Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Not to keep going on, but a good point of comparison for FFXIII is Resonance of Fate. Resonance of Fate released literally the same month. That game has a plot so incoherent that not even the Japanese players understood it until they released a book which explained the plot. It's a dumb, goofy and insane anime game. It was published by Sega who is not known for putting their best foot forward when it comes to this stuff either.

So take this cutscene. It's insanely bad for a lot of reasons. It's creepy and ridiculous and just kind of dumb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNXwEFldOR8

Despite the fact that it is a bad scene, it's clear a fair bit of effort was put into conveying the bad scene and Nolan North as Vashyeron was allowed to just loving act. You're not going to salvage that scene but they at least put their best effort forward towards making dick and boob jokes while a grown man dances like a moron.

This is literally from the same month as FFXIII, developed by a team who usually works with Square-Enix (Tri-Ace), and published by Sega. It is also unarguably a better translation than FFXIII, a much higher budget game, got.

NikkolasKing posted:

I wonder how close the translation of Advent Children is. We were talking about this in the FFVII LP thread as I brought up how Jenova is just referred to as "Mother" in the dub but apparently Kadaj and Sephiroth use different ways of saying mother and that was supposed to be significant.

Advent Children's translation is also overly-literal and kind of stilted, but they didn't have a lot to work with in the first place. There's not a lot of dialogue and what dialogue exists is very boring and straightforward. It's about the best you can expect from something like that.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Momomo posted:

Is that really bad translation, though? What could Lightning have possibly said to make that not sound stupid?

"Hope, I really think your mum wanted a girl."

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Not to keep going on, but a good point of comparison for FFXIII is Resonance of Fate. Resonance of Fate released literally the same month. That game has a plot so incoherent that not even the Japanese players understood it until they released a book which explained the plot. It's a dumb, goofy and insane anime game. It was published by Sega who is not known for putting their best foot forward when it comes to this stuff either.

So take this cutscene. It's insanely bad for a lot of reasons. It's creepy and ridiculous and just kind of dumb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNXwEFldOR8

Despite the fact that it is a bad scene, it's clear a fair bit of effort was put into conveying the bad scene and Nolan North as Vashyeron was allowed to just loving act. You're not going to salvage that scene but they at least put their best effort forward towards making dick and boob jokes while a grown man dances like a moron.

This is literally from the same month as FFXIII, developed by a team who usually works with Square-Enix (Tri-Ace), and published by Sega. It is also unarguably a better translation than FFXIII, a much higher budget game, got.

Well I can honestly say I liked almost every scene in XIII better than that, worse translation or not. That was just awful.

Have you played through the game in English? XIII had its moments I thought. Scenes like Barthandalus' reveal or Sazh and Vanille's confrontation were really cool. (even though Eidolon fights are bullshit. I was stuck on Sazh's Eidolon for so long that it really robbed the scene of any of its power at the time)

quote:

Advent Children's translation is also overly-literal and kind of stilted, but they didn't have a lot to work with in the first place. There's not a lot of dialogue and what dialogue exists is very boring and straightforward. It's about the best you can expect from something like that.

Well I agree with you but it's important to remember that there are those who don't agree with us. There are tons of people out there who will crucify any non-super literal translation. "It is not their job to think they can "improve" the writing. They are simply there to put it in English."
\
I'm pretty sure a series like Final Fantasy has plenty of fans like that and of course Square doesn't want to alienate that fanbase.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Well I agree with you but it's important to remember that there are those who don't agree with us. There are tons of people out there who will crucify any non-super literal translation. "It is not their job to think they can "improve" the writing. They are simply there to put it in English."

Those people are rightly to be ignored because anyone who says "they are simply there to put it into English" doesn't actually know how translation works. This isn't even a Japanese-to-English thing, it's basic translation in general. Considering that way way more hyper-anime games get away with not having super-literal translations despite having the fanbase most ripe for them, I'm not buyin' that S-E is trying to cater to that crowd.

President of Space
Mar 30, 2012
I hate to interrupt translation chat (seriously, this stuff is interesting) but can anybody answer a few questions about Dimensions? I just defeated Ramuh and am about to enter Highwind Tower with Barbara, and received my second allocation of JP for Sol's party.

I'm enjoying my first playthrough so far, but I've started mastering jobs and am not quite sure how to allocate my JP. Is this like V where eventually you'll be able to master everything, or is it limited? If it is limited, how many classes should I be working on for each person and are there any really good combinations that I should be aware of? Fusion abilities seem to be one of the more important reasons to multiclass, but I'm not sure how to figure out any of them besides trial and error.

