Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

He replaced the rear tyre as well, probably from burnouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Gweenz posted:

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/mcy/3793065532.html

Haven't called this guy yet, but why would a belt and sprocket be replaced on a bike with 2400 miles?

It probably ate some road debris or a disintegrating tire. Sucks for him, the belts and sprockets aren't cheap on those Vstars. And I think you have to take off the swing arm to replace the belt.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

SF Bay Yamaha XT 600 for $800: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/3799581336.html

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

clutchpuck posted:

It probably ate some road debris or a disintegrating tire. Sucks for him, the belts and sprockets aren't cheap on those Vstars. And I think you have to take off the swing arm to replace the belt.

That or a dealer hoodwinked him. I don't see a 950 Toure` owner doing a lot of burnouts and I can't think why otherwise the bike would've already needed a new tire. Never hurts to ask.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

150cc trike - $750 (seattle (ballard)) posted:

150 cc trike for sale. it has under 130 miles on it. runs great but has a flat tire. i had a bunch of plans for it but never got around to it, now its just collecting dust. i am asking 750 firm.

Awe yeahh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

At least it looks better than the Big Ruckus.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
2010 Triumph street triple r - $4150 (tucson)
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/3790477277.html

Yeah, it's got a dent in the tank and a bunch of miles but...

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

2010 Triumph street triple r - $4150 (tucson)
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/3790477277.html

Yeah, it's got a dent in the tank and a bunch of miles but...

Gah, fake bullet holes? This guy has all the taste of a halfwit 11-year old.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

First time I've seen one of these for sale even remotely locally. A little too rich for impulse purchase price, but be damned if I don't want it. Supposedly the best of the :krad: 80s Turbo bikes.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

slidebite posted:

First time I've seen one of these for sale even remotely locally. A little too rich for impulse purchase price, but be damned if I don't want it. Supposedly the best of the :krad: 80s Turbo bikes.

Most Yanks view Canada as a magical wonderland of cheery folk dancing blithely through forests to catch the short bus; which ferries them to the Maple Syrup Factory, Free Medical Clinics and Mounty Moose Rides.

Naming towns "Medicine Hat" is definitely not helping.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Most Yanks view Canada as a magical wonderland of cheery folk dancing blithely through forests to catch the short bus; which ferries them to the Maple Syrup Factory, Free Medical Clinics and Mounty Moose Rides.

See also: Moose Jaw, Dildo (plus South Dildo), Saint-Louis-du-Ha!-Ha!.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Most people actually figure (correctly so) it's based on native indian culture (a-la medicine man). Can't say I even considered anyone would think of it any other way but I guess so.

SketchyEtch
Mar 9, 2013
Ducati 750 SS 1993 - $2950 (san jose west)

Why have I not bought this yet? I like how every Ducati SS posting comes with a complimentary Hunter S Thompson - Song of the Sausage Creature
link.

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube."

SketchyEtch fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 19, 2013

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

slidebite posted:

Most people actually figure (correctly so) it's based on native indian culture (a-la medicine man). Can't say I even considered anyone would think of it any other way but I guess so.

Heheh I assumed that was the case. At least you guys have the decency to translate the phrase, rather than just take the word or tribe's name and use it to christen your various territories and attack helicopters :v:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's more fun listening to people try to pronounce Sequim and Sammamish though. :v:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Anyone who played Killer Instinct has that covered. :colbert:

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/3810000007.html

Want this so bad, I don't think its work 12.5k though.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
http://tig.gg/listing.php?lid=17585

If I wasn't about to get taken off the road for a couple of months...

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Slim Pickens posted:

It's more fun listening to people try to pronounce Sequim and Sammamish though. :v:

I've not heard it, but some people apparently pronounce Puyallup incorrectly. Also, how do you get kluh-hoy-yuh out of Klahowya?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Tukwila is a fermented agave spirit, right?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Pope Mobile posted:

I've not heard it, but some people apparently pronounce Puyallup incorrectly. Also, how do you get kluh-hoy-yuh out of Klahowya?

It's like how Worcestershire is pronounces "wooster-shire". Its like they just stopped saying parts of the middle because it was just too much.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
At least I got to say "KlaHOW ya doin? :haw:"

My school was terrible.

