Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

Spamtron7000 posted:

Your priorities and wish lists will change. ... You'll start to weigh options you hadn't even thought about while window shopping.

Keep this particular bit in mind and accept that there's going to be some things that you won't even think about until after you've owned a home in the first place. For example:
  • Do they give you trash buckets/bins or do you have to buy/bring your own? Do they even allow buckets?
  • Is there pizza delivery in your area?
  • Is there dial-up/DSL/cable/FIOS in your area? Who's the provider(s)?
  • I want my TV/computer/refrigerator/giant fish tank in this area, are there enough/right types of plugs for it?
  • You decide you want a garden, but your house and backyard is under enough trees that the only valid place for a garden would be in the middle of the front lawn.
You're not going to think of everything until after you've owned a home or two, so focus on the big things you want the first time around and just make a list of things to rectify the next time you go house-shopping.

I miss pizza delivery the most. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
When we started house shopping we started making a list of all the little things like that and then put them into three categories. Need/Want/Luxury. It really helped put things into perspective when analyzing houses. In the end we ended up deciding to build new as it ended up filling the most of those things at the same price point as most of the homes we were looking at, plus we got to pick out all the little things. I'm glad we made the decision when we did too as the price of the home we're building has gone up about 10% since we went into contract.

On a side note, they just bulldozed our lot yesterday and my pre-construction meeting is next Wednesday. I'm really excited to see things start to take shape, even though it won't be done until September.

Mandals
Aug 31, 2004

Isn't it pretty to think so.
Made an offer yesterday 25K above list, and the sellers are not being particularly responsive. I know for a fact I'm coming in above the other 19 offers, so I told my realtor today they have until midnight tonight to make a decision, and then I'm rescinding. GAME ON MOTHERFUCKERS. I know it's a seller's market, but I'm also more than happy to walk away from this one so as far as I'm concerned I win either way.

On a side note, intriguing around real estate is fun.

EDIT - Just got a call from my realtor. Habemus dealem!

Mandals fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 17, 2013

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Mandals posted:

EDIT - Just got a call from my realtor. Habemus dealem!

Congrats! Did white smoke come out of the chimney?

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Just closed this morning. Funding is all in and the deed is being recorded this afternoon. The amounts of stress that are getting lifted since dropping off the cashier's check this morning is incredible. Here's the highlights of our fun little tale:

