Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

gibbed posted:

This hasn't been fixed yet.

Hey dude,

Just took the product off sale, thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Memento1979 posted:

Awesome sale right now, it's really cool to see Amazon doing their thing to compete with or simply complement the other digital delivery methods.

I'm also very impressed. These kinds of sales make it a very good time to be a gamer. You've put a lot of effort into making that happen, I hope you get a pile of money to sleep on.

Tony I realize you probably have no say over it but the website is kinda a beast to navigate. Being able to filter the sale items by genre or exclude dlc would be good. Also some indication of how long an item will be at that price would be good, I know I've missed deals while making my mind up.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
drat, Crusader pack still not working :( But Bioshock Infinite's at 35$

EDIT : Oh, no sale :\

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
Man I accidentally screwed up when buying the DLC Bundle for L.A Noire. Is there no way to redeem the code if I have the steam version? If not I'll just give it away here.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

JuHoZ posted:

Man I accidentally screwed up when buying the DLC Bundle for L.A Noire. Is there no way to redeem the code if I have the steam version? If not I'll just give it away here.

Contact CS and they'll issue you a refund so you can buy the correct version. If you run into an issue, let me know and I'll escalate internally.

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
There doesn't seem to be a steam version for the DLC bundle. But thats ok. I gave the code to a friend with a retail copy of LA Noire. Since I got the 5$ towards a rockstar game and was gonna buy GTA V anyway from you guys so no biggie. Thanks for the reply anyway Tony, you da man.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I would appreciate it if someone posts when/if Dark Souls is back in stock.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

elf help book posted:

I would appreciate it if someone posts when/if Dark Souls is back in stock.

Kinda funny that they ran out of keys in less than three days...I wonder how many copies that was? I'm guessing quite a few.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Steam ran out of keys last time they had a Dark Souls sale too. It must sell fairly well.

Celes
Feb 23, 2008

None have ever truly known the woman beneath the general's guise...

AmazonTony posted:

Working on it!

Also, today only, Bioshock Infinite is $34.99:

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-BioShock-Infinite-Download/dp/B009SPZ11Q?tag-somethingawfu-20

Price should flip soon.

Cheers,
Tony

Excellent! I was waiting for this to go down. Bought it as a surprise present for my boyfriend. Thanks for the heads up!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

elf help book posted:

Europa Universalis III: Absolutism - $0.99
Europa Universalis III: Music of the World - $0.99
Europa Universalis III: Revolution 2 - $0.99

I'm really confused, these seem to be on Steam but aren't listed on the dlc page for EU3. But there's a bunch of other cosmetic dlc for it listed on Steam which isn't in this sale.

These DLCs were only added on December and Steam never updated the EU3 page to reflect their existence, even though they're for sale. The three DLCs are all that could be salvaged from the cancelled Magna Mundi game: the music is MM's soundtrack and the sprite packs are MM's sprites. If you play EU3 I recommend the music DLC, it's good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Patter Song posted:

These DLCs were only added on December and Steam never updated the EU3 page to reflect their existence, even though they're for sale. The three DLCs are all that could be salvaged from the cancelled Magna Mundi game: the music is MM's soundtrack and the sprite packs are MM's sprites. If you play EU3 I recommend the music DLC, it's good.

I don't think they are actually Steam codes, I dunno.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Atomicated posted:

Steam ran out of keys last time they had a Dark Souls sale too. It must sell fairly well.

I think a while back they said it sold 300,000 copies which is fairly respectable for a barebones port released a year late. Enough for them to target the PC as a primary platform for the sequel, anyway.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

AmazonTony posted:

Working on it!

Also, today only, Bioshock Infinite is $34.99:

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-BioShock-Infinite-Download/dp/B009SPZ11Q?tag-somethingawfu-20

Price should flip soon.

Cheers,
Tony

Does this download to your steam library or elsewhere?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Tyree posted:

Does this download to your steam library or elsewhere?

