Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
Aside from the dozens of other issues, that first email leaves out the much more significant populations of Muslims in Indonesia, India, and Bangladesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hamsalad posted:

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran does not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Islam is evil and destructive, and is nothing but a religion of smelly perverts. Also, let me tell you about how un-American it is to disrespect other cultures and religions :ironicat:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

some rear end in a top hat posted:

CAN MUSLIMS BE GOOD AMERICANS?????

I really want to see every single copy of this post ever to be directly followed by a parody titled "Can Jews be good Germans?" with only the specific terms swapped out, just to show how vile this poo poo is.

But nope, this is totally okay to express in most venues, just because they are the real bad guys. That is depressing as hell. :smithicide:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
"Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic."

Indonesia? Malaysia? That's just off the top of my head. But I'm sure "Islamic government" just means "Middle East" to whoever wrote this.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

SpecialK2 posted:

Aside from the dozens of other issues, that first email leaves out the much more significant populations of Muslims in Indonesia, India, and Bangladesh.

What's the statistic again? Only 15% or 20% of the world's Muslim population is Arab.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

V-Men posted:

What's the statistic again? Only 15% or 20% of the world's Muslim population is Arab.

http://islam.about.com/od/muslimcountries/a/population.htm

quote:

Although Islam is often associated with the Arab world and the Middle East, fewer than 15% of Muslims are Arab.

For those wondering, Indonesia is #1 with 203 million and Pakistan being #2, for now, with 174 million. Egypt has the largest Arab Muslim population with 79 million.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
I'm sure much of that list is total bullshit, but specifically, what's this about Muslims not being allowed football? Never heard of Islam being anti-sports; if that's true, someone should tell Muhammad Ali and Kareem, and also isn't Qatar hosting the World Cup soon? Do they mean specifically American football? Seriously, though, are the shittier fundamentalist sects anti-football or was that just complete bullshit?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

MisterBadIdea posted:

I'm sure much of that list is total bullshit, but specifically, what's this about Muslims not being allowed football? Never heard of Islam being anti-sports; if that's true, someone should tell Muhammad Ali and Kareem, and also isn't Qatar hosting the World Cup soon? Do they mean specifically American football? Seriously, though, are the shittier fundamentalist sects anti-football or was that just complete bullshit?

Maybe they think that since the ball is called a pigskin, they'd not want to touch it? Even though balls aren't made out of it.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

MisterBadIdea posted:

They mean American football. The ball used in the sport is sometimes colloquially referred to as "the pigskin" but it has been covered in cow leather for many years now, not pig skin. And of course Muslims can't stand to touch anything pig related, which is why these crazies always get all masturbatory about tall tales of American soldiers rubbing their bullets in bacon grease before they fire them.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love how absolutely everything on that list is just plain wrong. Also, if he's Christian (which I'm assuming he is), he blasphemed against his own deity several times.

Nice job there, gramps.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

PBJ posted:

I love how absolutely everything on that list is just plain wrong. Also, if he's Christian (which I'm assuming he is), he blasphemed against his own deity several times.

Nice job there, gramps.

Yeah there's seriously not a single decent item on that whole list. It also frustrates me to no end when awful people make references to "their" America. Your America is not my America you shithead and too bad for you but whatever lovely part of America you represent is on the decline.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Nice Davis posted:

They mean American football. The ball used in the sport is sometimes colloquially referred to as "the pigskin" but it has been covered in cow leather for many years now, not pig skin. And of course Muslims can't stand to touch anything pig related, which is why these crazies always get all masturbatory about tall tales of American soldiers rubbing their bullets in bacon grease before they fire them.

Which is a great read if you want to lose some more faith in humanity:

quote:

HOW does SILVER BULLET GUN OIL work? SILVER BULLET GUN OIL CONTAINS 13% USDA LIQUEFIED PIG FAT. The PIG FAT is mixed
with our blended, hi-grade WEAPONS OIL designed for use in ALL FIREARMS. The oil is applied to the inside of the barrel of any
firearm or weapons system. When fired, BULLETS are coated with SILVER BULLET GUN OIL containing the PIG FAT. The PIG FAT is
transferred to anything the BULLETS STRIKE. The coating of OIL CONTAINING PIG FAT effectively DENIES entry to Allah's Paradise to
any Islamo-Fascist terrorist KIA with a bullet coming from a firearm using SILVER BULLET GUN OIL in the barrel.
http://silverbulletgunoil.net

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Sardine Wit posted:

Which is a great read if you want to lose some more faith in humanity:

http://silverbulletgunoil.net

So someone who buys this crap either:
1) believes that their pig oil is having an effect, which means they accept the truth of Islam (as they understand it, at least), or
2) they think it's all psychological, which relies on the person they shot knowing the bullet was 'tainted', so... I guess the brave American runs over and reads them the brochure while they bleed out?