• It just so happened to work out that we wound up getting the first house we viewed. Technically before this one we walked through an open house HUD home without our realtor but that was on a whim while we were checking out a neighborhood and the house was a nasty busted nightmare and we had the :stonk: face as soon as we walked in, so it doesn't really count but certainly set the bar at what a fix'er-upper would have been like. But the first proper one we went though just happened to be it, and we knew by the end of that day and having viewed a few other respectable but not quite there alternatives. We went through a lot of soul searching and letting parents and siblings also view it to make sure we weren't being clueless newbies.
  • They had a buyer fall through with funding at the last minute in march and they had to put it back on the market. Upside: we had a motivated seller and very fair price, plus we were given a full inspection report from march that gave us a head start on or own inspection, plus they had already done a round of repairs for the other buyer so there really wan't a lot to push back on, in the end we had them fix two double-hung windows that had busted springs and that was it. Downside: they wanted a 5 day inspection period instead of 10, and our earnest money went hard after inspection, aka. they didn't want to get burned as badly as they did with the previous buyer. Not a bad tradeoff if you're serious about buying and have solid financing
  • We were initially going through our credit union for the mortgage as it just sort of made sense since we bank with them and generally like them. Well, their mortgage department did a little too good of a job of not really explicitly disclosing that they're a broker. We needed to close 30 days after the offer was accepted but when I went back to them they said whoa whoa whoa, we need 45 days because we have to send this out to lender X and have no guarantees of them getting it back to us within 30 days. I was a little furious that this wasn't explicitly communicated earlier on, but our realtor recommended a private lending company to go to directly and they wound up taking it and getting it all done within 30 days. They did our pre-qualification form on the same day we called them whereas our CU took over a week to turn around the same pre-qual document :psyduck:. Lesson learned: shop around for lenders and tease it out of them if they're a broker or a direct lender, don't just go with the first one who says you qualify. Also, don't get fooled by sales tactics, you'll request something like a pre-qualification document, a work sheet for origination charges and other estimates, and you'll send them a bunch of your documents for them to check you out. They'll start using language like "thank you for choosing us for your home loan" but you haven't chosen them, you are evaluating what they have to offer. That was an easy one for us to sort of overlook and forget about. Thankfully our realtor helped shake us out of it and let us realize we weren't beholden to any lender yet. We also got a .1% lower rate (and lower origination fees) out of the whole thing so if we were smart up front we would've taken the lender we are with now right from the start. It was just such a relief to have that first pre-qual document that it's easy to just go with it instead of rounding up a few more and really checking out your options.
  • If you're lucky enough to have a budget that allows you choose a down payment above some minimum, and once you've chosen a lender, it's important to scan their worksheet to see if they're tacking any of the closing costs back into the loan amount. It's handy to do that when you're on a tight budget and the closing costs are threaten to push you into the red, definitely. But if you are budgeting to cover the down payment and all expected closings, then make sure the loan amount is exactly for the portion of the purchase price that your down payment isn't covering. It's one of those things where 90% of people in that spot won't notice a couple thousand in closing fees getting rolled into the loan (or just assume it has to work that way), and for the lender that's some easy extra interest to collect on. In our case we were comfortable putting 8% down and had another ~5% behind it to cover closing costs plus a moving in budget. They put us at 8% down but initially the loan amount was for around 93.5% due to closing fees added back in. We just asked them to keep the loan amount strictly at 92% and that we would pay all those fees, well, about 4 hours ago today. I guess you have to give them one free pass at trying to fatten their margin, they took it off without a fuss, but I'm sure were happy to leave it in the other 90% of the time when nobody says anything.
  • My wife is a canadian citizen here on a 3 year TN-1 work visa (NAFTA-based, among the easiest visas to get) which expires next month. Meanwhile we've applied for her green card and intend to transition to that. The problem is we don't have all that documentation back yet (The visa takes forever, but there's interim documents that we should get in the next couple weeks) and that makes it tough to prove she'll remain eligible to work after the TN-1 expires. All this to say it became a problem during underwriting, and if you've never navigated the fun world of US immigration BOY HOWDY is it that a treat. Eventually we figured out what all was needed to satisfy the book keeping (copy of marriage license & documents with our green card case #, plus my income alone would qualify for the loan amount but we either needed to prove hers or strike it from all the documents). Our loan agent and the underwriter had never really encountered a corner case like ours (where my wife's immigration status is in a transition) but was a rockstar in figuring out what was needed from a bureaucratic perspective. A high point in stress because it was never discovered this would be a problem until it came time to do the loan docs.
  • Slept poorly last night, had nightmares where we had moved in and all this impossible, unexpected poo poo started happening. The living room dimensions were suddenly like 1/3 what we thought they were, so the couch was longer than any wall so it had to go in at an angle kind of in the middle of the room, the doorways were lowered so i was at risk of hitting my head any time I entered or left a room, the kitchen was abysmally small and only one person could stand in it at all, one of the steps on the stairway was on the verge of completely caving in, both our cars couldn't physically fit in the 2-car garage, etc. And each time we'd encounter one of these major problems it was as though we should have known all along but just never noticed it on the multiple visits we took to it over the past month. "Gah crap! The living room is 4' by 6.5' why didn't we NOTICE THAT?!?" as we're trying to drag furniture into it, fun stuff like that. Thanks a lot, brain.

All in all though it has actually gone smoothly, just a few stress points of having to think fast and act fast, some due to us being new and naive to all this, others to our situation being a little unique at parts. But in the end we're getting a great house for a great price, our total month to month overhead is 15% less than the rent we're paying now (and we already cover all utilities at the house we're renting so no nominal changes on that front), and I am so going to ditch work to pick up the keys as soon as I get the call.

Then it's on to the next chapter: Pre-move in efforts (painting, etc), the big move, and then an endless cascade of homeowner projects and HOA subservience!

E: Wanted to thank everyone for this thread. I've been lurking it on and off for a few months now and it's definitely been a huge help. There's so many moving parts and so many considerations large and small to take in that seeing other's experience along with advice from people who work in various parts of the whole business really goes a long way.

Edit x2: All done! Home sweet home. Here's the front profile, with the address boxed out for :tinfoil:

And the back yard. You can tell it's been un-kept for the last couple months, but a little weed pulling and so on and it's got a lot of potential. (I also forgot to take off flash and didn't notice til I left)

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 18, 2013

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
My wife and I are moving back to TN from LA after living in Louisiana for the last two years. Bought a house, got out of it just fine with company relocation, no big deal. Had 3 things on the punch list before closing, one of which was putting about 3 feet of foam insulation on a pipe. My wife ensured me she could take care of it (I'm away for work), rather than hiring a handy man. On her way to insulate the pipe in the attic, she stepped through the loving ceiling, blew out about a 3x3 block of drywall two weeks before closing...

