Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Anyone know what mod this armor is from?

I'd likely change some stuff on it, and it looks kinda familiar, but I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Man, I really like how enbseries is making NV look, but I can't get over the fact that the characters still all look like muppets, made out of poorly rendered flesh. Also, why is robots not a playable race? I know that one mod, but it is just not the same. I will blame you forever for this, rope man.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 25, 2013

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
On that topic, what are yalls ENB settings / mods? Was avoiding it but using Nevada Skies + URLified makes everything look really bad to be honest.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Mr. Crow posted:

On that topic, what are yalls ENB settings / mods? Was avoiding it but using Nevada Skies + URLified makes everything look really bad to be honest.

I asked the same question and then realized that Millenia released his own preset. Problem solved :v:

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Are you running with any other overhauls? IWS is kind of crazy sometimes, especially in Primm or the NCR facility.

My advice is to run with Jsawyer, Project Nevada Equipment + Core, and Cirosan's overhaul. Then load up on a few followers and go to town.

Took your advice and switched to Jsawyer, PN and Cirosan, just past Primm and while it was still mental due to IWS it was more manageable since my limbs weren't falling off every 3 seconds.

Not sure whether I should have selected the DR + DT settings in Cirosan though, human enemies seem to take a lot of firepower to down...critters seem fine though. What settings do you guys use?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SpitefulHammer posted:

Took your advice and switched to Jsawyer, PN and Cirosan, just past Primm and while it was still mental due to IWS it was more manageable since my limbs weren't falling off every 3 seconds.

Not sure whether I should have selected the DR + DT settings in Cirosan though, human enemies seem to take a lot of firepower to down...critters seem fine though. What settings do you guys use?

Are you playing on the highest difficulty? If you're playing on Hard or Very Hard, the changes to damage output and input make it so that NPCs can take a lot more damage...which might be a problem if you're combining it with CCO DR + DT. Also, for various reasons, most of those overhauls don't touch critters (CCO, JSawyer, PN, etc.) so you'll have radical changes applied to human opponents, yourself, and your weapons, but nothing (or very little) done to creatures. As a result, you'll generally be destroying most of the wildlife unless you use a mod that specifically modifies them.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 26, 2013

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Sorry if this is addressed in the thread, but are there any good mod packs for New Vegas? I'd like to try it again, but I don't want to install mods one by one, I'd rather just download an uber file.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Sorry if this is addressed in the thread, but are there any good mod packs for New Vegas? I'd like to try it again, but I don't want to install mods one by one, I'd rather just download an uber file.

People on the Nexus wake in cold sweat at the idea of their mods being used without their express, written permission, notarized, and in triplicate.

So no. Suck it up.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
So I installed Fellout to make the outdoors look a bit prettier, and attempted to install FXAA shaders. I can easily tell Fellout is working fine, but am having issue figuring out if FXAA is running. Do I have to enable it with a console command or is there some way to swap it on/off fairly quickly to see if there is a noticeable difference. Or should I just take a screenshot, save quit and uninstall it and take another?

Edit: Changed to ENB, but am a bit overwhelmed with all of the options. Anyone have suggestions on where to start with it?

crazkylo fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 26, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I was playing around with doing this a few months ago, but there didn't seem to be any interest when I posted in this thread.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SpitefulHammer posted:

I like the DT and DR system. It can be rough though. IWS is honestly pretty tough. I play my Jsawyer/CCO characters with high agility, almost no matter what class type I'm playing.

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012
Thanks for the answers guys, going to experiment with turning DR off but will most likely just swallow my pride and turn the in game difficulty down to lower hp a bit. I'm guessing power armour wearers will really be a bastard to fight otherwise.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SpitefulHammer posted:

Thanks for the answers guys, going to experiment with turning DR off but will most likely just swallow my pride and turn the in game difficulty down to lower hp a bit. I'm guessing power armour wearers will really be a bastard to fight otherwise.

Difficulty does gently caress all except mess with HP values. Remember that.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

SpookyLizard posted:

Difficulty does gently caress all except mess with HP values. Remember that.

Difficulty doesn't do anything to HP. It modifies the damage you do to enemies and the damage enemies do to you.

Difficulty - Your Damage - Enemy damage
Very Easy - 200% - 50%
Easy - 150% - 75%
Normal - 100 % - 100%
Hard - 75% - 150%
Very Hard - 50% - 200%

Edit: VV That's true. Not sure which way it goes, and too lazy to check, but the damage formula is floating around somewhere in the wikis.

Smol fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 26, 2013

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Smol posted:

Difficulty doesn't do anything to HP. It modifies the damage you do to enemies and the damage enemies do to you.

