Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My dog is cute. Here is my cute dog performing his newest trick, "hands up!", for some chocolate

it was a bait and switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007

Name suggestions please. Early clubhouse leader is Dexter

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MrMoose posted:

EDIT: Asiina, I just saw you mention your Molly probably having to be put down today :( My Molly feels very sad for you and will do the name proud:

Thanks. My parents decided they're going to have it done in the next few days, which actually makes me pretty irrationally angry that they're not having it done right away.

Anyway, here are my cats that I got when I moved away: Simon and Alex. A terrible phone picture of them from our first halloween together.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

My kitten, Toast, making a hammock out of a blanket and my lap. She's back home being watched while I'm out traveling for work.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Things have been warming up and so the cats have been enjoying more outside time.

Here is a Squeaky and a Mir enjoying a warm patio to roll on before heading out into the yard to sniff the grass/poo poo in my mom's garden.

Not shown, Squeaky drinking out of the footbath water. :argh: You have 3 bowls and can steal the dog's why that stuff.

After they moved, Indy finished devouring an unlucky early rising cicada and decided to flop by the footbath pool.

Lateralus
Apr 14, 2013

This is Ella

and this is Ronnie, doing what cats do best. :D

Madox
Oct 25, 2004
Recedite, plebes!

This is Briget. She died yesterday from cancer at 15 years old. She was my very best friend and such a silly dog. :(

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Lilly, the product of whatever her un-spayed Mum got it on with one night in a back alley. She was the runt of the litter and despite being 2 years old still only weighs 1kg thanks to her tiny appetite.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
I'm not quite the photographic skill level of some of the goons here, but I was talking about cat grooming in the grooming thread, and I thought I'd repost one of the pictures of my kitties. This is Warlord: he's 14, has partial albinism, and has never been able to see too hot- he's a very regal boy, though, and he's softened up since he finally picked a human- my girlfriend. 10 years into having him (vet estimated he was about 2 when I took him in), he picks my girlfriend over me. Okay, fine. As long as you're happy, you blue-eyed puffnugget.

I need to take pictures of my other three. I lurk pet island, and I've heard of exploding-animal-syndrome. I'm pretty sure the cure is pictures. :ohdear:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 19, 2013

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

After just over nine years together, Jess was put to sleep yesterday. Here are some of the last photos of her I took:

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...
Madox and Fraction, Mr. Bobo and I send our best wishes and condolences to you and yours on the loss of Jess and Briget. They look like great little guys.

soap.
Jul 15, 2007

Her?
This is Helios, or Helo for short, my almost-one-year-old Aussie. He is so smart and fun and just the best.

Skeptical dog:

Bonus puppy pictures, because he was adorable:

Madox
Oct 25, 2004
Recedite, plebes!
Thanks for your thoughts, Effingham. I love the name Mr Bobo. :)
Our other dog, Rudy, is picking up the slack by getting into enough mischief for two.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

My Border Collie Jixx doesn't like cameras much.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

This is my Boston Terrier/Boxer/heinz 57 rescue puppy having a nap on me. He was snoring, it's adorable :3:

Edit: His name is Jersey

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
This is Lily who was found back in September wandering the streets of the Bronx on her own with a crusty eye and some noticeable scars on her. She is the best dog and I love her like crazy because she does weird poo poo like this:

That is how she was sleeping when I left for work yesterday. I think she stretched and just kind of let her legs down for a few minutes, the longer I stare at the picture the more I laugh. She thinks she's people, I guess, but she also sort of looks like an alien.

And then here she is on 4/20. Which is not true, it's from 2 weeks ago but this is another picture that just makes me lose my poo poo when I stare at it, she looks high as poo poo or something. Don't mind the floor, there was a lovely leak.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

Mederlock posted:

This is my Boston Terrier/Boxer/heinz 57 rescue puppy having a nap on me. He was snoring, it's adorable :3:

Edit: His name is Jersey

Cute. :)

Mr. Bobo snores, too, and it's very cute in the daytime. It's HORRIBLE late at night when I'm in bed trying to sleep and he's on the floor next to the bed snortin' and snuffin' away.

Content:

He has a doggie bed. Why does he sleep here?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

My dog and the in-laws dog, just chillin at Christmas time

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Roomie's dog and cat sniffing it up in the yard.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
So, it's been almost a month since we became puppy parents.

Pretty sure we made the right choice.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

P3244995-2 by SEJRamsay, on Flickr

Betamax and Minidisc

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I really need to get the cat photos off of my camera. In the meantime, this is Butterscotch! She was dumped off at the shelter I volunteer for at the age of 8 1/2. She was still intact and actually in heat when she was signed over. Poor thing has had many, many litters of puppies which has contributed to her being rather small. She also at some point in the past 5 years or so tore a ligament that was never repaired so she can't be very active or active for very long without pain. In short, her previous owner was an idiot and I'm more than happy to give her the best rest of her life possible. And, yes, she's cool with the cats though they've learned to fear her tail :)

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Butterscotch looks adorable!!

