Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh god.
It just dawned on me. Robot. Will he be jealous? :ohdear:

VVVV Right. :downs:

Azran fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Nah, he's got Shadow.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Azran posted:

Oh god.
It just dawned on me. Robot. Will he be jealous? :ohdear:

He's her prophet, not her suitor

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.
apologies if this has already been asked, I didn't see it in the past couple of pages, but does anyone know which chapter it is that paz alludes to (when they all snuck out together)? i can't remember off the top of my head and i dont want to read through the entire comic looking for it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

AntimatterSpork posted:

apologies if this has already been asked, I didn't see it in the past couple of pages, but does anyone know which chapter it is that paz alludes to (when they all snuck out together)? i can't remember off the top of my head and i dont want to read through the entire comic looking for it.

It's this one: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=900 ( http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=923 this is when Kat's nice to her).

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.

AntimatterSpork posted:

Chapter 34, Faraway Morning. But really a GC archive crawl isn't the worst thing you can spend your free time engaging in.

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.

SomniumObmutum posted:

Chapter 34, Faraway Morning. But really a GC archive crawl isn't the worst thing you can spend your free time engaging in.

thanks! and i agree, but the issue here is a lack of free time more so than a particular aversion to rereading the thing

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
the important thing here is that Kat got a love letter from another person. She is a higher order of being, and deserves better than an inefficient appliance

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I feel like the only thing I can add to this conversation is OH MER GAAAD :supaburn:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Dammit, Tom, this better end well, or I swear! I read fiction to distract me from my own problems, not just to see them with lesbians instead. :argh:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The interaction between Jack and Annie kind of bugged me in that chapter. Like she was apologizing for accidentally seducing him or something. It wasn't a huge deal, but the way it played out kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The interaction between Jack and Annie kind of bugged me in that chapter. Like she was apologizing for accidentally seducing him or something. It wasn't a huge deal, but the way it played out kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

the whole setup was an "elaborate" plot to get him to try to kiss her so she could turn him down, the whole point was that it was kinda silly and weird. it also (imo) showed a little bit of the forest bleeding into annie, the whole thing was very forest-logic

that is, its supposed to be kind of odd, because neither of them are entirely human anyway.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rotten Red Rod posted:

From a young teenagers thought point Annie's plan was probably sound and clever. Later on hindsight she realized how dumb it was. That's part of the reason why I like this comic so much. The actions of each character reflect their age very well and make sense in their mindsets. I can't wait for Friday. I hope Paz has some happy moments to level the stuff from before.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I really don't think it's going to end well for Paz. I mean, Kat reacted really strongly negatively to Paz thinking she was into girls. (Headband, occasional awkwardness around Annie) Confessions are tough to react to period. Add in that they're barely teenagers and Kat is uncomfortable with being thought gay and, yeah, no happy ending for Paz.

I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the other hand a horde of fans bearing torches and pitchforks may descend on his home Friday evening if Kat reacts badly so :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Tom I can't handle heartbreak here. Please no.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I really dig this one, has anyone claimed it?
Also this is it, this is the most adorable page in gunnerkrigg court.
Sadly now I'm just scared it's going to end in heartbreak, I don't think Kat is certain of her sexuality enough to actually think her answer through (which totally makes sense since she's like fourteen).

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I'm at the expo this weekend, are there any UK goons who want any merch/books but don't want to pay Topataco's international shipping? I'm already picking up at least three copies of Annie in the Forest for myself and my siblings. Cost to you would be cover price plus shipping, no markup or anything (that'd just be wrong)

LooseLeafTea
Oct 17, 2012

Well, what do you say?

