Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yay, Bane buffs. :D

Oh, and Joker buffs too! They really knew where to focus.

E: Teleports seem to suck a little less now, too!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Eat it, Deathstrokes. :smug:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I do not feel that this was necessary. :mad:

Agreed. All things considered though it's not that much of a nerf considering if the person you're throwing is smart they should probably have clashed before they got thrown in the first place? I guess unless the damage they took from the first or second part of it pushed them over the edge to have enough meter to win said clash. Whatever, it'll probably never come up.

Aquaman took some considerable nerfs which isn't suprising. Deathstroke got nerfed even more than I thought he would.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Changes look good. Nothing huge, just tiny nerfs to really strong guys and some great buffs. Not sure what some of those "normalized damage scaling" combos mean.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
:aaa:

quote:

Fixed an issue where online Hero Cards were not visible if a user had > 30 friends.

That explains why my irl friend was able to view his, yes! Best patch!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Changes look good. Nothing huge, just tiny nerfs to really strong guys and some great buffs. Not sure what some of those "normalized damage scaling" combos mean.

Either some characters took more damage than others from them, or they had improper scaling.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I was hoping for some kind of Harley buff. :(

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Woohoo, no nerfs for Nightwing :toot:

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Yes! No Lex nerfs!

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Just relieved that Killer Frost didn't get any nerfs, would hate to finally have the time to get back into this game and then have her get nerfed for no reason.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Yes! No Lex nerfs!

Lex is a playable character? News to me!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I do not feel that this was necessary. :mad:

-Finally-!

Also...

quote:

Catwoman

Catwoman’s Calico Cut (Forward + 1) attack now hits the opponent Overhead and will hit all opponent hitboxes while they are crouching.

HAHAHA!!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I can tell I'm getting a hate message right now. I'm in the telltale "waiting on the rematch screen" time.

Edit: haha yes! It was "do u have fun spamming"

This was from a person who let me low kick him repeatedly to end the match. That's some classic Mortal Kombat whining.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 21, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

gannyGrabber posted:

-Finally-!

Also...

HAHAHA!!

f1 being an overhead for her now is cool but doesn't really seem like a necessary or huge change to me. It was already good in its capacity as a whiff punisher, and she already had overhead/low mixup with b2 and b1 anyway.

Anyway, my thoughts on characters who I have put in significant time with and their changes:

Bane: Lowering the cooldown on Venom 2 and Venom 3 is not enough. Speeding up the forward dash, however, does help him with his biggest problem, that being getting in around zoning.

Green Lantern: Nothing changed, he's still just his solid self.

Harley: Changing two of her strings that weren't working as intended back to normal (for the worse) stinks but isn't a big deal. She didn't get any buffs, but honestly she might just need more people playing and exploring her before it can be determined whether she needs it. Personally I feel like her overhead needs to be faster, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Superman: I'm guessing "normalizing the damage scaling" on his f2d1 combo means that his corner combos will do less damage, but unless it's a huge change, he's still gonna be a monster in the corner. He's already a monster midscreen, too, so this won't change his game much at all.

As for other characters, the thing with Grundy's chain throws being clashable sorta sucks, but he can still get solid unclashable damage off EX Swamp Hands b3 f3 so it shouldn't hurt him that much. Oh, and addressing Cyborg's potential block infinite by making his air projectiles high seems like a good solution. They'll still be good and annoying but duckable.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 21, 2013

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

This was from a person who let me low kick him repeatedly to end the match. That's some classic Mortal Kombat whining.

Tell him to learn to press down.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Good games with the Xbox Goon Room! Apologies to Andy Elusive for attacking when you weren't moving. :(

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

quote:

Fixed an issue where online Hero Cards were not visible if a user had > 30 friends.

So that's why I never had a problem viewing my Hero Card!

:smith:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I had heard they were going to make supes ice breath -1 on block, kinda disappointed they didn't. Otherwise the changes are mostly minor, which is good. Hopefully they don't feel the need to over-patch the game.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
RIP Cyborg. I hope he can stand on his own merits because I actually liked him in general and it's not like I was doing IANBs much anyways.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
My game keeps locking up at the first loading screen, it just happened recently, any news if the patch is messing things up?
Either way I can exchange it if need be.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Awesome Andy posted:

My game keeps locking up at the first loading screen, it just happened recently, any news if the patch is messing things up?
Either way I can exchange it if need be.

Clear your system cache.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

JackDarko posted:

For Zatanna, the Cartoon thing isn't a valid gauge for judging her popularity considering that's mostly due to Paul Dini having a hard on for the character. So much so, that his wife cosplays as her.