E: Thought I was in the cycle pictures thread.

This is a motorcycle:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BusinessWallet
Sep 13, 2005
Today has been the most perfect day I have ever seen
My buddy is selling this : http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/3776337006.html

He offered to sell it to me for 3700. I've ridden it a few times and I know that it's in good shape, he barely ever rides it. Probably the best sounding supersport I've ever heard/ridden.

Since he offered to sell it to me for 3700, and I've been wanting to upgrade to an i4 600 for a while, so I put my SV650 up for sale: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3810109037.html and I've gotten a lot of interest, all cash offers at my asking price.

Do you guys think it's worth it to pay 3700 for my buddy's ZX6R?

I also found this: http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/3769093929.html and the guy said he'd take 4100, which isn't too bad. I like the swingarm on the 05, but I'm not sure if there are any other huge improvements over the 03.

BusinessWallet fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 21, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'd probably see if your buddy would go cheaper, considering 400 bucks will get you a 2 year newer bike. he's smoking dope on that price. Both bikes are great, the 05 is a bit better, one of my favorite all around 600s.

BusinessWallet
Sep 13, 2005
What's a good offer? I live in Philly and my buddy lives in Albany NY, he offered to ride it down here and take the bus home, so that was a nice perk. He knows it's not worth 4800, I think he paid 4400 for it when he bought it two years ago, he's just trying to avoid lowballing.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Probably somewhere in the low 3s, given that newer bike for a few hundred more.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
Listing for 10% over it's value is a lowball buffer. Listing for %50 over it's value is going to drive away any interest, since having to negotiate the bike down to it's true value is going to be too much work for the buyer.

Shopping for motorcycles on Craigslist in the spring is the absolute worst way to purchase a bike. I'm always on the lookout so I called a guy on an ad the other day, listing was for bike in "good condition". I get there (30 mile drive) and it's unwashed, and has not been run in 2 years. Sigh. So I grab my multimeter and....no battery. No problem, I have a battery with me, so I ask if it's ok with him if I hook it up and we try to start the bike. He says ok, but wait, I ask if the gas was drained when it was parked....no of course it wasn't. My patience is at end, no way am I going to try to start it with dirty gas, so I tell him the best I can do is offer him a non-running bike price, which was more than generous. He gets a little pissed at me and says, "Well if there was interest in it I was going to get it running for the buyer, but I wasn't sure if anyone was going to call on it."

At this point I was no longer interested in dealing with him so I laid my cards on the table, and gave him advice on the best way to sell the bike. All he has to do is get the bike running and it will sell, his price was right (for a running bike) he was just misrepresenting it. I recommend only working with dealerships until July. You can get a much better deal on a noncurrent new bike than a used one this time of year.

BusinessWallet
Sep 13, 2005

Gweenz posted:

Listing for 10% over it's value is a lowball buffer. Listing for %50 over it's value is going to drive away any interest, since having to negotiate the bike down to it's true value is going to be too much work for the buyer.

Shopping for motorcycles on Craigslist in the spring is the absolute worst way to purchase a bike. I'm always on the lookout so I called a guy on an ad the other day, listing was for bike in "good condition". I get there (30 mile drive) and it's unwashed, and has not been run in 2 years. Sigh. So I grab my multimeter and....no battery. No problem, I have a battery with me, so I ask if it's ok with him if I hook it up and we try to start the bike. He says ok, but wait, I ask if the gas was drained when it was parked....no of course it wasn't. My patience is at end, no way am I going to try to start it with dirty gas, so I tell him the best I can do is offer him a non-running bike price, which was more than generous. He gets a little pissed at me and says, "Well if there was interest in it I was going to get it running for the buyer, but I wasn't sure if anyone was going to call on it."

At this point I was no longer interested in dealing with him so I laid my cards on the table, and gave him advice on the best way to sell the bike. All he has to do is get the bike running and it will sell, his price was right (for a running bike) he was just misrepresenting it. I recommend only working with dealerships until July. You can get a much better deal on a noncurrent new bike than a used one this time of year.

