Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Hakarne posted:

It just boggles my mind that their big F2P model is designed around pissing you off and irritating you, especially if you've played previously. My "return" lasted all of 5 minutes, so good job on your business model!

Great job! Thanks for coming in here and posting this to all of us who are having a pretty decent time playing the game! It will surely have a lasting effect on the direction the studio is taking things!

Maybe we can have something added to the OP saying "If the sole reason you're posting in this thread is to complain about how terrible the free game that you aren't paying anything for is, just don't bother."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Nipponophile posted:

Great job! Thanks for coming in here and posting this to all of us who are having a pretty decent time playing the game! It will surely have a lasting effect on the direction the studio is taking things!

Maybe we can have something added to the OP saying "If the sole reason you're posting in this thread is to complain about how terrible the free game that you aren't paying anything for is, just don't bother."

Yeah sorry, I forgot to ask my question after I got done writing my rant. I just wanted to know if it was a bad first impression or if that's pretty much the way the entire F2P model is. I wanted to know if it was worth diving in deeper or if my first impression was actually correct. The only other F2P I know of is GW2, and I was just trying to get oriented to TOR's "unique" take on it. I said come in! seemed to divine my intentions without me asking the question, so thanks for the reply.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 20, 2013

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did the credits over that amount not show up in escrow? Look in the currencies tab.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hakarne posted:

Yeah sorry, I forgot to ask my question after I got done writing my rant. I just wanted to know if it was a bad first impression or if that's pretty much the way the entire F2P model is. I said come in! seemed to divine my intentions without me asking the question, so thanks for the reply.

The credit limit is the only legitimately bad thing in my opinion. You can still play the game to 50 without paying pretty easily, just leveling about 10% slower than a subscriber.

As a subscriber though, I'm level 29 and just hitting Tattooine - a level 24-26 planet, so leveling slower is not that bad.\

Also it takes longer to get a mount? But I always forget I have one and run anyways, so that's not a big loss to me.

Edit 1: Also, as above, all credits above the limit go into 'Escrow', which you receive in full if you ever resub, and from which credits can be grabbed using "Escrow Withdrawal' grants that can normally be bought on the GTN for pretty cheap (a 50k withdrawal for 5k credits, etc)

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Hakarne posted:

So I thought I'd come back and check out the game again. I left right before they went F2P, and holy poo poo their model is insulting. I should have known coming back to this game would be painful when the first thing I see after logging in is a loving table showing the 20+ variations between a paying and preferred account. I logged back in on my agent and saw he had his headgear showing, and the option to hide it is disabled until I get a subscription? :rolleyes: That's pretty drat ridiculous, but whatever it's not exactly game changing.

Then I open my inventory. I had a bunch of cash saved up on my character (I don't remember exactly how much), but now I'm down to the capped 350,000 for untermensch preferred players. Ignoring what I think about capping how much currency you can have on their F2P model, why the gently caress would you take away cash from people you want to return to your game? I guess I should be happy, because at least they were up front about how much they want to dick you over until you pay them a sub fee. It just boggles my mind that their big F2P model is designed around pissing you off and irritating you, especially if you've played previously. My "return" lasted all of 5 minutes, so good job on your business model!

Edit: I guess my question is, did I just get a really bad first impression or is everything else with the game going to be a lesson in frustration if I attempt to play without a sub fee?

vv It's hard to even look at it like that when they straight-up destroyed currency because I didn't have a sub when they established their credit limit. Thanks for the feedback though, good to know!

I mean all that to say this issue was early adopters of the game who played left them searching for a new business model when they all peaced.

As for their business model agree or not its working hella well, it has raised their revenue on this game immensely. Not to mention the huge increase in players, and there are rising sub numbers to since.

To address your question though, they will screw you to your last dime without a sub. It's only really ok if you don't play WZ and FP's much. If you have a level 50 you can largely make credits and pay for the upgrades you need, but it will be a grind, and isn't all that fun.

Edit: it's like 9 million people posted before I finished mine. Geez.

Also, I understand some of your grievances and I can't go as hard on this dude because he bought the game. So for him it's not really free.

Team THEOLOGY fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 20, 2013

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Some pubbie in general recently mentioned that the Jedi Knight storyline was pretty much KotOR 3. Is there any truth to this?

Also, in the last thread, someone mentioned there was a way to level alts using only story quests? How would I go about doing this? I want to level an alt, but the thought of repeating all those "turn in 10 boar asses" quests isn't too appealing.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Haerc posted:

Some pubbie in general recently mentioned that the Jedi Knight storyline was pretty much KotOR 3. Is there any truth to this?

