Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of dicks:

Hey! What did dicks ever do to deserve that kind of insult? <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

based gaddis
Jul 4, 2012

Miltank posted:

Is there a dark side to Jesus I should know about?

In one of the apocryphal gospels Jesus withers a kid for killing a clay pigeon he brought to life and there's a lot of fretting on the part of Mary and Joseph that he'll go on withering people at will.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

based gaddis posted:

In one of the apocryphal gospels Jesus withers a kid for killing a clay pigeon he brought to life and there's a lot of fretting on the part of Mary and Joseph that he'll go on withering people at will.

I think I saw this on The Twilight Zone

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

based gaddis posted:

Then Moses shows up and takes him to a school for wizards.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The most punchable face is Tucker Carlson. The next runner up is Chris Hayes. This is science.

So beltway. Punchability doesn't take sides.

Tubba Blubba
Jul 14, 2011

The apocryphal gospels are pretty much biblical fanfiction.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tubba Blubba posted:

The apocryphal gospels are pretty much biblical fanfiction.

Yea there's a reason they're apocryphal, it's just some random monk going "OH MAN WOULDN'T IT BE WICKED SWEET IF JESUS STRAIGHT KILLED A DUDE?!"

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
The janitor in my department is a nice guy, and we get along, but he's a rabid Rush fan. He just stopped me to tell me how Rush had taken apart some woman on the radio (someone testifying before a Congressional hearing, although I didn't bother to look into which) who had asserted her 5th Amendment rights, and how "Rush said, 'They love that 5th Amendment, but they don't care about any of the others.'"

I used to share an office wall with him, and could hear the full schedule during the day. Fortunately I was usually gone before Hannity came on.

Randall's a a nice fellow, but he's a solid example of Rush's audience; folks who only know what Rush tells them and who will vote reliably for whoever the GOP runs because Rush told 'em to. He doesn't think he's racist, but he'll tell you (if you ask) exactly what he thinks of "those people."

Take this stupid poo poo to Reddit.

You may not like Bono, you may not like his music, but the man has actually tried to do good, and is not even remotely comparable to any of the right-wing pieces of poo poo in this thread. And certainly not to Hannity, who might be one of the worst of them if only because he has (comparably to guys like Savage and some of the other fringe guys) gained mainstream acceptance.

Walter fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 22, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

beatlegs posted:

So beltway. Punchability doesn't take sides.

It's those glasses. Those thick-rimmed pretentious "hipster intellectual" glasses. They're as bad as Carlson's bowtie.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea there's a reason they're apocryphal, it's just some random monk going "OH MAN WOULDN'T IT BE WICKED SWEET IF JESUS STRAIGHT KILLED A DUDE?!"

No, they're apocryphal because the early Christian councils didn't deem them to be helpful to the theological direction they preferred, not because their truth value differed from Matt & Mark et al. (spoiler: all the gospels, apocryphal and canonical, are ex post facto fictions).

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

How about just some of the dicks?

Speaking of dicks:

I like how the second half of that line was
" Remember when President Bush went out and waved his dick around and told everybody to chill and they did? THAT, is a true leader!"

I'm paraphrasing of course.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I haven't watched Chris Hayes at all but those just look like normal glasses to me.

edit:

Seriously?

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
EDIT: Never mind, not relevant to the Dittoheads thread.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's those glasses. Those thick-rimmed pretentious "hipster intellectual" glasses. They're as bad as Carlson's bowtie.

I'm not white knighting Hayes or anything, although I think he's an excellent journalist, but I always thought punchability was primarily about offensiveness/horrible policy positions and looks were sort of a secondary aspect.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

beatlegs posted:

I'm not white knighting Hayes or anything, although I think he's an excellent journalist, but I always thought punchability was primarily about offensiveness/horrible policy positions and looks were sort of a secondary aspect.

True, I suppose it depends how you frame punchability. I was approaching it purely on looks, i.e., "I see that face and want to punch it." But should I be more concerned about some other factor? Is it a face that I want to punch, a person who deserves to be punched in the face, or some combination?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
His glasses look completely normal, he just has a weird head.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Walter posted:

You may not like Bono, you may not like his music, but the man has actually tried to do good, and is not even remotely comparable to any of the right-wing pieces of poo poo in this thread. And certainly not to Hannity, who might be one of the worst of them if only because he has (comparably to guys like Savage and some of the other fringe guys) gained mainstream acceptance.

