Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Stottie Kyek posted:

I love that the gnomes are just standing around, smiling, being a perfectly inoffensive gay couple and just holding hands, and everyone else is looking at them like "oh god gay gnomes moral collapse".

I like how the GAY GNOME on the right has had its eyebrows drawn on afterwards with a different pen, like they looked at the finished cartoon and thought "wait this is too sympathetic" and decided to add in some hint of sinister militancy

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
In fairness, a look of perplexed shock is really the only expression he can draw other than those belonging to labored caricatures of specific people. And, apparently, vengeful gay militancy.

e: SINISTER GNOMOSEXUALS COME TO LIFE, SEEK SPECIAL RIGHTS

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 21, 2013

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

drat, those guys are rad as hell :3:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Is it a treasonable offence to draw the queen as a puckered arsehole?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

A reference to this sketch. Dedicated to Eddie Braben, a writer for Morecambe and Wise.

Independent:

Referencing Stevie Smith's poem, Not Waving But Drowning.

Daily Mail:

"A&E units around Britain are near to breaking down due to huge queues."

quote:

“To be honest, Doctor. I’ve queued for four hours to talk about my stress, not yours.”
[Stress is neither an accident nor an emergency! See your GP! :argh:]

Express:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Daily Mail:

"A&E units around Britain are near to breaking down due to huge queues."

[Stress is neither an accident nor an emergency! See your GP! :argh:]

This is actually a good cartoon. One of the biggest strains on A&E units is people coming in who aren't in need of emergency treatment.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Why yes I'm a Tory I wear a massive blue rosette with a C on it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

BastardySkull posted:

Why yes I'm a Tory I wear a massive blue rosette with a C on it.

I'm OK with this. :godwinning:

Guardian:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Who will be first to do a cartoon of today's terror video with "MULTICULTURALISM" written across the corpse's back?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

If cartoons!

(last one of this weeks IF will be out later.)

Telegraph:

Indy:

Express:

Tomorrow's (well todays now since its 00:35) will be up in the next 4 hours on the sites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22613209
Coalition will go the distance, say Cameron and Clegg.
David Cameron has sought to reassert his authority after a weeks of damaging rows by insisting the coalition will stay together until the 2015 election.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 23, 2013

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

SedanChair posted:

Who will be first to do a cartoon of today's terror video with "MULTICULTURALISM" written across the corpse's back?

:smithcloud: I think the whole horrific story broke too late for today's cartoons.

EDIT: Beaten!

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Fluo posted:

Express:

Clegg wears rosettes to work (because he won't be winning another election ha ha?) and I swear it looks like "Cameron" is reaching for his arse...

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Fluo posted:

Express:

Why's there the mysterious figure hanging out in the bushes?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Niric posted:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Niric posted:

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Maybe it's Jeremy Hunt. http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/iainmartin1/100153447/the-night-i-saw-jeremy-hunt-hide-behind-a-tree-before-dinner-with-james-murdoch/

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

Yesterday's Daily Mail:

"An NHS health chief has suggested that instead of trying to see your GP you should Email him."

quote:

‘Has the doctor replied to your email yet, mate?’

And now: :smithcloud:

Guardian:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Daily Mail:

"A soldier has been hacked to death on the street in London by terrorists."

quote:

AN EVEN MORE UNITED KINGDOM

Express:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cloud Potato posted:

Daily Mail:

gently caress I hope HfH take action against the Mail for this.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I didn't realize every hog that gets turned into bacon and ham is a hero.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Daily Mail:

Where to, Daily Mail?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Is the bird in this one a vulture?

e: also are those the WTC towers in the background? nevar 4get

neck face
Mar 13, 2009

closed casket

Is everyone here melting or something? Has this guy ever actually seen another human being?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

neck face posted:

Is everyone here melting or something? Has this guy ever actually seen another human being?
Note how they all have medals on their loving backs, because he is a hack and possibly meant for them to be facing towards the viewer before realising that meant they'd be turning their back on the tomb.

Cloud Potato posted:

Daily Mail:

Holy poo poo, that is loving awful. The BNP and EDL have apparently fraudulently used the H4H brand to raise funds for themselves in the past, so I'd imagine H4H would have something to say about a purported connection.

SedanChair posted:

I didn't realize every hog that gets turned into bacon and ham is a hero.
Is this just ASAB or am I missing something?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kegluneq posted:

Note how they all have medals on their loving backs, because he is a hack and possibly meant for them to be facing towards the viewer before realising that meant they'd be turning their back on the tomb.

You're complaining about a logo on the back of a t-shirt, which is analogous to being invited to a banquet then eating the candles.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mr. Squishy posted:

You're complaining about a logo on the back of a t-shirt, which is analogous to being invited to a banquet then eating the candles.
I think it's pretty well established that those cartoons are always a clusterfuck, that particular example of shittiness just stuck out though. It is based on a Help for Heroes logo, but they don't put it on the back of their t-shirts because that's loving stupid.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yes they do.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

They also do one with a huge logo on the back too

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Well I'll be damned. They have a really loving stupid t-shirt.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Kegluneq posted:

Well I'll be damned. They have a really loving stupid t-shirt.

They're a really loving stupid jingoistic imperialist poo poo alternative to the British Legion charity, to be fair.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

mrpwase posted:

They're a really loving stupid jingoistic imperialist poo poo alternative to the British Legion charity, to be fair.

Please tell me Erskine aren't poo poo, because I've done fundraising for them before :ohdear:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

mrpwase posted:

You see other weird takes on the concept round here, Aid for Angels or whatever. I can't help but feel they're EDL-related in some way. Help for Heroes does seem to be legit, but spreading the concept beyond the British Legion is redundant.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

Martin Rowson on the US drone debate.
US president Barack Obama has asked Congress to establish a special court or board to authorise legal drone actions by the military.

Stephen Collins!

Telegraph:

Indy:

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

Reminds me of this classic election campaign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJyPsmEask

Also Rawson :monocle:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Fluo posted:

Martin Rowson on the US drone debate.
US president Barack Obama has asked Congress to establish a special court or board to authorise legal drone actions by the military.

This is really amazing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Observer:

Yesterday's Sunday Telegraph:

Guardian:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Express:

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Lol the Express consistently at odds with what is going on in the real world.

I like Riddell's execution but the message is pretty naff.

Also Adams is loving poo poo.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I can't tell if Riddell is saying they undermined their own message, or that everyone else is drowning it out. I'm guessing the former but it honestly could be going either way.

And what kind of bird is that, looming above the treeline in the far distance? Is it a T-Rex? Does the queen know Unix systems?

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

BastardySkull posted:

I like Riddell's execution but the message is pretty naff.

On the plus side, surprisingly fewer labels than I would expect!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

baka kaba posted:

I can't tell if Riddell is saying they undermined their own message, or that everyone else is drowning it out. I'm guessing the former but it honestly could be going either way.

I thought it was fairly obviously the former. It doesn't matter what they said, they washed it out with blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

I have to say I'm impressed with these cartoons. In the light of a recent tragedy it takes some guts to effectively say that there may be some underlying resentment which causes this radicalisation, resentment which has some merit. I haven't seen many voices in the media willing to draw attention to this, so it is good to see the cartoonists doing so, and in brutal form as usual.

• Locked thread