Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
Aaaaaaagh this update is too precious.

It seems like a tonne of people in this thread caught that this would happen and this whole time I thought it'd end up just being a silly robot thing. There's still a pretty good chance for incredibly depressing awkwardness though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

pumpinglemma posted:

Best start to the morning. :3: I wonder whether we'll actually see Kat's reaction on Friday.

That'd be too nice to the readers. Two weeks of Eglamore polishing his armour!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

pumpinglemma posted:

Best start to the morning. :3: I wonder whether we'll actually see Kat's reaction on Friday.

I'm thinking getting the first half of Kat's response on Friday would make for a good weekend wait, so I'm leaning towards that.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Kat ends up saying yes to a relationship with Paz. Paz starts to visit Kat at her and Annie's room. Annie starts to feel left out with Kat spending less time with her.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Oh mah gaaaaad the blushing :3: :3: :3:

Also, Paz's knowledge of biology and bird anatomy will be the catalyst that will take Kat's research to the next level.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I totally got faked out. That was well done.

I hope the next page is another machinist horror!Kat splash page.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Geeheeheehee! :neckbeard:

Also RIP Chibisoma.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Also RIP Chibisoma.

Are you kidding, Paz is so passe. *yawn*

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

SHISHKABOB posted:

Are you kidding, Paz is so passe. *yawn*

She's a loving snore is what she is. I wrote a poem about it in tweet form.

Well, Gunnerkrigg Court's decided to sink ships and hook Kat up with Paz, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Tom!
Oh good, generic gay romance #2,405,120. Yawn. No Kat/Alistair End, no reading. Paz's the least interesting female since Willow Rosenberg.
And to Tom: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Everyone has to be gay!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson GCC teaches us: Be gay, otherwise your peers won't like you. #GunnerkriggCourt #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed
Now I definitely need to get to work on writing a guide because otherwise the urge to strange that cowardly little prick won't go away.
Yeah, can't do it. Hey @gunnerkrigg - good job sinking ships and ruining the comic, you weak god drat writer.
@gunnerkrigg Can't have the main characters be straight/hetero, right? That's for the two designated 'weirdo' characters, huh? gently caress you, you prick.
@gunnerkrigg No, really, it's nice of you to have a 'please stop reading now' arc. Real considerate of you.
@gunnerkrigg - proving that making a straight/hetero character the lead isn't worth the trouble. You're really breakin' down barriers there, Tom.
Hey kids: If you're straight, you should be off where you can't be seen. You must be gay. Remember the lessons that @gunnerkrigg taught us.
loving makes me sick. Great, one more generic gay romance with a bland female lead. Good job @gunnerkrigg you loving coward.
Need to go watch @TuckerMax say/do things to calm down. Stupid anti-straight bullshit ruining my morning. Off to Youtube I go...

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

SynthOrange posted:

Also RIP Chibisoma.

No, poor unfortunate Chibisoma's post (and tweets, see above) will live forever. What made it funny was how very invested he was in his wilful misreading of Annie and Kat's relationship and to some extent the conversation with Jack that offended him so not going the way he thought it was. If Kat and Paz's exchange also didn't quite mean what he thought it did (which we now see is the case, on Paz's end), that might even make it a little funnier. :3:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Oh man that's pretty loving :3: right there.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Aw man, this is so goddamn adorable. :3:

Alas, Bobby's leg status is still unknown.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

This isn't quite my new favourite page of Gunnerkrigg, but blushing Paz is just the most adorable goddamn thing. Will Kat have a new Main Babe?

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
This is adorable, but I'm a little worried that Paz is going to be heartbroken at the end of this. I'm gay, and when I was Kat's age, I never even thought about the opposite sex. She's had plenty of crushes on men, and I can't remember her having any on women, so I think she'll reject Paz and it'll be super awkward for everyone involved. :smith:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Haha, jesus christ Tom. You are the best. :allears:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Magypsy posted:

This is adorable, but I'm a little worried that Paz is going to be heartbroken at the end of this. I'm gay, and when I was Kat's age, I never even thought about the opposite sex. She's had plenty of crushes on men, and I can't remember her having any on women, so I think she'll reject Paz and it'll be super awkward for everyone involved. :smith:

She seems pretty uncertain about it.

To me it comes down to whether Kat would accept just to have a shot at romance at all, or reject to preserve her self-image. I suspect her decision won't actually have any basis in her opinion of Paz, so it'll probably end badly either way.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Haha, I thought so much. So what, now we switch perspective back to Annie? Or is it time for Kat to have her freakout and run to the forest? Cause we sure as hell ain't gonna see the rest of this scene on friday.