Luke and Leia ask who's next?

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
Your kitties are adorable, Laser Cow!
Here's Max:

Sorry for the bluriness, but all I have is a phone camera and it's hard to photograph a black kitty when it's moving all the time.
And meet Caroline(Yes, I'm bad at coming up with names)

She looks fat because one time we left her in the care of my grandma, who overfed her while we were gone. She's lost the excess weight a long time ago but there's still a lot of loose skin and it kind of flops around when she runs. It looks adorable though :3:

I'll have to get a photo of her fluffy belly, too :3:

GreyLondon
Jul 4, 2010
I adopted a blind, baby pigeon! Her name is Natasha 'Ray Charles' Pataki. :3:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

GreyLondon posted:

I adopted a blind, baby pigeon! Her name is Natasha 'Ray Charles' Pataki. :3:

How cool - would you be willing to talk about owning a pigeon in a thread?

And to not break rules:

Some Arthur

Arthur is dressed and ready for business. by Donrufie, on Flickr

Some Zoso

He refuses to look at the phone unless I have a treat. by Donrufie, on Flickr

He sure is a looker. by Donrufie, on Flickr

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
How about lesser hedgehog tenrecs? :)

Here is Mia:

And Joey.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Our new Doberman puppy Willow. :3:

Our first Velcro dog Rosie died unexpectedly this past winter:

After 6 months, it's now time to pass the torch to Velcro dog #2. We've only had her for a couple weeks and she already gets along with the other dogs, kids and other animals. She's still incredibly awkward since she's only 12 weeks old, she snuggles with the same cat on the couch that our riveter did.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Here is Scout. She is a Beagle / Brittany mix.

Here she is in a funny pose while running.

Here she is playing in the yard with my pibble mix. She was pretty mad that Isis took her stick.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Buddy the muttweiler taking a momentary break from being scared of things.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Burger is his name, and he is mine and my fiancee's new pug/boxer cross.

He's 5 months old, and we just got him from his old owners last week. He's still adjusting, and currently is in the "testing boundaries" mode of suddenly being a real jerk for no reason. He's quiet and chill one moment, barking/snarling/biting the next. Trying a couple different methods to get him to chill out, and up until now I've been trying that assertive/alpha male stuff. But a friend advised us to just ignore him in his outbursts/put him in his cage if he's being REAL bad, and only show attention when he's being a nice little doggie (which he can be!)

So we'll see how it goes.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

albany academy posted:

Trying a couple different methods to get him to chill out, and up until now I've been trying that assertive/alpha male stuff. But a friend advised us to just ignore him in his outbursts/put him in his cage if he's being REAL bad, and only show attention when he's being a nice little doggie (which he can be!)

So we'll see how it goes.

Good advice. Sounds like you could use some updated training tips. Alpha crap is super outdated.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Since we aren't exactly sure of Sasha's birthdate, only a rough estimate of the month she was born, we celebrated her birthday last week. My buying a turkey to cook for her turned into a full-blown party complete with ice cream cake, children and party hats.

Here's one from yesterday that I love.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Just Mindy with a banana for a hat.

Banana Dog by intrepid00, on Flickr

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This is Dozer.

I really like Dozer a lot.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

This is Daisy, she is OK I guess.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
My dog Suzy is 1 year old today.

She came to me as a tiny spud, only 4.5 weeks old.

We got her from my brother-in-law who lives in the middle of nowhere, works on a cattle farm and has pig dogs. My big sister and my mum pretty much stole her when they visited, because she was runty, had a bum leg and was going to be getting lead therapy as a result.

So she got to live with our old family dog Bob.

And eat tons of food.

She showed a dramatic improvement really quickly, and got cute as hell.

We worked hard on socializing her, getting her to puppy pre-school ASAP.

And taking her to the local dog park.

She grew up fast, and was soon as big as old Bob.

We taught her to read.

She taught herself how to climb/jump the fence.

Bob passed away in March.

Suzy has continued to grow and get better, she's been through a couple of obedience courses and is shaping up to be a great dog.

For now, she just wants me to let her at the birthday treats.

akubar45
Aug 10, 2012

i TOLD u dog
This is my cat mermaid. As you can see from her eyes, she has a case of heterochromia.
She's a bit of a weirdo, but very affectionate! :downswords:

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

My dog Suzy is 1 year old today.

<snip>

Suzy is a doll, and has the greatest ears. I *love* those ears.

Here's Mr. Bobo eating bulldicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BygByron3
Jan 10, 2005

It's not a picture, but here is a video of my Umbrella Cockatoo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl3bMOJDnVY

• Locked thread