Very Easy - 200% - 50%
Easy - 150% - 75%
Normal - 100 % - 100%
Hard - 75% - 150%
Very Hard - 50% - 200%
Assuming these modifiers apply after DT reduction is calculated, that's functionally identical to HP multipliers that are the inverse of the listed percentages.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Is there a fix for the bug where Veronica won't trigger her conversations at the different locations so I can get her quest started?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Stokes posted:

Is there a fix for the bug where Veronica won't trigger her conversations at the different locations so I can get her quest started?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/I_Could_Make_You_Care#Fixes

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Smol posted:

Very Easy - 200% - 50%
Easy - 150% - 75%
Normal - 100 % - 100%
Hard - 75% - 150%
Very Hard - 50% - 200%

Edit: VV That's true. Not sure which way it goes, and too lazy to check, but the damage formula is floating around somewhere in the wikis.

Puce Moose Tweaks has an esp - PMT Very Hard Damage Adjustment - that changes Very hard to where you still do 100% damage to remove that spongy feeling, but enemies do 250%. Or you can tweak those settings yourself: fDiffMultHPByPCVH / fDiffMultHPToPCVH, set the former to 1 and you do 100% damage.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50412/

MTindle released his Saiga-12k, well worth checking out.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Recently reinstalled the game with a bunch of mods + ENB, and having a blast. Theres something though that kind of annoys me, which is the lack of "splatter" when a dude dies after an explosion. Could I mod in more damage to limbs or more gore after an explosion?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

EVE sort of does that.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lalaland posted:

Recently reinstalled the game with a bunch of mods + ENB, and having a blast. Theres something though that kind of annoys me, which is the lack of "splatter" when a dude dies after an explosion. Could I mod in more damage to limbs or more gore after an explosion?

I'm fairly certain Wrye Bash can mod those values directly into the bashed patch out of the box, no additional mods needed. Otherwise there should be a few mods on the Nexus.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Already got EVE and I like it, but was looking for more.

I just got wrye bash and everytime I open it, it loads my skyrim load order instead of FNV, eventhough its installed in the FNV folder..

ed:

Ok I got it to work, but not sure how I could do that thing you talked about.

Basically This is my problem. I fired a missile at this guy and he died in a huge explosion with limbs and giblets flying all over the place.
But theres no blood decals at all.

lalaland fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 27, 2013

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Okay just found out this could possibly be a bug so im gonna reinstall all mods. Can someone confirm this isnt normal?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lalaland posted:

Okay just found out this could possibly be a bug so im gonna reinstall all mods. Can someone confirm this isnt normal?

Could be a glitch, you should try it a few more times just to be sure. Also post your load order.

You can edit the things I mentioned when you make a bashed patch, I believe it's called Game Settings in the checkbox list.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
My load order:

code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
CFWNV.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
NVEC BugFixes.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
AWOP-LowNPCSWastelandOnly.esp
AWOPLowLootGeneral.esp
AWOPLowLootMWeapons.esp
AWOPLowLootMWeaponsArmor.esp
AWOPLowLootSkillBooks.esp
VeronicaScribeRobe.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
dD-More Gore.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
CFW-DLC.esp
Omegared99 - Enb Transparency Fix.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
Nukes!.esp

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Lord Lambeth posted:

I was playing around with doing this a few months ago, but there didn't seem to be any interest when I posted in this thread.

There is interest.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

The problem with a big modpack is that everyone's prefences for what they like in their modded games is different.
Let's say I make a modpack that contains Project Nevada, WME and EVE. Well, what if you don't like EVE? Removing it will be a giant pain and you will likely spend way more time on it, then if you just installed Project Nevada and WME individually.

I suppose it's possible to make an installer where you can select which mods you want exactly. But in the time it would take for me to set something like that up, you could probably do several complete playthroughs of New Vegas.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

lalaland posted:

My load order:
[/code]
How's your gore otherwise? I can't recall explosion behavior with the blood mod you have but I do remember places were pretty red after a good fight and I never felt a want of gore on the setting that was in your mod list.

I miss this game. Maybe I should reinstall it.

...except that last time didn't end so well.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Raygereio posted:

The problem with a big modpack is that everyone's prefences for what they like in their modded games is different.
Let's say I make a modpack that contains Project Nevada, WME and EVE. Well, what if you don't like EVE? Removing it will be a giant pain and you will likely spend way more time on it, then if you just installed Project Nevada and WME individually.

I suppose it's possible to make an installer where you can select which mods you want exactly. But in the time it would take for me to set something like that up, you could probably do several complete playthroughs of New Vegas.

