Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Only if the license plate is "BRNPRBLMS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sooooo spoilers..

Sasuke comes.
Konoha guys gets really pissed off at seeing Sasuke.
Then Sasuke says: "I'll save the village and become Hokage !"

Everyone looks at Sasuke with a WTF face.

Only Naruto got a dead serious look on his face. "The one who will become Hokahge is me !"

Sakura too is a student of a Sannin and they face they enemy together.

Team 7 reborn !

:allears:

a.lo fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 22, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ahahahaha, that is wonderful. The one who won Sasuke over with the power of friendship was Big O.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I know this isn't what Kishimoto intended, but personally I think he wrote this chapter and Saskue's latest development this way just for irony's sake.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL
New chapter: http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/631/3

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
This loving chapter.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Torrannor posted:

The best part of the Madara-Kage fight will be the reaction of Madara to seeing Zombie-Hashirama. Finally someone worthy to fight!

Haha, If it were not such a great chapter in general, you would have been totally right. That was a particularly funny page, but tons of other stuff happened this week. It was pretty much distilled greatness in a chapter.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Are we sure this chapter wasn't an incredibly well done fanfiction?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Is that Minato in Kyuubi mode?

And great, Madara is all pumped for Hashirama, who just interrupts him and says:"I will deal with you later."

Overall really great. Now I can't wait for next week :argh:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I hope this entire thing was a giant nonsensical plot by Madara to fight Hashirama again when they were both in their prime because it was really fun and he lost the first time, and he turns around and tells Obito he's a loving idiot for thinking you could use a sharingan on the moon.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
This loving chapter.

If being friendzoned really is an excuse, Hinata should go ahead and kill everyone now.

Madara, if you keep making this face it'll get stuck that way.

SASUKE WANTS TO BECOME HOKAGE.

Further, It should be pointed out that - -

No I'm sorry, SASUKE WANTS TO BECOME HOKAGE. WHAT

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ahh so Minato's gift to Naruto is probably going to be the second half of the Kyuubi

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The First is still holding strong to title of best Kage.

Yeah, yeah everyone wants to be Hokage. Now can we get back to this ninja war?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What the gently caress does Sakura think she's going to do compared to four (possibly six) kage-level ninja?

E: gently caress yes Nine-tails mode Minato. poo poo is about to go down!

First Priest
Feb 12, 2010
Mangastream scan out

Like father, like son.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I don't know what to think about this chapter. On one hand it reads like fanfiction, on the other hand it reads like fanfiction.

Ah screw it, it was hilarious and I love how Hashirama completely blows off Madara

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I feel so bad for Hinata now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Scyantific posted:

What the gently caress does Sakura think she's going to do compared to four (possibly six) kage-level ninja?

Well, physically, she is way up there. With Tsunade's training she is one of the physically strongest characters, and with a group battle, it's more likely that she'll be able to get some hits in. Even just a single punch or kick from her would wreck Madara's body, like we saw with Tsunade and Lee.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Schubalts posted:

Well, physically, she is way up there. With Tsunade's training she is one of the physically strongest characters, and with a group battle, it's more likely that she'll be able to get some hits in. Even just a single punch or kick from her would wreck Madara's body, like we saw with Tsunade and Lee.

She mentioned being able to unleash her full power once she collects some more chakra. My guess is that she's got the stored chakra super-mode Tsunade has, and is about to let it loose.

Also, Mangastream's version is out.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
This loving chapter :black101:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
It never really occurred to me until now, they are the disciples of the 3 legendary sannin.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This whole thing just reads like taking the least-effort path to wrapping this series up, writing wise. Sasuke's back! Give everyone a reaction shot and that should cover the 're-introduction after like forever' part. Oh and he's good now so I don't have to do any complicated or unorthodox solution between him and well anyone. And everyone can just react in half a page and then nod their head and that should cover the 'react to sasuke doing a 100% reversal' part.

Basically what i'm saying is this part has been built up for several years and was kind of the entire point of Sasuke's arc and now it's been flushed down the drain in like a few pages. Good show.

Oh and everyone is busting out powerups left and right because, well because they are just shut up and read my beautiful ninja trainwreck

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ak Gara posted:

It never really occurred to me until now, they are the disciples of the 3 legendary sannin.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Just summon a loving slug already Sakura, jesus.

I also really want Orochimaru to show up and then we can have Naruto Hashirama and Orochimaru do a Three-Generation, Tripe Sage Mode Formation.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bisse posted:

This whole thing just reads like taking the least-effort path to wrapping this series up, writing wise. Sasuke's back! Give everyone a reaction shot and that should cover the 're-introduction after like forever' part. Oh and he's good now so I don't have to do any complicated or unorthodox solution between him and well anyone. And everyone can just react in half a page and then nod their head and that should cover the 'react to sasuke doing a 100% reversal' part.

Basically what i'm saying is this part has been built up for several years and was kind of the entire point of Sasuke's arc and now it's been flushed down the drain in like a few pages. Good show.

Oh and everyone is busting out powerups left and right because, well because they are just shut up and read my beautiful ninja trainwreck

No one has busted out a power-up out of nowhere. Sasuke issue was resolved kinda quickly then again the only thing keeping him from returning to Konoha after killing Itachi was Madara lying his rear end off to him. Once Sasuke had the truth it's pretty dumb for him to keep his grudge.

