Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I just jumped out of my chair for that WinRich match. Not only is it good to see new people coming up but I hate Phoenix teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Is there really any reason to play Phoenix instead of Vergil? They seem to reverse OCV teams about equally well, but you don't have to sit on your meter. I really don't understand.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

habanero walrus posted:

They seem to reverse OCV teams about equally well, but you don't have to sit on your meter.

Erm...

No? This isn't really true at all.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

habanero walrus posted:

Is there really any reason to play Phoenix instead of Vergil? They seem to reverse OCV teams about equally well, but you don't have to sit on your meter. I really don't understand.

Dark Phoenix >> Dark Vergil - the amount of free, safe pressure a Dark Phoenix can apply makes Vergil swords looks tame (even if crowning is the answer to Phoenix).

That said though I agree that Vergil is way way more practical - a lot of people snap him in but it's not like a Phoenix snap-in. Meter steal tech just gimps Vergil instead of essentially killing him etc. A good Vergil team will still intentionally try to conserve meter / go for TAC infinites though.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Why's there Marvel on the teamsp00ky stream right now, the schedule someone posted earlier said they should be showing the Persona finals? Did they change the schedule around on there?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Looking at http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...ortiz-and-more/ , they already finished P4A.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Super Rad posted:

Dark Phoenix >> Dark Vergil - the amount of free, safe pressure a Dark Phoenix can apply makes Vergil swords looks tame (even if crowning is the answer to Phoenix).

That said though I agree that Vergil is way way more practical - a lot of people snap him in but it's not like a Phoenix snap-in. Meter steal tech just gimps Vergil instead of essentially killing him etc. A good Vergil team will still intentionally try to conserve meter / go for TAC infinites though.

Vergil is better than Dark Phoenix.

The big difference is that Dark Phoenix comes out when regular Phoenix dies, which lets her get into the game somewhat freely on incoming.

Otherwise, Vergil is better in every way. You can't random super Vergil and pressing buttons on him is actually more dangerous than pressing buttons on Dark Phoenix.

It's also way harder to run from him, and his pressure/mixups are absurdly safer and harder to XF punish. He also is more effective and dangerous outside of XF3 due to his only real strong requirement to being a major threat being meter and the completely free offense he gets with one meter.

edit: Also there's a million ways to counter Dark Phoenix coming out and Vergil shits on Dark Phoenix. There's very little reason to not put him on your team in the same way it was with Vanilla Phoenix, except he actually provides far more to a team than her when he's not on point.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 19, 2013

Neenski
Apr 22, 2006
Wow, who would have guessed a Viper mirror match could be so drat hype.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
GRIDMAN GETTIN SICK WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Ski is going to hyperventilate.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super Rad posted:

You say that until you watch Chris G do spiral swords -> round trip glitch -> doom missiles on repeat for 30 seconds because you can't get out of it

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
Moons' Modok ist just too good, unfortunately couldn't save him the belt.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
GRIDMANNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
What's this about Rog retiring from Marvel?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
He posted a tweet about retiring because he was tired of dropping combos or something. Didn't take a look to see if it was serious or not, though.

Anyway, who cares? Get hype for Gridman to lose to Justin 1-3! :woop:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Ryuga Death posted:

What's this about Rog retiring from Marvel?

He tweeted that after Evo he's not playing marvel 3 anymore. It was in the midst of a salty moment though so i doubt he'll follow through.

Neenski
Apr 22, 2006
Oh poo poo, for a second I thought there would be a T-Hawk in a grand finals.

OH poo poo, SPOKE TOO SOON

Neenski fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 20, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AnonSpore posted:

He posted a tweet about retiring because he was tired of dropping combos or something. Didn't take a look to see if it was serious or not, though.

Anyway, who cares? Get hype for Gridman to lose to Justin 1-3! :woop:

1-3 is generous.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tae posted:

1-3 is generous.

Hope springs eternal. :v:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
What accent was that supposed to be?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Oh boy, a tablet fighter, just what I never wanted. :suicide:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

HoneyBoy posted:

It's the first TRUE competitive fighter for a tablet.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HoneyBoy posted:

The hero the competitive scene needs.

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

Holy poo poo that accent and first true competitive fighting game for tablets

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
http://destinybit.com/

"THE EVENTS OF YOUR LIFE LED YOU HERE TODAY"

Neenski
Apr 22, 2006
How are you going to sell joysticks for a tablet based fighting game?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I knew a woman who talked like that during gradschool. A lot of people thought she was kidding around when she talked. I remember thinking that it I ever met another person who did I would be flat out shocked.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
That portable version of SF4 is pretty hilarious. Guile is top tier because you don't have to charge for Sonic Booms - you just get a Sonic Boom button.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Neenski posted:

How are you going to sell joysticks for a tablet based fighting game?

You... don't? I mean one of the few talking points he had about it specifically said "revolutionize tablet controls" or something similar, there will be no peripheral devices for controls.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That trailer was uh, something that's for sure. Also Smash Bros gonna be included, hopefully some good gamers.txt comes out of that. :v:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm sure it wasn't sp00ky himself, but it was still funny.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Art is really obvious about his Injustice push/Marvel hate

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The look on yipes' face just now after Neo's investment talk was amazing

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Michael Mendoza wants to gently caress a succubus.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Plot twist: ChrisG loses.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Tae posted:

Plot twist: ChrisG loses.

Spoiler - ChrisG 6-0 Grand Finals

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I maintain that Flocker reminds me of Chief Tyrell from BSG, so it makes me smile to see him win. It also makes me smile to see anybody beat ChrisG.

edit:

MadHat posted:

Spoiler - ChrisG 6-0 Grand Finals

why you gotta break my heart :sigh:

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Coca Koala posted:

I maintain that Flocker reminds me of Chief Tyrell from BSG, so it makes me smile to see him win. It also makes me smile to see anybody beat ChrisG.

edit:

why you gotta break my heart :sigh:

Just being realistic!

Justin Wong ladies and gentlemen.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Champ has never looked so free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Wow, Wong just wiped the floor with fchamp.