Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kennel posted:

Also I made this:

This is just great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Okay, I have to ask, what is that thing in the lower right corner of panel 4? I initially read it as Paz's shoulder, but her clothes don't look like that and there's a weird thing sticking up past her head. I have no idea what it is.

Haledjian fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 22, 2013

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Haledjian posted:

Okay, I have to ask, what is that thing in the lower right corner of panel 4? I initially read it as Paz's shoulder, but her clothes don't look like that and there's a weird thing sticking up past her head. I have no idea what it is.

It's her arm/hand. She's wearing gloves.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Haledjian posted:

That's her work glove. She's touching the side/back of her head.

e: ^ t:mad: (At least we posted at the same time.)

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Next update is a full-page, five-level nested version of this.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ProfessorProf posted:

Goddammit, I was just about to say this exact thing...gently caress. Hopefully Tea-san will do that, take advantage of this being a webcomic and animate it into infinity.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
The :3:-to-post ratio for this update is the highest I've seen outside of a PYF fuzzy animal thread (and for good reason).

ProfessorProf posted:

Kennel posted:

Turns out GC is actually Kat's self-insert fan-fic.

Also I made this:

These made my morning.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

LtStorm posted:

That's her work glove. She's touching the side/back of her head.

e: ^ t:mad: (At least we posted at the same time.)

Well, I'm a doof. Thanks guys haha.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Oh man, I feel like a massive tool now for not considering that Kat might be bisexual, sorry. :smith: I still don't think that it's going to end well, though. Has Paz ever had any good luck in this comic?

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.
Fuckin' A its about time!

Magypsy posted:

Has Paz ever had any good luck in this comic?

Man I hope so for once, she's adorable and could use more screen time. Wanting Kat and Paz to get together is the closest thing I've ever come to shipping ever and it makes me feel dirty for it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Holy hell I love this comic.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
Yay. :)

Yeah, it would be about time something went nicely for Paz. I'm also very relieved that the lurking around she was doing near Kat and Annie's quarters wasn't creepy in the Westboro Baptist Church sense.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bonster posted:

It's entirely possible that they're both bisexual. They've both been shown crushing on guys.

Or maybe they're young teenagers and are overwhelmed and confused by all these crazy emotions.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is entirely too adorable oh my god :3:

I really didn't expect this.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Wrist Watch posted:

I hope it's Paz for no other reason than because it would shut everyone who's talking about fakeouts up.

Oh hey, cool.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1133

Bottom left panel might have a different interpretation if this goes well.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Splicer posted:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1133

Bottom left panel might have a different interpretation if this goes well.

:allears: Tea-san, master of forshadowing.

Speaking of, while re-reading the whole comic because someone linked to an early page (it's like a bad habit I can't drop dear God help me), I noticed another cool piece of forshadowing: The symbol appearing in the idea lightbulb is actually pretty similar identical to the mark of the creator the robots made on Kat's workshop

Kikas fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 22, 2013

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Kikas posted:

:allears: Tea-san, master of forshadowing.

"About time this issue got brought up", indeed. :v:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kikas posted:

I noticed another cool piece of forshadowing: The symbol appearing in the idea lightbulb is actually pretty similar identical to the mark of the creator the robots made on Kat's workshop

You'll see it on the Treatises, too.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
We're going to see a lot of :smith: posts in the next couple of days, aren't we?

Preemptive :smith: right now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'd be ok if the next page was an abrupt happy ending to the comic if it meant we didn't get heartbreak. :(

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

How the hell does this comic keep getting better?

I'm practically in tears and :3: and :ohdear:

This hits really close to home and I want really bad for this to work out well for both of them.

So emotionally invested in this. My hats are off to you tea-san.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

This update was so sweet I couldn't help but smile. They'd make a great couple. :3:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I suppose now we know why Tom hasn't been posting in here lately :v:

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Casull posted:

We're going to see a lot of :smith: posts in the next couple of days, aren't we?

