Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Could someone explain how most bladed weapons somehow make Krieg do less damage, but Law and the Rapier make him do more? Because I juat cannot wrap my head around this.

Also check the ECHOcast for DANCIN' KIRBY. poo poo's kawaii as gently caress, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Father Wendigo posted:

Could someone explain how most bladed weapons somehow make Krieg do less damage, but Law and the Rapier make him do more? Because I juat cannot wrap my head around this.

Most melee weapons give a 50% bonus, Law gives a 100% bonus, and the Rapier gives a 200% bonus.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

smashpro1 posted:

Most melee weapons give a 50% bonus, Law gives a 100% bonus, and the Rapier gives a 200% bonus.

that's some interesting math you have there.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I played around with Krieg's invincibility glitch a little. It's mostly just a novelty thing. Anytime you load in to a new area it fixes the frame glitch. The only thing it might be useful for is UVHM Dexidous and that's pretty much it.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Also check the ECHOcast for DANCIN' KIRBY. poo poo's kawaii as gently caress, son.
Bladed weapons aren't stacked with Krieg's base melee damage, it's multiplicative. At a certain level Krieg will hit higher than 50% damage on his own, so using a bladed weapon will just multiply that by 50%, and thus bring it down. The Law and Rapier are the only guaranteed ways not to bring down his melee damage. I think the highest he can get on his own is somewhere like 77% at level 61.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kifisonfire posted:

Bladed weapons aren't stacked with Krieg's base melee damage, it's multiplicative. At a certain level Krieg will hit higher than 50% damage on his own, so using a bladed weapon will just multiply that by 50%, and thus bring it down. The Law and Rapier are the only guaranteed ways not to bring down his melee damage. I think the highest he can get on his own is somewhere like 77% at level 61.
Will that effect BuzzAxe Rampage? I just got a purple Tedi with a knife from the slots and a Bandit gripped Tedi launcher. This is may necessitate some juggling.

Oh, also: I was rolling with Free Shrugs early this morning and managed to get a fine Inflammable Love Thumper. Is anyone who's not running Hellborne intrested in getting a TVHM level copy?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Will that effect BuzzAxe Rampage? I just got a purple Tedi with a knife from the slots and a Bandit gripped Tedi launcher. This is may necessitate some juggling.

Oh, also: I was rolling with Free Shrugs early this morning and managed to get a fine Inflammable Love Thumper. Is anyone who's not running Hellborne intrested in getting a TVHM level copy?
Nope, the buzz axe takes over any other weapon. Melee damage for BAR is 500% multiplied by your base melee damage. It's only bladed weapons which overwrite his melee damage. Hell a bladed Rubi will eventually heal you for less than a regular one in the later levels.

But none of that matters because Tina is killing it on Twitter and I would unironically follow the poo poo out of her if she had a separate account.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey guys, I got a Level 61 Legendary Siren mod for anyone who is interested!! Also I am still looking for a shock and corrosive 61 Norfleet!

Also I wish the game would stop dropping psycho mods, at least for me. I've seen a billion of them and I have no plans on buying him.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

:aaa:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dziFcED0Ow I halfway made a thing showing off Krieg's bloodsplosion skill.

iKissChicks
May 1, 2008
I've been lurking this thread from page one, and am sure this has been answered at some point, so please don't hurt me!
Can anyone give me some advice on defeating Hyperius in TVHM? I play as a lvl 50 Siren and my girlfriend is a lvl 50 Gunzerker. We don't really have an internet connection at the moment so duping awesome gear is out; but we farm the treasure room glitch a lot, so I guess we'll run into some things? The closest we can get is defeating his minions, but by then I'm out of ammo, so I'm not really contributing to the fight other than Res'ing her. What should I be looking for in the treasure room? Thanks!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

If you don't have the internet that means you probably don't have the latest patches, just figure out how to do the Evil Smasher glitch with your gun of choice and go nuts. To fight him over and over again without paying the eridium just kill him, walk out of his area to the vending machines and then you can just walk back in and he'll have spawned again.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If he's that far behind in patches Hyperius would still have his daily limit. Which you can circumvent by setting the internal clock on your system ahead or whatever.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
This is the easiest time I've ever had in TVHM. Goddamn Krieg is so drat fun. Two shotting rabid skags left and right, getting crits up too 150k on bandits with melee, doing 107k worth of melee damage of puke skags.

