Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalDobermann
Dec 4, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Usually that's a sign of having too many mods, but 78 shouldn't be breaking the limit on most if any computers. Are you positive they're vanilla meshes? Do you also encounter problems when fast travelling?

Yeah, the only custom static meshes are just modders resources and certain weapons like the shotgun in the screenshots will flicker between random nearby textures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

MariusLecter posted:

That you guys aren't taking Guns AND Energy Weapons is disturbing.

Signature Weapon Mod = Only using Maria for the entire game.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

grack posted:

That's a really weird way to spell "This Machine".

Is the The Armory 3.0 ever gonna come out? The last WIP you nerds posted was in December.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

No no, Maria. Running around endgame popping elite soldiers with a shiny 9mm pistol is hilariously fun.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
gently caress your puny-rear end peashooters. Bozar is where it's at. :getin:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

grack posted:

Desideratus posted:

You guys need more than six?

It might be a little cumbersome and boring, what with the lack of flashing lights and detachable magazine.

And basically no rear sight. Just a notch and a groove along the top strap.

But you start depending on those things and you stop listening to your body.

You gotta feel it.

Otherwise things might take a turn you won't much care for.

:ocelot::clint:

Scene missing where I wandered into Dead Wind Cavern to get out of the sandstorm and picked a whole bouquet of Oopsie Daisies.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 22, 2013

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
A Light Shining in Darkness you dorks

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Making the lever-action Shotgun viable throughout the whole game is the point of the Signature Weapon mod.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Desideratus posted:

Is the The Armory 3.0 ever gonna come out? The last WIP you nerds posted was in December.

I think the last thing they said about it was 'Maybe, but probably not.'

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
So I've been out of the New Vegas loop for quite a while. Something that bugged me when I was last playing a year or two ago is that there is a compatability patch for WME and EVE - Energy Visuals Enhanced, and there is a compatability patch for WME and and FOOK, but there isn't one for FOOK, WME and EVE. (I think there was one, but it was very out of date, early versions of each of those mods.)

I'd love to play the game using FOOK, especially since it has incorporated many of J Sawyer's changes (and there's a version of FOOK that is even more heavily based on the J Sawyer mod), but I also want those sweet EVE energy weapons and all the weapon mods.

Is there anyone that fancies creating such a compatability mod? Or am I out of date and FOOK has been superseded by some other big overhaul mods?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

:words: and pictures

What mod is the outfit from? Haven't seen that one before.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

FauxGateau posted:

Making the lever-action Shotgun viable throughout the whole game is the point of the Signature Weapon mod.

I made one in twelve gauge and put a stock on it cause it's so rad.

:supaburn:

grack posted:

What mod is the outfit from? Haven't seen that one before.

It's a mashup of meshes from various mods I've come across. A DesertScorpion pack for the main outfit, black NCR civilian shirt for undershirt and neckerchief thing, forget where the bag is from... DesertScorpion again maybe? Hat and sunglasses. :toot:

I still haven't figured out how to make the hat droppable so I can play with it with feng shui. Adding collision meshes and poo poo makes my head hurt :saddowns:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Does the Armory 2.9 WIP play nicely in regular gameplay, or is all the unfinished content in the leveled lists where I can grab it during normal gameplay?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Capn Beeb posted:

I made one in twelve gauge and put a stock on it cause it's so rad.

:supaburn:

It's a mashup of meshes from various mods I've come across. A DesertScorpion pack for the main outfit, black NCR civilian shirt for undershirt and neckerchief thing, forget where the bag is from... DesertScorpion again maybe? Hat and sunglasses. :toot:

I still haven't figured out how to make the hat droppable so I can play with it with feng shui. Adding collision meshes and poo poo makes my head hurt :saddowns:

I was looking for an outfit like that, thank you for sharing.

Also, I don't know how I never found this before, but I have a new favorite mod for this game: A hoverboard.

I will never take a step in the wasteland again. I will fly.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

And DesertScorpion is "under review" on Nexus. I guess that means there weren't enough anime schoolgirl outfits included.

Guess I'm sticking to Gunslinger/Tailor Maid/Satchels for now.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

grack posted:

And DesertScorpion is "under review" on Nexus. I guess that means there weren't enough anime schoolgirl outfits included.

Guess I'm sticking to Gunslinger/Tailor Maid/Satchels for now.

Good thing your friendly neighborhood geckos are on the job and mirrored it. Should be linked in the OP, it was the last time I looked I believe.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ever since I got GRA, I've just used the Recharger Pistol, then the MF Hyperbreeder Alpha for the entirety of the game, with occasional Gauss Rifle cameos. But I installed the mod that makes you hunt down GRA guns and recipes and such, and I'm almost all the way through with everything but the strip in the vanilla game and the note telling me where it is hasn't spawned on any enemies yet.

I like this mod, because it stops me from obtaining the most powerful and useful gun in the game about a tenth of the way through, but I hate this mod because I'm running out of time.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Does D.E.I.M.O.S. get better after you go back in time? That's where I was at when I stopped playing the other day, and that mod was starting to get sort of irritating (way too much wandering around rooms with gently caress-all in them with gently caress-all directions).

I'm not playing these mods for immersive challenge, I'm playing them for ridiculous Mary Sue characters and unnecessary swearing.

And I know this is more of a general gameplay question, but would being a cannibal make a Legion playthrough more difficult?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
No, not really. It's honestly a not-very-good-mod.

Also you're railroaded into the rest of it. The good news is it's not horribly long.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Twitch posted:

And I know this is more of a general gameplay question, but would being a cannibal make a Legion playthrough more difficult?