I really only have about 4K to throw around, so dealership isn't really an option. I was particularly interested in my friend's ZX because I know it's a reliable bike that has been well taken care of, and I'm sure he's willing to work out a better deal.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

BusinessWallet posted:

I really only have about 4K to throw around, so dealership isn't really an option. I was particularly interested in my friend's ZX because I know it's a reliable bike that has been well taken care of, and I'm sure he's willing to work out a better deal.

Not trying to rag on you, or your friend. Just venting frustrations, really. Besides, your SV650 is priced correctly :)

BusinessWallet
Sep 13, 2005
Thanks man. I hate dealing with haggling, all that poo poo pisses me off. Just price it for what you want to sell it for, and tell people that's what you want.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

BusinessWallet posted:

Thanks man. I hate dealing with haggling, all that poo poo pisses me off. Just price it for what you want to sell it for, and tell people that's what you want.

Exactly! Price it neither low nor high, and both parties walk away happy with a minimum of hassle. Here is an example of having no clue how to sell a motorcycle (I've been looking for a reasonably priced M50):

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/mcy/3795428325.html

Not that Blue Book means much, but KBB says $3500. He's been advertising it for at least 2 months. He will never, ever, sell that motorcycle because it's priced at a point higher than anyone with any knowledge is willing to go, and high enough that a new rider is going to look towards buying something new from the dealer. I don't mind haggling a little but I can't call him up and make an offer when the highest I'm willing to go is around $3200. He's also missing his spring window. I don't know, maybe the wife wants him to sell it so he prices it out of reach?

BusinessWallet
Sep 13, 2005
Yeah, I feel like a lot of these listings are just ridiciulously high because of some other reason, maybe they don't want to actually sell the bike. That bike you posted particularly, there's nothing really listed about it, so seems like he's not a motivated seller.

I found another ZX: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3812041286.html I'm not sure what to offer this guy, but he said he'd sell it for 4600, which still seems a tad high, but not too bad.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie

BusinessWallet posted:

Yeah, I feel like a lot of these listings are just ridiciulously high because of some other reason, maybe they don't want to actually sell the bike. That bike you posted particularly, there's nothing really listed about it, so seems like he's not a motivated seller.

I found another ZX: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3812041286.html I'm not sure what to offer this guy, but he said he'd sell it for 4600, which still seems a tad high, but not too bad.

I know a lot of guys that list their bikes that they'd be OK with upgrading but are just as content to sit on for another season at huge prices in the Spring. They're taking the long shot that somebody will see their used bike, with the perfect color, perfect mods, acceptable level of mileage, and be OK at paying well over KBB or any other rational amount for that. specific. bike.

A couple of them have sold unexpectedly for close to ridiculous asking prices, and turned into a neat down-payment on some 10k+ bike they figured they would never be able to afford.

As a totally unmotivated seller with loads of very motivated buyers, sometimes magic things happen in the Spring. Listing on CL is free and ignoring totally bogus e-mails takes a few moments of your time. Worthwhile investment of effort and time to see if you can make a couple K higher than you honestly expected to a whole bunch of people. I also know a bunch of people hunt for those 1/2 price motivated seller specials the week of xmas and do nothing but sit and wait until spring to make a few k a throw. Seasonal machines like these are a surprisingly safe investment if you play your cards right and don't expect to make millions.

Halo_4am fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 23, 2013

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Yeah, I'm making the mistake of trying to buy a cheap Ninjette on Craigslist in Chicago in the Spring. So far I've contacted a couple buyers and may be going today or tomorrow to look at a bike or two. We'll see how it goes.

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
http://toledo.craigslist.org/mcy/3788941694.html

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Oh man that'd be a lot of fun as a trackbike or a streetfighter.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

That is the ugliest bike I've seen in quite a long time.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

Oh man that'd be a lot of fun as a trackbike or a streetfighter.

I assume it was a trackbike before being listed for sale too. Cool as hell.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

They're pretty good looking, imo, with the fairings. Pity the SV1k was such a lame followup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I've yet to ride a TLR or a RC51 and I never liked the twin power delivery (to be fair my only exposure is a SV650) but goddamn, those two bikes have me super curious. I hear they are both pigs but...