Pissing on the corpse would be cheaper and have the same effect.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leospeare posted:

Pissing on the corpse would be cheaper and have the same effect.

Pissing on the bullet would be cheaper and would have MORE effect.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
The greatest thing about that is that according to Islamic beliefs the Muslim (who I'm assuming is a bystander because tons killed are) is clear for Paradise (unless he was a monster on the side) while the idiot hell fucker PMC with those bullets has a different fate because he was making a direct mockery of Islam while killing people, in other words: :getin: :supaburn:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The real selling point is that when you fire the gun it smells like fried bacon. M-mmm! :patriot:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

RagnarokAngel posted:

"Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic."

Indonesia? Malaysia? That's just off the top of my head. But I'm sure "Islamic government" just means "Middle East" to whoever wrote this.
Willing to bet whoever wrote that can't even put these countries down on the map. When you are geographically and historically illiterate, it's easy for your opinion of Islam to be based on the stuff you hear about it, and the stuff that's being heard about it relates by and large to the Middle East and north Africa nowadays. :sigh:

XyloJW posted:

All US presidents have blood on their hands
I was actually looking for US presidents that didn't intervene or invade any country since WW2, and I only found one, so I've got to ask: does Carter have blood on his hands?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PBJ posted:

Nice job there, gramps.

No, see, because Allah isn't just another name for the Abrahamic god of the Jews and Christians. Allah is in reality a pagan moon god that they're just lying about.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

YF-23 posted:

I was actually looking for US presidents that didn't intervene or invade any country since WW2, and I only found one, so I've got to ask: does Carter have blood on his hands?
Off-hand, Carter is pretty clean as far as starting wars or launching invasions or other such lethal policy decisions. The only thing that comes to mind would be sending aid to the Afghan rebels, but even that was relatively small amounts of funding until Reagan really stepped it up.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

I remember a goon (it might have been in this thread actually) who was a commanding officer saying he found one of his soldiers using that poo poo so he took them and made the guy exercise until he threw up.

kanuck
Aug 27, 2004

I must remember to follow my own advice.

prahanormal posted:

I remember a goon (it might have been in this thread actually) who was a commanding officer saying he found one of his soldiers using that poo poo so he took them and made the guy exercise until he threw up.

Soviet Commubot posted:

When I was in Iraq in 2008 I caught one of my soldiers with a bottle of that crap. I made him roll around in the moondust until he vomited and told my section (I had 6 troops working for me) that if I caught that poo poo again they'd all get the same and I'd report them to the commander. That was literally the only time I ever actually punished a soldier that way and I'm still angry about it to this day.

God dammit.

Deserved it big time. How hateful/racist do you have to be?

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

kanuck posted:

Deserved it big time. How hateful/racist do you have to be?

Considering that the intent seems to be to taint the soul of your target in order to drat them to Hell, I'd say pretty goddamn racist.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me for reasons articulated by a better goon than me:

Sir Rolo, a few pages back posted:

It's weird that use of this product seemingly requires a lot of faith in Islamic beliefs, since in most cases the victims will have no idea that this was being used in the first place. Only Mohammed can really be sure.

Then again, given the target demographic for this product, "making sense" is probably not on their list of priorities.

Also, I noticed the use of a lovely low-res Warhammer 40,000 insignia on that site's front page. The fact that this site is using that symbol gives me the sinking feeling that these fucks found some Warhammer 40,000 material and thought, "Yeah, these guys have the right idea, we should do this here in the US." :smith:

Neodymium fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 22, 2013

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Nice Davis posted:

Also there are several Muslims in the NFL, and every year it's a decently big story about how such and such player is doing two-a-days without hydrating because it's Ramadan and he has to fast.