Krieg is easily my most favorite character to play as in this whole game.

iKissChicks
May 1, 2008

The Duke posted:

If you don't have the internet that means you probably don't have the latest patches, just figure out how to do the Evil Smasher glitch with your gun of choice and go nuts. To fight him over and over again without paying the eridium just kill him, walk out of his area to the vending machines and then you can just walk back in and he'll have spawned again.

Ok I think I can do that; but since I'm a simple girl, I don't really know what patches I have or don't have, esp. in regards to hot fixes and whatnot. I just bought the DLC pack from GameStop which had Gaige, Pirate and Torgue DLC, and some patch plus some skins. So you're saying the Evil Smasher glitch should still work for me? Out of curiosity, would the Bee still work as well? Just wondering before I bother farming for one!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

This is the easiest time I've ever had in TVHM. Goddamn Krieg is so drat fun. Two shotting rabid skags left and right, getting crits up too 150k on bandits with melee, doing 107k worth of melee damage of puke skags.

Krieg is easily my most favorite character to play as in this whole game.

He's easily the best thing that has happened to this game and so many dumbasses want to nerf him already. I went through UVHM without using slag at all and just abusing the hell out of release the beast to win fights I otherwise shouldn't have.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

iKissChicks posted:

Ok I think I can do that; but since I'm a simple girl, I don't really know what patches I have or don't have, esp. in regards to hot fixes and whatnot. I just bought the DLC pack from GameStop which had Gaige, Pirate and Torgue DLC, and some patch plus some skins. So you're saying the Evil Smasher glitch should still work for me? Out of curiosity, would the Bee still work as well? Just wondering before I bother farming for one!

The Bee might still be prenerf. Who knows what patches they rolled into the DLC disc. I don't think the ES glitch got fixed until after that disc was out, so it very well may work.

As far as running out of ammo, there's a gunzerker mod series called Hoarder that has ammo regen on it. If you can come up with one of those then that does a pretty good job of keeping ammo coming in. It doesn't regen rockets or grenades tho.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Krieg is the first time I've legitimately leveled up a character since the first time to 50, and god drat is it great. Started in the Hellborn tree, but respecced as soon as I found a blue rarity Rage Sickle mod that buffs a few good skills in the Mania tree. Before UVHM came out I had all 5 characters at 50, but I really can't see myself picking up my assassin or siren again.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

About to go into Hero's Pass and I see King Mong, figured I'd kill him for the sake of it. Dude dropped a corrosive Invader. It's like he knew where I was going or something.

I don't know if I'm going to do UVHM legitimately with Krieg. I'd like some quest rewards mind you, but it's getting tough now and I can't be bothered to slag everything before I kill them.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I didn't have any problems with Krieg like I had with every other character in UVHM and I rarely if ever used slag. It was actually the most fun I've had in UVHM thanks to chaining release the beast over and over. The only problem I had was silence the voices proccing 5 times in a loving row with rabid stalkers/skags mauling me.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So apparently there's a glitch which lets you equip Krieg's buzz axe as an actual weapon. Basically we need to find out how to do this and give two of them to a Gunzerker

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Kifisonfire posted:

So apparently there's a glitch which lets you equip Krieg's buzz axe as an actual weapon. Basically we need to find out how to do this and give two of them to a Gunzerker

I think I just released the beast in my pants.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Time to figure this one out!

I havent played this game in awhile since i got burnt out on them taking the easy power leveling, but did try krieg, and he seems like a blast (lvl 1-20 doing heros pass on UTVHM). So i might have to level up everyone to 61...hint hint!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
You know what's not fun? Having the friendly fire skill taken, and playing with a couple of dudes with Firehawk shields. :suicide:

Speedboat Jones posted:

Started in the Hellborn tree, but respecced as soon as I found a blue rarity Rage Sickle mod that buffs a few good skills in the Mania tree.

That sounds like something I might want.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

iKissChicks posted:

If you can get the Bee even better. I don't imagine the ES glitch is included with the DLC disc, it's fairly recent.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So I was killing some dudes at the start of UVHM, and then this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZe-OFYzWy4

Unfortunately I couldn't equip the axe, and meleeing just did the normal Krieg animation. But it was funny to me.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't kill any of the "the invincible" guys solo on my Lv 51 Krieg in TVHM. Does anyone recommend gear/tips for any of them?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

rock2much posted:

I can't kill any of the "the invincible" guys solo on my Lv 51 Krieg in TVHM. Does anyone recommend gear/tips for any of them?

