Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wabznasm posted:

A typical r/atheism post, behold:

The Smuggening XVIII

You beat me to it, you goddamn terrorist man of middle eastern descent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FrozenVent posted:

You can tell the exact point in that sentence where the guy got fired.

How can you be so smug about your intelectual enlightenment and so racist at the same time?

And he didn't even behead him! Thank god that Muslim dude was Albert Einstein.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Are we positive r/atheism is supposed to be serious and not an over the top parody like Landover Baptist is for Christianity?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Magna Kaser posted:

Are we positive r/atheism is supposed to be serious and not an over the top parody like Landover Baptist is for Christianity?

It is half troll and parody. Half of it is legitimately trolling atheists, the other ones probably believe what they're saying.

Problem is telling which is which anymore.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Mister Roboto posted:

It is half troll and parody. Half of it is legitimately trolling atheists, the other ones probably believe what they're saying.

Problem is telling which is which anymore.

Wait--are atheists trolling people, or are people trolling atheists? I get so confused.

And bonus: *he didn't even behead me!* :ughh:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Khazar-khum posted:

Wait--are atheists trolling people, or are people trolling atheists? I get so confused.

And bonus: *he didn't even behead me!* :ughh:

Well, almost all of the "atheist" stories out there are probably made up since no one really burns down a church or whatever, they likely just flipped off their parents that forced them to church and wrote in their blog later.

That being said, after a certain point there's clearly enough "angry atheist owns christian" stories that it becomes easy to make up some more to mock them. It's done on SA, "I'm atheist, and I did (some horrible thing)."

Basically don't believe a single thing on r/atheism because it's all made up from both sides.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Magna Kaser posted:

Thanks to the voting system you can rest assured, even ironic jokeposts are being taken 100% seriously.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

quote:

last day of freshman year was today. We had only two of our classes, because we had first and third period on Thursday. So today we had second and fourth block. My second block is German, and we we're going to sing karaoke. However, the math teacher next door complained a few days before when the seniors had to sing, for they graduated on thursday, rather than Friday. So here's where it gets interesting. See, this math teacher happened to be Polish and this is a German class next door having a wonderful time. Cue pent up butthurt over Germany invading Poland twice, as one of the seniors said after they finished their song. Because of this, the German finals today were reduced to having to answer two questions per person. However, if I didn't get in a special asignment, I would fail. Cue a girl in class who is normally mean to me, giving me an unsigned duplicate of her's. Here's where it get's better. My German teacher's policy is that if an assignment is unsigned, then whoever get's it and signs it first becomes the paper's rightful owner. Cue me get a marker and signing my first name on it and turning it in. I had to go to English next, and after the lunch bell rang, I called home so my mother could bring in an origami phoenix(Japanese, not Arabian). After lunch I was expecting to get called to the office to pick it up. I didn't. So cue me taking the English final and having to go to the library to finish it. It was there I found out my librarian is a devout Dr. Who fan. From the first episode back in 1963. After I finished the final, I got into a long nerd talk with him. Once that was finished, I gave him a link to my normal forum, and I left with pride. I ran back to class, and asked my teacher if I could sing the song I had planned for German. She said yes, but when I mentioned that I'd need the computer so I could project the video and read the lyrics with the background music playing, she said no. This made break down. I sat in a chair and cried silently in anger and disapointment. When people gathered 'round, the teacher left the room and sent me across the hall to the special needs teacher. I explained my situation and she asked if I could sing the song to her. I had her search the song. As soon as the search finished, I was called to the office. There, I got the origami phoenix, and soon claases were called out after I had gotten back to her class. I walked to the hallway and when I saw my crush, I rushed to her, and poked her back. She turned around, and I gave her the phoenix. This is where the awesome kicks in. As I rushed back to sing the song, I sang in perfect harmony with the band. The Song? "Man on Fire", by The Megas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khgrybkBnzM&feature=related So this is what I realized as I got home, very symbolic in a way. I gave my crush a phoenix, a bird reborn in fire, and I sang a song that have to do with getting even and fire. I have become a metaphorical phoenix. This also counts as a crowning moment of heartwarming. And now David After Dentist is on the Tyra Banks Show.

"I have become a metaphorical pheonix." Truly beautiful.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

crowfeathers posted:

He should've failed English for starting every sentence with "Cue".