Back in the early 90's, Tiny Toons used to do a couple episodes about Plucky as Batduck. One of the episodes had the other Tiny Toons as Justice League parodies. Even though she had never made a single media appearance outside of comics, there was a Zatanna character in there and all she did was have Hampton freak out over how hot she is.

Years later, I discovered to no surprise that Paul Dini wrote it.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

f1 being an overhead for her now is cool but doesn't really seem like a necessary or huge change to me. It was already good in its capacity as a whiff punisher, and she already had overhead/low mixup with b2 and b1 anyway.

On paper b2 is blockable on reaction. The animation can make things harder to see than they are on paper, but it's entirely possible that people would have learned to block all of her overheads on reaction so giving her a faster one is (potentially) a huge deal in high level play (that doesn't exist yet).

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Can the Daily Challenges be done via the Invite a Friend to Practice? Cause I just tried to land Catwomans super 4 times online via a B3 and it whiffed each time.

Also I swear I've seen the counter go up without actually landing it in multiplayer so IDK wtf is going on.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
So to talk about Green Lantern resets for a minute, I was watching Injustice at ECT this weekend and saw Jailhouse or someone do some neat dashunder setup off of MB lift instead of finishing a combo, and I'm leaning towards the opinion that GL is actually better off going for mixup opportunities at the end of his combos instead of finishing them for a tiny bit more damage.

For example, I can do:

b134xxdb1, 223xxbf1 MB, 223xxdb1.

This gets me 33% for one bar and trait use. If I do bf3 (the turbine) instead of db1 (the lift) after the last 223 I only get 31% damage, but I will also recover from turbine in time to immediately do another b13 or a f2d1. If I do b13 I can cancel into minigun and basically make up for the lost %2 in chip, or get another 10% if it hits since my trait is still active. If you know your opponent is mashing then I guess you can cancel into lift again, but thats risky and will get punished. If you opt to do the f2d1 then the f2 will miss if crouching, but the d1 part is a safe overhead and recovers in time to land a lift on hit confirm for another combo. Probably best to opt for b13 until you can catch people sleeping with f2d1. If the turbine carries you directly to the corner, then you will also be right beside the opponent, and can go for the much better f3 overhead.

If you land a GL BnB midscreen (anything into MB lift, b3, j3, 223xxdb1), you can end with turbine instead of lift and you will go directly to the corner and be setup for a perfectly timed f3 or b13. Putting yourself in the corner is usually ill advised though so I wouldn't go for this every time, though GL can escape the corner against a lot of people with an air turbine.

Any time you can end a combo in a MB lift, or cut a combo short into one, you can actually dash under the opponent and do a meaty mixup. The timing takes a little practice, but is a pretty capable reset since you get to go for either b13 or f3 each time, and landing an f3 means another 35% or another reset. You can do the combo at the top of the post and end in a MB lift, which will make it a 2 bar combo, but it allows for the dashunder mixup. You can also slightly delay your dash to end up on the same side, so it becomes more of a 4-way mixup which will be more useful in longer sets. For an overhead, I can do:

f3, j2, 223xxbf1 mb, 223 lift

for 36%. I can alter than and do

f3, j2, 123xxdb1 mb

for only 27%, but go for the dashup/under mixup, and potentially get a second full combo. If you land a raw b3, you can do

b3, j3, 123xxdb1 mb

for 32% and immediately go for the dash mixup. Lantern's b3 is one of the better ones in the game and is + on block so you have a solid chance at landing this one in a normal game.

I'm sure someone else with a little more time like SN64 can optimize a bit more, but it seems like GL can set up a lot of good opportunities by sacrificing a little damage every now and then. Sorry for the overly long post! I've decided I need to start keeping idea notes to help me remember things and this seems like a good spot.

tl;dr: Basically, any time you might end a combo in lift, you can end in turbine and go for a meaty setup. Any time you can stop a combo that uses mb lift early without losing too much damage, you can go for a dashup/under high/low mixup.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
XBL room up GOONbabys, looking to 1v1.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

XBL room up GOONbabys, looking to 1v1.

Well I'm having a poo poo night. I'm down for some games.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Sorry I had to go, but good games to the xbox goons I played with earlier. Found my least favorite character, Sinestro, to be rather fluid. I think I might pick him up depending on how Batgirl goes.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Fingers McLongDong posted:

tl;dr: Basically, any time you might end a combo in lift, you can end in turbine and go for a meaty setup. Any time you can stop a combo that uses mb lift early without losing too much damage, you can go for a dashup/under high/low mixup.

I actually saw the thing with ending in the bf3 Turbine move on Arturo's stream, and I really like it. You're giving up an untechable knockdown and like 1% damage but also closing the gap and putting the opponent in a visually confusing situation. 223 should be tech rollable on its own, but for some reason the AI doesn't tech roll it when I cancel into bf3 from it, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

In pretty much all cases, GL is in range for b13 or b12 after, so like you said, the main benefit seems to be that ending in Turbine off certain combos can put you in range for f3 to make for a seriously scary mixup. I think it's something you would incorporate into your game but not use every single time.

