Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Finalized Roster

C: 1978 Brian Downing
1B: 1959 Stan Musial
2B: 2010 Dan Uggla
SS: 2010 Hanley Ramirez
3B: 1959 Ken Boyer
LF: 2000 Barry Bonds
CF: 1934 Mel Ott
RF: 1935 Mel Ott
DH: 1938 Lou Gehrig

Bench: 1935 Gus Mancuso C
Bench: 1935 Travis Jackson IF
Bench: 1935 Dick Bartell IF
Bench: 1988 Larry Walker OF
Bench: 1935 Bill Terry 1B
Bench: 1988 Andres Galarraga 1B/OF

SP: 1973 Bert Blyleven
SP: 2010 Cliff Lee
SP: 1988 Dennis Martinez
SP: 1959 Larry Jackson
SP: 1988 Randy Johnson
CL: 1959 Lindy McDaniel
SU: 1988 Tim Burke
SR: 1988 Pascual Perez
SR: 2010 Kris Medlen
MR: 1988 Bryn Smith
LR: 1935 Freddie Fitzsimmons

Gus Mancuso is Randy Johnson's personal catcher.

AAA: 2010 Anibal Sanchez, 1959 Tim McCarver, 1988 Tim Wallach, 2010 Cody Ross, 2010 Ronny Paulino

Lineup
#1 Hanley Ramirez SS
#2 Mel Ott RF
#3 Barry Bonds LF
#4 Mel Ott CF
#5 Stan Musial 1B
#6 Lou Gehrig DH
#7 Brian Downing C
#8 Ken Boyer 3B
#9 Dan Uggla 2B

Hit and Run: -5
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: -5
Extra Bases: 0
Steal Bases: 0
Tag Up: 0
Pitchout: 0
Intentional Walk: -1
Pitch Around: -1
Pinch Hit: -2
Pinch Run: -2
Defensive Replacements: -2
Start on Short Rest: 0
Pitch through trouble: +2
High Pitch Counts: 0

:siren:
New Dimensions for the Akabira Bowl
Left Field: 320
Left Center: 382
Center Field: 410
Right Center: 345
Right Field: 260
:siren:

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Senses-Shattering, Nevre-Melting, Brain-Shredding, Super-Official Super-League X Preview: Norris-Smythe Division

Is it really that time of the year again? Where I have to resign myself to another season of toil and owners complaining to me that their teams should be doing better. (Incidentally, that is why I could never be a schoolteacher. A parent would complain that their kid wasn't doing as well as he should be, and I'd tell them that it was probably because they drank too much while they were pregnant.)

But enough about me, let's get down to business! At the time this preview was published, neither the W's nor the Cultists had given me their final rosters. I don't think, though, that this is apt to change much of anything. Why?

-The W's have been around since Super-League I, and have pretty much tapped their feeder teams dry, and it's not like Tim Salmon is going to crack their starting lineup.

-Doing this before the Cultists are ready will drive CthulhuDreams completely insane, and I am very much in favor of that. Also, for as much as he likes angsting about his lineup, from a practical perspective, the only substantive change is going to be at LF, even if CthulhuDreams doesn't want to admit it yet.

Catchers
1. '27 Mickey Cochrane (WAL)
2. '30 Gabby Hartnett/'99 Mike Pizza (RYL)
3. '82 Ted Simmons (SLA)
4. '99 Ivan Rodriguez (KRA)
5. '05 Roger Bresnahan (SDA)

I like Cochrane because he's the only guy on this list who can both hit and field. Hartnett actually can do both as well, but he's not quite the hitter Cochrane is, and lack the platoon advantage. Pizza is a great hitter, but he's a bad fielder, and catcher has always been a defense-first position. It's close though. Simmons can hit, at least, to a point, but he's really not much of a fielder, especially not by 1982. I-Rod, and no, I'm not calling him 'Pudge', is the best fielder of his era. But he never could draw a walk, and that's kind of a problem. Bresnahan is going to be bad at the plate. Very bad.

First Basemen
1. '09 Albert Pujols (RYL)
2. '27 Jimmie Foxx (WAL)
3. '91 Mark McGwire (SDA)
4. '99 John Olerud (SLA)
5. '87 Eddie Murray (KRA)

Pujols and Foxx are both great hitters, but Foxx is only 19, and isn't likely to be quite as solid as he would be in his prime. That said, he should still be at least decent. McGwire will hit a lot of home runs and draw a lot of walks, but he's also going to hit .220. That's not really a huge problem, but it's not going to look pretty. Olerud is a solid contact hitter, and in the right ballpark, like the W's home field, he will show mid-range power. Murray had a long, mostly successful career that was, for the most part, about accumulating solid, but not inspiring, stats.

Second Basemen
1. '30 Charlie Gehringer (KRA)
2. '30 Rogers Hornsby/'98 Craig Biggio (RYL)
3. '86 Lou Whitaker (SLA)
4. '96 Roberto Alomar (SDA)
5. '27 Eddie Collins/'85 Bobby Grich (WAL)

Gehringer is the only great hitter here that is also a decent fielder, which puts him above every else in this group. Hornsby can't field, Biggio has trouble hitting, and Hornsby has a good chance of seeing his ratings degrade if he plays second base too much over the course of a season. Still, Hornsby can loving rake. Whitaker is helped a lot by the short right-field wall in the Coliseum, and probably isn't quite as good a player as Alomar, but in that stadium, he'll probably hit between 15-20 home runs, and that's just great for a Super-League 2b. Collins is ancient, Grich is ancient, together....they are a veritable tag-team of senescence. If they both survive the season it will be a miracle.

Third Basemen
1. '85 Wade Boggs (WAL)
2. '64 Ron Santo (RYL)
3. '04 Scott Rolen (SLA)
4. '04 Chipper Jones (SDA)
5. '54 Al Rosen (KRA)

Can't deny Boggs' greatness at bat, even if he wasn't a great fielder, and did have that weird fixation with chicken. Eating it, I mean. At least, I hope that's all he did with it. Ron Santo can do everything well, just not anything great, which I know bothers CthulhuDreams, because he won't be satisfied until he goes 162-0. Scott Rolen has a great glove, and can hit a few home runs. I'm not sure, on balance, that he's a great offensive player, but he's definitely worth a starting spot in the Super-League. Jones is a great hitter, but he's getting a bit older by '04 and, more importantly, he is a terrible fielder. By 1954, Al Rosen's back did not work, and his career was basically over.

Shortstops
1. '39 Arky Vaughan (RYL)
2. '97 Nomar Garciaparra (WAL)
3. '09 Asdrubal Cabrera (SLA)
4. '05 John McGraw/'03 Bill Dahlen (SDA)
5. '99 Royce Clayton (KRA)

According to Bill James, at least in 2001, Arky Vaughan was the second-greatest SS of all time. Now, I don't know if that's still accurate, given Jeter and A-Rod's careers, but he's still the class of this group. Nomar can hit! He's not really so hot in the field, but he can loving hit! Cabrera, on the other hand, is more of a glove-man at SS, which fits what the W's are trying to do with their infield, even if he is a bit of an offensive black hole. I like McGraw, but I do not like McGraw at SS. Bill Dahlen, on the other hand, is a legit SS, but he's old by 1903, and couldn't really hit at all. I still like that pairing more than Royce Clayton, who had a career OPS+ of 78, and did not have a single season in the entirety of his career where he was an above-average hitter. And yeah, I gave Cabrera offense for not having a great bat, but at least he has a career OPS+ of 108. What I'm trying to say is that Clayton is going to be less-than-zero at the plate.

Left Fielders
1. '88 Barry Bonds (SDA)
2. '29 Al Simmons (SLA)
3. '27 Al Simmons (WAL)
4. '89 Rickey Henderson (RYL)
5. '99 Juan Gonzalez (KRA)

Bonds is Bonds is Bonds is Bonds. I like Simmons more than Henderson because, in the Super-League, contact hitting is more valuable than it is in real life, and Simmons was a fantastic contact hitter with decent power as well. Henderson in 1989 had a batting average of .274. Now, he can draw enough walks to make that worthwhile, but I think I like Simmons a bit better. I already know how thrilled CthulhuDreams is about that. Juan Gone will hit home runs, but won't make good contact, and may not even understand the basic mechanics of how to draw a walk. lovely fielder, too.

Center Fielders
1. '11 Tris Speaker (RYL)
2. '62 Willie Mays (WAL)
3. '61 Duke Snider (SLA)
4. '54 Larry Doby (KRA)
5. '05 Mike Donlin (SDA)

I don't want to put Speaker above Mays, but past performance kind of compels me to, even if I'm sure that Mays is actually the better player. I'm hoping that Mays does have the better season though, just to restore order to the universe. Duke Snider is a great hitter, but he was never great against left-handed pitchers, and he was on the decline by '61. Larry Doby has been the ruin of many a team, making him the Super-League equivalent of the House of the Rising Sun. But at least he's a Hall of Famer. Mike Donlin managed to play more than 130 games in a season exactly two times in his career. That's rather staggering, actually.

Right Fielders
1. '26 Babe Ruth (SLA)
2. '43 Stan Musial (RYL)
3. '58 Al Kaline (WAL)
4. '91 Jose Canseco (SDA)
5. '54 Vic Wertz/'99 Rusty Greer (KRA)

Ruth is great, Musial is great, I don't think I need to discuss either of them in any more detail than that. Al Kaline is pretty good too, even if he's not quite up to that level. Jose Canseco has power and PEDs. Of course, he's a lovely fielder, and doesn't draw too many walks, so he'll have to hit a lot of home runs just to break even. Wertz and Greer are okay, but nothing more than that. Personally, I always picture Wertz as more of a 1B than an outfielder, but he did play in the outfield in his early career, and I'm probably subconsciously conflating him with Vic Power.

Designated Hitter
1. '02 Ed Delahanty (SLA)
2. '99 Mike Pizza/'30 Rogers Hornsby (RYL)
3. '99 Rafael Palmeiro (KRA)
4. '27 Ty Cobb (WAL)
5. '04 David Ortiz/'10 Mike Napoli (SDA)

Ed Delahanty was a sportsman and an adventurer....and by adventurer, I mean that he died after getting really drunk and being washed over Niagara Falls. Still, he was a fine hitter. Pizza and Hornsby aren't prototypical DHs, and there's a decent chance that one or both of them will get injured over the course of the season. Palmeiro is actually in his prime, and is a solid enough bat, although, just like in real life, he always feels a bit underwhelming. Cobb is 40 years old. I know that he's Ty Cobb, but that's a very advanced age, and it's hard to see him getting through a full season. The Marmosets lose because putting Mike Napoli at DH is an automatic penalty.

Bench
1. '08 Carlos Beltran/'90 Robin Yount/'35 Bob Johnson/'30 Riggs Stephenson (RYL)
2. '85 Howard Johnson/'80 Keith Hernandez/'07 Adam Dunn/'03 Mark Bellhorn/'93 Darren Daulton (SLA)
3. '82 Jim Sundberg/'87 Don Mattingly/'27 Jimmy Dykes/'50 Carl Furillo/Platoon Partners (WAL)
4. '99 Greg Zaun/'30 Hank Greenberg/'54 Bobby Avila/'54 George Strickland/Depression (KRA)
5. '05 Sammy Strang/'10 Torii Hunter/'91 Harold Baines/Platoon Partners (SDA)

The Cultists have the only bench with players I'd actually want to use, so I guess they win by default, even if they're basically hosed if Santo or Vaughan go down. The W's bench at least has an amazing collection of low-average, high power-and-patience hitters, which is at least interesting. The Rakers' bench is competent, but not particularly exciting. The Dragons have Hank Greenberg and....that is all. The Marmosets have, well, not a single player I would ever want to see in a lineup at any time and for any reason.

SP1
1. '05 Christy Mathewson (SDA)
2. '01 Christy Mathewson (RYL)
3. '02 Cy Young (SLA)
4. '89 Greg Maddux (KRA)
5. '27 Lefty Grove (WAL)

I'll take the slightly more mature version of Matty, though the two are probably close enough that either one could be better than the other and it wouldn't be a huge surprise. Cy Young is 35, but he still had close to a decade of quality pitching left in his arm. Maddux is a bit young in '89, but he's been the best pitcher of his era when it comes to the Super-League. Lefty Grove is also okay, but he's had his struggles in the Super-League.