Also, in the last thread, someone mentioned there was a way to level alts using only story quests? How would I go about doing this? I want to level an alt, but the thought of repeating all those "turn in 10 boar asses" quests isn't too appealing.

Run your PVP-FP dailies and a few heroics and you'll never need to turn in boar asses again!

DrinkMoreBeer
Jan 23, 2006

by toby

Rookersh posted:

You can be remarkably uncaring about how things are going in this game, and still get a free pass.

e: I mean, I'll have to shape up if I want to do 55/HMs/Ops I assume, but until that point it doesn't seem very challenging.

I'm level 30 on Alderaan so far and TOR is by far the easiest least challenging MMO I've ever played. However, I am getting some joyful glee playing a dark side Sith Marauder and slaughtering the living gently caress out of everything in sight.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Hakarne posted:

Yeah sorry, I forgot to ask my question after I got done writing my rant. I just wanted to know if it was a bad first impression or if that's pretty much the way the entire F2P model is. I wanted to know if it was worth diving in deeper or if my first impression was actually correct. The only other F2P I know of is GW2, and I was just trying to get oriented to TOR's "unique" take on it. I said come in! seemed to divine my intentions without me asking the question, so thanks for the reply.
TOR is arguably unusually harsh on non-paying players, although it should be mentioned that a lot of those bothersome limitations can be lifted by spending some money on unlocks in the Cartel Market. I think it's only economical if you plan on playing a lot while never subscribing, though. TOR has the same effect on me as the now-defunct City of Heroes, which is the only other F2P MMO that I've any experience with. Like TOR, CoH imposed a number of similar restrictions that just made me think "to hell with it, might as well subscribe for a month again".

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Hakarne posted:

I honestly completely understand the shock at being strong-armed to subscribe.

The main plus side is that almost all of the restrictions can be purchased off of the GTN and that a lot of people's F2P are being funded by active subscribers/people with more money than time.

The credit cap will also be able to be gone over (by a set amount of credits) with a Cartel Market microtransaction (and would be available on the GTN as well.)

F2P isn't "free" as in buy once, get the entire experience. It's more don't buy the box, most restrictions can be unlocked with a time grind.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I was in a 55 warzone (my first as a fresh 55 BH Merc) and someone whispered me that I should respec to DPS. I'm currently specced in heals and, I thought, was doing ok. Came in 1st for heals on my team and 2nd overall. Might have been good old-fashioned trolling on this guy's part but it got me thinking: are Merc BH inefficient PvP healers compared to Ops/Smuggs and Sages/Inqs?

I do notice that when a really good Ops/smugg healer is on they have crazy numbers and don't ever seem to run out of steam and heat management is a bit tricky for me if I'm sole healer. I've leveled almost exclusively from PvE and was doing ok healing but PvP healing is a bit more hectic. Any tips from other mercs?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hulk Smash! posted:

I was in a 55 warzone (my first as a fresh 55 BH Merc) and someone whispered me that I should respec to DPS. I'm currently specced in heals and, I thought, was doing ok. Came in 1st for heals on my team and 2nd overall. Might have been good old-fashioned trolling on this guy's part but it got me thinking: are Merc BH inefficient PvP healers compared to Ops/Smuggs and Sages/Inqs?

I do notice that when a really good Ops/smugg healer is on they have crazy numbers and don't ever seem to run out of steam and heat management is a bit tricky for me if I'm sole healer. I've leveled almost exclusively from PvE and was doing ok healing but PvP healing is a bit more hectic. Any tips from other mercs?

Ops/Scoundrel PVP healing is second to none, but I think Mercs can really do some work too. Sorcs always have huge numbers, but I don't trust them because a lot of the time they're just throwing down puddles and healing everyone, rather than focusing when needed. Ops/Scoundrels just have too many instant casts and heals over time that it's hard to top it. They have a low, instant cast heal that when used on someone with < 30% health, is completely free. Which means I can keep someone at about 30% indefinitely, as long as the DPS isn't crazy.

Merc healing in PVP is going to require you to be constantly shooting green bullets at people and keeping your supercharged gas going, using Kolto cloud to heal (as well as snare enemies), and liberally using your cooldowns to make your big heal instant cast and free of heat.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Hulk Smash! posted:

Good Commando/Merc healers are rare, but when I see one on the other team I groan because I know they're going to be a pain in the rear end to kill. Almost certainly the most "tanky" healing class.

As for Vanguard DPS specs from a few pages back, while I loved Tactics while leveling, I just don't see how it's viable for endgame. Almost all bosses require constant movement if you're melee, so it's often a matter of choosing to finish the Pulse Cannon channel and take a ton of damage or move and lose out on a ton of DPS.