I can see if I could make them all fomods so they would be a complete snap to install/uninstall. I don't think I would include any visual mods like eve and fellout/urwlified, I don't think we would be able to reach consensus on which looks best.

Off the top of my head, here are some mods that I think would make a pretty good pack:

CCO and his Ulysses mod
Jsawyer's Mod
Fallout Uncut: Outside Bets
New Vegas Character Enhancements
Mission Mojave Ultimate edition
Lonesome Road alignment fix
Secret Stash Radio Mod

I'm trying to think of mods that aren't overly taxing on the ordinary computer. Any suggestions?

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Lord Lambeth posted:

I can see if I could make them all fomods so they would be a complete snap to install/uninstall.

The problem is that if you have a mergepatch to fix conflicts, disabling a mod suddenly breaks everything that uses that patch. You'd have to have a dozen merge patches merging different mods to account for whatever different combinations people might have.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Deleuzionist posted:

How's your gore otherwise? I can't recall explosion behavior with the blood mod you have but I do remember places were pretty red after a good fight and I never felt a want of gore on the setting that was in your mod list.

Yeah the gore with other weapons is just fine, its only with explosions that its really lacking. I tried turning off the mods one by one and play without mods at all and it must be the engine that is incapable of blood decals after an explosion.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

The problem is that if you have a mergepatch to fix conflicts, disabling a mod suddenly breaks everything that uses that patch. You'd have to have a dozen merge patches merging different mods to account for whatever different combinations people might have.

Did that TCOM pack for Oblivion do that? Because that's basically what I want to do, except for New Vegas.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Lord Lambeth posted:

Did that TCOM pack for Oblivion do that? Because that's basically what I want to do, except for New Vegas.

I want to say TCOM made you make your own bash, but I'm not certain. I definitely wouldn't make users make their own merge patches, though, that kind of defeats a lot of the point.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Lord Lambeth posted:

Off the top of my head, here are some mods that I think would make a pretty good pack:

Mission Mojave Ultimate edition
Lots of people aren't huge fans of Mission Mojave. It makes some... questionable changes. Like this "bug" that it fixes: "Y-17 trauma override harness were set female in vanilla despite them being trained soldiers." So if you want subtle sexism modded into your game, and more than 27,000 other edits by people who thought that was a great idea, then go with Mission Mojave. Otherwise...

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

That honestly sounds really nitpicky. Unless it adds more bugs then it takes out, I see no reason not to include it. I never had a problem with it on any of my multiple runs of the game.

I'm not trying to reduce the shocking fact that the modders are sexist, it's just that specific example isn't really enough for me to stop using Mission Mojave.

It would be easier for me to determine whether or not to include it if they had a bloody changelog somewhere.

TCOM may not have been the best example because New Vegas isn't nearly as broken as Oblivion, on a fundamental level.
vvv

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 28, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I've spent a lot of time in the Oblivion modding thread, and it's really surprising how problematic TCOM and FCOM are for people--even those who are experienced with modding the game. Common advice nowadays is to simply avoid them and install mods, one at a time, until you get to where you want to be. Because of the way it stacks and loads individual mods, the Gamebryo engine (as Oblivion and Fallout exist on it) simply doesn't lend itself to comprehensive all-in-one modding that utilities like TCOM shoot for. The exception to this are utilities like some Morrowind overhauls, where they are intended to be installed and left alone, with little user input on what stays and goes*.

*Although there are ways to modify some Morrowind overhaul installers so they skip unwanted mods, but then this invites compatibility issues when mods that are supposed to be installed no longer are.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
I'm getting my PC back soon and since I've been playing Fallout 1 and 2 a lot in the meantime I definitely think it's time to revisit New Vegas for the umpteenth time. Do I have to do anything to get Project Nevada and EVE to play together nicely or do I just add EVE to my existing mod setup?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

TehGherkin posted:

I'm getting my PC back soon and since I've been playing Fallout 1 and 2 a lot in the meantime I definitely think it's time to revisit New Vegas for the umpteenth time. Do I have to do anything to get Project Nevada and EVE to play together nicely or do I just add EVE to my existing mod setup?

You need to download a Project Nevada - EVE patch here. Not sure if the compatibility patch covers the latest version(s) of EVE, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

I'm not trying to reduce the shocking fact that the modders are sexist, it's just that specific example isn't really enough for me to stop using Mission Mojave.
It would be easier for me to determine whether or not to include it if they had a bloody changelog somewhere.
The lack of documentation is already a very good reason not to use it. It's build of the old Community Patch which contains a lot of completely unnecessary fixes, introduces new bugs and is already completely undocumented. And then on top of that you have whatever the Mission Mojave people did to it which is also completely undocumented.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 28, 2013