As for the dash under after db1~MB, I don't like it as much. The reason I don't like it is that, in most combos, the db1~MB is followed by b3 223 XX db1, which is a decent chunk of damage even in long combos. I think you could instead switch between the db1 Lift ender and the bf3 Turbine mixup ender instead, but maybe I'm underrating it.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Yeah regarding the mixup after db1 MB, I found that in a lot of cases I was giving up around 7% damage, which can be a lot. If you do, for example, f3, j2, 223 bf1 mb, 223 db1 mb, then do the mixup, you aren't losing much damage but you are using 2 meters. It's neat in theory but I don't think it's something you should go for every time.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
GGs to everyone in the room. I was really worried that the patch would nerf Doomsday just because people seem to hate him for some reason, so I'm relieved all they're doin is fixing a bug.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

For anyone still awake right now the Batgirl patch is up and you'll get it when you start the game. No Batgirl yet though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

AndyElusive posted:

For anyone still awake right now the Batgirl patch is up and you'll get it when you start the game. No Batgirl yet though.

No patch on PSN yet but that's generally to be expected.

Edit: A week or so ago I made a post about [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3548607&pagenumber=13&perpage=40#post415474829=a few Harley combo enders that left her in solid mixup positions midscreen.[/url] Maybe this next part is already known, but she can has some similar stuff in the corner, too. Her normal corner BnB is:

combo starter XX db3~1 f13 f13 112 12 XX Play Doctor (dbf1)
*Note: If too far from the corner to connect the first f13 but too close to the corner to do a midscreen combo into b3, do a forward jumping j2, then f13 112 12 XX Play Doctor.

This is a solid amount of meterless damage that can be boosted a fair amount if you wish to spend the meter on Play Doctor, and since it's in the corner, Harley stays in the opponent's face ready to harass with b22/f2/neutral j2/forward j2/block/whatever. However, if you want to be even trickier, you can do this:

combo starter XX db3~1 f13 f13 112 XX Silly Slide (bf3)

As discussed before, 112 causes untechable knockdown, so the opponent can't roll it. When 112 XX Silly Slide is done in the corner, Harley either crosses over the opponent or fake crosses over the opponent then appears back on the original side, depending on your timing of canceling into the Silly Slide:

- Immediate cancel: Harley crosses over for real
- Delayed cancel (doing the bf2 after you see the gunshots of the 112 happening): Harley crosses over briefly but returns to the original side

Since Harley briefly crosses over the opponent in both cases, if you then immediately do a neutral jump 2 with her, it will be difficult to impossible for the opponent to tell which side she's actually on, and may even potentially enter their wakeup special backwards if they try for it.

Overall, this particular setup is probably not as useful as the alternate midscreen setups in my previous post, just because the combo into Play Doctor leaves Harley at advantage and in the face of a cornered, forced standing opponent, but knowing and being able to implement more hard to see mixup options like this should still go a long way toward helping Harley score those hits she needs to get rolling.

Edit 2: One last fun thing. If you cancel into Super instead of Play Doctor and they end up in the corner, you can do b121 XX Play Doctor after the super.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 11:32 on May 21, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Valle has Batgirl on his 360, he's streaming him looking through her moveset in training: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Valle has Batgirl on his 360, he's streaming him looking through her moveset in training: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

That bunny hop look so silly :xd:

Alice Liddell
Sep 14, 2004

I want to forget!
Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?
Wow Batgirl has some swag combo's :aaa:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alice Liddell posted:

Wow Batgirl has some swag combo's :aaa:

Unfortunately (or fortunately for everyone else), they don't seem to do much damage. The best I was seeing was 36% for two bars. However, it's possible that the AI is just doing dumb suboptimal stuff and more damage will be found. It's also possible her main damage will come in the corner.

Of course, it could just be that her damage is intentionally low because she has Smoke teleport and solid wakeup specials.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Welp, Joker's buffs look pretty nice and his new skins are rad as hell.

No sign of the Red Son skin pack that was supposed to come out as well yet though.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 21, 2013

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Unfortunately (or fortunately for everyone else), they don't seem to do much damage. The best I was seeing was 36% for two bars. However, it's possible that the AI is just doing dumb suboptimal stuff and more damage will be found. It's also possible her main damage will come in the corner.

Of course, it could just be that her damage is intentionally low because she has Smoke teleport and solid wakeup specials.

She's a girl :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Tell that to Hawkgirl...

Happy Batgirl day, everyone! The messiah finally walks among us.

• Locked thread