had that written long before it was visible in the future.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

it's not like the story is made up off the top of Sark's head

If that's true of this instance and he's describing something concrete in his head, he's amazingly bad at it. Count all the "umm... sort of..."'s and pauses when he's describing the massive god thing. It was excruciating.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 19, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

If that's true of this instance and he's describing something concrete in his head, he's amazingly bad at it. Count all the "umm... sort of..."'s and pauses when he's describing the massive god thing. It was excruciating.

He describes it pretty well despite his verbal tics I think.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I'm so sad there's no Reality Show Show episode to have during this spectacle of the Amy's Baking Company episode on Kitchen Nightmare.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I NEED REALITY SHOW SHOW

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Every day without RSS is difficult. They never* even got to go on VPN...
*yet

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yo, Wittelheads.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I choose to believe that Hayes and Sean are starring in a new reality show that takes 7 weeks to film, and their NDA prevents them from broadcasting.

They better be "the podcasters" on the next Amazing Race! :colbert:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Nemo posted:

I choose to believe that Hayes and Sean are starring in a new reality show that takes 7 weeks to film, and their NDA prevents them from broadcasting.

They better be "the podcasters" on the next Amazing Race! :colbert:

God, that would be the greatest thing in the world. Now I'm gonna be pissed at you when it doesn't happen :mad:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Max22 posted:

Now I'm gonna be pissed at you when it doesn't happen :mad:

Yep, you've gone and put this in my head and I can't get it out.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
You guys can't hate me any more than I hate myself.

I want to believe...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yo, Wittelheads.

Yay. I've missed Harris so much.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Amy Poehler on I4H! :aaa:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Amy Poehler on I4H! :aaa:
Oh my god, I've waited so long for her to come on!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Every time I come into this thread I get good news. First thing after work I'm listening the poo poo out of the Poehler I4H ep. She was amazing on her CBB appearances (podcast and show).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Wittels is killing it on Vine lately.