SP2
1. '22 Walter Johnson (RYL)
2. '61 Sandy Koufax (SLA)
3. '06 Johan Santana (SDA)
4. '54 Early Wynn (KRA)
5. '82 Jon Matlack (WAL)

A lot of people claim that Walter Johnson is the greatest pitcher who ever lived. Now, he's a bit old in '22, but he's still good enough to lead this group, even if the Cultists' defense isn't really good enough to give him much help. Koufax is great, even if the dimensions of the W's home field to make his job harder that it has to be. Santana has been erratic in the Super-League, but he might be good. Early Wynn was a guy who got to 300 wins by just pitching forever. He was a very good pitcher, but not a great one. Matlack is never going to have a season as good as he did in Super-League IX again.

SP3
1. '13 Pete Alexander (SLA)
2. '10 Jered Weaver (SDA)
3. '21 Carl Mays (KRA)
4. '11 Ray Collins (RYL)
5. '85 Don Sutton (WAL)

Alexander wins this group by a factor of roughly ten million. Jered Weaver has been the Angels' ace in real life over the past few years...which has not exactly done wonders for that team. Carl Mays killed a dude and was a decent pitcher, but he's not really a guy you can build a great staff around. I know that Ray Collins won 20 games in Super-League IX, but that was almost entirely due to the Cultists' offense. Don Sutton was in his 20th season in the majors in 1985, and, by that point, he was getting by on his wits. And by his wits, I mean his ability to secret pieces of sandpaper on his person with which to scuff the ball.

SP4
1. '00 Curt Schilling (RYL)
2. '05 Joe McGinnity (SDA)
3. '97 Kevin Brown (WAL)
4. '12 Jeff Tesreau (SLA)
5. '54 Hal Newhouser (KRA)

This is a bad group. Schilling has power, which is nice, and is usually good, but has had bad seasons in the past. Joe McGinnity is the Iron Man, but he has no power and isn't in the top-tier of deadball relievers anyway. Kevin Brown should be better than he has been in the Super-League, but, well, such is life. Jeff Tesreau is the epitome of deadball pitcher filler. Hal Newhouser was a great pitcher, in the mid-40s, but, by 1954, his arm was basically gone, and his career was reduced to being a reliever in an era when being a reliever is what lovely pitchers while they were desperately trying to hang on to a major league job.

SP5
1. '46 Warren Spahn (SDA)
2. '92 Jack McDowell (SLA)
3. '30 Waite Hoyt (KRA)
4. '83 Frank Tanana (RYL)
5. '95 Jack McDowell (WAL)

Spahn is basically a control lefty, and, in the first few seasons of the Super-League, he was almost always terrible. Since then, he's been a bit better, and I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll be decent this season as well. McDowell did win the Cy Young in '93, and this was before he destroyed his arm, and it's not like the rest of these guys are particularly impressive, so he goes here. Waite Hoyt is in the Hall of Fame....because he played with Ruth and Gehrig. In the late-70s, Tanana was one of the best pitchers in the league. In the early-80s, he was a rag-armed innings eater. And, speaking of blown-out arms, '95 Jack McDowell.

Bullpen
1. '90 Rob Dibble/'99 Robb Nen/'72 Sparky Lyle/'11 John Axford/'88 Dave Smith/'25 Burleigh Grimes (SLA)
2. '82 Tom Henke/'85 Al Holland/'85 John Candelaria/'82 Rick Honeycutt/'82 Danny Darwin/'11 Cliff Lee (WAL)
3. '98 Billy Wagner/'91 Dennis Eckersley/'10 Brian Fuentes/'10 Fernando Rodney/'10 Scot Shields/'87 Frank Tanana (SDA)
4. '09 Joakim Soria/'03 Kazuhiro Sasaki/'03 Byung-Hyun Kim/'11 Phil Coke/'89 Jeff Montgomery/The Cultists' last draft pick (RYL)
5. '99 John Wetteland/'99 Tim Crabtree/'54 Don Mossi/'54 Ray Narleski/'54 Hoyt Wilhelm/'30 Tommy Bridges (KRA)

It's impossible to predict bullpens, but here are my best guesses.

Okay, that's it for this division.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
I included the new dimensions for my team's stadium in the post at the top of the page!

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Unspecifieds SLX Roster

Lineup vs. R

1. 1915 Tris Speaker, CF
2. 1951 Yogi Berra, C
3. 1929 Paul Waner, RF
4. 2011 Miguel Cabrera, 1B
5. 1997 Derek Jeter, SS
6. 1911 Home Run Baker, 3B
7. 1918 Rogers Hornsby, 2B
8. 1910 Joe Jackson, LF
9. Pitcher

Lineup vs. L

1. Speaker, CF
2. Jeter, SS
3. Waner, RF
4. Cabrera, 1B
5. 1984 Lance Parrish, C
6. 1929 Pie Traynor, 3B
7. Hornsby, 2B
8. Jackson, LF
9. Pitcher

Bench:
1910 Sam Crawford, LF
1978 Bobby Grich, 2B
1965 Tony Oliva, OF
1989 George Brett, 3B

Rotation
1965 Jim Kaat
1918 Dazzy Vance
1958 Whitey Ford
2011 Doug Fister
2012 Jered Weaver

Bullpen:
CL 1989 Dennis Eckersley
1994 John Wetteland
1997 Rick Aguilera
1997 Eddie Guardado
2009 Cliff Lee
1931 Tommy Bridges

Minors:
1965 Al Worthington
2003 Jose Valverde
1965 Jim Perry
1918 Red Ames
1968 Bill Freehan
1965 Don Mincher
1965 Bill Pleis
1993 Mark Wohlers
1978 Dave Parker
1965 Jimmie Hall
1929 Burleigh Grimes
1950 Nellie Fox
1970 Jim Fregosi, SS

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

mentholmoose posted:

Approved.

I edited the Bombers roster on the last page.

Oranges approve as well, apologies if that was not clear.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

I may as well post my roster, I'll edit in the draft pick whatever it is. The only differences from the preview are

A) I've actually got 1985 Rickey Henderson
B) My Bench is slightly different
C) So is my bullpen (woo, who cares)
D) I'm going to try ancient Mel Ott at DH.

So onwards and upwards!

Park: Set all factors to 100, use a symmetric 330 / 375 / 410 / 375 / 330 outfield.
Sliders: Set them all to +0

Lineups:

vs RHP:

CF: Tris Speaker
2B: Rodger Hornsby
RF: 1942 Stan Musial
1B: Pujols
LF: Rickey Henderson
DH: Mel Ott
C: Piazza (Hartnett is Personal Catcher for Walter Johnson)
SS: Arky Vaughn
3B: Ron Santo

vs LHP:

LF: Rickey Henderson
DH: Rodger Hornsby
RF: 1942 Stan Musial
1B: Pujols
CF: Tris Speaker
C: Piazza (Hartnett is Personal Catcher for Walter Johnson)
3B: Ron Santo
SS: Arky Vaughn
2B: Craig Biggio

Bench:

Hartnett
Bob Johnson
1959 Stan Musial
Robin Yount
Craig Biggio

Pitching:

SP 1: Mathewson
SP 2: Walter Johnson (Hartnett is Personal Catcher for Walter Johnson)
SP 3: Curt Schilling
SP 4: Ray Collins
SP 5: Frank Tanana

CL: Soria
SU: Randy Myers
SR: Sasaki
SR: Phil Coke
MR: Jeff Montgomery

LR: Tommy Hanson

Minors - Batting:

Riggs,Stephenson
Boog Powell
Mark Bellhorn
Steve Finley

Minors - Pitching

Barry Zito
Steve Avery
Ted Lilly
Brandon League
Kim Byung-Hyun

code:
CSV Roster for Smasher Convince

# PlayerID,Year,Team,Salary,Years,First Name,Last Name

# Starting Pitchers 1-5 in order

johnswa01,1922
mathech01,1902
schilcu01,2000,CLE,,,Curt,Schilling
collira01,1911,CLE,,,Ray,Collins
tananfr01,1983

# Long Relief

hansoto01,2011

# Bullpen Cl, SU, SR, SR, MR

soriajo01,2009,CLE,,,Joakim,Soria
myersra01,1998
cokeph01,2011,CLE,,,Coke,Phil
sasakka01,2003
montgje01,1989

# Infield 1B, 2B, 3B, SS

pujolal01,2009
hornsro01,1930,CLE,,,Rogers,Hornsby
santoro01,1964
vaughar01,1939

# Catcher Platoon

piazzmi01,1999
hartnga01,1930,CLE,,,Gabby,Hartnett

# Outfield LF, CF, RF

henderi01,1985
speaktr01,1911,CLE,,,Tris,Speaker
musiast01,1942

# DH platoon partner with Piazza

ottme01,1946

# Bench 4 + Catcher platoon

biggicr01,1998
yountro01,1990
johnsbo01,1935
musiast01,1959

# Minors - Position Players

stephri01,1930,CLE,,,Riggs,Stephenson
powelbo01,1972
bellhma01,2003
finlest01,1998
munsoth01,1973

# Minors - Pitching

averyst01,1995,CLE,,,Steve,Avery
lillyte01,2009 
leagubr01,2010
kimby01,2003,CLE,,,Byung-Hyun,Kim
zitoba01,2008

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 28, 2013

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
Chief? It's Max. Max Carey

I must have at least a half dozen players capable of CF at all times, you see.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-Cup Bracket Contest Information

Okay, so, we are doing a bracket contest for the Super-Cup, and it's starting right now.

For those of you from America, it's the same sort of rules as picking a NCAA bracket, although this bracket is nearly three times as large as one of those. Still, the principle is the same.

For those of you who aren't from America, and don't understand what's going on here. I first must question how it is that our cultural imperialism has failed so badly. We've flooded your cinemas, televisions, and radios with our culture, but we've somehow been unable to foist the tradition of March Madness upon you.

Either way, I'll briefly explain how this works. In a normal pick 'em, you pick the winners for one round, wait for the results, and then pick again. In picking a bracket, you make every pick at the beginning, and it plays out from there.

For example, if there was a bracket that went:

A
vs.
B

C
vs.
D

E
vs.
F

G
vs.
H

In a bracket, you'd pick the winners for each of those four games, and then pick the winners of the next round, and so on, until you completed the bracket.

So, for example, you'd pick

1st Round

A beats B

C beats D

E beats F

G beats H

2nd Round

A beats C

E beats G

Final

A beats E

Now, you don't have to use that format, in fact, if you really want to be cool, you can fill out these handy brackets that I've already made for you:

The person with the most correct bracket gets either a bye to the final round of next season's Gauntlet, or a pick in the sandwich round of next season's dispersal draft, depending on their team's circumstance.

Get to picking!

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Owner: cbx

Teams: 1915 New York Giants
1938 Detroit Tigers
1965 San Francisco Giants

Stadium: Tiger Stadium

cbx had an idea. Pacing the crowded confines of his apartment, he let the idea develop in his mind. "If the Giants beat the Tigers in the 2012 World Series... then a team based on the Giants and Tigers should be a sure thing in the Super League!"

It was not a good idea. Willie Mays underperformed until he was traded for a pair of 2012 Atlanta Braves relievers, Juan Marichal and Willie McCovey found themselves the best pieces on the Canton Catastrophes, Hank Greenberg and Gehringer were the steady Eddies they've always been, and their pitching, led by an elder Christy Mathewson and not much else, was uninspiring. All in all, the sum of the parts was much less than expected, and cbx chose not to allow the Cougars a second chance in the Super-League, choosing instead to go with his team of ringers, the former Norfolk Splinter Cells.

All in all, the moral of this obit is: Don't listen to team-building advice from cbx.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Brackets!

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
Might as well do the bracket while I have some free time on my hands.

