Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boydx
Feb 25, 2006

No school like the old school.
Nexus 4 ran through Snapseed

IMG_20130430_193548_2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Red filters IRL by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
I've had some fun lately trying to make baby photos that wouldn't bore the poo poo out of everyone in my feed.

trip9
Feb 15, 2011

I've been really liking shooting with my iPhone... I feel like I can gently caress around and have fun with the shots more than when I shoot with my DSLR. I can add light leaks and over-process stuff and make stupid geometrical shapes because they're "just cellphone photos", it's kind of liberating.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

trip9 posted:

stupid geometrical shapes

What are these added in? I'm guessing the glitch in the first is from Decim8?

Also;

The last of the day at Northumberlandia by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

For when you're just too lazy to get your camera bag back out of the car; iPhone!

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

IMG_20130513_192121 by kawaiiest, on Flickr

Not exactly great photography but man, am I happy with my new phone. It takes beautiful pictures.

widunder
May 2, 2002
Using the panorama function at a metal show is fun.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I liked this frog.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm no Ansel Adams, but I can still take pictures of the moon rising over things.

the kawaiiest posted:

Have you guys heard about Rando? It's hard to describe, here's a link http://www.ustwo.co.uk/blog/introducing-rando/

Basically it's Instagram without likes, comments, or the ability to follow someone. Photos are shared anonymously and you receive one photo for each photo you share. There's no spam of course and without likes, comments or follows, it's useless for camwhores so there are almost no pictures of girls making that awful duck face. I've been using it for weeks and I haven't seen a single penis, probably because their reporting system is really good and stuff gets removed very quickly after being flagged.

It is hands down the coolest drat app ever and I'm totally addicted to it.

e: it's available for both Android and iOS
This sounds really cool and I'm installing it now.

trip9
Feb 15, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

What are these added in? I'm guessing the glitch in the first is from Decim8?

I do shaped frames with Afterlight and then adjust the frame size and opacity. And yep, first photo was a mixture of Afterlight and Decim8.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

GWBBQ posted:

This sounds really cool and I'm installing it now.

It is pretty awesome. Sometimes you get lame stuff like feet and ceiling fans but you'll get cool stuff too. There's a subreddit for sharing cool randos, it's kinda new but has a few nice posts already: http://www.reddit.com/r/randopics/

I did get a penis the other day (a very sad little penis) but it was the first one I saw in 500+ randos that I received. If you do get inappropriate stuff just double tap the image and flag it, they'll ban the user.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
Rando reminds me a lot of Photoswap, one of the first apps of its kind. It was really, really fun for the first few weeks and then became nothing but dicks. Seriously. 90% of the pictures I'd receive in turn were cocks.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Lately I've been taking my phone from my pocket only to find the camera's on. At some point today I accidentally took this, and I'm really digging the perfect circular blur:

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

the nicker posted:

Rando reminds me a lot of Photoswap, one of the first apps of its kind. It was really, really fun for the first few weeks and then became nothing but dicks. Seriously. 90% of the pictures I'd receive in turn were cocks.

I'm worried that this will happen to Rando as well, it's just so much fun and I'd hate to see it ruined by (literal and figurative) dicks.

e: it looks like my favorite photo editor from iOS, vscocam, is coming to Android! I'm very happy right now.

trip9
Feb 15, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

e: it looks like my favorite photo editor from iOS, vscocam, is coming to Android! I'm very happy right now.

I don't understand what is so great about VSCOcam, I feel like Afterlight does everything VSCO can but with more control, plus does a bunch more, but VSCO has a huge following. Am I missing something?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

trip9 posted:

I don't understand what is so great about VSCOcam, I feel like Afterlight does everything VSCO can but with more control, plus does a bunch more, but VSCO has a huge following. Am I missing something?

I don't know what it is specifically about the vsco filters but they just make the photos look like... actual photographs. I'm not sure how to explain it. The colors and the grain seem to be just right, at least to my eyes, and they remind me of the photos I saw in magazines when I was young.

I love Afterlight too though, I wish they'd make an Android version. Android has nice photo editors but the best ones are still iOS only. I recently switched to Android and the photo apps are the only thing I miss from iOS.

e: in case you guys aren't familiar with vscocam: http://vsco.co/vscocam -- scroll down for samples.

