Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Fix posted:

You've seen the statline? Post, fool.

I haven't seen it, this is just info gleaned from the rumors forums. Apparently it is also S10 T8 like the current Wraithlord, which will probably get a reduction in those stats. It can take up to two suncannons (S6 AP2 Heavy 3 small blast) or two wraithlances (anti-tank weapon) as well as the two shoulder mounted heavy weapons, which look to be the standard Eldar heavies (scatter lasers and starcannons for sure, as we have seen them on the model.) It can swap one of the big guns for a sword that's basically as long as the Wraithlord is tall. Yeah.

Eldar psychic powers: They have two disciplines, Runes of Battle and Runes of Fate (14 powers total.) However, some of those powers are actually "combo" powers where you get two in one. For example, the Runes of Battle Primaris Power is called Conceal/Reveal. Conceal is a Blessing that gives a unit (psyker's unit? target friendly unit? psyker only?) Shrouded, whereas Reveal is a Malediction that removes Shrouded from an enemy unit. The #1 power for Battle is called Destructor/Renew(al? er?) - Destructor is basically the same as before but has Soul Blaze; Renew restores a wound to a friendly model within (18"?). The Runes of Fate Primaris Power is Guide with 24" range, so you can have both Guide and Prescience on a Farseer now, which might be good. The 1 power for Fate is a bad Focused Witchfire, and Fortune and Doom are still around and basically the same. One of the powers is a Blessing that increases a unit's movement distance and/or charge range.

Either all/most infantry (or possibly just those carrying Shuriken weapons) have a special rule called Battle (something) that lets them either run and then shoot or shoot and then run. All Eldar units also have a special rule called "Ancient Foe." Probably hatred or PE vs. Necrons, I'd assume.

The Wraithguard are 40mm based, which was predictable given that they are priced like Terminators. They can take either Wraithcannons (seem to be similar or the same) or D Scythes, which are multi-shot ranged weapons that penetrate vehicles on a 6. They are still S5 T6.

Wraithblades are only 1A base (why do they keep doing this) but they can take 2 melee weapons (unsure about the stats on these, probably various power weapons) or 1 weapon + shield generator, which probably gives them an invulnerable save.

One of the flyers has 2 Heavy D Scythes mounted on its wings and a "psychic" main gun. The other one has two bright lances and a pulse laser. Although that is not quite as deadly as a Vendetta (one more shot, though, albeit not twin-linked) if it is not too overcosted it will certainly see play. DA and Tau are crying right now.

Some tidbits: the Avatar is now Fleet. Dark Reapers have Slow and Purposeful. Rangers are WS4 and have a character (upgrade or IC) who has a 120" range sniper rifle.

Special wargear: +2S AP- Melee, Rending, Fleshbane, Instant Death. +1S AP3, Soul Blaze, if anything dies to this Soul Blaze then every unit within 6" of that unit is affected by Soul Blaze. One-shot piece of gear that's used when the character dies: Roll a D6, on a 2+ you place an S4 AP3 template over the him, hitting both friend and foe, but if you cause at least one wound with this, the character stands back up with one wound remaining. An item that grants the user Fearless, Shrouded, Stealth, and re-roll cover saves but they lose Independent Character - a way to make a Solitaire character.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wow. I think it's about time I acknowledged that I need to get out of this hobby. I haven't played it for months, and there's a lot of plastic chilling upstairs that could go to a good home somewhere.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wow. I think it's about time I acknowledged that I need to get out of this hobby. I haven't played it for months, and there's a lot of plastic chilling upstairs that could go to a good home somewhere.

Yeah that is where I am as well. It's purely the effort and legwork of selling poo poo that is keeping it at my house at this point.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
While I'm sad to see people go, these price increases do provide the scene with some used space men flowing into the market.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Birthday money is coming soon, save all your Orks and sell them to meeeeeeeee!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I'm trying to decide which Greater Daemon to add to my collection and I can't make my mind up between a Keeper of Secrets or a Lord of Change. How are people finding either of them? My list generally consists of a big unit of Pink Horrors, a unit of 15 Seekers, some Flesh Hounds, Beasts of Nurgle... so I've got a decent mix of stuff and just can't make my mind up between the speed and combat ability of the Keeper vs the versatility of the LoC (although I'm guaranteed to lose it to dumb Grounded tests every game).

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

CyberLord XP posted:

You and I live in the same city, if you want to buy my orks we can definitely work something out.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Here we go, next set of leaked images

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 21, 2013

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

JoshTheStampede posted:

You and I live in the same city, if you want to buy my orks we can definitely work something out.

Oh yeah, I sold you a bunch of books before. I'll let you know later and we can talk turkey.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Wraithguard look amazing, purchase confirmed :)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Fuegan posted:

I'm trying to decide which Greater Daemon to add to my collection and I can't make my mind up between a Keeper of Secrets or a Lord of Change. How are people finding either of them? My list generally consists of a big unit of Pink Horrors, a unit of 15 Seekers, some Flesh Hounds, Beasts of Nurgle... so I've got a decent mix of stuff and just can't make my mind up between the speed and combat ability of the Keeper vs the versatility of the LoC (although I'm guaranteed to lose it to dumb Grounded tests every game).