Mark Bellhorn Regional]

1st round

Sharks (v1) beat Specials
Splinter Cells beat Generals
Hunchbacks beat Bearers
Biosparks beat Bombers (v2)
Bronies beat Flying Squirrels

2nd round

Finger-Bangers beat Sharks
Dervishes beat Villains
Splinter Cells beat Aquamen
Phoenixes beat Hunchbacks
Blood Sox beat Biosparks
Potatoes (v1) beat Philosophers
Paris Postmodernists beat Crabs (v1)
Juggernauts (v1) beat Bronies

3rd round

Finger-Bangers beat Dervishes
Phoenixes beat Splinter Cells
Blood Sox beat Potatoes (v1)
Juggernauts (v1) beat Paris Postmodernists

Semifinals
Blood Sox beat Juggernauts (v1)

Final
Finger-Bangers beat Blood Sox

Dr. Mike Remlinger Regional

1st round
Ravens beat Air Raids
Juggernauts (v2) beat Dervishes (v2)
Marmosets beat Crabs (v2)
Fhqwhgads beat 2 Fish 1 Bubble

2nd round
Easy W's beat Ravens
Failures beat Cougars
Bloggers beat Bulldogs
Riots beat Juggernauts (v2)
Sharks (v3) beat Marmosets
Rakers beat Million Dollar Men
Dinger Machines beat Jobbers
Unicorns (v2) beat Fhqwhgads

3rd round
Easy W's beat Failures
Riots beat Bloggers (Edit: another accidental double elimination)
Sharks (v3) beat Rakers
Unicorns (v2) beat Dinger Machines

Semifinals
Easy W's beat Riots
Sharks (v3) beat Unicorns (v2)

Final
Sharks (v3) beat Easy W's

Eri Yoshida Regional

1st round
Longshots beat Lovable Losers
F.P. Penguins beat Radbourns
Dragons beat Dickshots
Aquamen (v2) beat Woodchucks
Crabs (v3) beat Loonies

2nd round
R Losers (v2) beat Longshots
Forgettables (v2) beat Forgettables (v1)
Lava Flows beat F.P. Penguins
Dragons beat Gumshoes
Tornadoes beat Aquamen (v2)
Mathematicians beat Wanzers
Hurricanes beat Communists
Imperialists beat Crabs (v3)

3rd round
R Losers (v2) beat Forgettables (v2)
Dragons beat Lava Flows
Tornadoes beat Mathematicians
Imperialists beat Hurricanes

Semifinals
R Losers (v2) beat Dragons
Imperialists beat Tornadoes

Final
R Losers (v2) beat Imperialists (Edit: Tornadoes can't be here if they lose to the Imperialists)

Mark Grace Regional

1st round
Dutchmen beat Biffs
Hitmen beat Homers
OKC Bombers beat Superbas
Thunderstorms beat Forgettables (v3)
Ted Sox beat Gamblers

2nd round
Bobbleheads beat Dutchmen
Catastrophes beat Masochists
Generics (v1) beat Hitmen
OKC Bombers beat Drinkers
Comancheros beat Thunderstorms
Orchids beat Mules
Tigres beat Destroyers
Supersonics beat Ted Sox

3rd round
Bobbleheads beat Catastrophies
Generics (v1) beat OKC Bombers
Comancheros beat Orchids
Supersonics beat Tigres

Semifinals
Bobbleheads beat Generics (v1)
Supersonics beat Comancheros

Final
Bobbleheads beat Supersonics

Johnny Hopp Regional

1st round
R Losers (v1) beat Electrics
London Calling beat Congratulators
Generics (v2) beat Potatoes (v2)
Bronies (v2) beat Clippers
Beard-Leaguers beat Arguments

2nd round
Landers beat R Losers (v1)
Sad Pandas beat Mongooses
Emperors beat London Calling
Colliders beat Generics (v2)
Dubai Dervishes beat Bronies (v2)
Spooners beat Cal Unspecifieds
Greater Moogs beat Blind Men
Oranges beat Beard-Leaguers

3rd round
Landers beat Sad Pandas
Colliders beat Emperors
Dubai Dervishes beat Spooners
Oranges beat Greater Moogs

Semifinals
Landers beat Colliders
Oranges beat Dubai Dervishes

Final
Landers beat Oranges

Quad-Foxx Regional

1st round
Elites beat Aquamen (v3)
Daydreamers beat Mudholes
Sharks (v2) beat Llamas
Automatons beat Clues
Jerks over BaBiPs

2nd round
Dopplebangers beat Elites
Saints beat Superstars
Blues beat Daydreamers
Googly-Mooglies beat Sharks (v2)
Ant Unspecifieds beat Automatons
Freewheelers beat Phantoms (assuming this is after I ravaged them)
V.C. Goose Eggs beat PaTa PoMods
Mercuries (v1) beat Jerks

3rd round
Dopplebangers beat Saints
Googly-Mooglies beat Blues
Ant Unspecifieds beat Freewheelers
Mercuries (v1) beat V.C. Goose Eggs

Semifinals
Googly-Mooglies beat Dopplebangers
Mercuries (v1) beat Ant Unspecifieds

Final
Mercuries (v1) beat Googly-Mooglies

Wonder Who I'll Pick.... I mean Det. Don Slaught Regional
1st round
#OccupySL beat Bombers (v1)
Pirates beat Indians
A. Penguins beat Batmen
Wanderers beat Potatoes (v3)
Leprechauns (v2) beat Googles

2nd round
Skyhawks beat #OccupySL
Unicorns (v1) beat Senadores
Pirates beat Coburns
Leprechauns (v1) beat A. Penguins
Vigilantes beat Wanderers
Original Riots beat Atl Unspecifieds
Barons beat Mid Suicides
Murderbots beat Leprechauns (v2)

3rd round
Skyhawks beat Unicorns (v1)
Pirates beat Leprechauns (v1)
Vigilantes beat Original Riots
Murderbots beat Barons

Semifinals
Skyhawks beat Pirates
Vigilantes beat Murderbots

Final
Skyhawks beat Vigilantes

THE Thornton Lee Regional

First round
Smokers beat Surf
Whalers beat Engineers
Killer Mikes beat Commies
Sluggers beat Pessimists
Sea Suicides beat Runnin' Ramen

Second round
Cultists beat Smokers
Elephants beat Power Rangers
Switchblades beat Whalers
Manatees beat Killer Mikes
Fillies beat Sluggers
Goose Eggs beat Bengals
Cutthroats beat Poly PoMos
Mercuries (v2) beat Sea Suicides

Third round
Cultists beat Elephants
Manatees beat Switchblades (Edit: no rematches in a tournament like this)
Fillies beat Goose Eggs
Mercuries (v2) beat Cutthroats

Semifinals
Cultists beat Manatees
Mercuries (v2) beat Fillies

Final
Mercuries (v2) beat Cultists

Championship Rounds
Finger-Bangers over Sharks (v3)
R Losers (v2) beat Bobbleheads
Landers beat Mercuries (v1)
Skyhawks beat Mercuries (v2)

Finger-Bangers beat R Losers
Skyhawks beat Landers

Skyhawks beat Finger-Bangers

TKBomber7285 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 27, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

code:
Swingers (14)
Roy Campanella	1956	BRO	C
King Kelly    	????	???	C
Joe Kelley	1902	BAL	1B
Willie Stargell 1965	PIT	1B
Riggs Stephenson1924	CLE	2B
Ernie Banks	1958	CHC	SS
Joe Cronin	1935	BOS	SS
John McGraw	1902	BAL	3B
Jackie Robinson	1956	BRO	3B
Tris Speaker	1924	CLE	OF
Billy Hamilton	1901	BSN	OF
Duke Snider	1956	BRO	OF
Ted Williams	1939	BOS	OF
Mike Trout	2012	LAA	OF

Tossers (11)
Sandy Koufax	1956	BRO	SP
Roy Halladay    2003    TOR     SP
Lefty Grove	1935	BOS	SP
Don Drysdale	1956	BRO	SP
Joe McGinnity	1902	BAL	SP
Stan Coveleski	1924	CLE	SP
Mike Adams	2006    MIL	RP
Rollie Fingers  1970    OAK	RP
Sparky Lyle 	1972	NYY 	RP
Jeff Montgomery	1992	KCR	RP
John Hiller	1968	DET	RP

AAA: 
Rick Ferrell	1935	BOS	C
Billy Werber	1935	BOS	3B
Gil Hodges	1956	BRO	1B
Tom Gordon	1992	KCR	RP
Mark Davis	1992	KCR	RP
Clem Labine	1956	BRO	RP
George Uhle	1924	CLE	SP
Tom Hughes	1902	BAL	SP
Don Newcombe	1956	BRO	SP
Harry Howell	1902	BAL	SP
Rotation:
1) Koufax
2) Halladay
3) Drysdale
4) Grove
5) McGinnity
CL Adams
SU Fingers
SR Lyle
SR Montgomery
MR Hiller
LR Coveleski

vs RHP no DH
3B McGraw
LF Williams
CF Trout
1B Stargell
SS Banks
RF Snider
C Campanella
2B Stephenson

vs LHP no DH
1B Kelley
CF Trout
RF Williams
SS Banks
C Campanella
LF Speaker
2B Stephenson
3B Cronin

Kelly catches Grove

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Stealing TKBomber's list with two changes. Sorry not sorry.

Mark Bellhorn Regional]

1st round

Hunchbacks beat Bearers

2nd round

Dervishes beat Villains
Blood Sox beat Biosparks

3rd round

Semifinals

Final

1st round
Ravens beat Air Raids

2nd round
Easy W's beat Ravens
Failures beat Cougars
Bloggers beat Bulldogs

3rd round
Easy W's beat Failures
Riots beat Bloggers
Sharks (v3) beat Rakers

Semifinals
Easy W's beat Riots

Final
Sharks (v3) beat Easy W's

Eri Yoshida Regional

1st round
Dragons beat Dickshots
Crabs (v3) beat Loonies

2nd round
Dragons beat Gumshoes
Tornados beat Aquamen (v2)

3rd round
Dragons beat Lava Flows
Tornados beat Mathematicians

Semifinals
Imperialists beat Tornados

Final
R Losers (v2) beat Imperialists

Mark Grace Regional

1st round
Dutchmen beat Biffs
Hitmen beat Homers
Ted Sox beat Gamblers

2nd round
Orchids beat Mules
Tigres beat Destroyers
Supersonics beat Ted Sox

3rd round
Comancheros beat Orchids
Supersonics beat Tigres

Semifinals

Final

Johnny Hopp Regional

1st round

2nd round

3rd round
Landers beat Sad Pandas
Colliders beat Emperors

Semifinals
Landers beat Colliders

Final
Landers beat Oranges

Quad-Foxx Regional

1st round
Elites beat Aquamen (v3)
Sharks (v2) beat Llamas
Automatons beat Clues
Jerks beat BaBiPs

2nd round
Saints beat Superstars
Blues beat Daydreamers

3rd round

Semifinals

Final

Wonder Who TKBomber will Pick.... I mean Det. Don Slaught Regional
1st round
Pirates beat Indians
A. Penguins beat Batmen

2nd round
Skyhawks beat #OccupySL
Pirates beat Coburns
Barons beat Mid Suicides

3rd round
Murderbots beat Barons

Semifinals
Skyhawks beat Pirates

Final
Skyhawks beat Vigilantes

First round
Smokers beat Surf
Whalers beat Engineers
Sluggers beat Pessimists

Second round
Cultists beat Smokers
Fillies beat Sluggers
Goose Eggs beat Bengals

Third round
Cultists beat Elephants
Fillies beat Goose Eggs

Semifinals
Cultists beat Manatees

Final

Championship Rounds
Finger-Bangers over Sharks (v3)
Mercs v1 def Luna Landers
Mercs v2 def Skyhawks

Mercs v2 def. Mercs v1

Finger-Bangers def Mercs v2

Senerio fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 27, 2013

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Senerio posted:

Stealing TKBomber's list with two changes. Sorry not sorry.