Unless this is what Tom wants us to think and Kat does accept Paz's affection, and all the fakeout theories are :tinfoil:

But seriously, last panel Paz is :3: as gently caress

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Friday: full panel image of Kat totally slack-jawed, with the little end-of-chapter symbol in the corner.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

No, poor unfortunate Chibisoma's post (and tweets, see above) will live forever. What made it funny was how very invested he was in his wilful misreading of Annie and Kat's relationship and to some extent the conversation with Jack that offended him so not going the way he thought it was. If Kat and Paz's exchange also didn't quite mean what he thought it did (which we now see is the case, on Paz's end), that might even make it a little funnier. :3:

I dunno. I mean, Chibisoma was obviously crazy, but I think there's some good evidence that Kat's crushing on Annie if not the other way around.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Friday: full panel image of Kat totally slack-jawed, with the little end-of-chapter symbol in the corner.

This is exactly what's going to happen.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
This is so :3: that I can't imagine it ending any way other than badly. I hope not though. This has been a pretty upbeat chapter so far.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

This is exactly what's going to happen.

And then the next chapter is a Doctor Disaster adventure with Kat conspicuously absent.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

I wanted to join in the :3: train for the latest update, and to get angry at this guy/girl for spoilers :argh:

(I really hope you're right, it would be the perfect ending)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
E: f, b. SHISHKABOB!

Remember Red's face after she got a name? That's what I'm picturing for Kat on Friday. That and the end-chapter symbol because Tom is a vicious, vicious man.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Okay, today was too cute, so I had to try my hand at making some avatars.

Paz blushing in her sun hat, cleaned up and flipped so it's facing the posts, with and without borders:

Paz and Bobby:

I hope I did this right!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

pumpinglemma posted:

I dunno. I mean, Chibisoma was obviously crazy, but I think there's some good evidence that Kat's crushing on Annie if not the other way around.

Sure, that's a possibility, and I didn't mean to entirely discount it, but that was really never the way their relationship was going and the funny part was his immense lightning-throwing wrath at being reminded of this. It would remain funny (or become more so) if everything somehow turned out the way he'd hoped after all.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Violen posted:

She's a loving snore is what she is. I wrote a poem about it in tweet form.

Well, Gunnerkrigg Court's decided to sink ships and hook Kat up with Paz, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Tom!
Oh good, generic gay romance #2,405,120. Yawn. No Kat/Alistair End, no reading. Paz's the least interesting female since Willow Rosenberg.
And to Tom: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Everyone has to be gay!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson GCC teaches us: Be gay, otherwise your peers won't like you. #GunnerkriggCourt #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed
Now I definitely need to get to work on writing a guide because otherwise the urge to strange that cowardly little prick won't go away.
Yeah, can't do it. Hey @gunnerkrigg - good job sinking ships and ruining the comic, you weak god drat writer.
@gunnerkrigg Can't have the main characters be straight/hetero, right? That's for the two designated 'weirdo' characters, huh? gently caress you, you prick.
@gunnerkrigg No, really, it's nice of you to have a 'please stop reading now' arc. Real considerate of you.
@gunnerkrigg - proving that making a straight/hetero character the lead isn't worth the trouble. You're really breakin' down barriers there, Tom.
Hey kids: If you're straight, you should be off where you can't be seen. You must be gay. Remember the lessons that @gunnerkrigg taught us.
loving makes me sick. Great, one more generic gay romance with a bland female lead. Good job @gunnerkrigg you loving coward.
Need to go watch @TuckerMax say/do things to calm down. Stupid anti-straight bullshit ruining my morning. Off to Youtube I go...

Hahahh. I was kind of hoping Kat wouldn't shoot her down already, because more positive LGBT portrayals that don't involve being alien or weird as a matter of course is always a good thing.

Now, I'm definitely hoping for it, because gently caress internet bigots who think being straight is some kind of loving cross to bear.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I for one applaud Paz's bravery.

Coming out as a transvestite is a very difficult thing for a boy of Paz's age to do

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cabbit posted:

Now, I'm definitely hoping for it, because gently caress internet bigots who think being straight is some kind of loving cross to bear.

And Chibisoma parodies claim another victim.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

This is incredibly cute and all but I feel like this particular story arc has given me the runaround more than any other so far. It's cute but I'm also like FINALLY JEEZ.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Cat Mattress posted:

And Chibisoma parodies claim another victim.

Poe's law is a hell of a thing. I'm sure there are people this very instant posting poo poo to that effect somewhere.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Red Queen posted:

Okay, today was too cute, so I had to try my hand at making some avatars.