Do never buy, indeed.

-_-

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I closed on my condo today and started moving in. Found out my parking lot gate opener doesn't work, even with new batteries. Also found a sizeable chip in my laminate bamboo floor. Other than that, the place is in great shape and I am looking forward to making it my own!

First project: repaint the bedroom to a non-bold-pink color.

Mandals
Aug 31, 2004

Cocoa Ninja posted:

Congrats! Did white smoke come out of the chimney?

No, but my wallet spontaneously detonated. Actually, I have a question: is it considered acceptable to ask to see it again before closing so I can take some measurements and bring in an architect friend to help me scope it?

EDIT - I'm a moron. I just realized I'll be there for the inspection and can take measurements then.

Mandals fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 18, 2013

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Closed Wednesday. Mostly moved in today. Over/under before I discover something terribly wrong with the house that is unforeseen?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Closed Wednesday. Mostly moved in today. Over/under before I discover something terribly wrong with the house that is unforeseen?

I started noticing little things within 24 hours

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Checking back in from a couple pages ago with House-Poor Trainwreck Schadenfreude Theater:

Sister and bro-in-law couldn't buy their $750k condo, but not because their income / assets don't even remotely qualify them for it. Rather because the builder is being sued by the HOA and nobody wants to lend to purchasers because of potential legal ramifications!

So instead they've found a nice, 200 square foot smaller (at 1275 now) condo. For $665k. Woo! I can't wait to visit :allears:

And again. This is provided they can ever qualify for a $450k+ mortgage or justify payments of probably 50% of their net monthly income. But hey: sister is selling her car to get some liquidity. Surely someone will pay for her frame-damaged 5 year old G35 coupe.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Seller signed the contract and it was finalized this weekend! I got super lucky - this house was in amazing shape and my family happened to be the first to see it because everyone else earlier in the day had to cancel or didn't show. This is in a market where in one day a home has multiple offers and a few are always cash from an investor. My realtor got stuck behind a horrible traffic accident and by the time they showed up we had already connected with the family and were swapping life stories, hah. They liked us a lot, stopped taking offers and we all set up a contract in a day. Speaking with a lender I plan on using who does everything in-house (including appraisals), financing is looking like it will be a slam dunk (20% down, highest credit range). Now we'll just see if the inspection bears out! The sellers were real humble DIY types and took us around and showed us the faults and history of work done to the place so I have my fingers crossed. My total monthly payment is estimated at 33% of my monthly income, and I'll have a roommate basically knocking my payment down to less than my car. God, I hope it all works out...

Damnskippy
Oct 7, 2003
My fiance and I finally had an offer accepted after losing five houses to all-cash investor competition. The only reason we think we got this one is that the seller's agent opted not to hold an open house and generally left almost no opportunity for potential buyers to actually view the property (we had to go on the way to a Mother's Day celebration).

We just did the inspection and uncovered a number of issues that in aggregate point the the owner being the kind of guy who takes ill-advised shortcuts in order to save money on repairs. How much input can we have on who does the repairs we've requested in our inspection addendum? Is it at all common for buyers in our position to add their own funds to improve the quality of the repairs or even turn them in to upgrades? Our biggest worry is that we are going to end up with shoddy fixes that technically meet our requirements, but will bite us in the rear end a year or two down the road.

Aside from that, we're pretty psyched about finding a place and that buying isn't too financially irresponsible. We have enough in savings to bring the loan below the conforming limit and either of our salaries can easily cover the payment going forward.

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Congratulations on the closing!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Apparently those lovely plastic towel rods can be replaced by equally lovely (but new!) plastic towel rods, with a simple application of a saw.

In related news, my wife is willing to put towels on towel rods, and my hand muscles are slightly cramped.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Damnskippy posted:

Our biggest worry is that we are going to end up with shoddy fixes that technically meet our requirements, but will bite us in the rear end a year or two down the road.
This is basically every inspection fix.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Damnskippy posted:

My fiance and I finally had an offer accepted after losing five houses to all-cash investor competition. The only reason we think we got this one is that the seller's agent opted not to hold an open house and generally left almost no opportunity for potential buyers to actually view the property (we had to go on the way to a Mother's Day celebration).