Plus keep in Mind it would be quite easy for Madara to say during any chapter "BTW I sharinganed the moon like 50 chapters ago, Sasuke is still evil and you all are caught in my genjutsu"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The fourth on kyuubi mode :black101:

This is one of these chapters that kick so much rear end as long you don't think too much about what's really happenning, then it becomes really stupid.

And goddamn Kishimoto, such a magnificent troll with the whole Sakura/Hinata business . At this point the shipper war will be devastating :allears:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And goddamn Kishimoto, such a magnificent troll with the whole Sakura/Hinata business . At this point the shipper war will be devastating :allears:

That's just Naruto. He was either trying to posture in front of his Dad or bust Sakura's chops.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
If you didn't love this chapter you have no business reading this manga at all :black101:

I can't remember the last time a small panel has made me laugh as much as this:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

SpazmasterX posted:

That's just Naruto. He was either trying to posture in front of his Dad or bust Sakura's chops.

I'm sure that's true, but if Naruto ends up with Sakura I really will have to use "my headcannon" when I refer to this series.

And God yes, that's the best panel of the month.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

quote:

I'm sure that's true, but if Naruto ends up with Sakura I really will have to use "my headcannon" when I refer to this series.

I really don't think this whole thing is wrong on an "if" level any more.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
This is gonna end up going the ultimate shipper tease route? It's gonna end flashing forward to the future, we'll see Naruto and his kid, his wife will be mentioned but never seen or named and the kid will look like it could be either chicks.

Skychrono posted:

:hfive:

Sasuke, don't you realise that no one is gonna want you for Hokage the same reason no one wanted Madara? Namely that you are a crazy, murderous, unstable psycho who no one should trust further than they can spit?

I think I'm gonna stick with my prediction that Naruto will not become Hokage, but instead be nominated to some new leadership that encompass all five ninja nations. Like a Super-kage or something. Surpassing all the previous Hokage indeed.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's really bizarre that Sasuke's character arc was resolved by someone other than Naruto after that was built up as the main conflict of the series literally chapter 3.

On the other hand, some of the worst parts of the manga were Kishimoto reaching for ways to keep Sasuke as an antagonist against all logic, so maybe one day he just decided to have the characters act reasonably even if it meant ditching that part of the overall narrative.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 22, 2013

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Prison Warden posted:

I think I'm gonna stick with my prediction that Naruto will not become Hokage, but instead be nominated to some new leadership that encompass all five ninja nations. Like a Super-kage or something. Surpassing all the previous Hokage indeed.

If they do that, then maybe they should let Sasuke be Hokage, just to gently caress with him. "You're now Hokage! Too bad it don't mean poo poo with Super-kage Naruto arround.:v:"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm hoping Sasuke will work hard to regain all that trust, he does have a number of extenuating circumstances assuming everyone hasn't be caught in mind control ninja magic; I wish that scene where Sasuke makes up his mind had him giving his internal thoughts on the matter.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

i have no earthly clue whats more hosed up

the fact that someone just posted a How I Met Your Mother reference in a thread about loving Naruto

or the fact that i just found something from HIMYM mildly humorous :stare:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yea sure. Sasuke. We're gonna give one of the highest level of power and authority to a guy with a chemical imbalance that causes him to freak out whenever something bad happens. Because that's a sensible thing to do!

And that snarky remark about "letting bygones be bygones" loving rear end in a top hat. If anything this guy should be face down in the dirt BEGGING for the chance to fight together with them.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Mulderman posted:

Yea sure. Sasuke. We're gonna give one of the highest level of power and authority to a guy with a chemical imbalance that causes him to freak out whenever something bad happens. Because that's a sensible thing to do!

And that snarky remark about "letting bygones be bygones" loving rear end in a top hat. If anything this guy should be face down in the dirt BEGGING for the chance to fight together with them.

I'm pretty sure its "They get more powerful when something bad happens that forces them to freak out." Also Itachi was pretty stable and sensible acting aside.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prison Warden posted:

This is gonna end up going the ultimate shipper tease route? It's gonna end flashing forward to the future, we'll see Naruto and his kid, his wife will be mentioned but never seen or named and the kid will look like it could be either chicks.

Don't be silly. Naruto will solve that conflict like he solves every unsolvable problem. They each get a clone and he's got two kids!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gyges posted:

Don't be silly. Naruto will solve that conflict like he solves every unsolvable problem. They each get a clone and he's got two kids!

It'like looking both left and right at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm pretty sure its "They get more powerful when something bad happens that forces them to freak out." Also Itachi was pretty stable and sensible acting aside.

The Second himself said it: The Uchiha can be incredibly loyal, dedicated and virtuous people, like Itachi was. But the Uchiha have an inbuilt reinforcement system that means that those who freak out and become emotionally unstable get rewarded for it, and Sasuke has already shown he has the emotional resilience of a wet paper bag, trusting him a stressful job like being leader of an entire nation's military would be a colossally stupid idea.

Kuroyama posted:

If they do that, then maybe they should let Sasuke be Hokage, just to gently caress with him. "You're now Hokage! Too bad it don't mean poo poo with Super-kage Naruto arround.:v:"

"Guess what I'm Hokage, Naruto!"
"yeah, well I'M Super-Kage Sasuke!"
"uh, uh, I'm the Super-duper kage, Naruto!"
"I'm the Super Kage Guru Sasuke! What you gonna do about that you loving baby?! You tiny baby!"

• Locked thread