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
Most of the documentary Cocaine Cowboys 2 is narrated by a guy that wrote a letter to insane drug kingpin Griselda Blanco while she was incarcerated and became some sort of a lover/middle manager for her.

This part describes how a secretary at the DA's office approached him for sex, so they did it right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvM9nKNHhYA&t=5116s

Ofcourse the only true part is that the case got dismissed because a secretary had phone sex with someone else, dude just painted himself in the story so it has something else in it than him being basically Blanco's little bitch.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

crowfeathers posted:

STDH posted:

I sat in a chair and cried silently in anger and disapointment. When people gathered 'round, the teacher left the room and sent me across the hall to the special needs teacher.

Well I dunno, I find this part to be plausible.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

angelfisher posted:

The more transparent the bullshit is, the more notes it gets.

This was from a few pages back, but holy gently caress, how can someone so brazingly lie? Even in writing it screams "I'm an rear end in a top hat utterly incapable of understanding the concept of truth.". I refuse to believe this isn't a troll or a parody. (Please don't destroy my sweet, sweet delusions. :ohdear:)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

crowfeathers posted:

Here's the song he supposedly sang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khgrybkBnzM

I think this is some kind of Hakan story, even in my nerdiest past, I would never have done something even close to resembling this, who the hell would do this.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

I would never have done something even close to resembling this, who the hell would do this.

quote:

This also counts as a crowning moment of heartwarming
I think it's a troper.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

NotAlwaysLearning posted:

(My biology class is currently studying human reproduction. A male classmate raises his hand to ask a question.)

Biology Teacher: “Yes, [classmate]?”

Classmate: “Uh, yeah. I was wondering… if semen has glucose in it, does it taste sweet?”

(The entire class erupts in laughter.)

Biology Teacher: “Well, you’ll never know unless you find out for yourself.”

(The class erupts in laughter again as her eyes go wide and she clasps both hands over her mouth.)

Oh for fucks sake. How can you screw up the grandfather of STDH?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Shai-Hulud posted:

Oh for fucks sake. How can you screw up the grandfather of STDH?

"There's literally no way to know without going off and sucking a cock, Jimmy. Best get on that dong-slurping." says the most-quickly-terminated biology teacher of all time.

*Plus in the beginning it says its a male student, but at the end 'she' claps her hands over her mouth. It was six goddamned lines.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Theglavwen posted:

"There's literally no way to know without going off and sucking a cock, Jimmy. Best get on that dong-slurping." says the most-quickly-terminated biology teacher of all time.

*Plus in the beginning it says its a male student, but at the end 'she' claps her hands over her mouth. It was six goddamned lines.

No the teacher punches herself in the mouth because she realizes she will be fired.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They meant that the teacher's hand went over her mouth after she spoke.

Still does not make it any better that she told her student to go suck a dick though.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, missed that, as I was assuming the old 'student gets embarassed then flees from the room' ending was being paralleled. My bad!

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Libluini posted:

This was from a few pages back, but holy gently caress, how can someone so brazingly lie? Even in writing it screams "I'm an rear end in a top hat utterly incapable of understanding the concept of truth.". I refuse to believe this isn't a troll or a parody. (Please don't destroy my sweet, sweet delusions. :ohdear:)

I think maybe that was supposed to be like an artistically expressed utopian vision: a place where everyone lies down when someone trips in public.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

crowfeathers posted:

Can anyone give me an explanation of whats going on in this one? I feel like he is starting to tell a story then switches to a different story every sentence.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Grody posted:

Can anyone give me an explanation of whats going on in this one? I feel like he is starting to tell a story then switches to a different story every sentence.

