Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Hm, nice pic in the news feed here... Wonder how far back in the comments I'll need to go to find something for the "Idiots on Facebook" thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Hm, nice pic in the news feed here... Wonder how far back in the comments I'll need to go to find something for the "Idiots on Facebook" thread.

The fifth amendment, which guarantees freedom of speech :eng99:

I don't even live in the us and I can remember the first five amendments of the Bill of Rights just through cultural osmosis. How does someone who enjoys these protections, presumably had to study them in school and consider themselves politically savvy enough to comment on that kind of...

God drat the world is a terrible place.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Silly Hippie posted:

What in the gently caress do people think chemicals are?

Also, for shits and giggles I checked on my all-natural toothpaste made of like licorice and fairy wings and poo poo. It has a black rectangle. I have been lied to. :byodood:

"Chemical" is usually shorthand for "scary artificial thing synthesized by a mad scientist." A lot of people don't seem to realize that chemicals occur in nature as well and even if it was created artificially, it's not going to instantly kill you.

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

Blind Pineapple posted:

Hahaha the fifth amendment got me so good

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
I'm genuinely surprised none of them made some sort of mammy cooking for the household reference...

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

Experto Crede posted:

I'm genuinely surprised none of them made some sort of mammy cooking for the household reference...

I'm sure it's somewhere in the other 114,000 comments.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

utada posted:

I'm sure it's somewhere in the other 114,000 comments.

Good point :smith:

Am I the only one who thinks that, regardless of your political opinions, chilling with the president over a beer and some grilled steak would be pretty bitching?

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Experto Crede posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that, regardless of your political opinions, chilling with the president over a beer and some grilled steak would be pretty bitching?

Only if the President is whitenot Obama. I'm not racist or anything, just saying. :freep:

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

I don't really know this guy or how he ended up on my friends list or how I managed to get 65 mutual friends with him. The ironic thing here is that the guy made a pretty nakedly racist post in response to the recent killing of a soldier in Britain but some of the responses are very patient giving him a lot of rope and giving him chances to clarify his statement. His desperate attempts to save face are ridiculous. I guess no amounts of repitition of the word "typical" can cover up the fact that he's outed himself as having some horrible prejudcies.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
You should inform black that America is now coming to liberate Britain because the oppression and mutilation of the English language being undertaken by them is out of control.

Also that and while 90% plus of opium production comes from Afghanistan, 90% of demand comes from Britain and other first world friends :smug:

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

"I've got a black mate who's a paki, I'm no racist"

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Blind Pineapple posted:

I love the last guy. "I can't confine my hatred for blacks Obummer to a mere three words! Here's twelve only ten if you count 'r' and 'u' as letters instead of words!"

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

The fifth amendment, which guarantees freedom of speech :eng99:

I don't even live in the us and I can remember the first five amendments of the Bill of Rights just through cultural osmosis. How does someone who enjoys these protections, presumably had to study them in school and consider themselves politically savvy enough to comment on that kind of...

God drat the world is a terrible place.

We don't. IIRC the only thing I was made to learn about the Constitution/Bill of Rights was the preamble and that one was derived from the other. 'Murica. :black101::911::black101:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I'm genuinely disappointed Obama didn't have a Hail to the Chef apron for that photo-op.

Wizard of Smart posted:

We don't. IIRC the only thing I was made to learn about the Constitution/Bill of Rights was the preamble and that one was derived from the other. 'Murica. :black101::911::black101:

Well I had to learn them all in seventh grade so you just had a poo poo school.

Edit:

Wizard of Smart posted:

Conversely we actually learned about Wounded Knee and the atrocities committed against the Native American people. :shrug:

Which I didn't. So, uh, yeah. :goleft:

ThatPazuzu has a new favorite as of 19:29 on May 26, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ThatPazuzu posted:

I'm genuinely disappointed Obama didn't have a Hail to the Chef apron for that photo-op.

I was thinking "Hail to the Beef".

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

ThatPazuzu posted:

Well I had to learn them all in seventh grade so you just had a poo poo school.

Conversely we actually learned about Wounded Knee and the atrocities committed against the Native American people. :shrug:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Wizard of Smart posted:

There's your problem, you went to one of those anti-white LIEberal school that hates ARE COUNTRY.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Maybe I just got lucky or something but I went to school in Texas and I still learned about all the lovely things Americans did.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

ThatPazuzu posted:

I think you mean "Hail to the Chef". :colbert:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Zemyla posted:

I think you mean "Hail to the Chef". :colbert:

I think so too since that what he posted :confutoot:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I really, really love the comments on Russia Today. This is from a story about a French march of homophobes.

It's like a collection of the prejudices of the world.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Experto Crede posted:

Indeed. I may not have agreed with W on everything politically, but I think he'd be a cool guy to have over at my barbecue. Even Hunter Thompson and Nixon spoke amicably about football once for like ten minutes. Not everything has to be a political battleground.

Though I guess if it wasn't we wouldn't have this thread.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I really, really love the comments on Russia Today. This is from a story about a French march of homophobes.

Do they even know what the protests are about? It's not about marriage, from what I'm hearing most everyone is pretty ok with gay marriage. Their point of question is adoptions, which is kind of valid*, in terms of role models etc, and a good number of people agree that Hollande rushed things by putting both marriage AND adoption on the table at once.
Then again, Idiots on Facebook.

*Or, at the very least, more valid than "DEM HOMOSEXUALS RUINING MARRIAGE! :argh:"

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Do they even know what the protests are about? It's not about marriage, from what I'm hearing most everyone is pretty ok with gay marriage. Their point of question is adoptions, which is kind of valid*, in terms of role models etc, and a good number of people agree that Hollande rushed things by putting both marriage AND adoption on the table at once.