Rapier + Love Tumper / Flame of the Firehawk.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Yeah, I just can't be bothered to really go through UVHM, it's worse because I only play with certain people so we have a limited amount of time to play.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
To be honest, there's not a whole lot of reasons to finish UVHM and hit 61, unless you really want E-Tech guns since those drop like candy, every boss is just a horrible slog of a fight with or without Slag and parts of the game are no go zones due to the sheer amount of powerful guys there.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

To be honest, there's not a whole lot of reasons to finish UVHM and hit 61, unless you really want E-Tech guns since those drop like candy, every boss is just a horrible slog of a fight with or without Slag and parts of the game are no go zones due to the sheer amount of powerful guys there.
I disagree with this a ton, probably because once you've beaten it TVHM is really easy. UVHM should be hard, and the slag element really comes into it's own there. I never used slag in TVHM since there was no point. Now it's actually really useful, so having a good slag grenade or a Slagga means you can breeze through a lot more fights.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Gamespot has a 40-minute preview video of the Tiny Tina DLC: http://www.gamespot.com/borderlands...review-6408882/

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wow, it looks like he had the same idea as the guys who did Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

I am not complaining.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I like the idea of Tiny Tina dealing with all the poo poo that happened in the main game by basically pretending it didn't happen and playing a game of D&D instead.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kifisonfire posted:

Judge Tesla posted:

I disagree with this a ton, probably because once you've beaten it TVHM is really easy. UVHM should be hard, and the slag element really comes into it's own there. I never used slag in TVHM since there was no point. Now it's actually really useful, so having a good slag grenade or a Slagga means you can breeze through a lot more fights.
I'd say there would still be plenty of challenge in TVHM if it scaled with you; things like Badass Constructers, Heavy Nomads, Badass Buzzards, and Goliath Blasters were pretty nasty speedbumps even when I was three or four levels above them after completing TVHM and hitting 53 with Krieg. UVHM is, as advertised, hard-mode. However, I would really, really love to be able to do things like new or unplayed DLC on a level scaled TVHM. For example, with the new TT's B&B RPG DLC I'd like a slightly above moderate-ish challenge my first time through just to get the story and gags.

Speaking of which, TT's B&B RPG DLC looked like there was some surprising effort showing; I'm really looking forward to it.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

I'd say there would still be plenty of challenge in TVHM if it scaled with you; things like Badass Constructers, Heavy Nomads, Badass Buzzards, and Goliath Blasters were pretty nasty speedbumps even when I was three or four levels above them after completing TVHM and hitting 53 with Krieg. UVHM is, as advertised, hard-mode. However, I would really, really love to be able to do things like new or unplayed DLC on a level scaled TVHM. For example, with the new TT's B&B RPG DLC I'd like a slightly above moderate-ish challenge my first time through just to get the story and gags.

Speaking of which, TT's B&B RPG DLC looked like there was some surprising effort showing; I'm really looking forward to it.
A lot of those enemies are pretty rare as it is though. Badass Constructers should be hard since you only see two of them in the whole game, and one is technically skippable. I will say the only thing I don't like about UVHM is how much it limits you to trying new builds once you've beaten the game. I haven't touched my Mechromancer since I beat it, and probably won't for a while either.

Still watching that video and saw the name of the main area is just another way to say Fyrestone. It looks like a lot of fun, lots to do, fun places to spend Eridium. Hopefully the Seraph weapons and raid bosses will be good too.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kifisonfire posted:

A lot of those enemies are pretty rare as it is though. Badass Constructers should be hard since you only see two of them in the whole game, and one is technically skippable. I will say the only thing I don't like about UVHM is how much it limits you to trying new builds once you've beaten the game. I haven't touched my Mechromancer since I beat it, and probably won't for a while either.
The human badasses are a lot more common in Sawtooth Cauldron, which was actually kind of fun(!) at 53-54 in TVHM. Having to duck and weave through chaff-level psychos and maruders to get a clear shot at the Badass Midget who's pasting my rear end from one of the elevated platforms was actually pretty intense and fun. I'm realizing that the introduction of the reskinned, restrategized enemies in playthrough 2+ really did make things a lot more interesting with human enemies, and I'm kind of curious why there weren't any new robots to speak of outside of the Angelic Guards popping up outside of their usual spawn point.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Holy poo poo that DLC looks like fun. Lots of LotR references from what I could tell with the video muted. I am super-stoked for the story playing along like Braid, where the narration flows in-step with your progression. Really looks like it ties the game together and it's blowing up my inflatable anticipation doll to the point of bursting.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Which trees are you specing into? The fire damage and the middle/melee one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah, this DLC looks stupid fun. I love she just keeps changing her mind about details and making poo poo up on the fly. Really looking forward to this. This month is going to draaaaaaaaaaag.

• Locked thread