Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I think people might be forgetting this, but the Wii U already had a price drop. I wouldn't bet on another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think people might be forgetting this, but the Wii U already had a price drop. I wouldn't bet on another one.

The Target sale?
I wouldn't call that a price drop.
I'd call that a retailer trying to get rid of the slower-selling basic version.

Or are you talking about the UK price drops?
Those were retailer specific, IIRC, and not backed by Nintendo at all.

Fly with me fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 28, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rack posted:

I'm putting my money on Pilotwings: University.

Wouldn't work since Pilotwings had a new game only two years ago.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Wouldn't work since Pilotwings had a new game only two years ago.

I am a terrible gambler.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

axeil posted:

A Blast Corps remake/sequel would be fantastic. Isn't the IP with Rare though? I thought they made Blast Corps.
Yeah Rare/MS owns Blast Corps, but Nintendo could do their own similar thing with the Wrecking Crew IP (the names are almost synonymous! sort of. vaguely).

If it needs to have a Mario character in it use the Wario Bros, hired by the Mushroom Kingdom, set in the movie's more realistic world. Except the buildings would be filled with gold coins, which is why Wario and Luigi are fine with saving the day from Bowser's runaway nuclear missile carrier devolution bomb.

njsykora posted:

No, in fact a lot of these are things I'd really like to see.

It it's Excitebike though...or 1080...or Wave Race...
I'm still hoping for Excite Wave 1080 from Monster Games.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

japtor posted:

Yeah Rare/MS owns Blast Corps, but Nintendo could do their own similar thing with the Wrecking Crew IP (the names are almost synonymous! sort of. vaguely).

If it needs to have a Mario character in it use the Wario Bros, hired by the Mushroom Kingdom, set in the movie's more realistic world. Except the buildings would be filled with gold coins, which is why Wario and Luigi are fine with saving the day from Bowser's runaway nuclear missile carrier devolution bomb.

I'm still hoping for Excite Wave 1080 from Monster Games.

A combined jet ski and water skiing game with a track editor? I'm down.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

This is probably the most fun I've had in a video game in a long time:

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

eBay has better marketing skills for the Wii u than Nintendo.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

nippon nifties posted:

I can't stop laughing at this.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Goddamn I would love a new road rash, I played the gently caress out of road rash 64 (gently caress yeah insanity bikes!)

Also putting pool cues into other peoples front wheels.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

nippon nifties posted:

Ok, I'm sold. Picking this game up ASAP.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Okay, I have to ask, can I get a link to the original batch of Wii U rumors that were posted around here? It seems...well, it seems a bit dodgy.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

organburner posted:

Goddamn I would love a new road rash, I played the gently caress out of road rash 64 (gently caress yeah insanity bikes!)

Also putting pool cues into other peoples front wheels.
I think a Road Rash inspired game is one of the (many) indie/kickstarter projects that include Wii U as a target.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Of course they're dodgy, it's E3 season. This time last year people were talking about Metroid x Starfox and a gritty open-world Mach Rider reboot and ACID GHOST, a game where you played as a poltergeist voiced by Eminem.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Of course they're dodgy, it's E3 season. This time last year people were talking about Metroid x Starfox and a gritty open-world Mach Rider reboot and ACID GHOST, a game where you played as a poltergeist voiced by Eminem.

Why does Acid Ghost not exist? :colbert:

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
I bought a Wii U! I jumped on a cheap used one, I was intending to wait for some games but I thought $200 for the system and NSMBU was a good deal.

Alright so I want to buy something. Any eShop exclusives worth paying for?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Bit Trip Runner 2, Mighty Switch Force and Nano Assault are all good. Runner is on sale right now too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Toki Tori 2 is the best action/puzzle game since DK94, and it's going on sale again this Thursday.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Thanks, going to give Toki Tori a go later this week then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I should mention that it'll be out on PC at some point, in case you'd rather wait, but I don't think there's an ETA for the PC version.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm nervous about getting my Wii U since it's from Amazon Warehouse Deals, who can be great for used stuff sometimes but aren't always great about how they describe the condition of their used items. I'm trying to remember if there is a way to register or associate the system with my club nintendo account/warranty even if it's used. I remember doing something similar with my 3DS that I bought from a Goon but I can't remember what I had to do.

I think at this point, if the system shows up and doesn't match the "like new" description, I'll just return it and buy a brand new Zombiu bundle somewhere else.