No need to be sorry. Though I'll say that with my record in last season's pick 'em game, you might want to cheat off someone else.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
My very un-biased picks below

Mark Bellhorn Bracket:

Round 1
Specials beat Sharks
Hunchbacks beat Bearers
Biosparks beat Bombers
Flyin’ Squirrels beat Bronies

Round 2
Finger-Bangers beat Specials
Villains beat Dervishes
Aquamen beat Splinter Cells
Hunchbacks beat Phoenixes
Blood Sox beat Biosparks
Philosophers beat Potatoes
Crabs beat Paris
Flyin’ Squirrels beat Juggernauts

Round 3
Finger Bangers beat Villains
Aquamen beat Hunchbacks
Blood Sox beat Philosophers
Flyin’ Squirrles beat Crabs

Round 4
Finger Bangers beat Aquamen
Blood Sox beat Flyin’ Squirrels

Round 5
Blood Sox beat Finger Bangers

Johnny Hopp Regional

Round 1
Electrics beat Losers
London beats Congratulators
Potatoes beat Generics
Clippers beat Bronies
Beard League beats Arguments

Round 2
Landers beat Electrics
Mongooses beat Pandas
London beats Emperors
Colliders beat Potatoes
Dervishes beat Clippers
Unspecifieds beat Spooners
Blind Men beat Greater Mooglies
Oranges beat Beard League

Round 3
Landers beat Mongooses
London beats Colliders
Dervishes beat Unspecifieds
Oranges beat Blind Men

Round 4
London beats Landers
Oranges beat Dervishes

Round 5
Oranges beat London

Mike Remlinger Bracket

Round 1
Air Raids beat Ravens
Dervishes beat Juggernauts
Marmosets beat Crabs

Round 2
Eazy W’s beat Air Raids
Cougars beat Failures
Bulldogs beat Bloggers
Riots beat Dervishes
Sharks beat Marmosets
MDM beat Rakers
Fhqwhgads beat Unicorns

Round 3
Eazy W’s beat Cougars
Riots beat Bulldogs
Sharks beat MDM
Fhqwhgads beat Dinger Machines

Round 4
Eazy W’s beat Riots
Fhqwhgads beat Sharks

Round 5
Fhqwhgads beat Eazy W’s

Quad-Foxx Regional

Round 1
Aquamen beat Elites
Mudholes beat Daydreamers
Sharks beat Llamas
Clues beat Automatons
Jerks beat BABiPs

Round 2
Doppel-Bangers beat Aquamen
Superstars beat Sains
Blues beat Mudholes
Googly-Mooglies beat Sharks
Unspecifieds beat Clues
Phantoms beat Freewheelers
Goose Eggs beat Pata
Jerks beat Mercuries

Round 3
Superstars beat Doppel-Bangers
Blues beat Googly-Mooglies
Phantoms beat Unspecifieds
Goose Eggs beat Jerks

Round 4
Superstars beat Blues
Phantoms beat Goose Eggs

Round 5
Superstars beat Phantoms

Eri Yoshida Regional

Round 1
Longshots beat Losers
Penguins beat Radbourns
Dickshots beat Dragons
Woodchucks beat Aquamen
Crabs beat Loonies

Round 2
Losers beat Longshots
Forgettables V2 beat V1
Penguins beat Lava Flows
Dickshots beat Gumshoes
Tornadoes beat Woodchucks
Mathmaticians beat Wanzers
Imperialists beat Crabs

Round 3
Losers beat Forgettables
Penguins beat Dickshots
Hurricanes beat Imperialists

Round 4
Penguins beat Losers
Hurricanes beat Tornadoes

Round 5
Penguins beat Hurricanes

Det. Don Slaught Regional

Round 1
#Occupy beats Bombers
Pirates beat Indians
Penguins beat Batmen
Potatoes beat Wanderers
Googles beat Leprechauns

Round 2
Skyhawks beat #Occupy
Senadores beat Unicorns
Pirates beat Coburns
Penguins beat Leprechauns
Vigilantes beat Potatoes
Riots beat Unspecifieds
Barons beat Mid Suicides
Muderbots beat Googles

Round 3
Skyhawks beat Senadores
Pirates beat Penguins
Vigilantes beat Riots
Muderbots beat Barons

Round 4
Skyhawks beat Pirates

Round 5
Skyhawks beat Vigilantes

Mark Grace Regional

Round 1
Dutchmen beat Biffs
Homers beat Hitmen
Thunderstorms beat Forgettables
Ted Sox beat Gamblers

Round 2
Homers beat Generics
OKC beats Drinkers
Orchids beat Mules
Tigres beat Destroyers
Supersonics beat Ted Sox

Round 3
Bobbleheads beat Catastrophes
Homers beat OKC
Orchids beat Comancheros
Supersonics beat Tigres

Round 4
Homers beat Bobbleheads
Supersonics beat Orchids

Round 5
Homers beat Supersonics

Round 1
Smokers beat Surf
Whalers beat Engineers
Sluggers beat Pessimists
Suicides beat Ramen

Round 2
Cultists beat Smokers
Whalers beat Switchblades
Fillies beat Sluggers
Bengals beat Goose Eggs
Cutthroats beat Poly
Suicides beat Mercuries

Round 3
Cultists beat Elephants
Whalers beat Manatees
Fillies beat Bengals
Suicides beat Cutthroats

Round 4
Cultists beat Whalers
Suicides beat Fillies

Round 5
Suicides beat Cultists

CHAMPIONSHIPS:
Quarterfinals

Fhqwhgads beat Blood Sox
Penguins beat Homers
Superstars beat Oranges
Suicides beat Skyhawks

Semis
Penguins beat Fhqwhgads
Suicides beat Superstars

FINAL
Penguins beat Suicides

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Might as well do the bracket while I have some free time on my hands.

Mark Bellhorn Regional]

1st round

Bearers beat Hunchbacks

2nd round

Dervishes beat Villains
Blood Sox beat Biosparks

3rd round

Semifinals

Final

1st round
Ravens beat Air Raids

2nd round
Easy W's beat Ravens
Failures beat Cougars
Bloggers beat Bulldogs

3rd round
Easy W's beat Cougars
Riots beat Bloggers
Sharks (v3) beat Rakers

Semifinals
Easy W's beat Riots

Final
Easy W's beat Sharks (v3)

Eri Yoshida Regional

1st round
Dragons beat Dickshots
Crabs (v3) beat Loonies

2nd round
Dragons beat Gumshoes

3rd round
Dragons beat Lava Flows

Semifinals

Final
R Losers (v2) beat Imperialists

Mark Grace Regional

1st round
Dutchmen beat Biffs
Hitmen beat Homers
Ted Sox beat Gamblers

2nd round
Hitmen beat Generics (v1)
Orchids beat Mules
Tigres beat Destroyers
Supersonics beat Ted Sox

3rd round
Hitmen beat OKC Bombers
Comancheros beat Orchids
Supersonics beat Tigres

Semifinals
Bobbleheads beat Hitmen

Final

Johnny Hopp Regional

1st round
Arguments beat Beard-Leaguers

2nd round
Oranges beat Arguments

3rd round
Landers beat Sad Pandas
Colliders beat Emperors

Semifinals
Landers beat Colliders
Dubai Dervishes beat Oranges

Final
Landers beat Dubai Dervishes

Quad-Foxx Regional

1st round
Elites beat Aquamen (v3)
Sharks (v2) beat Llamas
Automatons beat Clues
Jerks beat BaBiPs

2nd round
Saints beat Superstars
Blues beat Daydreamers

3rd round

Semifinals

Final

1st round
Pirates beat Indians
Batmen beat A. Penguins

2nd round
Skyhawks beat #OccupySL
Pirates beat Coburns
Leprechauns (v1) beat Batmen
Barons beat Mid Suicides

3rd round
Murderbots beat Barons

Semifinals
Skyhawks beat Pirates

Final
Skyhawks beat Vigilantes

First round
Smokers beat Surf
Whalers beat Engineers
Sluggers beat Pessimists

Second round
Cultists beat Smokers
Fillies beat Sluggers
Goose Eggs beat Bengals

Third round
Cultists beat Elephants
Manatees beat swithcblades
Fillies beat Goose Eggs

Semifinals
Cultists beat Manatees
Fillies beat Mercuries (v2)

Final
Cultists beat Fillies

Championship Rounds
Finger-Bangers beat Easy W's
Bobbleheads beat R Losers (v2)
Skyhawks beat Cultists

Landers beat Skyhawks

Finger-Bangers beat Landers

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 27, 2013

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Beet fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 27, 2013

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Mark Bellhorn Regional]

1st round

Specials beat Sharks
Bearers beat Hunchbacks

2nd round

Dervishes beat Villains
Blood Sox beat Biosparks
Philosophers beat Potatoes (v1)
Crabs (v1) beat Paris Postmodernists

3rd round

Blood Sox beat Philosophers
Juggernauts (v1) beat Crabs (v1)

Semifinals
Finger-Bangers beat Phoenixes
Juggernauts (v1) beat Blood Sox

Final
Finger-Bangers beat Juggernauts (v1)

1st round
Air Raids beat Ravens
Crabs (v2) beat Marmosets

2nd round
Easy W's beat Air Raids
Failures beat Cougars
Bloggers beat Bulldogs
Sharks (v3) beat Crabs (v2)
Million Dollar Men beat Rakers
Jobbers beat Dinger Machines

3rd round
Easy W's beat Failures
Bloggers beat Riots
Million Dollar Men beat Sharks (v3)
Unicorns (v2) beat Jobbers

Semifinals
Bloggers beat Easy W's
Unicorns (v2) beat Million Dollar Men

Final
Bloggers beat Unicorns (v2)

Eri Yoshida Regional

1st round
Dragons beat Dickshots
Woodchucks beat Aquamen (v2)
Crabs (v3) beat Loonies

2nd round
Gumshoes beat Dragons

3rd round
Gumshoes beat Lava Flows

Semifinals
Gumshoes beat R Losers (v2)
Tornadoes beat Imperialists

Final
Tornadoes beat Gumshoes

Mark Grace Regional

1st round
Biffs beat Dutchmen
Hitmen beat Homers
Superbas beat OKC Bombers
Ted Sox beat Gamblers

2nd round
Bobbleheads beat Biffs
Drinkers beat Superbas
Orchids beat Mules
Destroyers beat Tigres
Supersonics beat Ted Sox

3rd round
Generics (v1) beat Drinkers
Comancheros beat Orchids
Supersonics beat Destroyers

Semifinals
Generics (v1) beat Bobbleheads

Final
Supersonics beat Generics (v1)

Johnny Hopp Regional

1st round
Clippers beat Bronies (v2)
Arguments beat Beard-Leaguers

2nd round
Dubai Dervishes beat Clippers
Oranges beat Arguments

3rd round
Landers beat Sad Pandas
Colliders beat Emperors

Semifinals
Landers beat Colliders
beat Dubai Dervishes

Final
Landers beat Oranges

Quad-Foxx Regional

1st round
Aquamen (v3) beat Elites
Sharks (v2) beat Llamas
Automatons beat Clues
BaBiPs beat Jerks

2nd round
Dopplebangers beat Aquamen (v3)
Saints beat Superstars
Clues beat Mudholes
Mercuries (v1) beat BaBiPs

3rd round
Googly-Mooglies beat Clues
Phantoms beat Ant Unspecifieds

Semifinals
Mercuries (v1) beat Phantoms

Final

1st round
Indians beat Pirates
Batmen beat A. Penguins
Potatoes (v3) beat Wanderers

2nd round
Skyhawks beat #OccupySL
Senadores beat Unicorns (v1)
Coburns beat Indians
Leprechauns (v1) beat Batmen
Vigilantes beat Potatoes (v3)
Barons beat Mid Suicides

3rd round
Skyhawks beat Senadores
Coburns beat Leprechauns (v1)
Murderbots beat Barons

Semifinals
Coburns beat Skyhawks

Final
Vigilantes beat Skyhawks

First round
Surf beat Smokers
Whalers beat Engineers
Commies beat Killer Mikes
Sluggers beat Pessimists

Second round
Cultists beat Surf
Commies beat Manatees
Fillies beat Sluggers
Goose Eggs beat Bengals
Poly PoMos beat Cutthroats

Third round
Cultists beat Elephants
Commies beat Switchblades
Goose Eggs beat Fillies
Mercuries (v2) beat Poly PoMos

Semifinals
Cultists beat Commies
Mercuries (v2) beat Goose Eggs

Final

Championship Rounds
Finger-Bangers beat Bloggers
Tornados beat Supersonics
Mercuries (v2) beat Vigilantes

Finger-Bangers beat Tornados
Mercuries (v2) beat Landers

Finger-Bangers beat Mercuries (v2)

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Mark Bellhorn Regional

1st round

Hunchbacks beat Bearers

2nd round

Dervishes beat Villains
Blood Sox beat Biosparks

3rd round

Splinter Cells beat Phoenixes

Semifinals
Finger-Bangers beat Splinter Cells

Final

1st round
Ravens beat Air Raids

2nd round
Easy W's beat Ravens
Cougars beat Failures
Bloggers beat Bulldogs

3rd round
Easy W's beat Cougars
Riots beat Bloggers
Sharks (v3) beat Rakers

Semifinals
Easy W's beat Riots

Final
Easy W's beat Sharks (v3)

Eri Yoshida Regional

1st round
Dragons beat Dickshots
Crabs (v3) beat Loonies

2nd round
Dragons beat Gumshoes

3rd round
Dragons beat Lava Flows

Semifinals

Final
R Losers (v2) beat Tornadoes

Mark Grace Regional

1st round
Dutchmen beat Biffs
Hitmen beat Homers
Ted Sox beat Gamblers

2nd round
Orchids beat Mules
Tigres beat Destroyers
Supersonics beat Ted Sox

3rd round
Comancheros beat Orchids
Supersonics beat Tigres

Semifinals

Final

Johnny Hopp Regional

1st round

2nd round

3rd round
Landers beat Sad Pandas
Colliders beat Emperors

Semifinals
Landers beat Colliders

Final
Landers beat Oranges

Quad-Foxx Regional

1st round
Elites beat Aquamen (v3)
Llamas beat Sharks (v2)
Automatons beat Clues
Jerks beat BaBiPs