I currently do 7/11/28, throwing Gut into the rotation. Can't say for sure it's the best, but been doing well enough with it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just picked up the game again reactivating my level 40 sorc. The one thing that surprises me is how well the engine works on not-poo poo hardware after years of playing World of Warcraft and banging my head against the wall at how the upgrades don't do dick for fps.

Lookin forward to playing with goons when the server transfers come up. I'm on The Bastion and I think there's like 20 people period on this server.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

vyst posted:

I just picked up the game again reactivating my level 40 sorc. The one thing that surprises me is how well the engine works on not-poo poo hardware after years of playing World of Warcraft and banging my head against the wall at how the upgrades don't do dick for fps.

Lookin forward to playing with goons when the server transfers come up. I'm on The Bastion and I think there's like 20 people period on this server.

It use to be terrible on even high end hardware. SWTOR at launch was awful for most people. Terrible frame rate, and very long load times.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
I'm trying this game out again after having played it on release where it bugged the gently caress out for me. I didn't really get anything from the game because I had huge FPS drops and severe lag even though my connection and my graphics card/drivers were quite good.
Anyways, I'm playing it again and I've picked Sith Warrior because that's the class I tried playing last time. I have a little left before level 10, but I'm not sure if to pick juggernaut or marauder. If I pick Juggernaut, will I still be able to do DPS if that's what I want or am I forever stuck with tanking? And will a Juggernaut do good in PvP, or should I pick a marauder if I want to do that?

Talking about PvP, is this game still a horribly unbalanced mess? I remember Empire being overcrowded of Sith Inquisitors because of that overpowered Force Lightning ability at release.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

Stalins Moustache posted:

I'm trying this game out again after having played it on release where it bugged the gently caress out for me. I didn't really get anything from the game because I had huge FPS drops and severe lag even though my connection and my graphics card/drivers were quite good.
Anyways, I'm playing it again and I've picked Sith Warrior because that's the class I tried playing last time. I have a little left before level 10, but I'm not sure if to pick juggernaut or marauder. If I pick Juggernaut, will I still be able to do DPS if that's what I want or am I forever stuck with tanking? And will a Juggernaut do good in PvP, or should I pick a marauder if I want to do that?

Talking about PvP, is this game still a horribly unbalanced mess? I remember Empire being overcrowded of Sith Inquisitors because of that overpowered Force Lightning ability at release.

No MMO will ever be truly balanced, with that said Sorc's were heavily nerfed in 1.2. They are pretty good again in 2.0 with middle tree burst but they are not basically the only class being played like how it was in the beginning of the game. Knights/Warriors and Gunslingers/Snipers are top dogs for DPS currently and Operative/Scoundrels for the healing side of things. I think PvP feels pretty good currently even if Bolster is still kinda jacked with PvE implants only causing you to lose 4 expertise but gain a poo poo ton of stats.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Not to mention that class balance is largely irrelevant when the matchmaker can still put you on a team with no healers versus a team with three or four. You know what's not fun? A match with 250k damage and 3 kills.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Juggernaut has a DPS tree available, but they're less good at DPS then say a Marauder, who is completely about the DPS. Marauders are top tier melee DPS, but you probably end up being more durable than Marauders since they get things like Endure Pain and wear heavy armor. (An example build: http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-warrior/juggernaut/vengeance/talent-build)

I've gotten a Juggernaut tank to 50 and honestly since you get a DPS companion first and a healer second, it works well. Leveling as a tank can be slow, but tanks pop group finder queues pretty quickly. It honestly depends on what you want to do- do you want to beat the poo poo out of people or stand around soaking damage up?

(That all being said, I'm going to respec to a DPS for my guild so that I can be more helpful.)

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Nevermind this.

Stalins Moustache fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 20, 2013

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Jugg DPS is great in PVP, and now with the buffed Vigilance tree (whatever the Jugg equiv of that is) should be fine in PVE as well.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.
I'd love to heal in PvP... but pubs have never, and will never, figure out that you need to protect your healers. I'd much rather stealth around, shiv a guy here, flash grenade a pack there, and cause chaos allowing us to cap/grab the ball/etc than get rolled every loving time I try to drop a probe on someone other than myself.

So I've been trying to decide on a main and have most classes to the 20s-30s with a 50 Jugg and a 45 Mar. End game, what's the least turret-y rDPS or if they all are, which is least affected by casting interrupts? It bothers me that I've yet to encounter an MMO that accurately reflects a player's end game role during leveling and I hate gearing a character only to realize I don't like how they play during raids.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Bag of Hamsters posted:

So I've been trying to decide on a main and have most classes to the 20s-30s with a 50 Jugg and a 45 Mar. End game, what's the least turret-y rDPS or if they all are, which is least affected by casting interrupts? It bothers me that I've yet to encounter an MMO that accurately reflects a player's end game role during leveling and I hate gearing a character only to realize I don't like how they play during raids.

