Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Ok cool thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Reasonerr posted:

Try this guide:
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/classes-telara/class-guides/cleric-guides/349476-justicar-leveling-guide.html

It is OVERLY extensive, however now that you've gotten your feet wet most of it should make sense. This was the only posted build that sounded very promising that I didn't get to try. At the time I went looking the dude hadn't finished updating the builds/guide for SL content, which was what I needed. Looks like now he's gone back and finished it all out for the most recent patch (you can see the edit dates/times in the OPs). The guide was first created many patches ago, so the first couple of pages of replies are outdated, look towards the last page for recent feedback.
This one seems to have the best mix of ST and AoE DPS with good survivability and no damned pet.
If you don't mind a pet, there's a great druid-based leveling build I can link you to, it has good feedback, however it suffers from the same problem (personal critique) of having more buttons than I play Rift to think about.
This build seems like it has the best ability to half-think and watch netflix or something while working through quests, that's an important part for me at least.
If that doesn't work for you or you want to try something different/different style let me know more what you're looking for leveling wise and I'll dig something good up for you.

Not to rain on your parade, but if you use a justicar build for the sole purpose of leveling your doing it very very wrong. The most you should probably ever go in justicar for leveling is 16 in order to get your AoE strike but even thats kind of excessive. Your better off going full defiler, full inquisitor, or full shaman which are all better options than justicar.

I can understand why people dont like pets, unfortunately if your not using a druid pet for leveling your really gimping yourself in terms of killing speed and survivabilty when leveling a cleric. With the druid build that i used to level with i had a macro for single target, a macro for aoe, a macro for ranged, and i bound vex to my Q button for easy pulling.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Verranicus posted:

Can someone explain how to use BananAH? it's kind of going over my head at this point. I just want to be able to sell stuff at a 1 silver undercut, nothing fancy.

Whenever you see an item you want to undercut, just right click on it.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Beach Party posted:

Not to rain on your parade, but if you use a justicar build for the sole purpose of leveling your doing it very very wrong. The most you should probably ever go in justicar for leveling is 16 in order to get your AoE strike but even thats kind of excessive. Your better off going full defiler, full inquisitor, or full shaman which are all better options than justicar.

I can understand why people dont like pets, unfortunately if your not using a druid pet for leveling your really gimping yourself in terms of killing speed and survivabilty when leveling a cleric. With the druid build that i used to level with i had a macro for single target, a macro for aoe, a macro for ranged, and i bound vex to my Q button for easy pulling.

Seconding a druidicar build for cleric levelling (my experience with it was 50+); your tank pet ae taunts, and you can give yourself a buff that makes your pet AE on every hit it lands. Tank pet is easymode/AE, you'll never die unless you aren't paying attention at all.

For IA/rifts you can use a group-healing pet, or an AE caster pet or for single mobs a single target dps pet. It's very versatile and all you have to do to manage the pet is have 'pet attack' and 'pet passive' abilities on hotkeys somewhere so you can force it to back off of everything when needed, or force it to attack a specific thing. Otherwise, left to do it's own thing your pet attacks what you attack or what attacks you and doesn't take much management.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

mr. nazi posted:

Seconding a druidicar build for cleric levelling (my experience with it was 50+); your tank pet ae taunts, and you can give yourself a buff that makes your pet AE on every hit it lands.

Not to mention Aid of the Forest, which heals you whenever tour pet does damage.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Made an alt called Dranithor, need an invite.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Eltoasto posted:

And to add to that, disabling pvp gives you a 5 minute buff that looks like a fist. It counts down and your pvp is turned off if it hits zero without you attacking or healing someone involved in pvp.

put it in the OPPPP

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

mr. nazi posted:

Seconding a druidicar build for cleric levelling (my experience with it was 50+); your tank pet ae taunts, and you can give yourself a buff that makes your pet AE on every hit it lands. Tank pet is easymode/AE, you'll never die unless you aren't paying attention at all.

For IA/rifts you can use a group-healing pet, or an AE caster pet or for single mobs a single target dps pet. It's very versatile and all you have to do to manage the pet is have 'pet attack' and 'pet passive' abilities on hotkeys somewhere so you can force it to back off of everything when needed, or force it to attack a specific thing. Otherwise, left to do it's own thing your pet attacks what you attack or what attacks you and doesn't take much management.

Just as a side note on this, druids dont become the grinding AoE beasts they are known to be until you can put 44 into druid. Spirit of upheaval(44 points) along with Aid of the Forest(36 points) make any encounter laughably easy. I suggest going Druid to 44 points with Inquisitor taking the rest of the points leftover. The 3rd soul can then be used for salvation at zero points in justicar or what i did, zero points into shaman for vengeance of the winter storm buff. I found i wasnt going below 95% health on any fight so the shaman zero point buff just made killing faster by adding straight damage to every attack.

Edit: If anyone wants my macros or to see my soul tree showing where i dropped my points just let me know and i will post them when i get home from work.

