Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Spiderdrake posted:

Did they ever actually say Intergang was a front for the light or were we just supposed to assume that at the end?

Intergang are a front for Darkseid. They didn't get into it because they didn't even get into introducing him until the finale, for next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Codependent Poster posted:

The plan was to get War World, yes. And Darkseid was the benefactor. So yes, apparently the Light's plan was to get Earth noticed and get the Justice League off planet for trial, get a deal with the Reach so the Green Lantern Corps couldn't interfere, draw Mogul and War World to Earth, then take control of War World and break the deal with the Reach.
When you say it like that it actually sounds coherent.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Sooo, anyone seen avengers assemble?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Blackest Goon posted:

Sooo, anyone seen avengers assemble?

Go back to page 46 of this thread and get everybody's reactions.

VVV: Oh yeah, poo poo, forgot part 2 came out today.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 26, 2013

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I wanted a reaction to the first episode in it's entirety and the second, actually.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Where is part 2 located? Itunes? I can't find it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Loeb should ask his son what makes a good cartoon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Can we extend this for constantly recommending The Crossing?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So I just catched an episode of Ultimate Spiderman and Harry Osborn is Venom? What the gently caress? :psyduck:

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So I just catched an episode of Ultimate Spiderman and Harry Osborn is Venom? What the gently caress? :psyduck:

That's the direction they wanted to go. It's their thing, they can ruin it however they want.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Harry as Venom could be an interesting direction I don't think the show will do anything good with it but it's not an immediate "Oh hell no!" direction.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SirDan3k posted:

Harry as Venom could be an interesting direction I don't think the show will do anything good with it but it's not an immediate "Oh hell no!" direction.

Oh, I agree. Is just that is a really weird direction for the character.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's a little obvious and "on the nose" to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mind the walrus posted:

It's a little obvious and "on the nose" to me.

It just screams of the usual lazy adaptation thing of meshing 2 characters into one.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's totally what Raimi should've done in Spider-Man 3. Probably wouldn't have solved all that movie's problems, but it definitely would've been more interesting than what we got.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Watched Avengers Assemble. Wasn't that bad, just have to look at it with the mindset of a 90's (non-Xmen/Spiderman) Marvel show (ironic considering MODOK has once again been reduced to the lackey villian very much like he was in the 90's Iron Man show)

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

I thought it wasn't too bad, the stories involving him usually have Harry trying to get his dad's attention, iirc. It only really works when Norman goes Goblin at the end of season 1.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Been rewatching Justice League since it's all on Netflix now. Just watched the episode where they turn to kids. I had forgotten how much I liked that episode. "I'm gonna make a lawnmower and chew him up!" They should have kept kid Green Lantern instead of old lasers and bubbles Green Lantern.

edit: I was looking at the Flashpoint cast today and noticed that Sam Daly is voicing Superman. He's the son of Tim Daly, who has been the main voice actor of Superman since his 90's animated series. Thought it was neat.

Professor Wayne fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 28, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the funniest thing about Teen Titans Go! is how their policy toward the DCU as a whole is a 180 from the original Teen Titans, where they weren't allowed to mention anything at all. Instead they just kind of cram references all over the place, like tonight's episode had Deadman's skeleton under Starfire's bed and a Ra's Al Ghul sarcophagus underground. Also Starfire has a movie Bane teddy bear.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Probably the funniest thing about Teen Titans Go! is how their policy toward the DCU as a whole is a 180 from the original Teen Titans, where they weren't allowed to mention anything at all. Instead they just kind of cram references all over the place, like tonight's episode had Deadman's skeleton under Starfire's bed and a Ra's Al Ghul sarcophagus underground. Also Starfire has a movie Bane teddy bear.

Well, they have to compete with Ultimate Spider-man for the title of "superhero Family Guy".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Well, they have to compete with Ultimate Spider-man for the title of "superhero Family Guy".

Somewhere there are creative teams brainstorming ideas that'd give most of us a stroke.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Having watched the two part opener for Avengers Assemble, I came across with this:

If I went into this show knowing nothing about the Avengers or comics, I would've come away thinking that Red Skull is typically an Iron Man villain rather than a Cap villain.

