Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

The Fibber can be a pretty good gun if you're lucky and get one of the variants that's not too hard to aim and also gives an insane bonus to crits.

And the 873 gun is funny for 30 seconds and then kind of annoying to use. The reward from Demon Hunter is the best sniper rifle in the base game but it tends to spawn with only iron sights.

The Buffalo can only spawn with iron sights, and the whole best sniper in the base game turned out to be not true. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LjTTclp2E4

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I've done all of these already. I did them the moment they popped up because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. I can't re-do them for level appropriate stuff, can I?

Can I go back though and kill the assassins again? Will they drop level 30-ish gear?

And the Bandit Slaughter Dome assault rifle is impossible to use unless I'm shooting a giant thrasher or a constructor or something.

Sucks about the missions, the assassins I believe scale up to 26 in NVHM. You can grind them as many times as you want, you just have to save and quit and restart the server after killing them to reset them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

jackofarcades posted:

Here's spunky, who you might know as the Brick master from BL1, using a Bloodlust/Mania set to death metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNGpwlp4V4

THIS! This is the kind of poo poo why I wanted to play Krieg! :black101:

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

Anyone on 360 have a level 50 infinity they feel like duping for me? I want to powerlevel my krieg with the rakks in the warrior's vault, but it's a complete hassle with the infinite ammo glitch fixed. I can throw some 61 pearlescents your way if you want.

GT - Pineapple Hat

Gonna be around for the next few hours.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I've been playing Krieg and having fun trying out the trees, but I was wondering if he'll (re)ignite himself for the hellborn tree every time he renews a dot, or if it's only on starting a new dot.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

THIS! This is the kind of poo poo why I wanted to play Krieg! :black101:

Hell, even before you hit 26 you can do stuff like that. Your range sucks, but you can chop people IN THE FACE.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Well I Finally beat Bloodwing in UVHM with the help of an under leveled Krieg played by Marogareh, Super Badass Constructers can burn in hell as well, it took us nearly 10 minutes to kill the one that blocks the way before Bunker.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There's still the one at the end of hero's pass to look forward to. Those two places are the absolute worst part of UVHM.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Marogareh posted:

There's still the one at the end of hero's pass to look forward to. Those two places are the absolute worst part of UVHM.

Except you can run right past the one in Hero's Pass.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Judge Tesla posted:

Well I Finally beat Bloodwing in UVHM with the help of an under leveled Krieg played by Marogareh, Super Badass Constructers can burn in hell as well, it took us nearly 10 minutes to kill the one that blocks the way before Bunker.

There's always the patented "hide behind the wall and snipe the constructor in the eye with a corrosive sniper rifle" tactic. It gets me through that Super Badass Constructor... because gently caress Super Badass Constructors.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Speaking of Constructors, was just about to give up on my Anarchy-speced Mechromancer in a return to my more team-friendly BFF speced one when I came across that Badass Constructor just ahead of Bunker on TVHM. One clip of 302k corrosive rocket launcher hits later :stare:

I think I'll keep her specced that way. Even though I've never gone over a 50 stack.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

Marogareh posted:

Once you get to hero's pass, quit and drop back to normal. Then run through to the warrior, quit out and go back to UVHM. You have now skipped one of the most annoying places in UVHM! :D

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Had a heavy nomad use a goddamn norfleet on me today. :stare: I thought it was a normal pbfg until I stood back and watched him fire. Honestly had no idea heavy nomads could spawn with those. (He didn't drop it either :negative:)

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I tried the hellborn tree now that I'm 61 and it's insane with a firehawk shield and incendiary butcher. Krieg starts off pretty meh but once he gets enough levels he's a monster.

HapXL
Mar 16, 2005
Is there a list of what does what on guns like there was for BL1? I just got a pistol witha great zoom that burns and if I shoot then zoom in I can guide the bullet around stuff by moving my zoomed view. I want to know what is doin that so I can save these guns like lovable children.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

HapXL posted:

Is there a list of what does what on guns like there was for BL1? I just got a pistol witha great zoom that burns and if I shoot then zoom in I can guide the bullet around stuff by moving my zoomed view. I want to know what is doin that so I can save these guns like lovable children.
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Borderlands_2

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Something I dislike a lot about UVHM is how easy it is for a single shot to blow all my shields and most of my health away, the Pirates in Scarlet's DLC are the worst about this, I have no issues killing them as a Lv 60 Siren since everything in range gets auto-slagged when I Phaselock something, its just annoying being one shotted on a frequent basis.

On the other hand, I love how a lot of fights become literal fights to the death now, Sawtooth Cauldron was the best for me, having whole groups of bandits yanked into the same spot thanks to my Phaselock pulling them all over was awesome.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I'm bummed Krieg doesn't have a Handsome Jack voice. I could have sworn Gaige did.

Judge: If you want my level 61 Cat mod I'm more than happy to dupe it. 99% SMG damage increase helps huge in UVHM.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gaige definitely does, but that's a real bummer about Krieg.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Speedboat Jones posted:

Gaige definitely does, but that's a real bummer about Krieg.

I was with Marogareh during the voice change section and his Krieg went from roaring like a maniac to dead silent until after we beat Bunker.

