Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Devil Ed posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-347/

New page,, Noisemaster continues to be great.

Poor Piano, indeed.

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
$75,290. Hell of an amount. Awesome.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
And over $10,000 more than book one's KS, with roughly 200 more backers and an extra $1.60 donated per backer! I didn't actually start reading until after last year's double updates were finished, so I'm excited for July! :getin:

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

I put in some cash for it too, I didn't get to back for the first time but this is a consistently great series that deserves publication. Great art, characters and story...oh, and on a steady schedule as well! (Seriously, its a drat rarity and Digi's work must be hard to pull off!)

Poor Princess Piano (And everyone's ears too). :(

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Books should be ready for printing July 15th, and here's a preview of the 10-page bonus comic:

:allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gigi. Gigi.

I want a deck of Cabbage Cards now.

Not even the other guys. Just Cabbage.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So are we getting two more months out of that extra 10K we gave? The 20K between the two final stretch goals was supposed to cover four months, so it would seem kinda crummy if we didn't.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Considering it seems like Gigi sometimes just can't resist throwing out bonus updates whenever she feels like it, I don't think it'll really matter that much, in the end.

Also that's not really how stretch goals work.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

"fyi the increased update period will probably end up being 'for as long as it's financially possible for me to work on my comic full-time'"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

After taxes and the cost of production and shipping, I wonder how much money she has to live on from the Kickstarter. 30,000 dollars?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I want a full set of Noisemaster merch after this. Or I want to see someone cosplay him :allears: Noise-based villains have wayyyyy too little spotlight in all media.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Waffleman_ posted:

Gigi. Gigi.

I want a deck of Cabbage Cards now.

Not even the other guys. Just Cabbage.

Cabbage has way too much jerkface. There won't be any room left for anyone else's face.

Also, really digging Noisemaster's eye, if that's what it is. Characters that manage to be expressive without a "face" as we know it are always fun.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Urdnot Fire posted:

Books should be ready for printing July 15th, and here's a preview of the 10-page bonus comic:

:allears:

The Jerkface of Black Diamonds?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arbitrary Number posted:

The Jerkface of Black Diamonds?

The Jerk of Paids.

Cabbage colored it in himself with marker.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I love Noisemaster's design. It's so loud in every conceivable way. This is going to be a good chapter.

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I love the colors on this page and how they imply that the entire concert hall is being lit by fluorescent lights now.
I've been loving this, too. Gigi always does such an awesome job of portraying light and darkness in her art.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
This Noisemaster, I think I need to have him as an Avatar but I'm not sure how the saturation will clean up on the current page. :(

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, here's a couple I did really quick:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I just shotgunned the whole thing in a few hours, and I have to say this is amazing. I'm getting some serious Paper Mario vibes, and the first one's one of my favorite games, so I'm super pumped to see how this goes.

I can't wait for Saturday to come back. :allears:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
The visual parallels with Jet Set/Grind Radio have already been made (especially re: Noisemaster's design), but I've been really reminded of the fantastic use of color and patterns/screentones (especially to depict light and shadow) in the recent Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series.

I don't think that there's a direct link, but I will welcome any crazy, hyper-saturated, neon craziness that I come across.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Smoking Crow posted:

I just shotgunned the whole thing in a few hours, and I have to say this is amazing. I'm getting some serious Paper Mario vibes, and the first one's one of my favorite games, so I'm super pumped to see how this goes.

Then by all means take a peek at Gigi's tumblr, I'm sure you'll like it.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The Ripple Kingdom had Splashmaster, a splash being a more destructive ripple. The Melody Kingdom has Noisemaster, and noise is a destructive sort of melody. Clearly, the eventual return to the Doughnut Kingdom will reveal Paczkimaster.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

General Ironicus posted:

. Clearly, the eventual return to the Doughnut Kingdom will reveal Paczkimaster.

dressed as Otto von Bismark or, perhaps, Napoleon.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

fritz posted:

dressed as Otto von Bismark or, perhaps, Napoleon.

Obviously, it would have to be the latter.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

General Ironicus posted:

The Ripple Kingdom had Splashmaster, a splash being a more destructive ripple. The Melody Kingdom has Noisemaster, and noise is a destructive sort of melody. Clearly, the eventual return to the Doughnut Kingdom will reveal Paczkimaster.
Pączkimaster :goonsay:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Samovar posted:

Obviously, it would have to be the latter.

I didn't pick the first name for no reason : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_%28doughnut%29

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-348/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBrSV-SarPE

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Now they're just encouraging him!

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Say what you will, it's hard to dislike such an upbeat villain. :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dad Jokes posted:

Say what you will, it's hard to dislike such an upbeat villain. :allears:

Wait he's the villain? I am rooting for him so hard right now :allears: Things shall get loud now with that Noisecannon. I wonder if he has a Noise Tank as well...

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
These last few pages are so beautifully garish.

Kikas posted:

Wait he's the villain? I am rooting for him so hard right now :allears: Things shall get loud now with that Noisecannon. I wonder if he has a Noise Tank as well...

He certainly seems to have things more together than the last guy. I was actually thinking all the disaster masters were going to be horribly incompetent.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

voting third party posted:

Come to think of it, the colors remind me of 90s toys, especially G2 Transformers. Those were eye-searingly garish, like a bunch of extreme colors were slapped on randomly. They're gorgeous.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

He certainly seems to have things more together than the last guy. I was actually thinking all the disaster masters were going to be horribly incompetent.

I imagine they'll gradually get more and more competent as they go, following the usual video game rules.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Are we still taking a guess at what would Noisemaster sound like? Because I'm thinking OG Loc :allears:
And oh my god this comic has the best colors.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

SexyBlindfold posted:

Are we still taking a guess at what would Noisemaster sound like? Because I'm thinking OG Loc :allears:

I'm hearing DJ Professor K.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

SexyBlindfold posted:

The closest we're likely to get on the subject, in three tweets:

quote:

fan: @gigideegee any time noisemaster speaks with caps i end up thinking of it as like the beastie boys all coming in for one word
gigi: that's literally how i wrote it. thank you.
gigi: NOT EVEN KIDDING

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

You can definitely see why the Nightmare Knight has a lot more confidence in Noisemaster than he did in Splashmaster.

Though from what we've seen so far, I suspect Noisemaster's weakness might be good ol' monologuing. Guy likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much (though who can blame him?)

E: whoops, forgot the link.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 29, 2013

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

A better look at the new outfits.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

The closest we're likely to get on the subject, in three tweets:
... Yeah, "The Beastie Boys. ALL OF THEM" seems about right. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
This isn't a new veiwpoint obviously, but I just love the colors on the last few pages. It's amazing how such garish colors can look so good.