You buy it on Amazon, you have it on Steam.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
One more question, Tony!

I see you guys have Age of Empires II HD on sale now. Do you know if this is going to be having a sale anytime in the near future?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

elf help book posted:

I don't think they are actually Steam codes, I dunno.

One way to find out:

Tony! Is this Steam compatible? http://www.amazon.com/Europa-Universalis-III-Music-Download/dp/B00ALYHUKS Thanks in advance! :)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
So is the Crusader Kings pack gone from the sale for good? Really wanted to buy that.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Gotta figure if they get any new codes/copies it will be sometime during regular business hours. Won't hurt to check back a few times.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Any chance for more Dark Souls keys? I know a couple of people that would like to buy it at that nice price!

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

Whizbang posted:

So is the Crusader Kings pack gone from the sale for good? Really wanted to buy that.

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Inter...ader+kings+pack

It's still there as far as I know.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Ojjeorago fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 20, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Shame you can't purchase and just wait for the key to head your way, like steam.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Lord Lambeth posted:

Shame you can't purchase and just wait for the key to head your way, like steam.

Yeah, I agree.

Last time they ran out of Paradox keys during one of these sales the bundle went into limbo like that and never came back, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Hey Tony, is there going to be a deal on NBA 2k13 coming up? The season's almost over and it's still $30.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I asked the reps about the ridiculous price on the Dungeon Siege pack and they said it's set by the publisher so blame Square-Enix for wanting $30 for a loving 10 year old game.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

AlmightyBob posted:

I asked the reps about the ridiculous price on the Dungeon Siege pack and they said it's set by the publisher so blame Square-Enix for wanting $30 for a loving 10 year old game.

That's silly, the complete pack with 1, 2, and 3 is only $20 on Steam regularly, and goes on sale for $10 once in a while. Plus they finally added the option to buy them individually.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey everyone,

A few updates:

1. Still waiting to hear back on Dark Souls, it is definitely the best selling thing in the sale (even after being off sale for a couple of days). I will update when I know more.
2. As for questions regarding what does or doesn't activate on Steam, there should be a DRM display on the page you are looking at towards the top, next to the ESRB rating
3. We're launching an indie store in a couple of weeks and I'd love your input, see story time below.

Story time.

As I've stated before, we've got an Indie store launching in a couple of weeks. ONE of the things we'll be doing is creating $9.99 indie bundles with either 5 or 10 games each in them.

Rather than assume I'm a genius who knows what you guys want, I'd rather provide you with a list of games that are currently candidates for the 5 or 10 game bundles and let you all make suggestions.

A couple of notes:

1. Amazon is collecting $0 for each on of these bundles sold, 100% of the revenue generated from them will go to the developers (in a 5 game bundle each dev gets $2 per sale per game they have in the bundle, in a 10 game bundle, $1 per game per sale).

2. The developers have chosen whether they want to be in a 5 or 10 game bundle, so there isn't an opportunity to move a game from the 5 game list into the 10.

5-Game Bundle Games:

Party of Sin

Sol Survivor

Little Inferno

Doom and Destiny

Real Heroes: Firefighter

Astroloco: Worst Contact

Cloudphobia
Flying Red Barrel
SUGURI
Acceleration of SUGURI
QLIONE

Salvation Prophecy: A Military Space Epic

Galaxy on Fire 2 HD

Strike Suit Zero

10-Game Bundle Games:

Miner Warfare

Dead Pixel

The Adventures of Shuggy

Mutant Mudds

Afterfall InSanity Complete Edition

Tower of Elements

Syder Arcade

God of Blades

SCHAR: Blue Shield Alliance Special Edition

Omegalon

Major Mayhem

Triple Town

Garshasp: The Monster Slayer

Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon

Tower Wars

Cell HD: Emergence (Desura Key)