"Cue no one understanding what the hell I'm going on about."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Grody posted:

Yeah he's "cue-ing" so much crap that it really doesn't seem to make any sense in the end.

quote:

After a friend bounced on us, we desperately needed a roommate. So, we found a guy off of Craigslist...
He really liked my original roommate and I, I think because we are really nice and easy to get along with, as well as some of the few people that gave him a chance. He was a raging alcoholic, but mostly a happy drunk. He worked in a sorority kitchen as a chef, and would bring home extra food from the house. His favorite drunk food was dipping Hawaiian rolls into a GIANT jar of Peter Pan peanut butter. The morning after his drunk nights, there would be peanut butter all over the kitchen (fridge handle, counter, light switches, etc.). He once was so drunk he couldn't get his key to work, so he just shouldered in the front door. Granted, he did paid for it to get fixed.
After he became more comfortable with us, he confided that he used to cook meth. He was from a coal mining town, and was actually in decent shape for all the crap he had been through. His best friend had died beside him in a cave-in, doing the job that he himself was normally assigned to. His dad used to beat his mom, and one night she had enough and shot him dead while he was sleeping in his recliner. She spent 8 years in prison.
He was the nicest guy to people he liked. He never once acted aggressively towards us. Extremely loyal as well. However, it was a stressful 6-7 months.

"He never once acted aggressively towards us. Extremely loyal as well." Are they talking about a man or a dog ? Is it just me or is that a weird way to put it ?

One redditors Best roommate story

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 19:43 on May 28, 2013

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Liar on reddit posted:

Pretext: In college I had a dorm mate named Darrell. We called him "truth or Darrell". ToD had a problem. What many would refer to sex addiction. I would be sitting with him in dorm chatting get up to use the toilet across the hall and the door would be locked when i got back, with ToD saying: "hold up...one sec...hold up..." or I would come in to the dorm and he would be having sex with WHOMEVER, WHERE EVER.To each his own.
Actual story: Coming back from a long night out drinking about 2am I get a call from ToD on the dorm phone. He says "come over to so-and-so's (a girl) apartment." I say "I'm beat, next time." "COME. OVER. TO. SO-AND-SO's. AP-ART-MENT." cool as a cucumber. "Alright." I walk over and knck and ToD answers the door in his underwear smoothly drunk. "Come in, meet Amanda." sitting at the table are so-and-so and 'Amanda'. equally undressed poo poo eating grins. Amanda is suuuuper cute. We exchange pleasantries, casually flirt; all the while everyone is exchanging looks. grinning. Something is afoot. Whilst chatting with Amanda, ToD and so-and-so start making out. hard. This escalates to nudity and 'heavy petting'. ToD stops looks at me takes me and Amanda's hands and place them on each other respective crotches. Ah-HA! a set-up! Minor freak-out on my part, ToD is now loving so-and-so while I have my hand on a suuuuuper cute rando vagina. I think to myself, "self, this is college. go for it." So I do. ToD, says "condoms are on the kitchen counter, why don't you join us." So I do. ToD and I have sex with one suuuper cute and one, more 'handsome', girl. Trading off, literally high-fiving. I fall asleep alone on the couch early am, and wake up with no one in the apartment. When I see ToD later, he grins and says "I have no idea what you are talking about." I just played Truth or Darrell.
TL,DR; Truth or Darrell hooks up a double team, denies it later.

I think I know why Darrell didn't remember it, because it didn't happen.

edit: Heres two for the price of one!

Liar on reddit posted:

I lived with a brother and sister as roommates in a 2 bedroom apartment. (I pretty much slept on a couch.) Anyway, one night we were having a keg party. During the party, some guy who was a "friend of a friend", ended up getting grabby with my female roommate. She shrieked, and my male roommate, her brother, ran over and hit the guy in the head with a glass ashtray. The dude runs out of our apartment yelling gang poo poo and making threats.
About 5 minutes later, this guy is standing in the courtyard of our apartment complex, only now he has an AK-47. He starts yelling, and then fires off a few rounds. A few seconds later, some random dude (big dude) from another apartment runs over to the guy with the gun, and punches him in the faces a few times, then proceeds to walk back to his apartment.
Dude with the gun leaves , and we never see him again.

Yea we totally didn't call the cops when some guy with a rifle shows up and starts shooting.

Virginia Slams has a new favorite as of 20:52 on May 28, 2013

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I like the mental image of a big guy running over to tackle a man with a rifle and then both standing up and just casually strolling away in different directions.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I like the mental image of a big guy running over to tackle a man with a rifle and then both standing up and just casually strolling away in different directions.

Life is just like Saints Row.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Reading through these, I keep itching to post an example of STDH done right, from the extraordinary Tom Waits. You may have heard it before.

Tom Waits posted:

I was in a line at a supermarket the other day, and I had all my things on the little conveyor belt there. There's a gal in front of me that is, well, she's staring at me, and I'm getting a little nervous. And she continues to stare at me. And I keep looking the other way.