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 16, 2013

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

What I really want is Snapseed's interface and controls melded with Afterlight's filters. The only filters Snapseed has put grungy poo poo all over the place. Also, I never have much need to use them, but Afterlight's film grain and light leak filters are fairly awesome, too. Some are a little over the top, but the subtle ones are great.

trip9
Feb 15, 2011

What I really want is for afterlight to allow importing photos or textures to overlay with different blending modes and stuff.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Ooooh that's good, I like that. I've gotta think someone's working on that.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Can we have a 'share your instagram username' thread?

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
:coffee:

trip9
Feb 15, 2011

Sludge Tank posted:

Can we have a 'share your instagram username' thread?

I'd be down, I've recently stated moving towards following actual photographers on instagram instead of just people from my fb.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
So this just happened.

Flickr now giving 1 TERABYTE of storage for free. You don't have to be a premium user. This is for free accounts.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

trip9 posted:

I'd be down, I've recently stated moving towards following actual photographers on instagram instead of just people from my fb.

There are some really cool instagrammers. Someone posted a link a while ago to astronaut Chris Hadfield who was posting instagrams from space but I can't find it, only his twitter account

trip9
Feb 15, 2011

Well poo poo, I just renewed my account too. I don't think there's much of a point to have pro now.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

trip9 posted:

Well poo poo, I just renewed my account too. I don't think there's much of a point to have pro now.

I think pro accounts still have stuff like stats and all that, but I'm not sure. I'm really happy since I love flickr but could never justify paying for it.

e:

quote:

Which Features are Still Limited to Flickr Pro?
The old Flickr Pro accounts included unlimited storage space, and that means it can exceed 1TB.

Flickr Pro users also get to view view counts and referrer statistics for their images. Lots of professionals often like this feature because it shows where a photo has been used or linked across the web.

Flickr Pro users can replace photos (without having to reupload), archive high-resolution original images and enjoy an ad-free experience.

Although storage and bandwidth are unlimited, they do come with a caveat. Flickr Pro users are limited to image sizes of 50MB and video sizes of 500MB. If you want to upgrade to the larger file sizes, you'll need to convert from a Flickr Pro to a free account.

Also,

quote:

Users that choose to go to a free account will receive a pro-rated refund for their Flickr Pro account.

A lot more info here: http://mashable.com/2013/05/20/flickr-pro-changes/

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 21, 2013

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Dang, went through the first couple pages of this thread again and the last few to compare and cell phone cameras sure have come a looooong way. Anyways here's some from my trip to New York. Standard fare for guy who is a tourist in New York but whatevs.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

trip9 posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you still need Pro to hotlink images. IE; use flickr for image hosting.

edit; cellphone content from my flickr account:

dema fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 24, 2013

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

dema posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you still need Pro to hotlink images. IE; use flickr for image hosting.

Pretty sure this has never been true.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Could have sworn it was. Must have been mistaken.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

dema posted:

Could have sworn it was. Must have been mistaken.

Never paid flickr a cent, and presto:

Invader Cam by mrxzzy, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Nice to get out for an hour after work :)

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Something I shot while eating breakfast in a hotel lobby

Chairs and Shadows by alkanphel, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Teesside Offshore Windfarm (24 turbines of 27) by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

A sunny day is a real rarity around here :)

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
Yellow and blue.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Untitled by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

quote:

"Certified music maven. Total internet nerd. General entrepreneur. Web Lover. Reader."

quote:

"Thinker. Internet enthusiast. Alcohol nerd. Bacon ninja. Subtly charming web junkie."

There must be a mad libs-style profile generator for spammers on Instagram, because they all follow exactly the same format without copying each other. It's actually kind of fascinating. At least now all they do is "like" photos - they've stopped spamming the comments for the most part.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jackpot posted:

At least now all they do is "like" photos - they've stopped spamming the comments for the most part.

I like the idea that they aren't even trying to sell or influence anything, they just exist to spread positivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Huxley posted:

I like the idea that they aren't even trying to sell or influence anything, they just exist to spread positivity.
Not quite; their photos are always nothing but ads for sites that sell followers. Which, honestly, is just the strangest thing to me, that people would pay money for followers on a free site. What satisfaction could you get out of having 15,000 followers, if only 100 of them are real? But still, even though they're weird, since all they do is like photos you have to go out of your way to be annoyed by them.