Paz blushing in her sun hat, cleaned up and flipped so it's facing the posts, with and without borders:

Paz and Bobby:

I hope I did this right!

Those are fantastic. Blushing Paz!

D'aww, this is the best update :3: go favorite character!

Sadly we're getting a perspective change on friday aren't we? :smith: (it'll turn out that Bobby and the Mice also loved Kat)

quote:

It'll turn out that literally EVERYONE loves Kat and she'll start going crazy because of all the attention and run far away and elope with Boxbot. How's THAT for a twist?!

Kat will be the most loved person in the Court, so she can only hang out with the least loved! It's so obvious, it has to happen now!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 22, 2013

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

It'll turn out that literally EVERYONE loves Kat and she'll start going crazy because of all the attention and run far away and elope with Boxbot. How's THAT for a twist?! :shepface:

Even if this does turn out awkward or doesn't work out I'm still glad to see more of Kat and Paz interacting because they're both awesome characters, and it's been awhile since Paz has had her time in the spotlight. Also blushing Paz is ridiculously adorable.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

cathead posted:

It'll turn out that literally EVERYONE loves Kat and she'll start going crazy because of all the attention and run far away and elope with Boxbot. How's THAT for a twist?! :shepface:

Turns out GC is actually Kat's self-insert fan-fic.

Also I made this:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Aww, this is adorable :3: I just hope it doesn't end with Kat crapping all over Paz's feelings. Rejection makes you feel like poo poo regardless, and in this case it could couple with Kat's frustration that everyone assumes she is a lesbian and turn out really nasty.

Magypsy posted:

I'm gay, and when I was Kat's age, I never even thought about the opposite sex. She's had plenty of crushes on men, and I can't remember her having any on women, so I think she'll reject Paz and it'll be super awkward for everyone involved. :smith:
Plenty of lesbians have started out dating men before realizing/coming to terms with their attraction towards the same sex. The same is true of gay men. Admittedly it's sometimes because of societal expectations, but many teens are confused about their sexuality regardless. Also, sexuality isn't some binary on/off switch, Kat could be bisexual.

Actually, that would be a great way to piss off straight bigots and gay bigots at the same time, since apparently there's a fair amount of discrimination against bisexuals among gays.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Magypsy posted:

It's entirely possible that they're both bisexual. They've both been shown crushing on guys.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

Actually, that would be a great way to piss off straight bigots and gay bigots at the same time, since apparently there's a fair amount of discrimination against bisexuals among gays.

As a gay guy, yeah, there is, and it's pretty awful. :( If you're bi then the gay community is constantly accusing you of being fake or pretending to be gay for Discrimination Points, and if you ever actually DO end up long-term with someone the opposite sex then they're all "HAH see you're actually straight!" And women, whose sexuality tends to be more fluid than men, get a LOT more of it what with the whole stereotype of 'lesbian until graduation'.

Whatever Tom does though I know he'll handle it well, and addressing certain issues about teenage sexuality could be really important, but I also just want everyone to be happy and everything to work out for Paz because she's adorable. :3:

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 22, 2013

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Well, it is probably for the best Kat was gracious rather than responding to Bobby in the way the handbook says

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Aw, Paz. This is the cutest thing. And also the worst cliffhanger ever. I fear there are going to be some hurt feelings. :ohdear:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I'd be more nervous about how Kat might react to this, but I think as long as she doesn't immediately panic and remembers some very good advice Zimmy and Gamma gave her, this'll all turn out fine one way or another.
Besides, all that bad luck of Paz's has to balance itself out somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Safari Disco Lion posted:

As a gay guy, yeah, there is, and it's pretty awful. :( If you're bi then the gay community is constantly accusing you of being fake or pretending to be gay for Discrimination Points, and if you ever actually DO end up long-term with someone the opposite sex then they're all "HAH see you're actually straight!" And women, whose sexuality tends to be more fluid than men, get a LOT more of it what with the whole stereotype of 'lesbian until graduation'.

Whatever Tom does though I know he'll handle it well, and addressing certain issues about teenage sexuality could be really important, but I also just want everyone to be happy and everything to work out for Paz because she's adorable. :3:

Yeah, there's an unfortunate amount of bigotry in the gay community in general-- often completely unnoticed by most of it. Some people seem to think that being a minority somehow gives you a pass on being a dick to other minorities, especially women (not technically a minority but you know what I mean), bisexuals, and trans people.

It's like nobody even mentioned the golden rule to them, or something.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 22, 2013