And then finally she comes over closer to me and she says, "I apologize for staring, that must have been annoying. It's just... You look so much like my son who died. I just can't take my eyes off you." And she proceeds to go into her purse and she pulls out a photograph of her son who died.

And... He looks absolutely nothing like me. In fact, he's Chinese. Anyway, we chatted a little bit. And she says, "I'm sorry, I have to ask you. Would you mind, as I leave the supermarket here, would you mind saying 'Goodbye mom' to me? I know it's a strange request but I haven't heard my son say 'Goodbye mom' to me in so long. It would mean so much to me to hear it. And uh, if you don't mind, I..."

And I said, "Well, you know... okay. Yeah sure. Uh, I can say that." And so, she gets her groceries all checked out. And as she's going out the door, she waves at me and she hollers across the store, "Goodbye son!" And I look up and I wave and I say, "Goodbye mom!" And then she goes.

So I get my few things there on the conveyor belt and the checker checks out my things. And he gives me the total and he says, "That'll be four hundred and seventy nine dollars". And I said, "Well, how is that possible?! I've only got a little tuna fish, and some skimmed milk, and mustard, and a loaf of bread."

He goes, "Well, you're also paying for the groceries for your mother. She told me you'd take care of the bill for her." And I said, "Well, wait a minute! That's not my mother!" And he says, "Well, I distinctly heard her say as she left the store 'Bye son!' and you said 'Bye mom!' and so what are you trying to say here?" I said, "Well, Jesus!"

And I looked out into the parking lot and she was just getting into her car. And I ran out there. And she was just closing the door, and she had a little bit of her leg sticking out of the door as she was pulling away. And I grabbed her leg and I started *pulling* it!

Just the way...

I'm pulling yours.

Ahahahahaha!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Grody posted:

edit: Heres two for the price of one!

Yea we totally didn't call the cops when some guy with a rifle shows up and starts shooting.
I'm thinking it was more like "A drunk guy at a party groped my roommate, and after we yelled at him he found one of my airsoft guns."

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE

Jay Rust posted:

Reading through these, I keep itching to post an example of STDH done right, from the extraordinary Tom Waits. You may have heard it before.

After telling his story, Tom Waits then proceeded to drink a half gallon of bourbon and fall asleep beside the trash can fire, surrounded by empty bean cans and discarded leather shoes.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

hate pants posted:

After telling his story, Tom Waits then proceeded to drink a half gallon of bourbon and fall asleep beside the trash can fire, surrounded by empty bean cans and discarded leather shoes.

...while on shore leave in some horribly distant country, trying to prove his manhood to a woman that's already moved on and married another man only slightly less cruel than her.

Wabznasm posted:

A typical r/atheism post, behold:

The Smuggening XVIII

I pity these people so much. You know they desperately wish they had the balls in the real world to mouth off the way they do with an outcome that validates their unassailable world view of ironclad logic. The only escalated confrontation I ever had with an obnoxious fundamentalist in public didn't work out very well for me at all... a JW was pamphletting on a bus. I refused it, he threw it in my lap, so I got mad and threw it back into his chest. Then we both got thrown off the bus and I was late to work, the end.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

hate pants posted:

Speaking of Tom Waits, he once told a story about how he took his kids on a trip to the dump to get rid of an old sofa or something. On the way, they stopped at a music store. Tom sat down and played one of the display pianos, curious if anyone in the shop would recognize him. No one did. He got up, moved over to the drums, and played a little. Again, no one batted an eye. He shrugged, and he and his family left and continued on to the dump. Where everyone was a massive fan of his, and were beyond excited to see him.

Sure, it's probably STDH, but it's Tom Waits. I want to believe.

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

Grody posted:

I think I know why Darrell didn't remember it, because it didn't happen.

I don't think "pretext" means what he thinks it means either, at least not the way most people use it.

Crow Jane posted:

Tom Waits.

I can totally believe the part where Tom Waits walks into a music shop and isn't recognised. He's not like Paul McCartney or Mick Jagger, where more or less everyone's seen photos of them at some point.

The bit where the town dump is full of Tom Waits fans, though...