I'm not sure I understand...why would being a cannibal make a Legion playthrough more difficult?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not sure I understand...why would being a cannibal make a Legion playthrough more difficult?

Like would it piss anyone off and make a main quest unbeatable or something, I assume not, but I usually plan out my characters in advance and I've never done a Legion, energy weapon, or cannibal playthrough of the game.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Twitch posted:

Like would it piss anyone off and make a main quest unbeatable or something, I assume not, but I usually plan out my characters in advance and I've never done a Legion, energy weapon, or cannibal playthrough of the game.

Oh, in that case, it shouldn't inhibit you any more than any of the other faction quests would. Which is to say, it shouldn't be an issue at all. Although you might want to avoid chowing down on dead bodies in front of 5 or 6 other people.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Edit: Beaten like a red headed stepchild.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Can somebody remind me how to open the configuration menu in JIP Selective fire?

EDIT- Whichever mod gives legion assassins power armor is the worst. I don't have any weapons to reliably deal with that poo poo.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 24, 2013

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Man Whore posted:

Can somebody remind me how to open the configuration menu in JIP Selective fire?

Hold the Selective fire button with your weapon holstered.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Man Whore posted:

EDIT- Whichever mod gives legion assassins power armor is the worst. I don't have any weapons to reliably deal with that poo poo.

If you're using LPAM, then it's probably my mod. :getin:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Does anyone have a link to the mod that allows you to wait more than 24 hours at a time? For some reason the Nexus seems to have removed its search feature, and I can't seem to find it :ohdear:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Can anyone else using the Extended New Vegas Radio Generator tell me what to set mp3 audio scale to so songs are the same volume as vanilla tracks? So far everything I've tried is way too loud.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Desideratus posted:

Naky is going to take up MediocrityGoggles' job and actually possibly get a release out within the next 10 months. Good luck, Naky!

misterdoo01 posted:

Does the Armory 2.9 WIP play nicely in regular gameplay, or is all the unfinished content in the leveled lists where I can grab it during normal gameplay?
The latter. There are also some FNVEdit bugs that need to be ironed out that I can't work on until the models and weapon data is finished.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Alright, good to know. 2.5 already has a shitload of guns anyways, so no harm in waiting.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
So I just caved and bought Ultimate edition for the PC. I played the full base game on 360. I'm wondering if I should bother modding it (I'm mainly looking to do graphical updates) or if I should go and enjoy all the DLC the way it is in-game before I go tweaking everything.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

crazkylo posted:

So I just caved and bought Ultimate edition for the PC. I played the full base game on 360. I'm wondering if I should bother modding it (I'm mainly looking to do graphical updates) or if I should go and enjoy all the DLC the way it is in-game before I go tweaking everything.

Maybe just get some better textures and blast through a game with vanilla, then start looking into modding it yeah.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

crazkylo posted:

You're in a tough place, because you've already seen what the base game has to offer, but honestly, I feel like you should just bite the bullet and start tweaking things. The DLC are good because of their settings, stories, and characters, not because of the way their loot lists or NPCs are configured. In that sense, you won't be missing much if you install a mod that, say, fixes OWB's terrible bullet-spongy omnipotent enemies. In fact, you may even positively enhance your first-time experience with the DLC.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

crazkylo posted:

Definitely install a UI mod, at least something to make the text smaller, but otherwise I'd say play through it all vanilla. If you play through all four DLCs, you don't have to spend nearly as much time with side quests in the base game (you become ridiculously powerful well before you hit the new level cap).

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Any suggestions for graphical mods that involve better textures and a prettier sky, and some sort of UI mod? I enjoy the UI as it is default, but then again I haven't seen what many mods have to offer. Of should I just go through the OP a nab whatever looks best for me.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

crazkylo posted:

Any suggestions for graphical mods that involve better textures and a prettier sky, and some sort of UI mod? I enjoy the UI as it is default, but then again I haven't seen what many mods have to offer. Of should I just go through the OP a nab whatever looks best for me.

Go to the OP.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You should never go all vanilla with just UI mods becuase that would require leaving out CASM, and doing that would be just loving stupid.

I really recommend trying out some of the rebalance stuff. Someone with more time on there hands might akea post with good advice on that front, or link you to a previous discussion of how to make the game better in certain ways (especially the STALKER direction)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

crazkylo posted:

Go to the OP, but don't fall into the pit of installing everything at once.

Here is what I recommend for a "second time" run with all the Ultimate DLC:

- Project Nevada Core/Equipment and the Cyberware one if you're feeling frisky, plus the patches and Extra Options if need be
- Weapon Mod Kits Expanded (WMX) Ultimate Edition
- Jsawyer.esp
- Cirosan's Overhaul with JSawyer values
- Manual Reload
- a radio mod of some sort
- Responsive Kill Reactions from Puce Moose Tweaks
- Darn UI
- DFB Random Encounters

if you need a graphics mod then Project Reality + Simple Streetlights + Wasteland Flora Overhaul is good.

That combination of mods is basically a rebalance and smoothing of the game without being a total overhaul. The manual reload mod is a pretty sweet addition for combat, and the Random Encounters mod gives you a bunch of patrols of dudes to shoot. Play on Hardcore and the hardest difficulty.

Also CASM.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I'd also seriously think about installing the OWB-related Puce Moose tweaks because goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
There's a bunch of, little, smaller mods I'd recommend too, like Weapon Mod Menu, Selective Fire, Quicktrade, that kind of stuff. They're big huge things that do lots of poo poo, but they make your life way easier.