Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Kalopsia was absolutely amazing live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

I've never seen them either, so this is a nice treat. Really great show so far, they're playing a load of great songs.

Yeah all the new material sounds great. Really digging how "I Sat by the Ocean" and "Kalopsia" sound live.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Does it keep flipping between image qualities for anyone else? Keeps making it skip around. Maybe I just have a lovely computer. What I can hear properly sounds good though.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God this song is so drat good.

edit: Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :rock:

double edit: I listened to an entire concert from this tour last night and thought this was such a great tune and they should play it more. :)

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 24, 2013

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress, what an awesome setlist. Please just bust out Smooth Sailing and it'll be perfect.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Just clicked on the stream but it's blowing chunks for me. I hope to God someone is recording this (and not buffering every 10 seconds).

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

This loving setlist man.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

JoeRules posted:

Just clicked on the stream but it's blowing chunks for me. I hope to God someone is recording this (and not buffering every 10 seconds).

I think it was mentioned that the stream had a good chance of being fully recorded by NPR and put up later

llibja posted:

This loving setlist man.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Roots Radical posted:

Does it keep flipping between image qualities for anyone else? Keeps making it skip around. Maybe I just have a lovely computer. What I can hear properly sounds good though.

Nope I had the same problem early on and I have a stupid fast machine and Internet connection. I think it is NPR.

Ryu no Ikari
Jul 25, 2004
I'm not saying it's bad, or anything. I like Dr. Doom, and I like Jesus.
For those of us that haven't listened to the album, which song was the one with Josh on the piano? I'm trying to figure out which ones they haven't played yet (and which ones I still haven't heard).

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
All we need is a Regular John or an Avon + Song for the Dead and it won't get any better.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Ryu no Ikari posted:

For those of us that haven't listened to the album, which song was the one with Josh on the piano? I'm trying to figure out which ones they haven't played yet (and which ones I still haven't heard).

The Vampyre of Time and Memory

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ryu no Ikari posted:

"Vampyre of Time and Memory" I think?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

LordPants posted:

All we need is a Regular John or an Avon + Song for the Dead and it won't get any better.

I was just thinking that. But I think I want to hear Mexicola.

What a show.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I'm pretty sure some dude in the audience threw in the Alright!! that's in the beginning drum intro of Turnin on the Screw pretty much exactly where it was supposed to go :3:

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
Oh drat, I thought this was on tomorrow. Hope it gets put up for download.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Already being archived at, well, the best archive for QOTSA videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/QOTSAarchive?feature=watch

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Jesus, Smooth Sailing sounds so awesome live.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
Oh poo poo, I Think I Lost My Headache. I'm grabbing some beers on the way home from work and watching this all again.

Edit: I'm liking this new drummer too. Joey always sounded rushed playing live.

HairyNipple! fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 24, 2013

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I Think I Lost My Headache

This setlist is insane.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This is the best thing ever.

I think I lost my headache... I honestly forgot about this song. Haha

What a show.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

HairyNipple! posted:

Oh poo poo, I Think I Lost My Headache. I'm grabbing some beers on the way home from work and watching this all again.

Edit: I'm liking this new drummer too. Joey always sounded rushed playing live.

Yeah, it's nice to hear the songs played with a proper groove instead of being rushed and sloppy.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
drat I really wished they would have played the awesome slow version of Go With The Flow.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

You east coast goons saw that they're having a contest giving away tickets for a show in NYC coming up, right? Basically all you have to do is email them. Here's the link explaining it

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Full version of I appear missing kicks all kinds of rear end. First time I've heard it. I like how they looped the falling animation for the second half of it. He just keeps on falling.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Deeters posted:

You east coast goons saw that they're having a contest giving away tickets for a show in NYC coming up, right? Basically all you have to do is email them. Here's the link explaining it
Thanks, here's to hoping I win tickets.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

NPR streams are all kinds of awesome.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This and then Song for the Dead and out I guess? They've played pretty much every other encore song already.

Unless it's something like In the Fade or something.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Quoting the shining? :wtc:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Awesome...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress I love that tease before the drums come back in.

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

This band is so much better with Jon Theodore it's not even close.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Technical difficulties :)

llibja posted:

This.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Troy! Be careful! That's probably a... I dunno, two or three hundred dollar guitar if that!

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That's how you end a loving set.

mulletlummox
Feb 26, 2003

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
I don't even know how to explain what Jon Theodore did in I think I lost My Headache, but god drat he is awesome. This iteration of the band is definitely the best. That was an awesome show.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

llibja posted:

I mean he's no Dave Grohl, but he's way better than Joey.

edit: also I just discovered this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSqNdylIXNk

Jeff Wiiver fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 24, 2013

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls
I am quite convinced this is the best this band has ever sounded.

Booba Fett
Dec 1, 2008

As you wish...
Well I guess there's no point in telling you guys that the show loving rocked since you all saw it, but yeah, it loving rocked. Such a great setlist! I'm definitely going to rewatch this for the memories.

Agreed that Jon Theodore is awesome and they sounded great as a whole.

Cool merch too!
http://imgur.com/WY6XsSP

Each shirt came with one of those album download codes.
http://imgur.com/XGiAlgw

Booba Fett fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Two songs got dropped from the set too!

• Locked thread