Fatkraken posted:

I'm at the expo this weekend, are there any UK goons who want any merch/books but don't want to pay Topataco's international shipping? I'm already picking up at least three copies of Annie in the Forest for myself and my siblings. Cost to you would be cover price plus shipping, no markup or anything (that'd just be wrong)

YES yes yes please please :swoon:
I'd really love a copy of Annie in the Forest - I was hoping to get to the expo but I'm being hauled to an event Ooop North so I can't make it... I don't have PMs, would you like my email?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

LooseLeafTea posted:

YES yes yes please please :swoon:
I'd really love a copy of Annie in the Forest - I was hoping to get to the expo but I'm being hauled to an event Ooop North so I can't make it... I don't have PMs, would you like my email?

Email would be fine, I'll keep a list. For something as small as a single comicbook I can just buy it and take payment after expo. Also means if there's some kind of problem I don't have to faff about with refunds

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

That has to be one of my most favourite chapters ever. It's got a wonderful story telling motif, magnificent drawing and it's so much fun imagining Bill Bailey voicing Bud.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Fragrag posted:

That has to be one of my most favourite chapters ever. It's got a wonderful story telling motif, magnificent drawing and it's so much fun imagining Bill Bailey voicing Bud.

I dunno. It doesn't have this page, so I'm not sure I agree with you.

LooseLeafTea
Oct 17, 2012

Well, what do you say?

Fatkraken posted:

Email would be fine, I'll keep a list. For something as small as a single comicbook I can just buy it and take payment after expo. Also means if there's some kind of problem I don't have to faff about with refunds

edited for :tinfoil:

And thank you so much, you are a true humanitarian! :3:

Fragrag posted:

OH MY LAWD I will never not hear Bill Bailey as Bud now. You are so right!

LooseLeafTea fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 23, 2013

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Onean posted:

I dunno. It doesn't have this page, so I'm not sure I agree with you.

But it does have this page, so I think that balances out.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Tenebrais posted:

But it does have this page, so I think that balances out.

Haha, I totally forgot about the 40 cakes panel on this page. This is the best comic.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

LooseLeafTea posted:

Lemme know when you've got it and I'll edit this post cos :tinfoil:

Got it

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...

Prison Warden posted:

Haha, I totally forgot about the 40 cakes panel on this page. This is the best comic.

The horses faces on this page are so great. One of my favourite things about Tom's style is whether he's drawing something more serious or just drawing cartoon horse faces, he's brilliant.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Fragrag posted:

Bill Bailey voicing Bud

:stare: Brilliant!

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
*edit* sorry misread the post I was quoting

bouncyman fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 23, 2013

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
So I was just rereading the archives and other then being sweet and all does this this make anyone else slightly concerned for John's safety? :ohdear:

It's a bonus panel from this. Labeled "Twenty One years later".

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Cuchulain posted:

So I was just rereading the archives and other then being sweet and all does this this make anyone else slightly concerned for John's safety? :ohdear:

It's a bonus panel from this. Labeled "Twenty One years later".

Mostly I'm just thinking that 'John' from 19 hours later looks a lot like Winsbury the stableboy.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Mazerunner posted:

Mostly I'm just thinking that 'John' from 19 hours later looks a lot like Winsbury the stableboy.

Well, John is straight of each limb.

Also please don't bop me again avatar fairy, this was a gift. :ohdear:

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 23, 2013

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cuchulain posted:

It's possible they might just break up at some point. Not everyone spends the rest of their life with their high school sweetheart, even if they still like them.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Did I miss something or was there no comic today?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Zyla posted:

Did I miss something or was there no comic today?

Well given it's thursday today...

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

It's Thursday.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Gunnerkrigg moved to a 5 updates-a-week schedule I would probably be delirious with joy for a few days :allears:

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Tollymain posted:

If Gunnerkrigg moved to a 5 updates-a-week schedule I would probably be delirious with joy for a few daysever :allears:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ha. I didn't realize he did a 4 day schedule. Just always assumed 5. I'm a bad reader :O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zyla posted:

Ha. I didn't realize he did a 4 day schedule. Just always assumed 5. I'm a bad reader :O

Uh he does three day. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.