:3: while the :3:ing's good.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Casull posted:

Emotional whiplash is one of Gunnerkrigg's longest-running traditions, after all!

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Since we're on the topic of Paz, in Chapter 27, Jack said that one of the students in Annie's class could talk to animals. Do you think that it's her? She's the only one I know who really spends any time around animals.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Magypsy posted:

Since we're on the topic of Paz, in Chapter 27, Jack said that one of the students in Annie's class could talk to animals. Do you think that it's her? She's the only one I know who really spends any time around animals.

I'm pretty sure Tom confirmed on his Formspring at one point that yes, it's her.

In fact, the first panel and author comment on this page suggest it fairly strongly.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Plus, that subtle background pattern going from Paz's head to the baby pigeon's head -- just like the subtle background pattern that connects Zimmy's head to Gamma's head.

Exactly

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 22, 2013

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I feel sorta bad that I'm feeling like it obviously won't result in them dating or anything. I just can't see it for the life of me.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Rasamune posted:

I'm pretty sure Tom confirmed on his Formspring at one point that yes, it's her.

In fact, the first panel and author comment on this page suggest it fairly strongly.

Plus, that subtle background pattern going from Paz's head to the baby pigeon's head -- just like the subtle background pattern that connects Zimmy's head to Gamma's head.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee :neckbeard:

I know I shouldn't get too excited, because tomorrow is going to be a terrible turnaround of sadness, but I want to eee while I can still eee.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Next panel she realizes she's talking to a broom holding up a wig and her coat as she has sprinted out of there.

EDIT: The page will also included an embeded music clip of a drum roll on bongo drums.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wrist Watch posted:

Oh hey, cool.

It was her, but only after the double mobius fakeout reacharound! :colbert:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"I realized how jealous I was... of Coyote. Can you give him my number?"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Brainamp posted:

I feel sorta bad that I'm feeling like it obviously won't result in them dating or anything. I just can't see it for the life of me.

I think it could be at least an acknowledgement of feelings and maybe something they'll try for a little bit on a trial basis, but maybe not something that everyone knows about.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Paz and Kat will obviously hook up because how else can Renard accidentally find out about their secret relationship and humorously struggle to keep it a secret? The puns, innuendos, winks/nudges and fake-outs would be beyond counting, a glorious sitcom galaxy reflected on the eyes of a cackling wolf doll.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

1) :3:

2) I think this shows that the court bots are basically human. I mean Bobby obviously knew what was up when he wrote the letter for Paz. Plus, when Kat confronted him with it (with an obvious excuse) he went with it. Almost as if he was taking into account Paz/Kat's response if he went all "BEEP BOOP IT WAS PAZ BEEP". It also seems Bobby doesn't have the robo-cult thing going on.

3) Court robots can evidently connect to other technology (like printers). I wonder what that's like for them?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

T-man posted:

2) I think this shows that the court bots are basically human. I mean Bobby obviously knew what was up when he wrote the letter for Paz. Plus, when Kat confronted him with it (with an obvious excuse) he went with it. Almost as if he was taking into account Paz/Kat's response if he went all "BEEP BOOP IT WAS PAZ BEEP". It also seems Bobby doesn't have the robo-cult thing going on.

Well, when Kat left after she brought the baby pigeon to Paz, Bobby said "Goodbye Angel" to her. I think the "robo-cult" thing is just kind of subtle. Other than those guys who kidnapped Robot and then put the sign on her workshop, the robots don't seem to be too crazy about it.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

seravid posted:

Paz and Kat will obviously hook up because how else can Renard accidentally find out about their secret relationship and humorously struggle to keep it a secret? The puns, innuendos, winks/nudges and fake-outs would be beyond counting, a glorious sitcom galaxy reflected on the eyes of a cackling wolf doll.
"Antimony, have you seen my book of poetry?"
"Which one?"
"The collected works of Sappho of Lesbos!"
*Kat spit take*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

seravid posted:

I would be okay with this. Devote an entire chapter to it!