Right now I'm doing Sol as a warrior, Sarah as a black mage, Aigis as a monk, and Dusk as a white mage. Monk is really losing its luster at this point, doing less damage than warrior and not being much more survivable in spite of the extra HP, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea since I don't know what the higher levels look like for anything.

Also, is there ever anything worth stealing that would make me want to keep a thief around? I started Sarah off there, but after amassing dozens of potions and a few status cures I switched her back to black mage for the raw damage output. Should I just drop someone into thief whenever it seems like a boss is imminent, or do regular enemies start dropping better stuff? IX has made me wary of ever not having one in the group for boss fights but aside from stealing they don't seem particularly useful so far.

Finally, what types of magic/skills draw on what stats? Broadly speaking, formulas aren't necessary. I realized my black mage (presumably INT) seems to use summons better than my white mage (MND) does, which is unfortunate because she's already a little nuke machine and my white mage spends a lot of random encounters twiddling his thumbs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
e: ^^^^^^^
In theory, you can master every job but it'll take some grinding and a lot of time. In the normal course of the game you'll get JP to master a couple classes per character but you honestly won't need to unless you want to.

I suggest making Dust in to a Red Mage and keeping him as one until he's mastered it. You'll be glad you did (same with Alba). Don't worry about the monk issue, you'll probably want to swap him and sol to Dragoon once you can. Getting Sol to level 14(?) as a warrior for the skill it unlocks will be very handy for when you have paladin later on since you can have him get Mighty Wall which is an amazing buff that provides protect/shell/+atk to the entire party (costs a *lot* of MP though) while Dragoon gives you jump and a few other skills.

NikkolasKing posted:

I just finished Star Ocean 4 about a week ago

Does it get any better after your first encounter with those phantom things? I pretty much punched a hole in my wall due to the bullshit of that first (multiple wave) encounter and how completely loving cheesy the enemies were in combat and got rid of the game. Thankfully it was rented through gamefly so I hadn't actually wasted money buying it.

Mazed posted:

Alternative explanation: Ivalice is populated entirely by robots. This might explain Vaan's pants.

I would unironically love to play Final Fantasy XII: Worker 8 Edition.

Mazed posted:

I can't say it was really good, but fairly good, sure. That series was so inconsistent in quality as a whole that it bleeds into the impression of everything*. When you take the actors' actual performances on their own merit, it was actually pretty fantastic, but sometimes the ultra-serious tone that the dialogue took clashed with the over-the-top anime action going on all the time. With a few exceptions (particularly Albedo, Margulis, Allen, and somehow KOS-MOS), it felt like they weren't having as much fun with it as they could have. This is a strange kind of criticism, probably, but this impression struck me hard as the series progressed.

Glorious Heropon Riki has best voice acting! :buddy:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ImpAtom posted:

Between that and them choosing to refer to the creepy shut-in nerd Cardinal Pater as "Master Pater" for half his scenes, RoF has a very special spot in my memory as one of the creepiest loving JRPGs I've ever played.

Which is a shame, because the battle system was at least a little interesting (if ultimately over-reliant on something that consumes a limited resource and intuitively feels like it should be boss-fight-only) and some of the backgrounds were beautiful.

e: also, holy poo poo, link me to a translation of this book, what the gently caress happened in that game?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Still waiting for my FF7 remake/re-release with a re-done translation.

Then again, they might go and rework the story and characters to feature sad Cloud, so I'm not sure I want it after all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A much better scene in defense of Resonance of Fate would be that 'He's good in the dark.' scene. Still goofy and awkward but it actually works.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Does it get any better after your first encounter with those phantom things? I pretty much punched a hole in my wall due to the bullshit of that first (multiple wave) encounter and how completely loving cheesy the enemies were in combat and got rid of the game. Thankfully it was rented through gamefly so I hadn't actually wasted money buying it.

That's like two-thirds or more of the way through the game so no, it doesn't change significantly after that point. Though you don't even see those enemies again for quite a while anyway.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That loving Sned posted:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep has three main characters, and one of them is basically Roxas, who has pretty decent acting. The other two, Terra and Aqua, have below average performances. Terra's actor sounds bored and monotone, but there are some scenes where he manages to carry emotion well. Aqua's actress often mumbles her lines, and makes it sound like she has a slight lisp.

I've always been convinced that they basically recorded all the characters voices going straight through the story. Because Terra and Aqua both sound a ton better near the end of the game, as they get into the role.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

That loving Sned posted:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep has three main characters, and one of them is basically Roxas, who has pretty decent acting. The other two, Terra and Aqua, have below average performances. Terra's actor sounds bored and monotone, but there are some scenes where he manages to carry emotion well. Aqua's actress often mumbles her lines, and makes it sound like she has a slight lisp.