We just did the inspection and uncovered a number of issues that in aggregate point the the owner being the kind of guy who takes ill-advised shortcuts in order to save money on repairs. How much input can we have on who does the repairs we've requested in our inspection addendum? Is it at all common for buyers in our position to add their own funds to improve the quality of the repairs or even turn them in to upgrades? Our biggest worry is that we are going to end up with shoddy fixes that technically meet our requirements, but will bite us in the rear end a year or two down the road.

Aside from that, we're pretty psyched about finding a place and that buying isn't too financially irresponsible. We have enough in savings to bring the loan below the conforming limit and either of our salaries can easily cover the payment going forward.

Congratulations on the closing!

You could always just ask for money instead and then do the fixes however you want

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Jose Valasquez posted:

You could always just ask for money instead and then do the fixes however you want
If the market in his location is as hot as it seems, they will probably tell him to pound sand regardless.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Jose Valasquez posted:

Yeah asking for a credit at closing is a common way to make sure poo poo gets done the way you want it (since you'll be the one doing it). If you want to go the :effort: route, you can even go get estimates from contractors to back up the amount you are asking for.

Be prepared for the seller to just tell you to gently caress off though.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
"...all work to be completed by a licensed contractor."

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

"...all work to be completed by a licensed contractor."

That was the clause in my inspection contingency, and I ended up with 4 receipts from different places showing the work was done.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Unless you do the work yourself all licensed contractors (some states don't license contractors anyway) work is shoddy. Welcome to home ownership! Have you not ever seen a home renovation show on TV? Every house has some major defect either from start or from repairs. I look for a properly installed foundation and assume the rest will need to be torn down.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
I don't know if this is even possible, can somebody advise? First time looker/ buyer/ etc here.

So I found a house I like, but there's something that's just out of place/ bad to me. The house itself is ok except for the patio exit. Instead of a sliding pair of double doors, there's a shoddy looking swinging door and there's this very ugly very short window that goes across the room that's too high to normally see out of (its at my eye level and I'm 6ft, and its only like 1 - 1 1/2 ft high but 6ft across. This is a completely new home, nobody's ever been here. I suspect the reason for no sliding door is the window (it wouldn't actually fit both).

So my question is: Can I ask the builder to unfuck this wall (Is it even in the realm of possiblities)? If not, can I use this to leverage a lower price to hire someone to do it for me (should I even bother or drop the house)? For reference, the ground hasn't yet been graded nor the patio block poured. Its still in the being polished off phase. I'd really like to get sliding doors plus some normal cranking windows because there's a view of the community area (A nice little pond) that you can only see from this very short window which you can't see while sitting on a couch. I also want a sliding door because I want something I can put a lockable screen on while having my pet out and not worry about the escape risk.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Sounds like you need to look at more houses unless there is just an absolute dearth of things on the market wherever you are.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
There is, but I will probably keep looking then.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Wozbo posted:

I don't know if this is even possible, can somebody advise? First time looker/ buyer/ etc here.

So I found a house I like, but there's something that's just out of place/ bad to me. The house itself is ok except for the patio exit. Instead of a sliding pair of double doors, there's a shoddy looking swinging door and there's this very ugly very short window that goes across the room that's too high to normally see out of (its at my eye level and I'm 6ft, and its only like 1 - 1 1/2 ft high but 6ft across. This is a completely new home, nobody's ever been here. I suspect the reason for no sliding door is the window (it wouldn't actually fit both).

So my question is: Can I ask the builder to unfuck this wall (Is it even in the realm of possiblities)? If not, can I use this to leverage a lower price to hire someone to do it for me (should I even bother or drop the house)? For reference, the ground hasn't yet been graded nor the patio block poured. Its still in the being polished off phase. I'd really like to get sliding doors plus some normal cranking windows because there's a view of the community area (A nice little pond) that you can only see from this very short window which you can't see while sitting on a couch. I also want a sliding door because I want something I can put a lockable screen on while having my pet out and not worry about the escape risk.

You might get a blank stare but it never hurts to ask. Anything is possible.

Damnskippy
Oct 7, 2003
Thanks everyone. I clearly need to watch more home renovation shows. We'll see what the seller's agent comes back with today.

gvibes posted:

If the market in his location is as hot as it seems, they will probably tell him to pound sand regardless.

Our home inspector said this almost verbatim, and it is a distinct possibility. My personal opinion is that the only thing keeping this from happening is uncertainty on the part of the seller because he only got two offers in a market where 10+ escalating offers is common. It also helps a little that another property just came up for sale a few hundred feet away. This new one listed for $20,000 less and has a finished basement.