2nd round
Saints beat Superstars
Blues beat Daydreamers
Googly-Mooglies beat Llamas
Freewheelers beat Phantoms

3rd round

Semifinals

Final

1st round
Pirates beat Indians
A. Penguins beat Batmen

2nd round
Skyhawks beat #OccupySL
Pirates beat Coburns
Barons beat Mid Suicides

3rd round
Murderbots beat Barons

Semifinals
Skyhawks beat Pirates

Final
Skyhawks beat Vigilantes

First round
Smokers beat Surf
Whalers beat Engineers
Sluggers beat Pessimists

Second round
Cultists beat Smokers
Fillies beat Sluggers
Goose Eggs beat Bengals

Third round
Cultists beat Elephants
Fillies beat Goose Eggs

Semifinals
Cultists beat Manatees

Final

Championship Rounds
Finger-Bangers beat Easy W's
Skyhawks beat Mercuries (v2)

Skyhawks beat Landers

Skyhawks beat Finger-Bangers

I am incredibly offended that no one thinks my Llamas are going to win their play in game. Obviously the Llamas are going to win it all.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mark Bellhorn Regional

1st round

Specials beat Sharks
Hunchbacks beat Bearers
Flying Squirrels beat Bronies

2nd round

Dervishes beat Villains
Biosparks beat Blood Sox
Crabs (v1) beat Paris Postmodernists
Juggernauts (v1) beat Flying Squirrels

3rd round

Splinter Cells beat Phoenixes
Philosophers beat Biosparks
Juggernauts (v1) beat Crabs (v1)

Semifinals
Finger-Bangers beat Splinter Cells
Juggernauts (v1) beat Philosophers

Final
Finger-Bangers beat Juggernauts (v1)

1st round
Air Raids beat Ravens

2nd round
Easy W's beat Air Raids
Failures beat Cougars
Bloggers beat Bulldogs
Fhqwhgads beat Unicorns (v2)

3rd round
Easy W's beat Failures
Bloggers beat Riots
Rakers beat Sharks (v3)
Dinger Machines beat Fhqwhgads

Semifinals
Easy W's beat Bloggers
Rakers beat Dinger Machines

Final
Easy W's beat Rakers

Eri Yoshida Regional

1st round
Dragons beat Dickshots
Woodchucks beat Aquamen (v2)
Crabs (v3) beat Loonies

2nd round
Dragons beat Gumshoes

3rd round
Lava Flows beat Dragons

Semifinals
R Losers (v2) beat Lava Flows

Final
Imperialists beat R Losers (v2)

Mark Grace Regional

1st round
Dutchmen beat Biffs
Hitmen beat Homers
Superbas beat OKC Bombers
Ted Sox beat Gamblers

2nd round
Drinkers beat Superbas
Thunderstorms beat Comancheros
Orchids beat Mules
Destroyers beat Tigres
Supersonics beat Ted Sox

3rd round
Drinkers beat Generics (v1)
Comancheros beat Orchids

Semifinals
Bobbleheads beat Drinkers

Final
Supersonics beat Bobbleheads

Johnny Hopp Regional

1st round
Calling beat Congratulators
Clippers beat Bronies (v2)

2nd round
Emperors beat Calling
Dervishes beat Clippers
Cal Unspecifieds beat Spooners

3rd round
Landers beat Sad Pandas
Colliders beat Emperors
Dervishes beat Cal Unspecifieds

Semifinals
Colliders beat Landers
Oranges beat Dervishes

Final
Colliders beat Oranges

Quad-Foxx Regional

1st round
Aquamen (v3) beat Elites
Sharks (v2) beat Llamas
Automatons beat Clues
BaBiPs beat Jerks

2nd round
Dopplebangers beat Aquamen (v3)
Saints beat Superstars
Blues beat Mudholes
Goose Eggs beat PaTa PoMods
Mercuries (v1) beat BaBiPs

3rd round
Blues beat Googly-Mooglies
Ant Unspecifieds beat. Phantoms
Mercuries (v1) beat Goose Eggs

Semifinals
Dopplebangers beat Blues

Final
Mercuries (v1) beat Dopplebangers

1st round
Bombers (v1) beat #OccupySL
Pirates beat Indians
A. Penguins beat Batmen
Potatoes (v3) beat Wanderers

2nd round
Skyhawks beat Bombers (v1)
Pirates beat Coburns
Vigilantes beat Potatoes (v3)
Mid Suicides beat Barons

3rd round
Leprechauns (v1) beat Pirates
Original Riots beat Vigilantes
Mid Suicides beat Murderbots

Semifinals
Skyhawks beat Leprechauns (v1)
Mid Suicides beat Original Riots

Final
Skyhawks beat Mid Suicides

First round
Surf beat Smokers
Engineers beat Whalers
Commies beat Killer Mikes
Pessimists beat Muggers

Second round
Cultists beat Surf
Engineers beat Switchblades
Manatees beat Commies
Fillies beat Pessimists
Bengals beat Goose Eggs
Poly PoMos beat Cutthroats

Third round
Cultists beat Elephants
Manatees beat Engineers
Fillies beat Bengals
Mercuries (v2) beat Poly PoMos

Semifinals
Manatees beat Cultists

Final
Manatees beat Mercuries (v2)

Championship Rounds

Easy W's beat Finger-Bangers
Supersonics beat Imperialists
Colliders beat Mercuries (v1)
Skyhawks beat Manatees

Supersonics beat Easy W's
Skyhawks beat Colliders

Supersonics beat Skyhawks

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The Focus-Group Tested, Life-Changing, Mildly-Intoxicated, Insane-in-the-Membrane Super-League X Preview: Memento Mori Division

In olden times, it was said that if you wanted to train a longbow-man, you should start with his grandfather. Well, if you want to win the Memento Mori Division, I recommend founding a team in Super-League VI.

Catcher
1. '51 Yogi Berra/'84 Lance Parrish (ANT)
2. '34 Gabby Hartnett (BSS)
3. '38 Bill Dickey (SMA)
4. '56 Roy Campanella (CAN)
5. '07 Yadier Molina (FPP)
6. '84 Carlton Fisk/'61 Johnny Roseboro (BUR)

What can I say? I like a properly-executed platoon. After that, we have three Hall of Fame catchers in a row. I like Hartnett a bit better, even if I can't articulate why. Probably because he has more pop than Dickey, though Dickey might end up being the better hitter. Campy was always more than a little inconsistent, and was getting quite old by '56, although he does have King Kelly waiting in the wings to spell him. '07 Yadier Molina had not yet learned to hit. The Fisk in the Imperialists' platoon in 36 years old. Now I know that Fisk played for another nine years after '84, but the Mogul engine looks at Fisk and says to itself "A catcher in his late '30s? DESTROY! DESTROY!". As for Roseboro, he was an okay catcher who is best known today for getting beaten with a bat by Juan Marichal.

First Baseman
1. '29 Jimmie Foxx (BSS)
2. '07 Albert Pujols (FPP)
3. '11 Miguel Cabrera (ANT)
4. '94 Jeff Bagwell (BUR)
5. '65 Willie Stargell/'02 Joe Kelley (CAN)
6. '07 Lance Berkman (SMA)

Good group. I'll take Foxx over Pujols for reasons I can't quite articulate, and which are probably the result of my antipathy towards the Cardinals in general. Cabrera can rake, but is a bad fielder even for a 1B, and has to play in the freezing dome of the Unspecifieds, which kills offense. Bagwell has been up and down in the Super-League, but I have more faith in him than the three below him. The Stargell/Kelley platoon is, at the least, interesting. Speaking of platoons, you can't let Berkman hit against lefties. Oh, I know that, technically speaking, that he's a switch-hitter, but by 2007, that was really more theoretical than practical.

Second Baseman
1. '11 Eddie Collins (BUR)
2. '18 Rogers Hornsby (ANT)
3. '05 Chase Utley (BSS)
4. '89 Ryne Sandberg (FPP)
5. '24 Riggs Stephenson (CAN)
6. '07 Chris Burke (SMA)

I'll take Collins over Hornsby because Collins can actually field well at 2B, unlike Hornsby, who just never gave a single poo poo about fielding. I'll take Utley over Sandberg because Utley drew more walks. Granted, some of that just has to do with the fact that everyone took more walks in 2005 than in 1989, and I think Sandberg is the better player overall, but I think Utley will do a bit better in the Super-League. Riggs, for all of his talents, can't really field at 2B, no matter what UltimoDragonQuest and CthulhuDreams may want me to believe. Chris Burke...never played a full season, and ended his six-year career with a 75 OPS+. That might not end well.

Third Baseman
1. '54 Eddie Mathews/'91 Matt Williams (BUR)
2. '02 John McGraw/'35 Joe Cronin (CAN)
3. '34 Stan Hack (BSS)
4. '11 Home Run Baker/'29 Pie Traynor (ANT)
5. '12 Ryan Zimmerman (FPP)
6. '03 Jimmy Collins (SMA)

None of these platoons are great. Mathews has been inconsistent in the league, and Williams appears to believe that drawing a walk is a violation of his faith. I'd put the McGraw/Cronin platoon higher is McGraw had any real chance of getting through the season without exploding into pieces. Hack and Baker/Traynor are essentially a wash, I think. I recall James ranking Baker a bit higher than Hack, who was rated higher than Traynor. All three are great third basemen, though, and there's not a ton separating the two. I don't trust Ryan Zimmerman. But hey, maybe I'm wrong about that. Jimmy Collins isn't much of a defender, mainly because he's a deadballer, and Mogul doesn't like them, and he is entirely punchless at the plate.

Shortstop
1. '01 Alex Rodriguez (FPP)
2. '58 Ernie Banks (CAN)
3. '97 Derek Jeter (ANT)
4. '95 Barry Larkin (SMA)
5. '50 Pee Wee Reese (BSS)
6. '75 Robin Yount (BUR)

I'll take home runs over batting average any day, which is why I took the two most powerful shortstops in history over Derek Jeter. I guess I do have to put Jeter over Larkin, even though my inner contrarian really doesn't want to. Unfortunately, Jeter is almost certainly going to hit better, so I don't have a choice. I guess I'll take Reese over Yount, mainly because I have no idea what Viscount Slim is going to do with his SS situation, but I'm reasonably sure that it's not going to be very good at all.

Left Fielder
1. '39 Ted Williams/'24 Tris Speaker (CAN)
2. '89 Rickey Henderson (BUR)
3. '34 Chuck Klein (BSS)
4. '10 Joe Jackson (ANT)
5. '07 Carlos Lee (SMA)
6. '12 Mike Morse (FPP)

TED WILLIAMS! Also, one of UDQ's odder platoons. I will never understand his lineup construction. Rickey is still Rickey, and has usually been good at igniting the Imperialists' offense, even if the rest of that lineup tends to waste Rickey's greatness. But Rickey is going to get even with them someday...

Klein is better than Jackson in that Klein can actually hit home runs, field at LF, display basic literacy and not get caught throwing games, none of which Jackson was especially good at. Carlos Lee and Mike Morse are both, uh...they both exist.

Center Fielder
1. '15 Tris Speaker (ANT)
2. '04 Jim Edmonds (BSS)
3. '12 Mike Trout (CAN)
4. '00 Jim Edmonds/'80 Cesar Cedeno (BUR)
5. '12 Bryce Harper (FPP)
6. '07 Josh Anderson (SMA)

Speaker is one of the best center fielders of all-time, on both sides of the ball. Edmonds should, at the very least, hit a bunch of home runs. He'll probably have a slash line of something like .230/.340/.450, but that's not terrible in the Super-League. Mike Trout will be exactly as good as I edit him to be. Let's hope I'm feeling generous. The Edmonds/Cedeno platoon is okay. Not great, but okay. Bryce Harper is even younger than Trout, and didn't have as good a year, so it's hard for me to see how he'd be that effective in the Super-League. Josh Anderson played three years in the majors, and hit a grand total of four home runs. It would be impossible for me to overstate how bad an idea it is to make him your starting center fielder. Not even if I created a five-act musical to that effect. And not even if that musical had a hit song entitled, "Josh Anderson was not even good enough to be a starter in the real world!"