Kifisonfire: Thanks for the offer but I mainly use Assault Rifles and Snipers in UVHM, right now I have 2 Vladov E-Tech ones, one fire, one shock.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Yeah but Krieg occasionally has a super sexy voice. I've heard it twice now. I didn't realise it was him at first.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Emily A. Stanton posted:

Yeah but Krieg occasionally has a super sexy voice. I've heard it twice now. I didn't realise it was him at first.
Do you mean his 'inner voice?' The one who tells him to use restraint, threatens him with suicide if he kills an innocent, tells him to say 'Thank you' when getting a revive?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

There's a good idle conversation between his inner voice and regular voice about only killing the deserving. Krieg owns. I wish they'd add backstory to him and Gaige into the DLCs, even if it's just another echo challenge.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kifisonfire posted:

There's a good idle conversation between his inner voice and regular voice about only killing the deserving. Krieg owns. I wish they'd add backstory to him and Gaige into the DLCs, even if it's just another echo challenge.

Krieg has a line about a girl escaping or something. What if Krieg is Gaige's dad??? :tinfoil:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Reiley posted:

Krieg has a line about a girl escaping or something. What if Krieg is Gaige's dad??? :tinfoil:
Sounds more like Tiny Tina's dad to me. He was Hyperion property after all.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
Fleshstick killed Tiny Tina's parents. I'd definitely like more backstory though. Like how a Psycho ended up being a vault hunter in the first place.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kifisonfire posted:

Sounds more like Tiny Tina's dad to me. He was Hyperion property after all.

I so want this to be true.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

delpheye posted:

Fleshstick killed Tiny Tina's parents. I'd definitely like more backstory though. Like how a Psycho ended up being a vault hunter in the first place.

Nah he handed her and her family in to Hyperion, you hear them being experimented on in Echo recorders in one of the Wildlife Preserve sidequests and the scientist doing the experiment mentions that they got the specimens from Fleshstick.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

delpheye posted:

I thought Fleshstick sold Tina's parents to Hyperion and they died in slag experiments. That's what it sounded like to me from the logs you pick up in the exploitation preserve, anyway.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

Technically Hyperion were the ones who killed her parents. Fleshstick captured them along with Tina and handed them over to Hyperion.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I figure that it would be totally possible that Tina's mom died, but her dad was taken in for experiments that caused him to become Krieg. :black101:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

You're all big dopes, Krieg is clearly Claptrap in a man suit. It makes perfect sense becau

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Speedboat Jones posted:

I figure that it would be totally possible that Tina's mom died, but her dad was taken in for experiments that caused him to become Krieg. :black101:

This has been my view of it. Would be interesting.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

You're all big dopes, Krieg is clearly Claptrap in a man suit. It makes perfect sense becau

It could also be that Robot who wants to be Human in the Eridium Blight.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Kifisonfire posted:

I'm pretty sure they have mentioned making a short movie about Krieg's backstory.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've never gotten so many E Tech guns before I had UVHM, now I'm drowning in them, I found 3 in the Leviathan treasure room and another, a Shock SMG one in a random chest in Wurmwater, and all of them are awesome.

Unfortunately I received a Corrosive Pimpernel as a quest reward, so while I can vaporize robots in seconds, everything else, not so much, on the other hand, I got a Shock Lil Evie and a Fire Rubi, which are now my main guns.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Oh yeah that reminds me. I killed a LWT Loader the other day and got 2 blues and an E-Tech blaster. I've never seen anything higher than greens in them before. Can't wait to get Krieg to 61, gonna have some fun messing with his skill trees I think.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Made it to 33 with my Kreig after my friend started a new Mechromancer while I was at level 32, and he went from 1 - 21 in about two hours. I was waltzing through every last enemy and, while I was only getting 1xp, I think this was the way to play Krieg. I unequipped all weapons, so I could only use melee. I had the middle tree completed, so I never used the buzz-axe rampage unless I was knocked below 33% health - which was very rarely.
Highlights include:
* I wiped out Flynt from his tower
* I took out Bloodwing in three axe tosses, each one changing his form [the skill ran out at the last form so I cheated and used a rocket]
* I killed a super badass psycho with a single stick of dynamite
* I ran through the Roland rescue (which one?) and took out the constructor with two swings of the buzz axe. No rampage, just melee damage.

Find a pubbie game that's hilariously below your level, jump in and massacre everything for them. If you aren't 61 yet, this will be the most fun you can have with Krieg until then.

EDIT: Does anyone have a proven good shield for Krieg that is below level 50? I need something with stability to farm Torgue tokens this week.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 20, 2013

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Kifisonfire posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me. I killed a LWT Loader the other day and got 2 blues and an E-Tech blaster. I've never seen anything higher than greens in them before. Can't wait to get Krieg to 61, gonna have some fun messing with his skill trees I think.

My wife's going Hellborn and she's been having goddamn ridiculous luck. First she finds a Maliwan flame railgun in a random chest, then she gets Hellfire off of Scorch, then she finds an e-tech Bandit flame machine gun in another chest, then she gets a goddamn insane incendiary MIRV grenade mod. Between that, a really good flame shotgun from Moxxi after the safe quest, and the Firehawk shield, she's been absolutely annihilating everything by pointing in the general direction of the enemy and pushing the Make People Be On Fire button.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

Jake Blues posted:

EDIT: Does anyone have a proven good shield for Krieg that is below level 50? I need something with stability to farm Torgue tokens this week.

I'm only level 25 but I've found the Love Thumper to be the best shield ever. Since it deals explosive damage and you're in the middle tree so your damage is probably buffed a bit. I think it could wipe out the bar pretty quick. And your melee damage would be constantly buffed.

Although I'm currently using Law and Order but havn't fully tested it out yet. That could be another option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Non-rare shields that seem to be good for a Mania Krieg are things like nova shields and spike shields--y'know, things that blow up once his shields are gone.

• Locked thread