Terra's VA was way better than Aqua's. At least he knew how to emote. :colbert:

Dr Pepper posted:

I've always been convinced that they basically recorded all the characters voices going straight through the story. Because Terra and Aqua both sound a ton better near the end of the game, as they get into the role.

This makes sense too. Everyone sounds kinda weird in the beginning, but then they start getting better.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
The whole "Try to sound like the Japanese VA" was apparently a thing in Dissidia, too. Kuja's VA posted that he was asked to copy the Japanese VA's vocal mannerisms - which lead to these...odd intonations during certain sentences. Same for all the other VAs, I'd imagine, and that's even ignoring the usual frequent, Shatner-esque pauses

The actual writing itself was localised pretty well though.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Pesky Splinter posted:

The whole "Try to sound like the Japanese VA" was apparently a thing in Dissidia, too. Kuja's VA posted that he was asked to copy the Japanese VA's vocal mannerisms - which lead to these...odd intonations during certain sentences. Same for all the other VAs, I'd imagine, and that's even ignoring the usual frequent, Shatner-esque pauses

The actual writing itself was localised pretty well though.

Was it still like that in 012 (I haven't gone through the story mode in a long while)? I think the old dialogue was rerecorded or something?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Polsy posted:

That's like two-thirds or more of the way through the game so no, it doesn't change significantly after that point. Though you don't even see those enemies again for quite a while anyway.

Yeah that Phantom fight is pretty much the beginning of the final arc of the game and things only get tougher from there. The last four or so bosses after that will take about 20-30 minutes even on Earth (easy) difficulty.
Granted, it could have been shorter if you use Arumat (your final party member) but I didn't want to use Arumat. I probably had like the worst party as most people online who are actually good at the game say Bacchus was poo poo. But Bacchus was like the best character (probably due to Travis Willingham) and so I refused to not use him.

Best party seems to be Arumat for damage, Sarah for healing, and two other people. Reimi was apparently really good but I think that was the regular version of the game and I got the International version where she was nerfed in some way. Or so i hear.

Anyway, yeah, you didn't miss too much. Final dungeon was really short, even though it looked cool and had cool music. Final boss was a pain but pretty satisfying to defeat. Ending was unremarkable, even if you actually liked the game as I did.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 25, 2013

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Booky posted:

Was it still like that in 012 (I haven't gone through the story mode in a long while)? I think the old dialogue was rerecorded or something?

012's dialogue seemed to flow smoother, but (outside of a few in-battle phrases and such) Dissidia's recordings are untouched.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Pesky Splinter posted:

012's dialogue seemed to flow smoother, but (outside of a few in-battle phrases and such) Dissidia's recordings are untouched.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I think I remember the strange pauses and stuff, but the game's dialogue was translated pretty well and overall 012 was pretty solid. :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

A much better scene in defense of Resonance of Fate would be that 'He's good in the dark.' scene. Still goofy and awkward but it actually works.

Yeah, but I intentionally chose a bad scene to highlight the fact that even if you choose a really bad scene it can still be well translated.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

e: also, holy poo poo, link me to a translation of this book, what the gently caress happened in that game?

There's no translation of it, unfortunately. I can basically summarize it but I don't know if this is the right topic for it or not.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That'd probably go in the general RPG thread, I guess?

Really, the matching verbal tics thing just feels bizarre. I haven't heard of anyone but Squeenix doing that, probably because it's a terrible idea born out of knowing nothing about translating OR voice-acting. Also, has Norio Wakamoto ever been in an FF game? I want to hear an American VA try to imitate that guy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

That'd probably go in the general RPG thread, I guess?

Really, the matching verbal tics thing just feels bizarre. I haven't heard of anyone but Squeenix doing that, probably because it's a terrible idea born out of knowing nothing about translating OR voice-acting. Also, has Norio Wakamoto ever been in an FF game? I want to hear an American VA try to imitate that guy.

He was Chaos in Dissidia.

In a related note, Aqua has a really good voice actress in the Japanese version which is why it's a drat shame she sucks in the US version, but that was Disney's fault. She was a Disney Kid and clearly stunt cast.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 25, 2013

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

My favorite voice from what I've heard in Dissidia is Chris Sabat as Garland. Garland is also like the only character who benefited from those games because he had so little personality beforehand that Dissidia couldn't really gently caress it up like it did with a few of the other characters.

