Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Where's the goddamn freedom tower? Isn't that the biggest building in the northern hemisphere?

Also the kit doesn't look that bad when you can't see the badge shield thing, but the blue seems to have gone back to the fluorescent-esque shade that umbro weaned out over the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Lmao at the poznan in promo material.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Ninpo posted:

Lmao at the poznan in promo material.

No jumping, not Poznan :colbert: , it's just erm....a symbol of togetherness!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Whoever was responsible for touching up this picture did a pretty horrible job:

Needs more light shone into their eyes imo

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Where's the goddamn freedom tower? Isn't that the biggest building in the northern hemisphere?

It's about three miles to the south (left) of the Empire State Building

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

should have chosen the promenade downtown is nicer :colbert:

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
Nike releases mock-up of NASL Cosmos kit: http://nycosmos.com/news/cosmos-release-teams-complete-kit-2013

Hmm. Nike is really overdoing the minimal this year.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.

WangNV posted:

You do realize that the Cosmos are a NASL franchise that will likely play to crowds of 5k or less, and do not have the money for a full custom kit, don't you?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Woof! Woof! posted:

You do realize that the Cosmos are a NASL franchise that will likely play to crowds of 5k or less, and do not have the money for a full custom kit, don't you?

Haha, I'm not sure if you're being serious but if you are this is so wrong. This is a custom kit. It won't cost Cosmos a dime more if they want ugly gradients the alá Barcleona away from this season.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegav posted:

Haha, I'm not sure if you're being serious but if you are this is so wrong. This is a custom kit. It won't cost Cosmos a dime more if they want ugly gradients the alá Barcleona away from this season.

This is correct, but Nike probably didn't want to spend any time creating a kit for a team that will never play in front of a big crowd, if they ever play at all (are the cosmos even a real team yet?)

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

blue footed boobie posted:

This is correct, but Nike probably didn't want to spend any time creating a kit for a team that will never play in front of a big crowd, if they ever play at all (are the cosmos even a real team yet?)

Yes they'll be playing in the NASL this coming season, and they should have a nice solid fanbase. I'll probably go check out a match.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Yes, they start play in the NASL Fall Season this year.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

They will be playing on a field (can't really call it a stadium) that is nicer than the field NY's newest MSL team will be playing on.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Ipswich's new kit looks pretty sound

Better picture of Mainz 05's home and their new away

And St Mirren have released their kit and it owns

The black stripes are Paisley pattered because St Mirren are from the shitehole that is Paisley. Only bad thing about the kit is the sponsor panel (and that it's St Mirren)

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 24, 2013

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The sponsor panel is terrible but otherwise that's a great shirt

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Apparently these are Anderlecht's new shirts

That home shirt :stonk:

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

belgend posted:

Apparently these are Anderlecht's new shirts

That home shirt :stonk:

That is a beautiful home kit ruined by a horrible sponsor. I'm pretty livid about that. Also BNP Paribas rejected me an interview once so it's like a real double whammy of pain.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

WangNV posted:

Nike releases mock-up of NASL Cosmos kit: http://nycosmos.com/news/cosmos-release-teams-complete-kit-2013

I'm old enough to have seen Pele play for the Cosmos and I always liked the bit of yellow on the socks they used to have. Thats the only thing I see missing.

I don't think having an old school vibe for the first year is a bad thing.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Paddyb posted:

I don't think having an old school vibe for the first year is a bad thing.

gotta cash in on that nostalgia before you build actual caché

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Voluspa posted:

gotta cash in on that nostalgia before you build actual caché

I think they're going to need all the help they can get with City elbowing their way into that area.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I hope they bring back the Caribous of Colorado.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Really want that shirt (as well as the Hull Tiger shirt) to wear for work 5-a-side.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Numbers on the front of the shirts and GIANT badges were very in back in the day.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Woof! Woof! posted:

You realise that most teams in League 1 and 2 of the English Football League have a custom kit, right? Notts have a new unique kit every year and we are lucky to pack 5k into Meadow Lane.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Machinegunboyo posted:

That is a beautiful home kit ruined by a horrible sponsor. I'm pretty livid about that. Also BNP Paribas rejected me an interview once so it's like a real double whammy of pain.

And yet the guy who chose that logo for the shirt not only is employed but makes in a year what you make in 10

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

poty posted:

And yet the guy who chose that logo for the shirt not only is employed but makes in a year what you make in 10

That's great to know buddy, thanks for keeping me in the loop!!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I don't mean you personally, I mean all of us, I wasn't trying to offend anyone :)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Popehoist posted:

You realise that most teams in League 1 and 2 of the English Football League have a custom kit, right? Notts have a new unique kit every year and we are lucky to pack 5k into Meadow Lane.

You realize the Cosmos is an American team right? NASL is like Level 9 on y'all's system.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Even our poor rear end high school that saved money by having the boys and girls teams ride the bus together, could afford custom soccer jerseys.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.

vaginal culture posted:

Even our poor rear end high school that saved money by having the boys and girls teams ride the bus together, could afford custom soccer jerseys.

Yes and the jersey for the Cosmos was probably made on the same team ID website as your high school team.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
England away kit - https://twitter.com/Futballpictures/status/338658834941870080/photo/1

It's red, whatever.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Oh.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
The brass band

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The New England Shirt is Tom Cleverley?

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

At least it's red.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That's a really nice shirt I think. Much better than the poo poo home shirt.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

No one wearing that shirt will ever do any of those things fwiw :smith:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Modus Trollens posted:

No one wearing that shirt will ever do any of those things fwiw :smith:

All Frank Lampard runs of any distance are lung-busting for him tbf

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

vaginal culture posted:

The New England Shirt is Tom Cleverley?

Cleverley is from England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Cleverley to the New England Patriots or whatever they're called.