Honestly, I'll be fine with moving forward with the purchase even if they tell us to gently caress off on all but one of the repairs.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Wozbo posted:

Is this an inventory build for a new home builder or something? If so it's pretty unlikely they would do anything, especially because their plans are already in an approved and they'd have to re-do the plans and get them re-approved which would cost more money. My guess is they did it the way it is so they could run a much smaller an cheaper header across that wall.

ntd
Apr 17, 2001

Give me a sandwich!

Wozbo posted:

Builders don't like structural changes usually. The builder I built with has some plans with windows like that, they are there to let in some natural light but keep it private, often there is an option for a fireplace or something below it or it is there to stick a media center under. If you can get a copy of the option sheet you can see what other options they would have had there, but they probably won't do the structural ones at this point, this seems to be one area they are pretty firm on and I can understand why.

Since they are a builder...you could just build that plan. Make sure you look around for a while first though, if you do want to build there look at houses that are for sale, even just open houses, to get a feel for how they were built

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Despite finally getting out of our money pit only 6 months ago my wife has found the prefect new money pit for us in our new city. It only costs 70k more then our old house despite being a condo.

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

sbaldrick posted:

despite being a condo.

Man, if you're using those words, I wouldn't even consider a condo. I bought a condo because gently caress houses, I don't want to deal with a yard and I like downtown life. If you prefer houses, you will always be unhappy with your expensive condo.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I'm unhappy with the price of houses and Condo's where I live, not the fact that it's a Condo. I love that it's a Condo with it's no yard, but it's not downtown sadly which I am unhappy with.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Dear TFR house buyers ITT:

I am moved into my new house.

It is pretty awesome.

Okay that's all.

Thanks again everyone for their help!

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Oh man, I have done a lot of drugs but the buzz from submitting our first offer on a house we love is the most manic feeling I've ever had. I feel like screaming or something.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

BossRighteous posted:

Oh man, I have done a lot of drugs but the buzz from submitting our first offer on a house we love is the most manic feeling I've ever had. I feel like screaming or something.

Wait until it is accepted, that's a whole new feeling!

Mandals
Aug 31, 2004

So, I'm trying to lock in a rate, but the bond market keeps going up. I can get a rate at 4.1% now, but I was closer to 3.75% a few weeks ago. Should I just pull the trigger? It effectively breaks out to around $80 more a month with the difference.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Mandals posted:

So, I'm trying to lock in a rate, but the bond market keeps going up. I can get a rate at 4.1% now, but I was closer to 3.75% a few weeks ago. Should I just pull the trigger? It effectively breaks out to around $80 more a month with the difference.

There are a gajillion people across the globe who get paid to try to predict how markets will move. They have almost never been unanimous and correct simultaneously. It's really anyone's guess whether this is a brief bump or the beginning of a years long trend.

That said, I locked my rate last week :ohdear:

Economic Sinkhole
Mar 14, 2002
Pillbug
We just accepted an offer on my girlfriend's condo. It was on the market for 24 hours and the offer is over asking price. We're simultaneously overjoyed and panicked about it not appraising. The last couple of days have been a real roller coaster. Do never sell.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Waiting to see how the inspection goes tomorrow on the house. Just read an article talking about how South Florida house prices in certain counties are already getting close to 2008 levels. To give you an idea of how tight it has been - the news here reports that last month 52% of all home sales and 80% of condo sales were cash deals. Mostly from investors, hedge funds, etc. Finding a home you like and managing to actually snag it is really difficult right now down here.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All the investment buyers are really annoying. I would pay such good money for a guarantee of what the market is going to be like this time next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

We just got under contract on a home for 163k. The inventories were flying so fast we just put in a 161 offer on the first one that felt right, they countered to 163 and we bit.

The agent was a bit concerned about appraisal coming back at offer price. It's a 2 story 4 br (165 asking) without any good comp references so it was hard to tell. It seems like the investors buying up stock is loving up the whole asking/appraisal value ratio at the moment. Regardless, we are happy with the cost/perceived value unless the inspection comes back with something majorly messed up or the appraisal is way off. It's an affordable payment on a 15yr fixed, so even with maintenance costs I feel like its a good time to buy instead of rent. It's already desert landscaped so we have no retarded lawn-watering needs (in Phoenix).

We've got 10 days and only put in 1k of earnest money, so we are going to do 3-4 more viewings to see if we can't get a better deal now that some of the pressure to act fast is off.

It's less stressful to look at houses when we have a good fallback already. Either we get a house we want, or we get a house we want more. Exciting times!