Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Aurune posted:

Flares? WTF is up with those hood scoops?!

It's a car version of :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Aurune posted:

Two scoops!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZ0mE1MO8s (add every other 'two scoops commercial' here)

Bone_Enterprise fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 27, 2013

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Aurune posted:

I mean if it were a top-mount intercooler I guess I'd understand -- a scoop for the intercooler and a scoop for the possible location of the intake filter.

What kind of stupid car gathering/show is this? Why are the Sunfires there?

enojy fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 27, 2013

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

Sockington posted:

Speaking of flares...

This is all I can see:

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

I at first saw it as a PT Cruiser, so I guess your eyes are a little more flattering.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

enojy posted:

I mean if it were a top-mount intercooler I guess I'd understand -- a scoop for the intercooler and a scoop for the possible location of the intake filter.

What kind of stupid car gathering/show is this? Why are the Sunfires there?

I initially thought one for the top mount and one for the intake as well, but I see a front mount lurking in the bumper. Truly bizarre - but I will say that I love the orange paint though.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Yeah...

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
^ that is awesome

Today I saw this:

...being towed by this:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I hate that dukes of hazzard/confederate poo poo, but that's kind of cool.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Sockington posted:

Speaking of flares...

Other than the hoodscoops.... I kinda like it.

Dear god. Thanks a lot Need For Speed

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 27, 2013

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I like it... But isn't that a Challenger?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

falz posted:

^ that is awesome

Today I saw this:

...being towed by this:

Well, at least we can be sure they aren't using one as a cut and shut donor for the other.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

That's freakin awesome

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

Dynamat and its users will forever be terrible - it's literally idiot paper*

*It does work but you don't need more than 25% surface coverage on the doors that rattle because they can't handle the PHAT BASS.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
:(

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

No picture sorry. There and gone too fast..

I was crossing the street when a mini van decided to stop 3 feet into the intersection. Nothing special there. The truly special part was guy in the passenger seat. He was probably about 16 or 17. He had his seat reclined a little and managed to put his feet up on the dashboard, right on top of the airbag. As the car haphazardly made its right, I was kind hoping for a accident. I know it's morbid, but I really wonder what would happen if a airbag deployed under your legs like that.

VV Edit: Curiosity satisfied VV

Aurune fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 28, 2013

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Generally it's traumatic leg injuries- I'd they are on top of the airbag they get propelled up and back shattering leg bones, knees and hip joints. If they're in front of the bag when it deploys it will shatter your legs, shear the hip joints and propel your femur into your body.

Well that's what I've seen at the two car accidents I attended involving feet on airbags anyway. First one is a permanent cripple, 2nd one bled out from the massive internal injuries.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Well I guess I won't let my old lady air it out any more.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

OptimusMatrix posted:

That's freakin awesome

The best avatar/post combo

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Gotta agree with everyone else...that car is in the wrong thread. It's so terrible it's awesome.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

This kinda rules, real hard.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I am just as undecided as that paint job.

Here is something terrible: https://vicpd.ca/media/media-releases/2013/what-accident-hit-and-run-driver-leaves-piece-bumper-behind

Idiot bashes into a parked car, flees the scene leaving a giant chunk of bumper behind. Victim calls their plate into the police, who show up at the owner's house, find the smashed car parked there. Owner is inside house, claims ignorance, when asked for ID, gets license out of smashed car. Finally owns up to it when the police explain how loving obvious this all is.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
I uhh...erm...yeah. Probably gonna see this in Horrible Mechanical Failures someday.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

That's... not safe, but not the worst I've seen.

Feast your eyes upon this pile of booger welded scrap. I'd post highlights, but every time I try to decide which pics to include, I just end up including them all.

http://www.forbiddenjeeps.com/general-jeep-tech-questions/4423-let-jeep-yj-v8-1ton-coilover-stretch-thread-begin-2.html

Here is a representative sample (it's not a highlight, they're all this bad. Basically assume anything spray painted silver is terrible poo poo):

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

kastein posted:

I am just as undecided as that paint job.

Here is something terrible: https://vicpd.ca/media/media-releases/2013/what-accident-hit-and-run-driver-leaves-piece-bumper-behind

Idiot bashes into a parked car, flees the scene leaving a giant chunk of bumper behind. Victim calls their plate into the police, who show up at the owner's house, find the smashed car parked there. Owner is inside house, claims ignorance, when asked for ID, gets license out of smashed car. Finally owns up to it when the police explain how loving obvious this all is.

This happened to a friend waaaaay back in high school. They got rear ended by some bro in a jeep (yes, there were bros even back then) who took off leaving his plate jammed in said friend's bumper. It wasn't difficult even for our town's keystone cops to follow up that lead.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

kastein posted:

And the penalty for all this is only in speeding ticket territory.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why this is terrible. This is probably a Fiero, isn't it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

enojy posted:

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why this is terrible. This is probably a Fiero, isn't it.

Looks like an MR2.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

The blue car next to it isn't parked very well.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

falz posted:

^ that is awesome

Today I saw this:

...being towed by this:

Southbound headed toward Mexico somewhere? I've seen this quite a bit on I-55 south of St Louis.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I kinda like this. Plus, it's a base level v6, so playing with the visuals is more interesting than playing with anything else in that one - the car is just for looks so play with them.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm unsure of what's going on here - I don't know if it's a Canadian thing or what:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
^^^^That's how you handle repairing the entire front end without paint. Replace fenders, cover in stickers.

angryhampster posted:

Southbound headed toward Mexico somewhere? I've seen this quite a bit on I-55 south of St Louis.

That was going to be my guess also. Grew up in Houston so you'd often see 2 crashed but still driveable vehicles on their way back to the motherland.

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

Somewhere under this is a CX-7.

I didn't notice how awful the wing was until a minute later when I passed it.

NOT PICTURED: Front LED lighting strips included the ever-tasteful around-the-headlamp and around-the-foglamp, as well as around most of the Mazda logo.

POORLY PICTURED: The plates say NOXQQQS.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

some texas redneck posted:

It's a car version of :saddowns:

Don't you mean :pwn:?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

enojy posted:

I thought it was whatever the hatchback is that's parked head-in is breaking up the line of high end performance/supercars?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Fiat Punto :eng101:

I don't know if they exist in America - driving one on a road full of giant trucks must be terrifying.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Wolfsbane posted:

Fiat Punto :eng101:

I don't know if they exist in America - driving one on a road full of giant trucks must be terrifying.

Driving even something the size of my Golf is terrifying in some areas. I can't help but cringe a little every time I see one of those Smart shoes in traffic.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

Driving even something the size of my Golf is terrifying in some areas. I can't help but cringe a little every time I see one of those Smart shoes in traffic.

My most horrifying driving experience ever was driving a Fiat Cinquecento (around 120 inches long) round cliffside roads in rural Greece back in the 90s, giant trucks oncoming in the middle of the road, blind corners, and what we dubbed 'death boxes' every 20 yards or so - little shrines to people who had died on these roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Y'all are pussies. When I was 17 I drive my mk 2 fiesta like it was a fighter plane, ducking and diving between giant trucks, banging off the rev limiter all the time in top gear.

Admittedly I was a stupid prick when I was 17, and banging off the rev limiter in top was about 80 mph. 955cc was far more than I deserved.