Right Fielder
1. '56 Duke Snider/'39 Ted Williams (CAN)
2. '29 Paul Waner (ANT)
3. '34 Babe Herman (BSS)
4. '84 Darryl Strawberry (SMA)
5. '10 Lance Berkman/'08 Carlos Beltran (BUR)
6. '02 Ichiro Suzuki (FPP)

The Silver Fox is the best of a pretty shaky lot, especially since he has Ted Williams to handle left-handed hitters for him. Paul Waner will hit for a high average, and not do much else. But it will be a pretty high average, at least. Babe Herman is a solid hitter, here as in real life. The problem with Straw is that because his career fizzled out pretty quickly, Mogul does not take kindly to him. Berkman and Beltran are okay. Not great, but okay. Suzuki can hit singles. He can't do much besides hit singles, but he's really good at it.

Bench
1. '?? King Kelly/'01 Billy Hamilton/'56 Jackie Robinson/Platoon Partners (CAN)
2. '10 Sam Crawford/'78 Bobby Grich/'65 Tony Oliva/'89 George Brett (ANT)
3. '97 Roberto Alomar/'00 J.D. Drew/Platoon Partners (BUR)
4. '28 Jimmie Wilson/'77 Bobby Bonds/'27 Eddie Collins/'01 Moises Alou/'34 Billy Jurges (BSS)
5. '87 Harold Reynolds/'07 David Eckstein/'12 Jayson Werth/'87 Alvin Davis/'12 Adam LaRoche/'87 Scott Bradley'07 Skip Schumacher/'07 Aaron Miles (FPP)
6. '07 J.R. Towles/'07 Craig Biggio/'03 Freddy Parent/'03 Patsy Dougherty/'84 Rusty Staub/'03 Sam Crawford (SMA)

From least-suckiest to most-suckiest.

SP1
1. '77 Nolan Ryan (BSS)
2. '?? Hilton Smith (BUR)
3. '56 Sandy Koufax (CAN)
4. '65 Jim Kaat (ANT)
5. '12 Gio Gonzalez (FPP)
6. '84 Ron Darling (SMA)

Kneel before the might of Nolan Ryan, conqueror of worlds! I know that some people question Hilton, but, at the end of the day, I don't, and it's my decision to make. Koufax is still fairly young in '56, and was kind of erratic until he moved into a giant ballpark that made it a lot easier for him to dominate. Jim Kaat is a control lefty, and, well, how often does that work in the Super-League. Gio Gonzalez is probably not quite good enough to anchor a Super-League rotation yet. Ron Darling went to Yale. I feel compelled to note that, as every discussion of Ron Darling includes that fact as, without it, Ron Darling is just a mediocre starter who is not interesting in any way.

SP2
1. '?? Martin Dihigo (BUR)
2. '28 Pete Alexander (BSS)
3. '03 Roy Halladay (CAN)
4. '18 Dazzy Vance (ANT)
5. '87 Mark Langston (FPP)
6. '03 Bill Dinneen (SMA)

Top three are great, and could finish in any order, although Alexander does have decent chance of blowing out his arm because of age. Then again, he's still Pete Alexander, you can't worry that much about it. Dazzy Vance was still a few years away from being a good pitcher in 1918. Mark Langston was a power lefty who was overworked in his early career and never quite reached his potential. More ominous for this version, Langston issued 114 walks in 1987, which was a huge number in those days. And the Super-League has plenty of patient hitters. The Engineers....

BILL DINNEEN? Do you think I made this sign as a joke?

May god have mercy on you, because I won't.

SP3
1. '15 Joe Wood (BUR)
2. '56 Don Drysdale (CAN)
3. '77 Frank Tanana (BSS)
4. '58 Whitey Ford (ANT)
5. '07 Adam Wainwright (FPP)
6. '07 Roy Oswalt (SMA)

Wood is the reigning, defending Cy Young Winner in the Dynamo League. Drysdale has been solid, even if he's a bit too young in '56 to be completely trustworthy. In choosing between two lefties that really shouldn't be trusted, I'll take the guy with more power over the walking disaster that is Whitey Ford. Adam Wainwright is an enemy to all that is good and pure. He must be purged from this world. Roy Oswalt has been inconsistent in the Super-League. Inconsistent in that sometimes, he's bad, and other times, he's very, very bad.

SP4
1. '35 Lefty Grove (CAN)
2. '34 Lon Warneke (BSS)
3. '11 Eddie Plank (SMA)
4. '82 Don Sutton (BUR)
5. '11 Doug Fister (ANT)
6. '12 Jordan Zimmerman (FPP)

Grove might be the best left-handed pitcher in history. Or he might not. These things are always subject to debate. Warneke was actually one of the best pitchers of his era, it just happened to be an era without a huge number of truly great pitchers, probably because, in the '30s, offense was still at relatively high levels, and it's hard to establish pitching greatness in that kind of situation. Eddie Plank is great with the right defense behind him. I don't know that the Engineers have that kind of defense, as Larkin is good, but Collins, thanks to his deadball glove, isn't particularly great, Burke is a wildcard, and Berkman is just plain bad. Doug Fister is okay in the dome, but he'll make half of his starts outside the dome, and that won't end well for him. Mogul doesn't like Jordan Zimmerman.

SP5
1. '03 Cy Young (SMA)
2. '02 Joe McGinnity (CAN)
3. '12 Jered Weaver (ANT)
4. '70 Andy Messersmith (BUR)
5. '12 Stephen Strasburg (FPP)
6. '75 Don Gullett (BSS)

I have no idea why Young is your fifth starter, CaptainYesterday, but I guess he is the best fifth starter in the division. Iron Man Joe McGinnity will strike out no one, because I guess that's just not how a real Iron Man works. Jered Weaver will be okay. Nothing spectacular, but okay. Same thing with Messersmith. I have the feeling that Mogul will not look to kindly on young master Strasburg, probably because of the innings cap, but I guess we'll see. Don Gullett will probably give way to some one else at some point for the Skyhawks.

Bullpen
1. '07 Jonathan Papelbon/'77 Dennis Eckersley/'00 Mike Timlin/'75 Rawly Eastwick/'66 Sam McDowell/'37 Bob Feller (BUR)
2. '06 Mike Adams/'70 Rollie Fingers/'72 Sparky Lyle/'92 Jeff Montgomery/'68 John Hiller/'24 Stan Coveleski (CAN)
3. '89 Dennis Eckersley/'94 John Wetteland/'97 Rick Aguilera/'97 Eddie Guardado/'09 Cliff Lee/'31 Tommy Bridges (ANT)
4. '78 Dennis Eckersley/'88 Larry Andersen/'57 Hoyt Wilhelm/'77 Dave LaRoche/'77 Dyar Miller/'28 Hal Haid/'92 Charlie Hough (BSS)
5. '07 Jason Isringhausen/'07 Russ Springer/'07 Ryan Franklin/'12 Craig Stammen/'12 Sean Burnett (FPP)
6. '84 Jesse Orosco/'07 Dave Borkowski/'84 Dwight Gooden/'03 Tom Hughes/'84 Ed Lynch/'07 Dan Wheeler (SMA)

Wait, you have Dwight Gooden here and Ron Darling in your rotation? But he...THIS PREVIEW IS OVER! I'm going to my angry place! Good night!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Did I do bad? :ohdear:

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The only two positions that are complete disasters are 2B and CF. You have other problems, but you absolutely need to fix those two.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Please don't so I finish above someone in my division this year

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

In a desperate move of back-pedaling, the following changes have been made:

Craig Biggio replaces Chris Burke at Second Base
Sam Crawford replaces Josh Anderson at Center Field

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Mark Bellhorn Regional:

1st Round

Specials beat Sharks
Hunchbacks beat Bearers
Biosparks beat Bombers

2nd Round

Bangers demolish Specials
Villains beat Dervishes
Pheonixes beat Hunchbacks
Blood Sox beat Biosparks
Potatoes beat Philosophers
Crabs beat Postmodernists
Juggernauts beat Bronies

3rd Round

Bangers beat Villains
Pheonixes beat Splinter Cells
Blood Sox beat Potatoes
Juggernauts beat Crabs

4th Round

Bangers beat Pheonixes
Blood Sox beat Juggernauts

Final

Bangers beat Juggernauts

Johnny Hopp Regional:

1st Round

Losers beat Electrics
Calling beat Congratulators
Generics beat Potatoes
Clippers beat Bronies
Arguments beat Beard Leaguers

2nd Round

Landers beat Losers (heh)
Panda Magics beat Mongooses
Emperors beat Calling
Colliders beat Generics
Dervishes beat Bronies
Spooners beat Unspecs
Oranges beat Arguments

3rd Round

Landers beat Pandas
Colliders beat Emperors
Dervishes beat Spooners

4th Round

Landers beat Colliders
Dervishes beat Oranges

Final

Landers beat Dervishes

Don Slaught Regional

1st Round

Bombers beat Occupy Super League
Pirates beat Indians
Penguins beat Batmen
Wanderers beat Potatoes
Leprechauns v2 beat Googles

2nd Round

Bombers beahahahahaahahah no sorry, sorry yeah the Skyhawks murder the Bombers
Senadores beat Unicorns v1
Coburns beat Pirates
Leprechauns beat Penguins
Wanderers beat Vigilantes
Original Riots beat Unspecs
Barons beat Suicidal Tendencies
Murderbots beat Leprechauns v2

3rd Round

Skyhawks beat Senadores
Coburns beat Leprechauns
Wanderers beat Original Riots
Murderbots beat Barons

4th Round

Skyhawks beat Coburns
Murderbots beat Wanderders

Final

Skyhawks beat Murderbots

Eri Yoshida Regional

1st Round

Lovable Losers beat Longshots
Penguins beat Radbourns
Dickshots beat Dragons
Woodchucks beat Aquamen v2
Crabs beat Loonies

2nd Round

Losers beat Lovable Losers
Forgettables v2 beat Forgettables v1
Lava Flows beat Penguins
Gumshoes beat Dickshots
Tornados beat Woodchucks
Mathmeticians beat Wanzers
Imperialists beat Crabs

3rd Round

Losers beat Forgettables
Lava Flows beat Gumshoes
Tornados beat Maths

4th Round

Losers beat Lava Flows
Tornados beat Imperialists

Final

Losers beat Imperialists

Mark Bellhorn Regional:

1st Round

Biffs beat Dutchmen
Hitmen beat Homers
Bombers beat Superbas
Thunderstorms beat Forgettables
Ted Sox beat Gamblers

2nd Round

Bobbleheads beat Biffs
Generics beat Hitmen
Bombers beat Drinkers
Thunderstorms beat Comancheros
Orchids beat Mules
Destroyers beat Tigres
Supersonics beat Ted Sox

3rd Round

Bobbleheads beat Catastrophes
Bombers beat Generics
Thunderstorms beat Orchids

4th Round

Bobbleheads beat Bombers
Supersonics beat Thunderstorms

Final

The Thorton Lee Regional:

1st Round

Smokers beat Surf
Whalers beat Engineers
Muggers beat Pessimists
Suicides beat Runnin' Ramen

2nd Round

Cultists beat Smokers
Whalers beat Switchblades
Killer Mikes beat Manatees
Muggers beat Fillies because the Muggers loving own
Bengals beat Goose Eggs
Cutthroats beat Postmoderinists
Mercuries beat Suicides

3rd Round

Cultists beat Elephants
Killer Mikes beat Whalers
Muggers beat Bengals
Mercuries beat Cutthroats

4th Round

Cultists beat Killer Mikes
Mercuries beat Muggers

Final

Cultists beat Mercuries

QuadFoxx Regional:

1st Round

Aquamen v3 beat Elites
Llamas beat Sharks
Automatons beat Clues
Jerks beat BABiPs

2nd Round

Bangers beat Aquamen
Superstars beat Saints
Blues beat Daydreamers
Googly-Mooglies beat Llamas
Unspecifieds beat Automatons
Postmodernists beat Goose Eggs
Mercuries beat Jerks

3rd Round

Bangers beat Superstars
Unspecs beat Phantoms
Mercuries beat Postmoderinists

4th Round

Bangers beat Googly-Mooglies
Unspecs beat Mercuries

Final

Bangers beat Unspecs

Dr. Mike Remlinger Regional:

Air Raids beat Ravens
Dervishes beat Juggernauts
Marmosets beat Crabs

2nd Round

Easy W's beat Air Raids
Cougars beat Failures
Bloggers beat Bulldogs
Riots beat Dervishes
Sharks beat Marmosets
Rakers beat MDM
Dinger-Machines beat Jobbers
Unicorns beat Fhqwhgads

3rd Round

W's beat Cougars
Bloggers beat Riots
Rakers beat Sharks
Unicorns beat Dinger-Machines

4th Round

W's beat Bloggers
Rakers Unicorns beat Rakers

Final

W's beat Unicorns

Championship Rounds:

Bangers beat W's
Losers beat Bobbleheads

Landers beat Doppel-Bangers
Skyhawks beat Cultists

Bangers beat Losers
Skyhawks beat Landers

Bangers beat Skyhawks

Chaos Reigns.