None of the other new voices really did anything for me. Well, except Cloud of Darkness. Her voice was pretty hot which makes sense since it's Laura Bailey doing her Lust voice. (which is currently the only voice of hers I can tolerate. That woman is in too many things)

Also I guess Steve Burton continued to depress me but that's not even his fault. Cloud's character has just been run into the ground since KH2 and Dissidia with its "I won't sleep well tonight" didn't help. Maybe the sequel improved things? Cloud is like a bad guy in it, right?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

NikkolasKing posted:

My favorite voice from what I've heard in Dissidia is Chris Sabat as Garland. Garland is also like the only character who benefited from those games because he had so little personality beforehand that Dissidia couldn't really gently caress it up like it did with a few of the other characters.

The NES characters really came off the best, simply because, as you said, there's so little to them, that it's pretty difficult to gently caress up. They turned Garland into a badass, the Emperor into Bowie, and gave the Cloud of Darkness something of a personality.

NikkolasKing posted:

Maybe the sequel improved things? Cloud is like a bad guy in it, right?

He is "technically" fighting on Chaos' side (as is Tidus), but goes all mopey when he can't remember Tifa, or half remembers or whatever, and refuses/is reluctant to fight the warriors of Cosmos. So he doesn't really get better.

The only issue I have with Dissidia, is that there isn't a villain campaign, and Cosmos is not a boss in any way. Oh, and the plot with Chaos is bafflingly obtuse, and needlessly complicated, but *pft*, Toriyama :shrug:

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Square-Enix is doing a livestream of their E3 booth this year. Hopefully this means some more awesome Lightning Returns gameplay footage.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Azure_Horizon posted:

Square-Enix is doing a livestream of their E3 booth this year. Hopefully this means some more awesome Lightning Returns gameplay footage.

I think it would be amazing if they were to pull another PS4 reveal and just show that Agni's Philosophy tech demo again.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Laura Bailey is everywhere. Laura Bailey is in your closet. Laura Bailey is under your bed. Laura Bailey is at your local pizza joint. Laura Bailey announces numbers at the DMV. Laura Bailey needs to borrow your vacuum cleaner. Laura Bailey does a makeup commercial. Laura Bailey proctors your GRE exam. Laura Bailey knows where your trash goes. Laura Bailey as the Big Bad Wolf in your old elementary school's annual play. Laura Bailey is the Herald of the Timecube. Laura Bailey inspired John Rambo. Laura Bailey was considered as a replacement for M in the new Bond movies. Laura Bailey needs you to pay the rent soon. Laura Bailey pulls you over for speeding. Laura Bailey addresses the nation. Laura Bailey is Laura Bailey is everyone is everything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Laura Bailey is everywhere. Laura Bailey is in your closet. Laura Bailey is under your bed. Laura Bailey is at your local pizza joint. Laura Bailey announces numbers at the DMV. Laura Bailey needs to borrow your vacuum cleaner. Laura Bailey does a makeup commercial. Laura Bailey proctors your GRE exam. Laura Bailey knows where your trash goes. Laura Bailey as the Big Bad Wolf in your old elementary school's annual play. Laura Bailey is the Herald of the Timecube. Laura Bailey inspired John Rambo. Laura Bailey was considered as a replacement for M in the new Bond movies. Laura Bailey needs you to pay the rent soon. Laura Bailey pulls you over for speeding. Laura Bailey addresses the nation. Laura Bailey is Laura Bailey is everyone is everything.
She hasn't even been in that much compared to someone like Johnny Yong Bosch or Yuri Lowenthal.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Oxxidation posted:

Hey TWD, you keep bringing up LO and I hate to break your heart like this (I do not hate to break your heart like this), but the English track for that game came first. The animations were deliberately synched to the English dialogue.

Soooooo, you're totally backwards and misremembering things like crazy!

For anyone else, Lost Odyssey VA work is fantastic and totally a selling point for the game, assuming that any of you are on the fence after the last seven years or so.
You're right that it did for the lip sync, but considering that it's not an American game, I'm pretty sure the Japanese script came first.

But if it's true that the English script did indeed come first and the other language scripts were localized from that, they should either put that kinda effort into to-English localizations or they should get folks who are as good at ad-libbing as the Japanese VAs were.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 25, 2013

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Pasteurized Milk posted:

I think it would be amazing if they were to pull another PS4 reveal and just show that Agni's Philosophy tech demo again.

Well PS2 got an FF8 tech demo, PS3 got FF7, so are we going to see FF6 in hyper HD?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Well PS2 got an FF8 tech demo, PS3 got FF7, so are we going to see FF6 in hyper HD?
We already did see FF6 with next-gen graphics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPO7c_XmesU

:shepface:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Endorph posted:

She hasn't even been in that much compared to someone like Johnny Yong Bosch or Yuri Lowenthal.