Also why does he think Muslims can't eat hamburgers?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JoshTheStampede posted:

Also there are several Muslims in the NFL, and every year it's a decently big story about how such and such player is doing two-a-days without hydrating because it's Ramadan and he has to fast.

HAM burgers, DUH!

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

muscles like this? posted:

No, see, because Allah isn't just another name for the Abrahamic god of the Jews and Christians. Allah is in reality a pagan moon god that they're just lying about.

Every time I hear the moon god thing I think of Swimp from the District Bulletin series

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

JoshTheStampede posted:

Because fast food hamburgers are not halal and they can't comprehend that burgers can be made without McDonalds and Burger King.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

There are a few halal McDonald's even!

Also, where did the "moon god" thing come from? Is it just because of the crescent and star? Do they think Buddhists worship wheels? :psyduck:

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
I remember when some nuts were raising a fuss over major producers adding halal certification to the meat products they sold. They raised hell about what was basically a processing facility that was already kosher (lots of overlap between kosher and halal standards) having a muslim inspector come in and say "yep, all this stuff also meets halal requirements, you can put the stamp on your packaging now".

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Autumncomet posted:

Also, where did the "moon god" thing come from? Is it just because of the crescent and star? Do they think Buddhists worship wheels? :psyduck:

I don't think the halal McDonald's are in the States or Canada. I've never seen one, at least.

The moon god thing is because of the crescent and star, the use of a lunar calendar (don't tell them Easter is calculated from lunar events; it might break them), and an old German scholar arbitrarily deciding that Allah was a modern version of the pre-Islamic divinity Hubal, who is not actually any kind of lunar divinity but was wedged in as part of a South Arabian trinity of the sun, moon, and stars. Hubal is generally actually thought to be a rain god.

It's entirely stupid and basically made up.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Autumncomet posted:

Not 100% sure where Chick got it from but

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

zeroprime posted:

I remember when some nuts were raising a fuss over major producers adding halal certification to the meat products they sold.

And the proper response is "your glorious free market determined it was profitable for them to certify halal. Why do you hate capitalism?"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Radish posted:

I love this panel. It works so well unironically. "Moon God? The gently caress is this white trash talking about?"

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Crackbone posted:

And the proper response is "your glorious free market determined it was profitable for them to certify halal. Why do you hate capitalism?"

Eh, but that's part of the beauty of it, will be their response. Vote with your wallet and all of that.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Radish posted:

Maybe from Muslim holy days being aligned to a lunar calendar? Of course, by that reasoning, Christians worship a "sun god" whose birth is always the same date in the solar (Gregorian) calendar.

Not that there aren't Christian holy days aligned to the lunar cycle (Easter is the first full moon after the March equinox).

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Radish posted:

He got it from willful ignorance and hatred, also the symbol has moon in it.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crescent#Pre-Islamic_and_Islamic_uses

Wikipedia posted:

Though the crescent was originally a secular symbol of authority for Muslim rulers, it is now often used to symbolize the Islamic faith. However, the crescent was not a symbol used for Islam by Muhammad or any other early Muslim rulers, as the Islamic religion is, in fact, against appointing "holy symbols" (so that during the early centuries of Islam, Muslim authorities simply didn't want any geometric symbols to be used to symbolize Islam, in the way that the cross symbolizes Christianity, the menorah was a commonly occurring symbol of Judaism, etc.). This is why early Islamic coins were covered with Arabic writing, but contained no visual symbols.

Also saying that Allah is a moon god is like saying that the Christian deity is Hispanic because his name is Jesus.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Oh Jesus, can I borrow your crowbar?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
I'm guessing that Chick comic ends with the Muslim guy crying after his entire world view has been shattered by the faultless logic of Squarejaw McChristian

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
He just goes back to praying and being like "weird fuckin americans starin at my rear end this is uncomfortable"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Autumncomet posted:

The reasoning behind the claim is summed up pretty well here. Basically there was a book in the mid-90s written by a fervently anti-Islam pastor that claimed that Allah was originally an epithet for the pre-Islamic, supposedly-moon-god Hubal (although that deity has a good chance of not having been a lunar god either), and the star and crescent indicates that Allah in the Muslim faith is in fact that same deity, not the Abrahamic god (even though the star and crescent wasn't a symbol of Islam in particular until the 50s). Chick got hooked on that theory and wrote the tract that got quoted earlier, and it spread via Chick's tracts.