You'll still to go to into cover for some things, but my understanding is that Lethality Snipers/DF Slingers are relatively mobile and completely viable. Assault Commandos/Mercs too, but Gunnery definitely outclasses their DPS.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I used to have great fun playing an engineer/lethality hybrid in warzones (probably getting my tree names crossed). Running around like a madman slinging grenades and being a node harrasser resulted in astronomical damage stats and lots of big booms and cackling.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I sort of miss this game and being the horribly evil sith marauder badass that just kills everyone. What's this? Your wife is a traitor to the Empire? Here, let me slaughter her needlessly?

I still recall the best moment of the storyline being on Alderran where Duke Kendoh tries to tell Barus that you betrayed him by not killing Gesselle Organa and then you ruthlessly murder him as his bodyguards stand idly by becaise he was a smug as gently caress NPC who didn't give you the time of day initially I never felt so good killing a stupid NPC.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

kmzh posted:

You'll still to go to into cover for some things, but my understanding is that Lethality Snipers/DF Slingers are relatively mobile and completely viable. Assault Commandos/Mercs too, but Gunnery definitely outclasses their DPS.

Thanks!

Do Snipers still have the issue where Gunslingers simply do more damage due to two weapons vs. one? I'd prefer to play with goons, but all of the IA class dressing bugs me. I realize everyone loves the story and the twists are interesting, but I get really sick of being everyone's chewtoy. I don't want to be bombastically heroic, like with the JK, but getting some credit and having comps that don't want to kill me would be nice.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Thanks!

Do Snipers still have the issue where Gunslingers simply do more damage due to two weapons vs. one? I'd prefer to play with goons, but all of the IA class dressing bugs me. I realize everyone loves the story and the twists are interesting, but I get really sick of being everyone's chewtoy. I don't want to be bombastically heroic, like with the JK, but getting some credit and having comps that don't want to kill me would be nice.
No, gunslingers and snipers do pretty identical damage.

vv
No, offhand armorings do not count toward armor rating.

FaintlyQuaint fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 20, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

FaintlyQuaint posted:

No, gunslingers and snipers do pretty identical damage.

Similarly, I've wondered if Commandos actually get a better overall armor rating because they get to use a generator instead of a 2nd blaster?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

FaintlyQuaint posted:

No, offhand armorings do not count toward armor rating.

Which is IMO weird. Shields are a thing, right? Am I insane?

I guess it simplifies their structure for keeping the basic numbers in line. Though, at that rate, I kind of wish they'd reduce the stats to a quality modifier on a basic percentage a la City of Heroes. The diversity of stats is meaningless considering the fact that most gear is slotted for mods anyway. To a point, even the armor classifications are silly, though at least they serve, somewhat, to identify the class of the person you're dealing with--though they are so ornate and interchangeable now, I think number and type of weapons and power effects are easier to see.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I guess it simplifies their structure for keeping the basic numbers in line. Though, at that rate, I kind of wish they'd reduce the stats to a quality modifier on a basic percentage a la City of Heroes. The diversity of stats is meaningless considering the fact that most gear is slotted for mods anyway. To a point, even the armor classifications are silly, though at least they serve, somewhat, to identify the class of the person you're dealing with--though they are so ornate and interchangeable now, I think number and type of weapons and power effects are easier to see.

How does a shield protect your front and back simultaneously tho?

Shields have their own mechanic, which allows them to block incoming hits on a percentage basis.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

tallian posted:

Because outerspace magicians with laser swords?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Because outerspace magicians with laser swords?

If you have two laser swords, you have the ability to be totally defended, but a shield isn't gonna cover you :v:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I really don't get why people hate the "kill x of y" quests. It's good practice for endgame, you learn your class. Besides, you can just skip them if you hate them.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Shields are a thing, but that's different from Armor, which is determined purely by armorings in the 7 armor pieces (and the armor's Heavy/Medium/Light multiplier).

Offhands are there to provide Force/Tech power (just like mainhands), except for Shields which enable shielding. (They also provide Force/Tech power, but at a lower multiplier compared to Focus/Power Generator/Offhand Weapon.) Shielding works differently from Armoring.

(Also, Commandos can't quip Shields, only Generators.)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

tallian posted:

Shields have their own mechanic, which allows them to block incoming hits on a percentage basis.