And even they have nothing on Michael McConnohie or Kirk Thonrton. Those guys are in every dub ever and it never fails that Mr. McConnohie will play at least two pretty important roles in the same anime.
Okina and Anji in Rurouni Kenshin is the worst example I can think of. Well, unless you count Star Ocean 4, where he played like five people.

The thing with Laura Bailey though is that, for me at least, I got used to hearing Mr. McConnohie and Mr. Thornton. It's kind of just a given when you listen to an English dub that they'll be in there somewhere. Laura Bailey is not so easy to get used to. She has a decent range when she wants to but it gets annoying when a character in a whole different show reminds me of Kid Trunks from DBZ. In a not very good show, that character was still the worst.

Also I actually enjoy hearing Yuri Lowenthal whereas I'm mostly meh or annoyed with Bailey.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 25, 2013

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

I got really excited until I saw the :shepface:

:(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Endorph posted:

I like how this has the same graphics and sound effects as Magic Carpet, a game that came out a month before regular FFVI.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm still waiting for my FFV remake. :colbert:

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

You know an FFV remake would end up terrible. All of the enemies get two turns for every one of yours and are immune to all status effects, you can only switch jobs once per crystal and the AP requirements for skills like rapid-fire and double cast have been tripled because ITS NOT HARD ENOUGH. Oh, you can completely cheese bosses using Chemist mixes? Well let's add a flag that makes bosses immune to those. MORE FUN, RIGHT?

I mean, I know FFV is a cakewalk once you're familiar with its mechanics, but it seems like 3 and 4's 3D remakes were designed to be much more difficult, and I think that would remove the wonderful variety and freedom of strategies that makes FFV fun.
I really liked the voices for Golbez and the Emperor in Dissidia, more so in 012 than the original.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pasteurized Milk posted:

That was totally weak at the PS4 conference but if they did it a third time at E3 and introduced it with some hype about what new technology they're working on for next gen or the next era in Final Fantasy it would be loving hilarious and probably unironically more entertaining as a result than any actual game they'll have. Look at this loving Coke bottle. You won't believe what happens next.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FFV could do with being more difficult though. Frankly all of that sounds more fun to me because "freedom" gets boring pretty quickly. That's half the appeal of things like the "use limited jobs" runthroughs and such.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ImpAtom posted:

FFV could do with being more difficult though. Frankly all of that sounds more fun to me because "freedom" gets boring pretty quickly. That's half the appeal of things like the "use limited jobs" runthroughs and such.

But there's the "Mix up these battles and require different, more unique tactics while upping the difficulty a decent bit" thing, and then there's the "Let's rebalance classes in a game built around directly upgrading classes, let's beef the monsters to ridiculous levels to make up for having a three enemy limit, let's make it more tedious to change jobs, let's not modernize anything including adding some loving save points" thing that made FF3DS so crap. Even FF4DS relies too heavily on its obscure Augment system to maintain balance, as without it the game's much more a drag to do.

I don't trust SE to do a FF5 remake without making it more tedious.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

But there's the "Mix up these battles and require different, more unique tactics while upping the difficulty a decent bit" thing, and then there's the "Let's rebalance classes in a game built around directly upgrading classes, let's beef the monsters to ridiculous levels to make up for having a three enemy limit, let's make it more tedious to change jobs, let's not modernize anything including adding some loving save points" thing that made FF3DS so crap. Even FF4DS relies too heavily on its obscure Augment system to maintain balance, as without it the game's much more a drag to do.

I don't trust SE to do a FF5 remake without making it more tedious.

The augment system makes FF4DS too easy, it wasn't balanced around it. It's perfectly fine playing it normally as long as you remember status spells. The few things which are screwed up (basically Blaze Dogs) are screwed up even if you min-max augments.

If FF5 was upgraded to be more like FF4DS it'd probably be my favorite version. v:shobon:v The one thing I dislike about FFV is that beyond a certain point the customization is meaningless outside of gimmick runs because I'm just tearing through everything. Things like the FFV Rouge Patch or the fiesta are infinitely more fun to me because I get the cool parts of the system without the super-low difficulty.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 26, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

You're likely right, all I know about the cast is Melia's voice is on Doctor Who.

EDIT: Simon Pegg would make a fantastic Reyn.

she's on Doctor Who now, but who knows if anyone knew who she was when Xenoblade came out originally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Anyone know/have a quide to quick Chocobo breeding in 7?