Actually, I like his music, and I know he does good. I just feel, deep in my bones, that he has an incredibly punchable face. It's a shame, really.

Edit: What Alloy said.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SatansOnion posted:

I can't talk about it yet. My therapist and I are working it out.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SatansOnion posted:

Gentlemen, exhibit A:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Is it just me or do hannity's eyes in that picture look similar to demon eyes in the CW show "Supernatural?"

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Hannity wins by a loving landslide.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Hannity wins by a loving landslide.

And so we all lose. :(

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Lord Lambeth posted:

I haven't watched Chris Hayes at all but those just look like normal glasses to me.

edit:

Seriously?

I find it weird that him and Rachel Maddow look so much alike.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

beatlegs posted:

No, punchability is definitely about looks/personality first and foremost. I want to punch Bill Maher in the face constantly and I agree with him most of the time. That said, Maher's punchability doesn't really come across in a still photo, whereas Hannity would be flagrantly punchable even in a cropped picture of his little toe.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
Can somebody please explain to me how the right got people to swallow the idea that somehow reductions in hours and benefits at jobs is Obama's fault? Rush Limbaugh was pounding this nail a couple minutes ago. I know they cry "TAXES, REGULATIONS, WAAAGH!" but all you have to do is look at 3 things:

1) Companies dictate their own hours and pay rates and stuff
2) Corporate profits are at an all-time record high
3) The DJIA hit its highest record in history recently

That's all you need to know to know that it's not the regulations strangling the jobs. This talking point makes me so loving angry.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Eulogistics posted:

Can somebody please explain to me how the right got people to swallow the idea that somehow reductions in hours and benefits at jobs is Obama's fault? Rush Limbaugh was pounding this nail a couple minutes ago. I know they cry "TAXES, REGULATIONS, WAAAGH!" but all you have to do is look at 3 things:

That's all you need to know to know that it's not the regulations strangling the jobs. This talking point makes me so loving angry.

Much like how people always blame presidents whenever gas prices are too high, the Dow is too low, someones home owners insurance doesn't cover flood damage, highest ever (but still low compared to years past) taxes, private health coverage being too high, the state of education, and of course now.. tornado false flags. etc. A president can be blamed for just about anything because many people don't actually know what the job entails. Just like the 'Obama lever' cartoon.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Eulogistics posted:

The people who listen to Rush don't know any of those things.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

SedanChair posted:

The people who listen to Rush don't know any of those things.

"Keep the government out of the free market!"

"The free market is screwing me, it's the president's fault for not doing anything to help me!"

This is literally what goes through these peoples' heads, sometimes in a single day over the course of one three hour Limbaugh session. And they do not understand the contradiction.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
No, it's the President interfering with the Free Market that is screwing them.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Eulogistics posted:

I think part of what's really making 7-8% unemployment sort of a new standard is increasing automation and internet commerce. Everything from Amazon, Netflix, Hulu and Red Box to self checkout lines at stores, online bill paying and automated customer service is sucking up jobs that are never coming back. People used to work in stores that provided these services but there's no longer a real need for any of it. Sort of how assembly lines gradually became automated.

I went into a Barnes & Noble the other day for the first time in a while and it looked liked a freaking Best Buy or Apple store. Notice how the video games you buy now (if you buy physical copies at all) don't come with a printed instruction manual? People used to design and print those things and make the packaging. Same with CD's and DVD's.

You're right about everything you said. Obama has nothing to do with destroying jobs. I'm not really sure what I'm on about here or if this is the right thread for it, but this idea of "internet does everything" and the only real companies remaining being Comcast, ATT, Apple, Microsoft, utility companies and Exxon/Mobile has been weighing on my mind recently and I think accounts, at least in part, for a stubborn unemployment rate.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The St Louis TV anchor who said the IRS started "hammering" him after he did an interview critical of Obama got fired. Because here in reality the IRS was hammering him because he had unpaid taxes dating back three years prior to the interview and there's an $85,000 tax lien on his house.