Its worse than that they're bubbles like 2 yards away from you.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

tallian posted:

Imagine four bubbles on the edge of a cliff.

Shields work the same way.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I'm stepping on the in-universe terminology.

In other RPGs, a shield usually offers both block and additional armor value. In this game, a 'shield' is this offhand thing that procs a power field thing that does stuff.

I'm just saying, in terms of mechanics, not letting your offhand contribute to your total armor rating seems weird for the characters that use off-hand items.

Most characters have both hands occupied by something weapon-relevant. The one's with a weird abstract secondary thing are the troopers, juggies, and knights. For troopers, all things being equal, I'd like to see them get a 'grenade' object that directly contributes to their grenade related attacks or a 'brass knuckles' kind of thing that contributes to their hth in some way. But for the juggy and the knight, I think the hand-held force shield thing would be cool, and why not let it contribute to armor rating?

To be clear, I'm not saying 'do this now, it's important'. I think the ship sailed on that whole thing. I just find it odd that the conceit of an object you hold that contributes to reducing the damage you take overall wasn't taken to that step. I get that there's a deflection aspect to shielding--and that's fine, but I mean straight mitigation, not a dodge/parry/miss mechanic.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I'm stepping on the in-universe terminology.

In other RPGs, a shield usually offers both block and additional armor value. In this game, a 'shield' is this offhand thing that procs a power field thing that does stuff.

I'm just saying, in terms of mechanics, not letting your offhand contribute to your total armor rating seems weird for the characters that use off-hand items.

Most characters have both hands occupied by something weapon-relevant. The one's with a weird abstract secondary thing are the troopers, juggies, and knights. For troopers, all things being equal, I'd like to see them get a 'grenade' object that directly contributes to their grenade related attacks or a 'brass knuckles' kind of thing that contributes to their hth in some way. But for the juggy and the knight, I think the hand-held force shield thing would be cool, and why not let it contribute to armor rating?

To be clear, I'm not saying 'do this now, it's important'. I think the ship sailed on that whole thing. I just find it odd that the conceit of an object you hold that contributes to reducing the damage you take overall wasn't taken to that step. I get that there's a deflection aspect to shielding--and that's fine, but I mean straight mitigation, not a dodge/parry/miss mechanic.

Um, just think of it like the shields from Dune (or literally any other space sci-fi). Not sure what the big problem is? Shield absorb is the mitigation.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Hakarne posted:

Edit: I guess my question is, did I just get a really bad first impression or is everything else with the game going to be a lesson in frustration if I attempt to play without a sub fee?

vv It's hard to even look at it like that when they straight-up destroyed currency because I didn't have a sub when they established their credit limit. Thanks for the feedback though, good to know!

Their idea of F2P is "make the game as unenjoyable as possible until you spend money on a sub". You have a capped number of times you can do PVP and instances each week as well.

Just a heads up as well, but crafting is literally undoable at the level needed to actually make something useful due to you absolutely having to have a sub to be able to easily get rare mats. This is because you can only have 2 crafting professions as opposed to 3, which means it gets progressively more expensive on some servers as you need rarer and rarer mats as you level up. Biochem is the only one really doable, and even then you're probably better off just buying whatever finished products you need off the market.

Basically, their idea of F2P is to as unsubtly gouge you for as much money as possible. You can mitigate some of this by buying unlocks off the AH, though. If you have capped cash you can easily afford a bunch. Also, if they ever added in a way to remove money from your escrow if your inventory cash was uncapped you should be fairly well off when you get done splurging on re-unlocking old features.

On a side note, outside of the unlocks, I think my favorite lovely cash grab tactic i've seen lately is the expansion pack and how they push it.

I've been getting spammed every zone change by a popup that covers half of the chat box, urging me to buy the pack. This normally wouldn't be that bad, but for some reason clicking the cancel button does not in fact loving cancel it like it should. Instead, it actually forces the even larger screen covering promo of it up instead. You have to use the cancel button in that screen to get rid of it, otherwise it'll just overlay part of your chat window again. And this happens every time I log in or change zones.

The best part is that it misreads my level all the time, and according to the text apparently starts to trigger on hitting level seventeen. The content of the pack is literally post-50. So to buy it then is useless and makes the pop-up itself seem like a shady as gently caress cash grab to lure new players into buying the thing on the assumption that they will be getting fabulous new content by doing so.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it is pretty hilarious in how it apes your average sleazy pop-up on the web.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

There actually is a way to unlock money from your escrow now, I believe, in one-time chunks.

(And yes, these unlocks are also available on the GTN.)

• Locked thread