Primal Fears

Derrick the Deathfin

Potatoman Seeks the Troof

Depth Hunter

Drip Drip

Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate

Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood

Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre

Cabby Gils

Shatter

War of the Human Tanks

Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers

Guns of Icarus Online

Astroloco: Worst Contact

Jones On Fire

Blockland

Dynasty of Dusk

Amelia vs. the Marathon

AirBuccaneers

Miner Wars 2081

Miner Wars Arena -PC

SpaceChem

Space Pirates and Zombies

iBomber Attack

iBomber Defense

iBomber Defense Pacific

Storm in a Teacup

Numba

Cobi Treasure Deluxe

Laxius Force

Millennium: A New Hope

Dreamscape

3 Stars of Destiny

Stealth Bastard Deluxe

Stealth Bastard Deluxe: The Teleporter Chambers

Unity of Command

Ticket to Ride

The Asskickers

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

AmazonTony posted:

10-Game Bundle Games:
Jones On Fire
This has to be on it, obviously :)

Sorry to bug, but any updates on the Crusader Kings Pack's availability?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I'd really like to see Shuggy and the Stealth Bastard Deluxe games. Let us know what you decide :)

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Wow, some great games in there that we haven't seen in Indie bundles before.

For the Ten-game bundle, these should definitely be included:

Guns of Icarus Online
Ticket to Ride
Spacechem
War of the Human Tanks
Air Buccaneers
Miner Wars 2081

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Just to be clear, we're going to have multiple 10 and 5 game bundles so keep the suggestions coming but don't feel like you have to limit yourselves to one suggestion!

Thanks guys, this is super valuable.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
drat those are gonna be kickin' bundles.

Really want to see Triple Town in one. Also Little Inferno is a steal in a 5 for 10 deal.

As for how to organize them, trying to group them by genre as much as possible would probably make the most sense? No one is gonna super want all the games in any one bundle, but if you like one game in a genre chances are you'd be happy to get more.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

When I get the Humble Bundles, the major thing that I look at, if I've never heard of the game, is videos of gameplay and then what people have to say about the game. Usually that's video on its own site, and then see what people on this site have. I know there are reviews on Amazon, so those would have to be pretty prominent for each game, and then I know some products on Amazon have videos in the "More Images" section, so hopefully these games will have those too.

Then it's just a matter of the games looking good or not.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

There's a lot of stuff in there I've never heard of but I'd be excited for Little Inferno, Stealth Bastard, and Ticket to Ride.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

AmazonTony posted:

5-Game Bundle Games:
Strike Suit Zero

10-Game Bundle Games:
Dead Pixel
Shatter
SpaceChem
Ticket to Ride

These are easily the best games in the bundles!

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Tony: is there any possibility of a "make your own bundle", perhaps at a higher price point, even?

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

5-Game Bundle Games:

Party of Sin
Sol Survivor
Little Inferno
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
Strike Suit Zero

10-Game Bundle Games:

The Adventures of Shuggy
Tower Wars
Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers
Guns of Icarus Online
Blockland
AirBuccaneers
Miner Wars 2081
SpaceChem
Unity of Command
Ticket to Ride

These are my picks, with Little Inferno, Strike Suit Zero, Shuggy, SpaceChem, Unity of Command, and Ticket being the best out of the picks for me.

You rock Tony.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
For the 5 game bundle I'd probably buy a bundle of
Strike Suit Zero
Little Inferno
Galaxy on Fire 2

+ whatever

As for the 10 bundle
Triple Town
Tower Wars
Tiny & Big
Dead Pixel

I've not heard of most of these or already own them.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Agreeing with the above poster about making our own bundle of sets of 5 or 10, because 75% of those games I already own, like most people do, so the bundles will hardly be worth it for a lot of people. Steam does indie bundles too sometimes and they are by far the worst bundles I've ever seen, even if the games are decent, just because those games have been featured in many indie bundle before it, so 10 games for 20 bucks when you already own 6 of them hardly make it a worth while deal. Just my 2 cents.

• Locked thread