The Lord of Change is an incredibly useful Psyker with Divination and Change and has the option of generating extra Chaos Spawn over the course of the game for 20pts. The Keeper of Secrets is not as fast (though it runs further than usual) and suffers the fate of having few ranged options and being an easy target.

In my estimation based on stat-lines and strategy, the various Daemons rank like so: Keeper of Secrets < Great Unclean One < Bloodthirster < Lord of Change

Flying Monstrous Creatures are just so much more versatile and powerful than walking MCs, especially since their costs aren't all that much different.

All this aside, I hate hate hate the Lord of Change model. I really want either a new scupt, the Forgeworld model, or one of the old metals to mess with. The current model is just so spindly and wonky-looking I cannot take it seriously.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Fuegan posted:

I have used LoC every chance I got and I love him. 2-3 rolls on Divination is a good chance to get 4+ inv or Precog which increases its survivability quite a bit.

The ignore cover is not terrible if you rolled one of the S8 power on Lesser/Greater Rewards and the malediction is just awesome.

Though, I have heard good things about the KoS, even though it's not flying. It also opens up Slaanesh DP's who can get 2D6 BS5 S6 whip shots a trun which does help out the lack of shooting.

PierreTheMime posted:

All this aside, I hate hate hate the Lord of Change model. I really want either a new scupt, the Forgeworld model, or one of the old metals to mess with. The current model is just so spindly and wonky-looking I cannot take it seriously.

Cockatrice, bro. Though I had to add one extra tail section to stifle the "C" shape it's curved into.

Edit: It's Finecast and it's perfect.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 21, 2013

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

CyberLord XP posted:

What luck, I just put a pile on ebay.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm loving all the sticker shock blow-back that is occurring here; I'll love it even more after a bunch of you crack and buy one of those $115 models after seeing one painted nicely on CMON. Hams bitch a lot, but continue to vote with their wallets and the votes always say: "Take my money I need my plastic crack." Nothing but daughters with no juice in their cups as far as the eye can see.

I realize I will probably be in the minority, but prices are this level aren't something I will turn around on later. When I was 20? Sure I would have bitched and moaned and then bought two of them eventually. But I'll be thirty this year. I have a kid now, and he drinks a lot of juice. I get it, this means that I am not GW's target demographic any more and they won't give a poo poo that I'm bowing out. But it still sucks for me, because I have been chugging along on GW stuff since I was 10 or 11.

The only good news is that GW has paved the way for a lot of other companies that make excellent miniatures at decent prices. I see a lot of Bones in my future. :unsmith:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
That Ranger guy is :krad:

So, does the Limited Edition Iyanden Codex contain a coupon for $45 off your purchase of three or more Wraithknight kits?

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Welp I'm selling my old Eldar Corsairs stuff. I was waiting for the new release but between the pricing and the Wraith everything I don't think I'm sticking with it. I don't think I've even played with my army in nearly a year. Here they are if anyone is interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200926330130?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is poly cement ok for the large flight stands, or should I use superglue?

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Some more pictures of new Eldar:

quote:

Also a picture of the fighter: http://i.imgur.com/YNUBBd4.jpg

Also the fighter?: http://i.imgur.com/ISdQt7t.jpg

Fighter mid flight: http://i.imgur.com/8qcZnjw.jpg

Sniper: http://i.imgur.com/JGyJQgp.jpg

Bomber: http://i.imgur.com/vtADZpu.jpg

Spritseer: http://i.imgur.com/ilqb7ti.jpg

Wraithknight with 2 ranged weapons: (plus wraithguard) http://i.imgur.com/3o36S55.jpg

Wraithblades with swords: http://i.imgur.com/2ymq1te.jpg

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A front on view of the fighter over the top of the new Farseer

Wraithguard with swords instead of axes

Edit: Ninjad :orks:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 21, 2013

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The new Wraith stuff all looks pretty baller. I like the Wraithseer, Wraithguard and their close combat buddies look solid, Wraithknight is cool but any chance of me getting one to paint up for fun went out the window when I saw the pricetag. The new fighters look stumpy, dumpy, and straight out of 2nd edition.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are they even changing dire avengers at all or are they just pulling the trick they did with guard where the cut the amount of mans you get in a box by half but keep the price the same?

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
I had picked up both a metal Seer Council and some metal heavy weapons platforms on the cheap with the hope to start Eldar when they released, but I think those plans just went out the window.