*Or, at the very least, more valid than "DEM HOMOSEXUALS RUINING MARRIAGE! :argh:"
You didn't expect them to read the article before gracing the comments with their opinion did you? Why, what nonsense that is! The whole world needs to know, right now, how the Zionists run France and that feminists lust for gay dick on a story about protests against gay adoption!

(Also gay adoption has never been proven to be harmful in the least. :ssh:)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

You didn't expect them to read the article before gracing the comments with their opinion did you? Why, what nonsense that is! The whole world needs to know, right now, how the Zionists run France and that feminists lust for gay dick on a story about protests against gay adoption!

(Also gay adoption has never been proven to be harmful in the least. :ssh:)

Zionists? I thought it was dem dun child molesting priests who watch religious animes (yeah it says animus, I find the image of a cleric also being a stereotypical anime nerd hilarious).

(Not arguing, just saying that it's a much more touchy subject and I can see the viewpoint, if that makes sense as a statement?)

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Serperoth posted:

The way the French do adoption means that a gay couple will almost never be chosen to adopt. Very few adoptions go through in France (barring private foreign adoptions) and children are placed in homes that give them objectively the most advantages. So, for example, being a same sex couple would already put a mark against you, and you'd lose out to a straight couple in the same income bracket. Fitness as parents barely works into the equation the way social stratus does.

What's actually going to change is the IVF laws, which currently make it illegal to have IVF if you're not a straight married couple that has been trying for (I believe) 2 or more years to have a baby. So lesbian couples will have access to the IVF coverage that they pay for through national healthcare. Right now, you'd have to go to Belgium or Spain to access that, and it would be costly and private.

It is about marriage, unfortunately. They have civil unions, which have proven quite popular among straight people, too, since it means a less complicated separation if the relationship ends. Civil unions don't provide the same protection as marriage does.

The people that are against marriage in France range from boring Catholics who have nothing better to do to literal fascist nationalists and there have been more than a few homophobic encounters (including a gay bar getting attacked in my town) in the past few months. Not everyone in France is ok with gay marriage and all these people are talking out of their assholes.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Eponine posted:

Accurate stuff.

I stand corrected then. Didn't know the issue was so wide-spread/serious. Thanks for the information.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Saw this one posted by another friend, I remember seeing something similar earlier on in the thread. Latest comment is the best.

:reject: need a gf plz any1 b my gf
:v: Just seek God! God is the best girlfriend!

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serperoth posted:

Please explain exactly what valid points can be made against homosexual adoption.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Stuntman posted:

Please explain exactly what valid points can be made against homosexual adoption.

Or Not derail the thread since he's already posted a retraction.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Stuntman posted:

They are such excellent parents they make the hetero parents look bad, leading to a new model minority stereotype. :v:

uptown
May 16, 2009
Their kids grow up gay and then they adopt more kids and eventually there won't be anymore babies made because EVERYONE WILL BE GAY :byodame:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

This. Right here. Unfortunately I know this dude in real life. I actually got stuck having to listen to him talk about this stuff for a while a few days ago. He literally believes in every conspiracy and told me about HAARP and chemtrails , and tried to explain to me how anarchy is the way things should be. He uses the phrase "woke up" all the time and apparently considers himself above most people, as if he's the first person to get high and think "What if...we didn't have a society and money man" A friend I know dates him, and she's not usually so stupid honestly, but I guess she's desperate or something to deal with that. She got really pissed at me last time I made fun of him too, whatever.

edit: Also if you're wondering, when you ask him to explain all that stuff IRL, he struggles and randomly injects words like "wake up" "ascension", "transcend" to try and sound impressive or something I guess. This guy has been getting on my nerves more than anything else lately.

Drunk Driver Dad has a new favorite as of 02:44 on May 27, 2013

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

BlazinLow305 posted:

This. Right here. Unfortunately I know this dude in real life. I actually got stuck having to listen to him talk about this stuff for a while a few days ago. He literally believes in every conspiracy and told me about HAARP and chemtrails , and tried to explain to me how anarchy is the way things should be. He uses the phrase "woke up" all the time and apparently considers himself above most people, as if he's the first person to get high and think "What if...we didn't have a society and money man" A friend I know dates him, and she's not usually so stupidge honestly, but I guess she's desperate or something to deal with that. She got really pissed at me last time I made fun of him too, whatever.

edit: Also if you're wondering, when you ask him to explain all that stuff IRL, he struggles and randomly injects words like "wake up" "ascension", "transcend" to try and sound impressive or something I guess. This guy has been getting on my nerves more than anything else lately.

Will this get easier to understand if I take more :catdrugs:?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Checking facebook.

Logging off facebook.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Pew! Pew! posted:

Checking facebook.

Logging off facebook.

Well you should at least tell him to stop rubbing pizza all over his skin like lotion. :rolleyes:

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Not surprising in the least. RT has some decent shows from time to time, but they're about as biased against Western countries as Press TV is with their "news" coverage. Combine the typical English-speaking viewer that believes everything they see on that channel with the average "I just watch RT for their documentaries", and you're bound to get some ridiculous arguments on there.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Stuntman posted:

No.

Wizard of Smart posted:

Or Not derail the thread since he's already posted a retraction.

Living up to your name goon sir. :golfclap:

Pew! Pew! posted:

Checking facebook.

Logging off facebook.

That's legitimately hilarious.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Some person posted this with the comment, "Ohhh American dad.....disproving idiots in the REAL world too"

Yes, because American Dad is a promotion of modern American conservatism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Yes, because American Dad is a promotion of modern American conservatism.

Reminder: There are people out there who believe Colbert is sincere.

• Locked thread