And of course, he uses the exact same language as Glenn Beck and friends when they make absolutely baseless statements.

quote:

Freed from a KMOV gag-order Wednesday, Conners said his statements on Facebook were simply questions about the possibility of an Internal Revenue Service vendetta in the wake of national stories about the agency.

"I never said that's what happened, and I'm still not saying it," Conners said. "I'm only asking that question."

He now shows his true colors by going on the Dana Loesch show to bellyache about getting fired.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm pretty sure their entire argument is summed up with "Obama is not one of us. Everything he does is inherently wrong and every bad thing is not only his fault but he is directly causing it on purpose because he hates us. Us being good hard working white Christian conservatives."

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm pretty sure their entire argument is summed up with "Obama is not one of us. Everything he does is inherently wrong and every bad thing is not only his fault but he is directly causing it on purpose because he hates us. Us being good hard working white Christian conservatives."

Yeah that's basically it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If somebody starts a sentence with "I'm only asking" and ends it with "question", it's bullshit for "I'm a pandering jackass who is making baseless claims of grandeur".

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I wish there was some way for that phrase to trigger an automatic set up for a "DID (PERSONS NAME) RAPE AND KILL A GIRL IN (-8 years back from today)???" website and online awareness campaign.

Edit: We're just asking questions WAIT NOOOOOO

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Holy poo poo Fox News, what the gently caress?

Slam US troops, go easy on Al Qaeda -- is this Team Obama's idea of military justice?

quote:

President Obama is expected to discuss Al Qaeda, drone strikes and Guantanamo detainees Thursday at the National Defense University in Washington. He’ll reportedly make the case on why it’s OK to kill thousands of terror suspects overseas via drones without a hearing, but why it’s not OK to hold 166 terror suspects at Guantanamo where their lockdown on Caribbean windswept bluffs beats any U.S. prison.

:wtc: Where do they find these shitheads? Nobody said either of those things are okay! And why does the right continually try to make to portray the Guantanamo Bay detention center as some kind of tropical paradise for terrorism suspects?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Crasscrab posted:

And why does the right continually try to make to portray the Guantanamo Bay detention center as some kind of tropical paradise for terrorism suspects?

Why would Obi-Wan Nairobi put his muslim brothers from another Mullah in a prison that wasn't fun?

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Crasscrab posted:

Slam US troops, go easy on Al Qaeda -- is this Team Obama's idea of military justice?

:wtc: Where do they find these shitheads? Nobody said either of those things are okay! And why does the right continually try to make to portray the Guantanamo Bay detention center as some kind of tropical paradise for terrorism suspects?

There are people going hungry all over the world and these "prisoners" are having food literally shoved down their throats. Why not force them to drink the finest champagne and have sex with the most beautiful women while we're at it? Thanks, Obama.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crasscrab posted:

Yes, every other reputable news site in the world would describe gitmo this way. Definitely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Steven Crowder is getting a strong reaction from calling a religious icon a pedophile

quote:

Comedian Steven Crowder’s “Jesus vs. Muhammad” video has already attracted more than 140,000 views. And, as was expected, he’s getting a harsh response from individuals who are offended by the statements and quips it includes. In addition to threats, profanity and insults are being thrown his way.

Again, considering the video’s content and subject matter, this is no surprise. As previously reported, TheBlaze spoke with Crowder on Wednesday to ask about his motivation for making the anti-Muhammad video. Today, we followed up to learn more about the response he’s receiving.

Crowder said that, so far, he’s observed mostly generic threats against him and his family. These seem to mostly be coming from social media sites. Throughout the day, he has been tweeting and sharing some of the most comical and troublesome of the comments. Here’s just a sampling (WARNING: Graphic language)

I do not support death threats in anyway

Granted though he is acting like an rear end in a top hat

"Today, light up a big'ol truth cannon, aim it at Muhammad and walk away laughing."

"Nono, you accidentally wrote "video" instead of "Muhammad" RT @SuperVillain75: @scrowder Your video is disgusting."

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 24, 2013