Cap is a complete loving door mat. I just feel like there should've been more conflict between Cap and Tony, not this "Well Tony, are you really ready to lead this team?"

Falcon being some sort of science whiz doesn't really line up with the character that I'm familiar with in the comics. I guess viewers are just supposed to assume he's smart or something.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

That is an ice cold burn. Nothing deserves to be compared with USM.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
So I've been watching Teen Titans GO! and if nothing else they've got great comic timing on that show.

Shoot, they're flat-out funny. They dressed Trigon up as Mister Rogers for a whole episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Falcon being some sort of science whiz doesn't really line up with the character that I'm familiar with in the comics. I guess viewers are just supposed to assume he's smart or something.

I haven't seen it, but maybe it's based on Ultimate Falcon. He's a scientist and agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. in that continuity.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The reason they introduced Falcon into the show is because Jeph Loeb is running it, and Falcon's real name is Sam.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I haven't seen it, but maybe it's based on Ultimate Falcon. He's a scientist and agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. in that continuity.

It is. He's a rookie SHIELD agent who's been working with Tony in secret or something? It was unclear, but the Falcon suit is Stark tech.

The second episode was better, but it's still a messy show. I liked that they teased Doom, Attuma and loving Dracula of all people, so I don't know. I'll continue to watch it, I didn't think most of EMH season 1 was any good, either.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

quote:

Would you rather him be an ex-pimp who the Red Skull turned into a spy in order to betray Captain America?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I got around to watching Superman: Unbound yesterday and it was kind of crummy. Just kind of a lame story that wasn't great in the comics and didn't really need to be told. It was gruesome as hell though. Like, the very first thing you see is some guy getting his eyeball ripped out and I was like "did I rent a Saw cartoon by mistake?"

I did laugh at Lois flipping off Brainiac from inside tiny shrunk Metropolis.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Would you rather him be an ex-pimp who the Red Skull turned into a spy in order to betray Captain America?

gently caress yes. :getin: Marvel

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
some part of me wants secretly for that plot to get into the MCU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

notthegoatseguy posted:

gently caress yes. :getin: Marvel

Well that is his comic origin, and one of the stupidest recons ever.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I understand that. But terribly bad would be better than the mundane, boring show we have now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

bobkatt013 posted:

I would much rather the show be bad in how ridiculously stupid it is than the show be bad because of terrible characters and poor pacing.

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
Just watched the new Avengers Assemble cartoon and I feel like I've got ADHD.

No setting of the scene, no build up, no characterisation. Just..

1) On way to location *action* *action* *action*
2) At location *action* *action* *action*
3) On way to next *action* *action* location with some more *action* *action* *action*
4) At new location *action* *action* *action*

What a plasticy, cynical mess.

The story doesn't even have enough time to breathe.

I'm out.

spikenigma fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 29, 2013

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Teen Titans Go basically rules you guys.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
All I have to say is that if Doom does work with the Red Skull in AA then it's the dumbest thing and I will never watch it. Doom along with being half Romani has enough standards to never work with the dude in the marvel universe that almost everyone hates. He would also never put himself as subordinate or equal to them.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I'm actually enjoying Teen Titans Go! a lot more than I thought I would and I think it's because of the show's sheer dedication to being weird. It never really plays anything straight and it feels like the writers spend a lot of time trying to take the direction you expect the plot to go in and run it all the way out into left field with no regard for where the bases even are.

There are times when I think it goes too far and some of the things they do just rub me the wrong way (the ending of Ghostboy is a good example) but for the most part it's surprisingly clever and doesn't actually rely as much on "lolrandom" humor as I expected it to at first glance.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 31, 2013

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

It's so completely schizophrenic in tone. The Silkie in Mexico episode I just saw was probably the weirdest yet. They literally had Batman sitting there in the foreground for absolutely no reason. Like someone said, it's a complete 180 from the original show where they had so many restrictions on how dark or reference-y they could be, so now that they have pretty much free reign they just go completely insane. It's kind of great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I think a part of what makes it work is that they took a chance and broke out of the mold a little bit, character wise. Robin and Raven especially. It would have been easy to have both of them slip into Marge/Lisa mode where their only function is to be a giant wet blanket for whatever funny thing BB/Cyborg/Starfire might be doing.

• Locked thread