Monicro fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 27, 2013

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.
Team Name: Montreal Manatees

Team Logo:

Home City: Montreal

Home Stadium: NU-Lympic Stadium, Montreal.

Structure: Convertible
Surface: Natural Grass

Foul Poles: 333’
Power-Alleys: 375’
Centre Field: 400’

Infield Quality: Good
Infield Grass: High
Visibility: Poor
Foul Ground: Tiny

DH Preference: Yes

Strategy

Hit and Run: 0
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: -2
Trying for extra bases: -1
Stealing Bases: -2
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 0
Giving Intentional Walks: -5
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3
Bringing the Infield In: 2
Guarding the Lines: 1
Making Cutoff Throws: 2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: 1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: 0
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: 1
Letting pitchers pitch through trouble: 2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: 1

Rotation: 11
SP – Roger Clemens (86)
SP – Randy Johnson (96)
SP – Pedro Martinez (04)
SP – Kevin Brown (90) [Personal Catcher: Mike Piazza]
SP – Ferguson Jenkins (67)

Bullpen:
CL - John Smoltz (04)
SU - Jason Isringhausen (99)
SR – Mike Jackson (96)
SR – Armando Benitez (99)
MR - John Franco (99)
LR – Nolan Ryan (90)

Lineups: 14
W/ DH – VS.RHP
1. 1B John Olerud (99) L
2. 3B Edgar Martinez (96) R
3. DH Rafael Palmeiro (90) L
4. LF Ralph Kiner (51) R
5. CF Ken Griffey Jr. (96) L
6. SS Alex Rodriguez (96) R
7. RF Larry Walker (97) L
8. C Ivan Rodriguez (01) R
9. 2B Julio Franco (90) R

W/ DH – VS.LHP
1. CF Rickey Henderson (99) R
2. 1B John Olerud (99) L
3. 3B Edgar Martinez (96) R
4. LF Ralph Kiner (51) R
5. RF Larry Walker (97) L
6. DH Vlad Guerrero (11) R
7. SS Alex Rodriguez (96) R
8. C Mike Piazza (06) R
9. 2B Julio Franco (90) R

W/O DH – same VS.RHP & VS.LHP
1. SS Alex Rodriguez (96) R
2. 1B John Olerud (99) L
3. 3B Edgar Martinez (96) R
4. CF Ken Griffey Jr. (96) L
5. LF Ralph Kiner (51) R
6. RF Larry Walker (97) L
7. C Ivan Rodriguez (01) R
8. 2B Julio Franco (90) R
9. P

Bench:
C Mike Piazza (06) R – Starts VS. LHP & (PC for SP#4)
3B Carlos Guillen (06) S
OF Willie Stargell (64) L
DH Vlad Guerrero (11) R – Starts VS. LHP (DH)
OF Rickey Henderson (99) R – Starts VS. LHP (in CF)

Minors:
IF Edgardo Alfonzo (99) R
OF Adam Jones (11) R
C Matt Wieters (11) S
SP Al Leiter (99)
RP Koji Uehara (11)

Feeders:
OF Harold Baines (90) L
IF Robin Ventura (99) L
RP Octavio Dotel (99)
RP Mike Gonzalez (11)
SP Jamie Moyer the Younger (90)
SP Jamie Moyer the Elder (96)
SP/RP Kenny Rogers (90)

A few changes from last year, here or there-- plus a few strategic tweaks. I'll do my bracket picks as soon as I can get them finished.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

CaptainYesterday posted:

In a desperate move of back-pedaling, the following changes have been made:

Craig Biggio replaces Chris Burke at Second Base
Sam Crawford replaces Josh Anderson at Center Field

Unless you hate your life for some reason, your rotation should probably be restructured to be like:

1. Cy Young
2. Dwight Gooden
3. Eddie Plank
4. Oswalt
5. Bill Dineen

Bullpen: '84 Jesse Orosco/'07 Dave Borkowski/ '07 Dan Wheeler / '84 Ed Lynch/ Ron Darling / '03 Tom Hughes(SMA)

And replace Ron Darling with a real relief pitcher ASAP.

Why this rotation? Cy Young is arguable the best pitcher of all time, so making him the ace makes sense. The game doesn't quite 'get' Gooden, but he's erratically excellent. Plank, Oswalt and Dineen are super filler. The bullpen restructure is to make sure you have real relief pitchers in relief short relief roles - Tom Hughes is not a good relief pitcher but is fine for long relief where he's mostly going to be making starts when a real pitcher scratches his start.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lineup, because I'm lazy:

Teams: 1949 Red Sox, 1969 Red Sox, 1988 Red Sox
Players from other teams:
Kiki Cuyler was from Marauder, whatever year that was...
Draft Picks:
1927 Mickey Cochrane
1927 Lefty Grove
2000 Robb Nen
2006 Justin Verlander
1918 Bullet Joe Bush
2002 Francisco Rodriguez

Basically that but Yaz is back in his rightful position at 1B.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 27, 2013

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

MARK BELLHORN REGIONAL

Sharks over Specials
Splinter Cells over Generals
Bearers over Hunchbacks
Biosparks over Bombers
Squirrels over Bronies

Finger-Bangers over Sharks
Villains over Dervishes(v1)
Aquamen(v1) over Splinter Cells
Phoenixes over Bearers
Blood Sox over Biosparks
Potatoes(v1) over Philosophers
Crabs(v1) over PostModernists
Juggernauts(v1) over Bronies

Finger-Bangers over Villains
Phoenixes over Aquamen
Blood Sox over Potatoes(v1)
Juggernauts(v1) over Crabs(v1)

Finger-Bangers over Phoenixes
Blood Sox over Juggernauts(v1)

Blood Sox over Finger-Bangers

JOHNNY HOPP REGIONAL

Electrics over Losers(v1)
Calling over Congratulators
Generics(v2) over Potatoes(v2)
Clippers over Bronies(v2)
Arguments over Beard League

Landers over Electrics
Pandas over Mongooses
Emperors over Calling
Colliders over Generics(v2)
Dervishes over Clippers
Spooners over Unspecs
Greater Moogs over Blind Men
Oranges over Arguments

Landers over Pandas
Emperors over Colliders
Spooners over Dervishes
Oranges over Greater Moogs

Landers over Emperors
Oranges over Spooners

Oranges over Landers

DR. MIKE REMLINGER REGIONAL

Ravens over Air Raids
Juggernauts(v2) over Dervishes(v2)
Crabs(v2) over Marmosets
2 Fish 1 Bubble because gently caress typing Fhqwhgads more than once

Eazy Ws over Ravens
Cougars over Failures
Bloggers over Bulldogs
Riots over Juggernauts(v2)
Sharks(v3) over Crabs(v2)
MDM over Rakers
Dinger-Machines over Jobbers
Unicorns(v2) over 2 Fish 1 Bubble

Eazy Ws over Cougars
Bloggers over Riots
Sharks(v3) over MDM
Unicorns(v2) over Dinger-Machines

Eazy Ws over Bloggers
Sharks(v3) over Unicorns(v2)

Eazy Ws over Sharks(v3)

QUAD-FOXX REGIONAL ok now i'm just exhausted and picking the winners

Elites
Mudholes
Llamas
Clues
Jerks

Doppel-Bangers
Saints
Blues
Googly-Mooglies
Ant. Unspecs
Phantoms
Post-Mondernists
Mercuries(v1)

Doppel-Bangers
Blues
Phantoms
Mercuries(v1)

Doppel-Bangers
Mercuries(v1)

Doppel-Bangers

ERI YOSHIDA REGIONAL

Longshots
Radbourns
Dickshots
Aquamen(v2)
Loonies

Losers(v2)
Forgettables(v2)
Lava Flows
Gumshoes
Tornados
Wanzers
Hurricanes
Imperialists

Losers(v2)
Lava Flows
Tornados
Imperialists

Losers(v2)
Imperialists

Losers(v2)

DETECTIVE DON SLAUGHT REGIONAL

Bombers(v1)
Pirates
Batmen
Potatoes(v3)
Leprechauns(v2)

Skyhawks
Unicorns(v1)
Coburns
Leprechauns(v1)
Vigilantes
Original Riots
Barons
Murderbots

Skyhawks
Leprechauns(v1)
Original Riots
Murderbots

Skyhawks
Murderbots

Skyhawks

MARK GRACE REGIONAL

Biffs
Homers
OKC Bombers
Thunderstorms
Gamblers

Bobbleheads
Masochists
Generics(v1)
Drinkers
Comancheros
Orchids
Tigres
SuperSonics

Bobbleheads
Generics(v1)
Comancheros
SuperSonics

Generics(v1)
SuperSonics

SuperSonics

THE THORNTON LEE REGIONAL

Smokers
Whalers
Commies
Pessimists
Runnin' Ramen

Cultists
Elephants
Switchblades
Manatees
Fillies
Bengals
Cutthroats
Mercuries(v2)

Cultists
Manatees
Bengals
Mercuries(v2)

Cultists
Mercuries(v2)

Cultists

FINALS

Eazy Ws over Blood Sox
SuperSonics over Losers(v2)
Doppel-Bangers over Oranges
Skyhawks over Cultists

SuperSonics over Eazy Ws
Skyhawks over Doppel-Bangers

Skyhawks over SuperSonics

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

I've finally decided what stadium I want to play in! Put them in Skydome!

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.
Good luck to whoever has to eventually parse all of this poo poo from everybody. I hope this is readable... I did my best. It took long enough, that's for sure.

Is this going to be handled by means of single-game elimination until the finals round or something? I was just curious-- I guess if it's simmed, a seven game series wouldn't take much longer, but it would really add to potential upsets if all of these match-ups are one game series.

Anyway... Here:

WEST BRACKETS
Mark Bellhorn Regional
ROUND 1
Sharks DEF Specials
Splinter Cells DEF Generals
Hunchbacks DEF Bearers
Biosparks DEF Bombers
Flying Squirrels DEF Bronies

ROUND 2
Finger-Bangers DEF Sharks
Dervishes DEF Villains
Splinter Cells DEF Aquamen
Phoenixes DEF Hunchbacks
Blood Sox DEF Biosparks
Philosophers DEF Potatoes
Crabs DEF Paris PoMos
Juggernauts DEF Flying Squirrels

ROUND 3
Finger-Bangers DEF Dervishes
Phoenixes DEF Splinter Cells
Blood Sox DEF Philosophers
Juggernauts DEF Crabs

SEMIS
Finger-Bangers DEF Phoenixes
Juggernauts DEF Blood Sox

FINAL
Finger-Bangers DEF Juggernauts

Mark Bellhorn Regional Champion: Fukuoka Finger-Bangers!

ROUND 1
Air Raids DEF Ravens
Juggernauts DEF Dervishes
Crabs DEF Marmosets
Fhqwhgads DEF 2 Fish 1 Bubble

ROUND 2
Eazy-Ws DEF Air Raids
Cougars DEF Failures
Bloggers DEF Bulldogs
Juggernauts DEF Riots
Sharks DEF Crabs
Rakers DEF MDM
Dinger Machines DEF Jobbers
Unicorns DEF Fhqwhgads

ROUND 3
Eazy-Ws DEF Cougars
Bloggers DEF Juggernauts
Rakers DEF Sharks
Unicorns DEF Dinger Machines

SEMIS
Eazy-Ws DEF Bloggers
Rakers DEF Unicorns

FINALS
Eazy-Ws DEF Rakers

Dr. Mike Remlinger Regional Champion: Eazy-Ws!