My Wii U is used and it setup fine linking with my Club account, when you power on the console "For the first time" it'll go through a setup/registration process where you can put in your details. The interesting thing is that there was no Star Points scratch card in the box (which I didn't expect since it's used), but when I linked my Club account it automatically registered the console and gave me the points for it anyway.

So now I can buy like... shoe laces or something with the points.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Super Slash posted:

My Wii U is used and it setup fine linking with my Club account, when you power on the console "For the first time" it'll go through a setup/registration process where you can put in your details. The interesting thing is that there was no Star Points scratch card in the box (which I didn't expect since it's used), but when I linked my Club account it automatically registered the console and gave me the points for it anyway.

So now I can buy like... shoe laces or something with the points.

I usually hoard my points for VC Games. Though the Zelda CD was pretty sweet too.

That registration thing is good news though, only issue might be is that Nintendoland is a download code with the bundle I'm getting. Eh, it's not that expensive anyways.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 28, 2013

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

nippon nifties posted:

LEGO Twilight

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Toki Tori 2 is the best action/puzzle game since DK94, and it's going on sale again this Thursday.

It's also made by Yuji Naka, the programmer for the Sonic series before it went to poo poo for a decade.

VVV Oh, my mistake.

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 28, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

That loving Sned posted:

It's also made by Yuji Naka, the programmer for the Sonic series before it went to poo poo for a decade.

I don't think that's true, considering Two Tribes are based in the Netherlands. Naka was responsible for Ivy the Kiwi, though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
By the way, some people wondered about if third parties would do sales on virtual console, well in EU Ghosts n Goblins is 50% off if you have Super Ghouls and Ghosts, so I wouldn't be surprised to see similar deals for both that series and Mega Man X this week in the US.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

greatn posted:

By the way, some people wondered about if third parties would do sales on virtual console, well in EU Ghosts n Goblins is 50% off if you have Super Ghouls and Ghosts, so I wouldn't be surprised to see similar deals for both that series and Mega Man X this week in the US.

Any chance the Wii U could detect that I have the original SNES game, Megaman X collection, and the PSP's Maverick Hunter X and just comp me on this one?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Almost Smart posted:

Any chance the Wii U could detect that I have the original SNES game, Megaman X collection, and the PSP's Maverick Hunter X and just comp me on this one?

Oooh, no dice. Though if you had it on the Wii 1's VC you could get it for a buck or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Almost Smart posted:

Plug your WiiU hdmi into the XBone, then put the WiiU in snap mode, then hold up your Mega Man X collection and SNES cart in front of the Kinect 2, then point the WiiU gamepad's camera at the television screen. Have the playstation eye record you doing this.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Almost Smart posted:

Do you think if I used the camera to scan the barcode on my copy of Network Transmission I'd get the entire X series as an apology?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I liked Network Transmission

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

:negative:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

As long as you buy the next .30 game you'll be good. Also I thought I heard that if you download TankTankTank! you'll get a survey for that, but i'm not going to try since I already have platnium and want to wait until it rolls over.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

As long as you buy the next .30 game you'll be good. Also I thought I heard that if you download TankTankTank! you'll get a survey for that, but i'm not going to try since I already have platnium and want to wait until it rolls over.

I'm okay, I just thought it was funny to wind up 10 points shy.

FWIW, I did not get a Tank Tank Tank survey for the free version. I did get one for Zen Pinball 2, though.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

When browsing the TV guide using the gamepad, is there a way to page up and down through the guide's channels or can I only move up and down one channel at a time?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Xavier434 posted:

When browsing the TV guide using the gamepad, is there a way to page up and down through the guide's channels or can I only move up and down one channel at a time?

You mean the cable box interface? I don't think so, but I've found the cursor a lot more responsive than with my cable remote, so just mashing the down button four times quickly accomplishes the same thing.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Yeah I noticed a better response time too. Kind of funny. Too bad about the lack of ability to page up/down though.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
A Lost Worlds debut trailer went up a couple of minutes ago: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/28/sonic-lost-worlds-debut-trailer

It looks cool! I'm getting a Sonic meets Mario Galaxy kind of vibe from it.

e: Also apparently it's coming this year? Did we know that before?

ee: Youtube version for the IGN averse see bellow

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 28, 2013

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Here's a youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-sIkDWfccU

And yeah, definitely feels like Sonic Galaxy based on this trailer

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow that reminds me of sonic xtreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
That looks awesome.

If Sega becomes the "We make Nintendo games with Sonic on them for a lower retail price" company I won't complain.

Also, while Galaxy is the first thought that comes to mind it also reminded me of Nights into Dreams.

• Locked thread