Maybe I'll scoop up some cheap infantry and transports as people quit the hobby so I can make a small allied contingent for fun. Definitely not buying new kit for it, though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BadLlama posted:

Are they even changing dire avengers at all or are they just pulling the trick they did with guard where the cut the amount of mans you get in a box by half but keep the price the same?
Guard trick. Last night I was thinking of buying a bunch of boxes of 10 and flipping them for double but that's a lot of work to make like $30. I was contemplating Eldar allies when 6th started, but these prices are keeping me away. GW hasn't priced me out just yet, but they've priced me out of casually buying poo poo just for fun instead of "I need X unit to make my army work" purchases.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SRM posted:

Guard trick. Last night I was thinking of buying a bunch of boxes of 10 and flipping them for double but that's a lot of work to make like $30. I was contemplating Eldar allies when 6th started, but these prices are keeping me away. GW hasn't priced me out just yet, but they've priced me out of casually buying poo poo just for fun instead of "I need X unit to make my army work" purchases.

That is so incredibly stupid, unless dire avengers are getting a huge buff in the new rules they aren't that much better than just a blob of guardians. (Good thing I have more guardians then I need, hello proxy avengers!)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I also have a crapload of Guardians. If you replaced the heads you would basically be set. I wonder how hard it would be to mod them to add the crests and call it done.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ashcans posted:

I also have a crapload of Guardians. If you replaced the heads you would basically be set. I wonder how hard it would be to mod them to add the crests and call it done.
Well, the only difference between the old Dire Avengers and Guardians were loincloths and crested helmets. It's just a bit of Green Stuff work really.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Yea, loincloths are easy (and also I think kind of optional) but rebuilding the cones into crests might be a pain.

On the other hand it looks like bits stores have them for ~$1, so you could convert ten guardians into DAs for $10.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The Guardian kit has better weapons, anyway. Their shuriken catapults are already far larger than they should be, the avenger catapults are just absurd. Explain to me why space uzis are almost as tall as the guy carrying it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Has GW cracked down real hard on Ebay Stores selling GW products? like a year ago there were plenty of ebay stores selling stuff at up to 25-30% off depending on the product. I can't find any selling for good discount prices anymore.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If you're not a physical retailer they wont let you have an account with them any more as I recall.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Yea, and I think they tightened up the requirements for a 'physical store' so that it was a lot harder to fake it. I think that it used to be that a business address would basically qualify, but now you are supposed to have space to foster community growth or something. It means that the only places that can get the distributor prices are ones like the Warstore with a proper game store.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Ashcans posted:

Yea, and I think they tightened up the requirements for a 'physical store' so that it was a lot harder to fake it. I think that it used to be that a business address would basically qualify, but now you are supposed to have space to foster community growth or something. It means that the only places that can get the distributor prices are ones like the Warstore with a proper game store.

Which is hilarious in light of most GW stores removing their gaming and painting space. Fostering community growth indeed.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

JoshTheStampede posted:

Which is hilarious in light of most GW stores removing their gaming and painting space. Fostering community growth indeed.

Also hilarious with the squeeze that they're starting to put on retailers with the new direct order restrictions, coupled with a lot of poo poo going direct order only. It doesn't seem like they're *that* interested in fostering FLGS community growth.

Also, according to my FLGS: loving Kroot are direct order now.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
I've got an odd feeling these new Wraith-axemen are going to be filed alongside those Necron melee dudes that aren't Lychguard (Praetorians?), Warp Talons and Mutilators as not actually very useful. I hope this isn't true though because they're really cool.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The picture of the Wraithknight striding forwarding with that gigantic sword is ridiculous. I love it so much.
And if the stats are real, it's going to be an abomination on the field. But maybe pointcosts will kill its viability.

e: It wasn't posted here I think, here's what I'm talking about :

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 21, 2013

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Bob Smith posted:

I've got an odd feeling these new Wraith-axemen are going to be filed alongside those Necron melee dudes that aren't Lychguard (Praetorians?), Warp Talons and Mutilators as not actually very useful. I hope this isn't true though because they're really cool.
They're more of a tarpit unit than most of those seem to be. That being said, plastic Wraithguard.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I'd love to see a picture of the flyer in profile. Someone earlier said it looked dumpy, but I think it's because of the angles we've gotten. But then they also said it looked 2ed, which is totally great by me.

Edit: And there it is. I think the flyer looks pretty good, and also appears to double effectively as a batarang. I am down with that.

Also the striding Wraithknight looks a lot better than the static pose.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ashcans posted:

I'd love to see a picture of the flyer in profile. Someone earlier said it looked dumpy, but I think it's because of the angles we've gotten. But then they also said it looked 2ed, which is totally great by me.
That was me. I think it just looks too short and stubby. The Dark Eldar fighterbomber looks so much sleeker and more elegant.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

That was me. I think it just looks too short and stubby. The Dark Eldar fighterbomber looks so much sleeker and more elegant.

I wonder how big it is. A Nightwing/Phoenix could potentially make a nice replacement, though a costly one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SRM posted:

Yea, looking at re-purposing my DE flyer for their craftworld cousins. The thieving between the two factions goes both ways, right? :unsmith:

• Locked thread