Beach Party fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 25, 2013

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Verranicus posted:

Can someone explain how to use BananAH? it's kind of going over my head at this point. I just want to be able to sell stuff at a 1 silver undercut, nothing fancy.

Hotsaucerman'S BananAH Guide for Undercutting by 1s, Nothing Fancy:

1. Go to an Auctioneer and open the normal AH:

2. Click the little banana icon next to your minimap or type in /bananah.

3. Press the "Full Scan" button on the top right of the BananAH UI. After you hit the scan button, the line in the UI under the "Track Auction" button in the lower left corner will keep you updated on scan information so you can tell when it is done scanning. Full auction house scans take about 30 seconds in Rift, it's really nice and I find myself rescanning if I just step away from the computer for a minute, which is almost definitely unnecessary.

"FULL SCAN" in the upper right corner, I guess Rift hides your cursor when you take a screenshot. Then watch the lower left corner to tell when the scan is complete.

4. Press the "POST" button in the upper left corner, between "SEARCH" and "SELLING". You will have a list of your items for sale on the left hand side. Select the item you would like to sell. This will open a list of all the others of that item currently being sold by other people on the right. They are listed in order of cheapest to most expensive, so right click the one on the top. Right clicking an auction sets your price to 1 silver under the price of the other person's auction. You can see the pricing above the listings window on the right hand side.

5. Once you have your price where you want it, click the "Post" button between the listings and the pricing on the right hand side. You're done!

Miscellaneous other things:
You can also buy from POST window if someone is undercutting to a crazy degree. Click their auction in the listings and hit "Buy" in the lower right corner.
If the price you are putting your item up for is under the vendor price for that item, the bid or buyout price under POST will turn red. Don't post red prices! Just vendor it instead.
The SEARCH tab is also nice for buying stuff you want. It lets you know how much the item usually sells for, making finding a deal easier.
If you want to undercut by MORE than 1 silver for some weird reason (seriously why do you want to do that?) click "CONFIG" to the left of FULL SCAN, then in that option window press POST (not the big POST button for posting auctions). That will give you the option of changing the specific amount to undercut every time or a percentage to undercut by.

There you go, I don't think there's much more to say about it! Use BananAH, become rich and ride the finest spiders.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 25, 2013

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

mr. nazi posted:

Yeah, Druidicar absolutely owns for leveling. The only time I've died was trying to grab the fire essence out of the pool of lava over on ember isle :supaburn:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Posting for Vandee, I am Bufus ingame.

I can now invite people if needed yay :)

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Drythe posted:

Made an alt called Dranithor, need an invite.

Got ya.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
My extra Raptr code is up for grabs again! If you just want your code now and don't want to wait for Raptr whatever. Just pass along your code when you get it.

PM me or shoot me a tell IG (Lisieux) and I'll send it out.

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 26, 2013

Kedian
Jul 25, 2007
Rawr!!
Starting playing again after not having done so since launch.
Could use an invite - Kalon

Pandar
Oct 23, 2008

Bonapartisan posted:

I have an extra Raptr SL+30 day code.

PM me if you want it, and pass on the love to others when you get a code.

PM'd you.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

im gaunun

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

In as Chrysoberyl new to this game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

quote:

(The Transfiguration Bauble) is consumed.

~Daglar

Welp. :suicide:

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

I've been playing a warrior for a bit and quite like how abilities are based on the little sword resources. Looking through the souls I saw that one of the warrior souls also has a reactive ability after they blocked an attack.

Since I'm not sure whether I want to stick with my warrior, I was kinda wondering what the class/soul is that relies the most on both reactive abilities and resource management?

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
Did the raptr reward program to get the full game + 30 days. Now to check this game out for real. Decided to make a mage for now ign: Xobraix.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
With the upcoming influx of new players (myself included), can we get a list of some leveling specs for each class? Going X points in Y soul is helpful only to people who've been playing for awhile. New players may not understand which points go where, or why they should go where.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Gerdalti posted:

With the upcoming influx of new players (myself included), can we get a list of some leveling specs for each class? Going X points in Y soul is helpful only to people who've been playing for awhile. New players may not understand which points go where, or why they should go where.

Well I made a nice mage one! The other classes need to step up and follow my example :colbert:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Eltoasto posted:

Well I made a nice mage one! The other classes need to step up and follow my example :colbert:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...ng-50-60-a.html

Warriors literally 4 button leveling guide is really, really easy to use. Make sure you grab those warlord points first.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

Best rogue leveling build i found was Nightblade/Rift Stalker/Tact.

First four points you get go into tactician for Curative engine buff, then work up to 8 points in rift stalker for boosted recovery. After that, every point goes into Nightblade with your leftover points filling out the rest of rift stalker.

The build at 50: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/betaStorm2012#wkkGaii8D4/Tf/tr555i

Edit: You can replace Nightblade with any other damage soul and get close to the same results. I like nightblade since you can macro just about everything so you dont even need to look at the screen while leveling up. Also the level 40 nightblade skill is one of the best skills you can get in the game. A 50% heal over 4 seconds every 2 minutes? Yes please.