Eri Yoshida Regional
ROUND 1
Longshots DEF Loveable Losers
Foul Pole Penguins DEF Radbourns
Dickshots DEF Dragons
Aquamen DEF Woodchucks
Loonies DEF Crabs

ROUND 2
Losers DEF Longshots
Forgettables (v2) DEF Forgettables (v1)
Lava Flows DEF Foul Pole Penguins
Gumshoes DEF Dickshots
Tornadoes DEF Aquamen
Mathematicians DEF Wanzers
Hurricanes DEF Communists
Imperialists DEF Loonies

ROUND 3
Losers DEF Forgettables
Gumshoes DEF Lava Flows
Tornadoes DEF Mathematicians
Imperialists DEF Hurricanes

SEMIS
Losers DEF Gumshoes
Imperialists DEF Tornadoes

FINALS
Losers DEF Imperialists

Eri Yoshida Regional Champion: Rockford Losers!

Mark Grace Regional
ROUND 1
Dutchmen DEF Biffs
Hitmen DEF Homers
OKC Bombers DEF Superbas
Thunderstorms DEF Forgettables
Ted Sox DEF Gamblers

ROUND 2
Bobbleheads DEF Dutchmen
Catastrophes DEF Masochists
Generics DEF Hitmen
Drinkers DEF OKC Bombers
Thunderstorms DEF Comancheros
Mules DEF Orchids
Destroyers DEF Tigres
Supersonics DEF Ted Sox

ROUND 3
Bobbleheads DEF Catastrophes
Generics DEF Drinkers
Mules DEF Thunderstorms
Supersonics DEF Destroyers

SEMIS
Bobbleheads DEF Generics
Supersonics DEF Destroyers

FINALS
Bobbleheads DEF Supersonics

Mark Grace Regional Champion: Chicago Bobbleheads!

EAST BRACKETS
Johnny Hopp Regional
ROUND 1
Losers DEF Electrics
London Calling DEF Congratulators
Generics DEF Potatoes
Clippers DEF Bronies
Beard Leaguers DEF Arguments

ROUND 2
Luna Landers DEF Losers
Sad Pandas DEF Mongooses
Emperors DEF London Calling
Colliders DEF Generics
Dubai Dervishes DEF Clippers
Spooners DEF Unspecifieds
Greater Moogs DEF Blind Men
Oranges DEF Beard Leaguers

ROUND 3
Luna Landers DEF Sad Pandas
Colliders DEF Emperors
Spooners DEF Dubai Dervishes
Oranges DEF Greater Moogs

SEMIS
Luna Landers DEF Colliders
Oranges DEF Spooners

FINALS
Luna Landers DEF Oranges

Johnny Hopp Regional Champion: Luna Landers!

Quad-Fox Regional
ROUND 1
Aquamen DEF Elites
Mudholes DEF Daydreamers
Sharks DEF Llamas
Automatons DEF Clues
BABiPs DEF Jerks

ROUND 2
Doppel-Bangers DEF Aquamen
Saints DEF Superstars
Blues DEF Mudholes
Googly-Mooglies DEF Sharks
Antarctica Unspecifieds DEF Automatons
Phantoms DEF Freewheelers
Pata PoMos DEF V.C. Goose Eggs
Mercuries DEF BABiPs

ROUND 3
Saints DEF Doppel-Bangers
Googly-Mooglies DEF Blues
Antarctica Unspecifieds DEF Phantoms
Mercuries DEF Pata PoMos

SEMIS
Saints DEF Googly-Mooglies
Antarctica Unspecifieds DEF Mercuries

FINALS
Antarctica Unspecifieds DEF Saints

Quad-Fox Regional Champion: Antarctica Unspecifieds!

Dec. Don Slaught Regional
ROUND 1
Bombers DEF Occupy SL
Indians DEF Pirates
Batmen DEF A. Penguins
Potatoes DEF Wanderers
Leprechauns DEF Googles

ROUND 2
Skyhawks DEF Bombers
Unicorns DEF Senadores
Coburns DEF Indians
Batmen DEF Leprechauns
Potatoes DEF Vigilantes
Original Riots DEF Atl. Unspecifieds
Barons DEF Mid Suicides
Murderbots DEF Leprechauns

ROUND 3
Skyhawks DEF Unicorns
Coburns DEF Batmen
Potatoes DEF Original Riots
Murderbots DEF Barons

SEMIS
Skyhawks DEF Coburns
Murderbots DEF Potatoes

FINALS
Skyhawks DEF Murderbots

Dec. Don Slaught Regional Champion: Boston Skyhawks!

ROUND 1
Smokers DEF Surf
Engineers DEF Whalers
Killer Mikes DEF Commies
Pessimists DEF Muggers
Suicides DEF Runnin’ Ramens

ROUND 2
Cultists DEF Smokers
Elephants DEF Power Rangers
Engineers DEF Switchblades
Manatees DEF Killer Mikes
Fillies DEF Pessimists
Goose Eggs DEF Bengals
Cutthroats DEF Poly PoMos
Mercuries DEF Suicides

ROUND 3
Cultists DEF Elephants
Manatees DEF Engineers
Fillies DEF Goose Eggs
Mercuries DEF Cutthroats

SEMIS
Cultists DEF Manatees
Mercuries DEF Fillies

FINALS
Cultists DEF Mercuries

THE Thornton Lee Regional Champion: Ryleh Cultists!

CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKETS
WEST
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers DEF Eazy-Ws
Chicago Bobbleheads DEF Rockford Losers
EAST
Luna Landers DEF Antarctica Unspecifieds
Boston Skyhawks DEF Ryleh Cultists

SEMIS
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers DEF Chicago Bobbleheads
Luna Landers DEF Boston Skyhawks

FINALS
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers DEF Luna Landers

Super-Cup Champion: Fukuoka Finger-Bangers!

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Almost forgot to post my sliders.

-Using the Hit and Run +2
-Using Sacrifice Bunts +1
-Using Squeeze Plays -1
-Going for extra bases +2
-Trying to steal bases +1
-Aggressively tagging up on fly outs +1
-Pitching out to batters to try and prevent stolen bases 0
-Issuing intentional walks 0
-Pitching around good hitters -1
-Bringing the infield in to guard against bunts 0
-Guarding the lines 0
-Making cutoff throws -2
-Bringing in pinch hitters 0
-Bringing in pinch runners 0
-Bringing in defensive replacements 0
-Starting pitchers on short rest -3
-Letting your pitchers try and pitch through trouble +1
-Letting your pitchers rack up high pitch counts +2

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

After further soul-searching (and Wikipedia), the new pitching rotation for the Engies:

Cy Young
Roy Oswalt
Eddie Plank
Bill Dinneen
Dwight Gooden

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Picking this was harder than it looked.

Edit: Since Cthulhu was still deciding his pick, I've decided to go to bed and sleep on my own pick so don't expect it within a few hours if he settles on something right afterwards.

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 27, 2013

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Bracket Pick'em

Mark Bellhorn Regional

Round 1

Specials
Generals
Bearers
Biosparks
Flying Squirrels

Round 2

Finger Bangers
Dervishes v1
Aquaman v1
Phoenixes
Blood Sox
Philosophers
Postmodernists
Juggernauts v1

Round 3

Finger Bangers
Phoenixes
Blood Sox
Juggernauts

Round 4

Finger Bangers
Blood Sox

Round 5

Finger Bangers

Johnny Hopp Regional

Round 1

Losers v1
Congratularors
Generics
Clippers
Beard League

Round 2

Landers
Pandas
Emperors
Colliders
D.Dervishes
Cal. Unspecs
Greater Moogs
Oranges

Round 3

Landers
Emperors
D.Dervishes
Oranges

Round 4

Landers
Oranges

Round 5

Landers

Round 1

Ravens
Juggernauts v2
Crabs
2 Fish 1 Bubble

Round 2

Easy W's
Cougars
Bloggers
Riots
Sharks v3
Rakers
Jobbers
Unicorns

Round 3

Easy W's
Riots
Rakers
Unicorns

Round 4

Easy W's
Unicorns

Round 5

Easy W's

Quadd-Foxx Regional

Round 1

Elites
Mudholes
Llamas
Automatons
Jerks

Round 2

Doppel Bangers
Saints
Blues
Googly-Mooglies
Ant. Unspecs
Freewheelers
V.C.Goose Eggs
Mercuries v1

Round 3

Doppel Bangers
Googly-Mooglies
Ant.Unspecs
Mercuries v1

Round 4

Doppel Bangers
Mercuries

Round 5

Doppel Bangers

Eri Yoshidas Regional

Round 1

Longshots
Penguins
Dragons
Aquaman v2
Crabs v3

Round 2

Losers v2
Forgettables v2
Lava Flows
Gunshoes
Tornados
Mathematicans
Hurricanes
Imperialists

Round 3

Losers v2
Gumshoes
Tornados
Imperialists

Round 4

Losers v2
Imperialists

Round 5

Losers v2

Round 1

#OccupySL
Pirates
Batman
Potatoes v3
Leprechauns v2

Round 2

Skyhawks
Unicorns v1
Coburns
Leprechauns v1
Vigilanties
Atl. Unspecs
Barons
Murderbots

Round 3

Skyhawks
Coburns
Vigilanties
Murderbots

Round 4

Skyhawks
Murderbots

Round 5

Skyhawks

Mark Grace Regional

Round 1

Biffs
Homers
Superbas
Thunderstorms
Ted Sox

Round 2

Bobbleheads
Masochists
Generics
Drinkers
Thunderstorms
Orchids
Tigres
Sonics

Round 3

Bobbleheads
Drinkers
Thunderstorms
Sonics

Round 4

Bobbleheads
Sonics

Round 5

Bobbleheads

Round 1

Smokers
Engineers
Killer Mikes
Pessimists
Sea. Suicides

Round 2

Cultists
Elephants
Switchblades
Manatees
Fillies
Goose Eggs
Cutthroats
Mercuries

Round 3

Cultists
Manatees
Fillies
Mercuries

Round 4

Cultists
Fillies

Round 5

Cultists

Playoffs

Round 1

Finger Bangers
Bobbleheads
Doppel Bangers
Skyhawks

Round 2

Finger Bangers
Skyhawks

Final

Finger Bangers

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I replaced Adam Dunn's walkup music with Hollaback Girl. Have fun with that on gameday.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

The Cultists Draft 1973 Thurman Munson because all the other options suck balls.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Mark Bellhorn Region

First Round:
Hunchbacks beat Bearers
Bronies beat Flyin' Squirrels

Second Round:
Finger-Bangers beat Sharks (v1)
Villains beat Dervishes (v1)
Splinter Cells beat Aquamen (v1)
Hunchbacks beat Phoenixes
Blood Sox beat Biosparks
Crabs (v1) beat Paris PoMos

Third Round:
Finger-Bangers defeat Villains
Splinter Cells defeat Hunchbacks
Blood Sox defeat Philosophers
Juggernauts (v1) defeat Crabs (v1)

Semifinals:
Finger-Bangers defeat Splinter Cells
Juggernauts (v1) defeat Blood Sox

Finals:
Finger-Bangers defeat Juggernauts (v1)

Dr. Mike Remlinger Region

First Round:
Ravens beat Air Raids
Juggernauts (v2) defeat Dervishes (v2)
Marmosets defeat Crabs (v2)
2 Fish 1 Bubble defeat Fhqwhgads

Second Round:
Eazy W's defeat Ravens
Failures defeat Cougars
Bloggers defeat Bulldogs
Riots defeat Juggernauts (v2)
Sharks (v3) defeat Marmosets
Rakers defeat MDM
Jobbers defeat Dinger-Machines
Unicorns (v2) defeat 2 Fish 1 Bubble

Third Round:
Eazy W's defeat Failures
Bloggers defeat Riots
Rakers defeat Sharks (v3)
Unicorns (v2) defeat Jobbers

Semifinals:
Eazy W's defeat Bloggers
Unicorns (v2) defeat Rakers

Finals:
Unicorns (v2) defeat Eazy W's

Eri Yoshida Region

First Round:
L. Losers defeat Longshots
Radbourns defeat F.P. Penguins
Dragons defeat Dickshots
Aquaman (v2) defeat Woodchucks
Loonies defeat Crabs (v3)

Second Round:
R. Losers (v2) defeat L. Losers
Forgettables (v1) defeat Forgettables (v2)
Lava Flows defeat Radbourns
Gumshoes defeat Dragons
Tornados defeat Aquamen (v2)
Mathematicians defeat Wanzers
Hurricanes defeat Communists
Imperialists defeat Loonies

Third Round:
R. Losers (v2) defeat Forgettables (v1)
Gumshoes defeat Lava Flows
Tornados defeat Mathematicians
Imperialists defeat Hurricanes

Semifinals: