Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

dyzzy posted:

Longtime reader, just found this thread. You guys will be happy to know that a certain someone approves:

I actually wanted to post this earlier, but it kinda looks like it might be someone making fun of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.

Wa11y posted:

My guess?

"Oh, we're glad you found someone you like dear!"

Yeah, Kat's parents don't seem like they'd really care one way or the other as long as Kat's happy. They seem content to let her figure out the world with help as needed and this is part of the figuring out the world process.

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Lurdiak posted:

I actually wanted to post this earlier, but it kinda looks like it might be someone making fun of him.

That was my first hunch, too.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Just FYI for you poor schmucks that weren't at MCM London this weekend, when Annie In The Forest is up for sale online, grab it! It's lovely, can't wait for the next part. It's A4 in size too, looks great.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Zerilan posted:

That last panel is so adorable it almost makes me wish I didn't already have Zimmy avatar.

Your current avatar flicking back and forth with the last panel would be nice, too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Your current avatar flicking back and forth with the last panel would be nice, too.

Zimmy even has the perfect phrase for the under text :)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

drat, I haven't read this comic since literally the beginning. Looks like I have some catching up to do :3:

Although I gotta say seeing a character named Paz threw me for a loop. (last name)

edit: Know what? I think it's time for a new avatar.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 28, 2013

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
:woop:

I'm so happy! Echoing the hopes that this development means more panel-time for Paz.

This is my favorite chapter so far, it's been a :3:-train the whole way through. I also like for all that Annie was in it, this chapter was never really about her. I prefer the chapters where the focus isn't on her or her troubles. She's the main character, sure, and not a bad one! But there's enough intrigue in the Court that seeing it only through Annie's lens would feel very limiting.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
You guys reference tumblr a lot, so I made a throwaway account to look at what it has on there for GC. And here I thought THIS thread was getting all weird and saccharine.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dienes posted:

I'm curious as to how Paz is going to change the Kat and Annie dynamic. I'm sure Annie will be happy for her. Kat and Annie are close...but Kat may like having someone around who is more dependable, who doesn't take advantage of her as much.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how this affects Annie as well; presumably, Kat and Paz are going to start spending more time together, which may leave Annie feeling like the odd girl out.

Zenzirouj posted:

You guys reference tumblr a lot, so I made a throwaway account to look at what it has on there for GC. And here I thought THIS thread was getting all weird and saccharine.

This thread is the least weird place you will find on the internet when it comes to this comic. (Also, for the love of god, don't ever visit 4chan.)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

This thread is the least weird place you will find on the internet when it comes to this comic. every webcomic (Also, for the love of god, don't ever visit 4chan.)

Seriously.

I've been thinking on getting a tumblr too, mainly to have somewhere to dump my drawings that isn't deviantart. Sometimes I'm not too sure. :confused:

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Speaking of which, is there a Chibi Soma memorial award for excellence in the field of fictional-character-sexuality-projection-meltdowns?

Because we have some very deserving nominees.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Don't join Tumbler, I'm not sure how it works, but if the Dangan Ronpa thread in lps is any indication, joining it will cause this thread to tank in quality posting mighty fast.

Although, I guess the last five or six pages have been pretty much nothing more then variations of :3: and :kimchi: so maybe quality is subjective... but it was a really cute way to end the chapter I totally understand you guys

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...
That was one of the sweetest pages in a while. I was completely bracing for an awkward rejection and now am just pleasantly surprised. Oh Tom :3:

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
At the very least everyone should check out the Webcomics Watch tumblr. It collects the most recent update from a bunch of webcomics each day. Although lately the updates have slowed.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Well that was probably the best way this could have ended. I almost feel like it was a troll for people who get way too into this sort of thing. Just "yeah, okay" and that's it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Livingtrope posted:

Don't join Tumbler, I'm not sure how it works, but if the Dangan Ronpa thread in lps is any indication, joining it will cause this thread to tank in quality posting mighty fast.

Tom already has a tumblr and tumblrites have not invaded. It does not work that way.

Zenzirouj posted:

I haven't wanted to break the mood and I've been the constant pessimist about this, but I feel people are jumping the gun on Kat being a lesbian/bi. She just said yes to a date with someone who recognizes how cool a person she is. Tom actually made a comic about himself in a similar situation back in a gbs mspaint thread years ago. Then again being a constant naysayer about this makes me look kind of like a close-minded jerk.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

quote:

I haven't wanted to break the mood and I've been the constant pessimist about this, but I feel people are jumping the gun on Kat being a lesbian/bi. She just said yes to a date with someone who recognizes how cool a person she is.

Well, nothing's to say they should be together forever (it's just a school crush after all) I hope most people here are just satisfied that no hearts were broken and the situation was :3: as heck. Some comments in the page comment thingy were pretty disgusting however, in the "hehe yeah, lesbians! *drools*" immature kind of way. I guess that's the opposite of the comments that went like "ok so this comic is like every other webcomic now, lesbians? meh" (one comment said this almost literally)

Arglebargle III posted:

Well that was probably the best way this could have ended. I almost feel like it was a troll for people who get way too into this sort of thing. Just "yeah, okay" and that's it.

That's what makes it so sweet, I think. It's way more natural and how these things usually go. I dunno who seriously expected them to start snogging passionately.

quote:

Tom already has a tumblr and tumblrites have not invaded. It does not work that way.

Yeah, most webcomic artists have pretty cool tumblr pages, I've found. I might just get an account after all and post some stuff. If I draw some Gunnerkrigg doodles every now and then, is it cool to share it here?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I haven't wanted to break the mood and I've been the constant pessimist about this, but I feel people are jumping the gun on Kat being a lesbian/bi. She just said yes to a date with someone who recognizes how cool a person she is. Tom actually made a comic about himself in a similar situation back in a gbs mspaint thread years ago. Then again being a constant naysayer about this makes me look kind of like a close-minded jerk.

I kind of agree, again not to harsh the mellow or anything, but I think it's clear Kat's still figuring some stuff out and depending on the timeframe for the comic Tom's aiming for, might not figure things out totally for years, who knows. I think it's also possible that Paz might just be projecting a bit as well? Like her rational kind of boiled down to 'Kat was really nice to me after a boy was mean', but I'm talking out of my rear end here. If someone/people with experience with those types of feelings/situations thinks otherwise I'll totally concede that idea.

In any case, even if one/both of them ends up not being interested for whatever reason, that in no way diminishes this moment and direction as being great and enjoyable and :3: and whatnot. Even just the fact that both girls are willing to give it a shot is an excellent message, and great character progression.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Guys guys guys, they're teenagers.

Surely they know what they're doing.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Every single :3 possible. And then a few that aren't.

This comic, though. There were so many ways could things have gone poorly, but instead we got :3::hf::kimchi:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I'm very happy how I went from "Oh gosh I hope Kat says she's not interested in a gentle way" to "Oh wow she is interested!"

Lurdiak posted:

Do you have to register a name for the comment function or something like that? Because yeah, I'm also getting that feeling.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Guys guys guys, they're teenagers.

Surely they know what they're doing.

Here comes the teen pregnancy storyline.:ohdear:

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

SynthOrange posted:

Here comes the teen pregnancy storyline.:ohdear:

What if Boxbot is the father? :ohdear:

Was going to post earlier but all I had was to say was :3: really.

I do want to see this lead to Paz being a more important character because she's awesome and could probably help Annie out a lot with forest things (as Annie has implied she has no idea what animals or plants really live in the forest).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LtStorm posted:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So I was checking the GC wiki out and stumbled upon the "word of Tom" section (wow, this webcomic has some... uh let's say dedicated, fans). Anyway, I was reading throught questions he's responded to, and one was pretty interesting: someone asked if Smitty's powers would somehow help Zimmy (a thing I'd also considered once) and he just responded "it wouldn't be a pretty sight". Gotta admit, I kinda want to see that now! . I can see Annie trying to help using Smit's ordering power near Zimmy, and messing it up big time.

:getin:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Blackheart posted:

someone asked if Smitty's powers would somehow help Zimmy (a thing I'd also considered once) and he just responded "it wouldn't be a pretty sight". Gotta admit, I kinda want to see that now! . I can see Annie trying to help using Smit's ordering power near Zimmy, and messing it up big time.

:getin:
I think the Whitelegs' goal is to :frogout: rather than :getin:, so it probably means that Smits' powers would result in a containment breach. Nightmarish, psionic spider infested Birmingham everywhere.

"Tell him about the Twinkie, Ray."

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

LtStorm posted:

Well if it was Robox it would be a pretty awesome baby.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

I dunno, I think Paz might beat this one out in the :3: department...

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I'm gonna buy this avatar tomorrow, any ideas for title text?

Also Tom has like double juked at this point. Made us all cold and cynical then hit us with :3:. This man is too powerful, he has made me way more invested in the happiness of fictional characters than might be healthy.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Well this page certainly takes on a slightly different tone than before.

I liked todays comic because I am a huge romantic pansy who loves happy endings, (well, this is more of a happy beginning I guess) that is all.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Prison Warden posted:

Wow yeah, this page is way sadder now. Good catch.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Oh man, I really want Paz to be upgraded to Important Character status. The kids are approaching the Cool Teenage Hangout Crew lifestyle of their parents.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fecha posted:

Oh man, I really want Paz to be upgraded to Important Character status. The kids are approaching the Cool Teenage Hangout Crew lifestyle of their parents.

Throw in Red now that she doesn't have to be a student and they out number their parents' nerd crew.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I liked todays comic because I am a huge romantic pansy who loves happy endings, (well, this is more of a happy beginning I guess) that is all.

I caught this one when I went flipping back through the chapters a few days ago. I really wish I could see just how FAR ahead he's planned. Tom just seems to have everything tied together so drat well.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, most webcomic artists have pretty cool tumblr pages, I've found. I might just get an account after all and post some stuff. If I draw some Gunnerkrigg doodles every now and then, is it cool to share it here?

Yeah! It's cool seeing how other people depict the characters. And the worst that happens is that everybody ridicules you! ;)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Yeah! It's cool seeing how other people depict the characters. And the worst that happens is that everybody ridicules you! ;)

Well, if I end up joining tumblr I'll have new headmates to console me :v: (urgh)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The homosexual agenda has gone too far! :bahgawd:

If this comic gets any more adorable it may hit critical mass and explode.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I dunno, I think Paz might beat this one out in the :3: department...

Thinking of getting another gunnerkrigg avatar, anyone have ideas for text for this one?

This anime pizza thing and the thread I got it from were both cool but holy moly I think people see red text in avatars and automatically respond worse than they otherwise would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Was Gamma being literal in this page? I wonder how much Paz confides in the animals she works with...

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1032