Beach Party fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 26, 2013

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Beach Party posted:

Best rogue leveling build i found was Nightblade/Rift Stalker/Tact.

First four points you get go into tactician for Curative engine buff, then work up to 8 points in rift stalker for boosted recovery. After that, every point goes into Nightblade with your leftover points filling out the rest of rift stalker.

The build at 50: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/betaStorm2012#wkkGaii8D4/Tf/tr555i

Yup, this is what I've used for leveling my rogue. I used tactician until I got into Seratos and then gave up for a while because it just didn't work there. I took too much damage and did too little even using cooldowns.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

I had a post here with a build that I thought I used, but it turns out I modified my own build so I'll make another post later for a cleric druidicar build.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 26, 2013

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Back in as Photex. Let's get this restarted!

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Gerdalti posted:

For a cleric, go defiler / cab and do your first 16 points in Defiler so you can grab the beacon. Once you get that, you can either do 17 points in cab to get the ability that makes Bound Fate spread Tyranny of Death, then go for the rest in defiler, or if you don't mind manually dotting everything, keep going defiler until you get the ability that has a chance to add foul growth stacks to the beacon when it's hit.

If you aren't getting the expansion / buying the defiler soul after the 12th, Druid / Justicer is a good leveling build, too. Put 16 points in Justicar (get the healing bonus from conviction) to get Even Justice, then put the rest in druid while you are leveling up.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I thought I'd give this is a shot and I got the raptr code, but when I try to apply said code it takes me to the purchase page on the rift site. Under my raptr account is says the code is claimed, but I don't seem to have Storm Legion.

Is there something I'm supposed to do?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Madcosby posted:

I thought I'd give this is a shot and I got the raptr code, but when I try to apply said code it takes me to the purchase page on the rift site. Under my raptr account is says the code is claimed, but I don't seem to have Storm Legion.

Is there something I'm supposed to do?

Input the code at https://rift.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

(After inputting my raptr code) Same thing, it takes me to the purchase rift/select a plan page. Do I need to select a plan and enter a credit card #?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Well since it isn't free to play yet, they are still on the subscription model. So it would make sense that you would need to enter the details, just read the pages carefully and make sure it's not charging until after 30 days (cancel before then, so you don't get charged 30 days of whatever it becomes after June 12th).

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mr. nazi posted:

Well since it isn't free to play yet, they are still on the subscription model. So it would make sense that you would need to enter the details, just read the pages carefully and make sure it's not charging until after 30 days (cancel before then, so you don't get charged 30 days of whatever it becomes after June 12th).

Ah, yes, I've been dumb. I went ahead and entered my card info and when it came to charging me, it was $0.00, so I just had to take that last step. Remind me in 29 days to cancel my subscription!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Made an alt called Zenhammer, need an invite.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Is there any action in the guild for EU players? I'm not a +-+hardcore+-+ raider anymore, but I'd still like to be able to run heroics and the occasional raid with my guildies.

Will I get this on my crazy EU time or will I find a desolated guild and be forced to pug with (non goon) idiots?

Or, if anyone's got a goon friendly guild on a EU shard, hook me up!

Asking one last time, maybe someone can answer?

IA's really are a blast to level with. You just enter and run around with a mob killing poo poo and not worrying about anything.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Asking one last time, maybe someone can answer?

IA's really are a blast to level with. You just enter and run around with a mob killing poo poo and not worrying about anything.

I was on at 3am server time last night and ~15 people were online. Server time is PST.

There is the ability to join cross-server queues and instances, so if you join the channels that advertise raids/cross server stuff there's almost always a lot going on. Far as I know though there is not any sort of EU timezone raiding happening in <Goonsquad> <Everything is Fine>

Rift is one of the best MMOs for making it easy to play with other people and things to do with those people.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 26, 2013

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Positive mentions, getting bored of Neverwinter and the Raptr promo made me get back to Rift for the first time since just after release. Everything is strange. :ohdear:

I'd appreciate an invite as Molar.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Just something to note, I was looking on Reddit (shame, I know) but in /rift they were saying that you CANNOT claim a Raptr SL+30 day code on the same IP. Have no idea if this is true, but if any of you are having an issue claiming a code, this *MIGHT* be why.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

so I claimed the code and got charged 14.99 for a month subscription, i'm assuming because I was a previous subscriber? $15 for SL and it's goodies before f2p isn't a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Not sure what some of you are doing wrong, but I never had to enter CC info and I have SL + 30 Days. I am guessing Photex got charged because he isn't allowed the new game time on an existing old account, but as far as Madcosby is concerned..unless he's putting the code in on an old account, not sure why he'd need CC info. I have an old account, but since I couldn't get into it (forgot security codes, etc) I decided to make a trial account and used that for the SL + 30 Days.

• Locked thread