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Crow Jane posted:

Speaking of Tom Waits, he once told a story about how he took his kids on a trip to the dump to get rid of an old sofa or something. On the way, they stopped at a music store. Tom sat down and played one of the display pianos, curious if anyone in the shop would recognize him. No one did. He got up, moved over to the drums, and played a little. Again, no one batted an eye. He shrugged, and he and his family left and continued on to the dump. Where everyone was a massive fan of his, and were beyond excited to see him.

Sure, it's probably STDH, but it's Tom Waits. I want to believe.

Tom Waits could straight-facedly tell me any of the STDH in this entire thread and I would clap so hard my hands would get married.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

sweeperbravo posted:

Tom Waits could straight-facedly tell me any of the STDH in this entire thread and I would clap so hard my hands would get married.
I've never seen it put quite this way, "clap so hard my hands would get married" is freakin hilarious and such a good way to put it I had to stop and compliment.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I've never seen it put quite this way, "clap so hard my hands would get married" is freakin hilarious and such a good way to put it I had to stop and compliment.

I thought so too but couldn't think of a way to put it that didn't seem awkward.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

:tipshat: Happy to be of service.

What's that graphic designer's site that's basically Not Always Right but with design? The last time i looked at it I thought it was funny, I want to go back now and see if I hate it.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Clientsfromhell.net?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

ibntumart posted:

Clientsfromhell.net?

Yup, that'd be the one.

And gee that didn't take long

quote:

ME: Just a heads up, if you log onto our website, you can see that the site is down. My publisher has been unreliable and I am working as quickly as I can to get the site back up. I’m so sorry for this; I’ll let you know when the article is posted as soon as possible.

CLIENT: Okay. What’s the website again? Sorry.

I give him the URL.

CLIENT: Hey, it says the page is broken!

ME: I just told you it’s down.

CLIENT: I thought you meant it’s DOWN like FRESH! I won’t have this!
Many of my friends are in graphic design, I know there's a lot- like a HUGE lot- of dumb clients, it's just kind of the nature of that job. People with poor visual understanding hire people with better visual understanding and have problems explaining what they want because they have poor visual understanding.
But some of these anecdotes, man. Man

step aside
Sep 21, 2011

quote:

At the last phase of a brand identity project, which included a logo and business cards, I sent the final proofs as the (contractually stipulated) deliverables…

CLIENT: This is perfect! Where do I pay?

ME: Great! I’ll send you a PayPal link.

The client pays and I send the deliverables. A few hours pass…

CLIENT: I need the full color version of the logo in .psd.

ME: The proposal you signed at the outset mentions it only includes it in .png and .eps formats. The .png has a transparent background. What are you planning to use it for?

CLIENT: I normally get a .psd from designers when I get work done. Plus it makes it easier for me when I’m building websites, etc.

ME: No problem. Since you have Photoshop, open up the .png and save it as a .psd. Also, I need you to sign the Project Completion Form as soon as you can.

CLIENT: I don’t feel like the project is complete, I didn’t receive all of the files.

ME: Won’t renaming the .png to .psd to that for you though?

CLIENT: I don’t understand why I should need to go to the trouble. Send the .psd and we’ll see.

I love how the designer in this manages to make himself look like a huge rear end in a top hat and ignorant of his own craft to boot. Like really? What the hell kind of graphic designer would try claiming that converting a PNG is the same as having an original PSD?

step aside has a new favorite as of 22:04 on May 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

quote:

Kinda tacky, but I don't have an issue with it. I mean it is just gold electroplate if not gold leaf. In reality that is a minuscule amount of gold. I am guessing that it isn't the most wasteful use of gold in the hotel. Golf flecks in champagne would not be out of the norm for a 5 star hotel. Heck, I am just an IT guy and have eaten gold leaf chocolate on multiple occasions at events for geeks.

The bigger outrage is why gold is as overpriced as it is. It is just a chunk of nearly nonreactive metal.

Disclaimer: As a teen I worked at a jewelry factory surrounded by countless tons of gold, and pounds of diamonds, drank from gold leafed fountains and literally had to scrub gold dust off of my skin after a long day. So I may have a somewhat warped sense of the "preciousness" of gold. Sunday 1:36pm

Gizmodo comments on the Burj Khalifa providing gold-plated ipads to guests as part of the hospitality service. The only believable part is that he worked in a jewelry factory.

• Locked thread