Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

The person likeliest to die, whose death would have an impact on whether a certain candidate runs in 2016, just turned five this month.

The gorilla whose heart will be harvested to replace Christie's in mid-2015?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Probably Santorum's daughter.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ted Cruz is a replicant.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Replace the debates with a series of voight-kampff tests, would probably be more instructional.

Might be less entertaining, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Joementum posted:

The person likeliest to die, whose death would have an impact on whether a certain candidate runs in 2016, just turned five this month.

I don't see how it would affect it one way or another. He ran in 2012 while she was terminally ill.

SombreroAgnew
Sep 22, 2004

unlimited rice pudding

serewit posted:

Replace the debates with a series of voight-kampff tests, would probably be more instructional.

Might be less entertaining, though.
What do we do when none of them pass?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
WaPo checks in with the backbiting, traumatized "team of rivals"

Four key Hillary Clinton staffers from 2008 unlikely to sign on for 2016 bid

It wasn't just Mark Penn that was a ball of crazy. It was her whole staff. I frankly don't see what Hillary has to gain from re-employing a single member of the '08 team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SedanChair posted:

WaPo checks in with the backbiting, traumatized "team of rivals"

Four key Hillary Clinton staffers from 2008 unlikely to sign on for 2016 bid

It wasn't just Mark Penn that was a ball of crazy. It was her whole staff. I frankly don't see what Hillary has to gain from re-employing a single member of the '08 team.

The Clintons really have a despicable group of hanger-oners. Democrats don't seem to care though if Hilary and even Bill's favorable numbers are to be believed.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SombreroAgnew posted:

What do we do when none of them pass?

Thunderdome.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

mcmagic posted:

The Clintons really have a despicable group of hanger-oners. Democrats don't seem to care though if Hilary and even Bill's favorable numbers are to be believed.

They don't really have a choice third way Democrats run the party and the clinton's are textbooks third wayers. The grassroots only matters in terms of GOTV efforts thanks to Obama showing how important and useful that is.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Fool, money, blah blah something something. But really, oh goody look who's thinking about running in 2016. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ent=buffer49901

the hill posted:

Business mogul Donald Trump is considering a presidential bid in 2016 and has spent $1 million on political research, according to the New York Post.

Trump, who spent months toying with a 2012 run, has recently been increasing his political appearances — though he's played down any interest in a run, recently saying a bid was "highly unlikely."

In a speech last week to the Oakland County, Mich. Republican Party the reality star brought up a possible 2016 bid.

"Everybody tells me, 'Please run for president. Please run for president.' I would be much happier if a great and competent person came along," Trump reportedly said in his speech. "I'd be happy if President Obama did a great job. I'm a Republican, but before anything, I love this country. I would love to see somebody come in who is going to be great."

A top Trump aide told The Post that Trump commissioned the $1 million to research his standing in each state, and to gauge those he would need to win.

"The electoral research was commissioned. We did not spend $1 million on this research for it just to sit on my bookshelf," Trump special council Michael Cohen said. "At this point Mr. Trump has not made any decision on a political run, but what I would say is that he is exactly what this country needs. The turnout at these political speeches indicates his following remains very strong and is growing."

Trump predicted during his Michigan speech that if the GOP didn't pick "the right person" to run against Democratic favorite Hillary Clinton in 2016 the election would be a "landslide."

Trump has a well-honed reputation for generating headlines and controversy -- he offered $5 million to President Obama to release his birth certificate -- and many questioned if he was serious about his 2012 aspirations. But if the television and real estate mogul invests a lot of energy in generating buzz about a 2016 run that could impact the rest of the political scene.

Donald Trump campaigning against Hillary Clinton. I know it's just a dream, but I can dream.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Highspeeddub posted:

Fool, money, blah blah something something. But really, oh goody look who's thinking about running in 2016. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ent=buffer49901

Donald Trump campaigning against Hillary Clinton. I know it's just a dream, but I can dream.

Good grief, we've really got to stop paying attention when Donald "Lucy" Trump sets the football.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

quote:

$1 million to research his standing in each state, and to gauge those he would need to win

I really hope this is released at some point, because it would be fascinating to see the Donald Trump Republican Primary plan. Like, do his "analysts" think he has a shot of winning South Carolina? Is this just a modified Giuliani plan? The Ron Paul caucus strategy?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Joementum posted:

I really hope this is released at some point, because it would be fascinating to see the Donald Trump Republican Primary plan. Like, do his "analysts" think he has a shot of winning South Carolina? Is this just a modified Giuliani plan? The Ron Paul caucus strategy?

Hey, when Trump hires you, you're paid to produce results. They'll tell him he'll win in a landslide because everyone loves him.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

Hey, when Trump hires you, you're paid to produce results. They'll tell him he'll win in a landslide because everyone loves him.
Which, to be fair, is a consulting scam that extends to most candidates hiring those teams.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Reminder that the first guy to declare for the GOP nom in 2011 was this guy (pro-click for the hilarious aftermath)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Adar posted:

Reminder that the first guy to declare for the GOP nom in 2011 was this guy (pro-click for the hilarious aftermath)

Can't forget to include a picture of his campaign bus.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Adar posted:

Haha, oh yeah, him. He's still in court suing. He says his campaign staff framed him.

Last week in Novi, MI Trump told a standing room audience that it was highly unlikely he would run for president in 2016 BUT they needed the best candidate or Hillary Clinton will win in a landslide. He won't support anyone but the best candidate. Meanwhile, he spent a million dollars on research to find out if he was the best candidate.

http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2013/05/22/news/doc519cc6e208449817922802.txt

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Literally a child-luring clown van. Well, it's not like McCotter got far enough to even have to worry about optics.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Deteriorata posted:

Like all the crazy stuff his investigators found out about in Hawaii while researching Obama's birth certificate.

Oh man, I hope his ego is big enough to actually throw his hat in the ring :allears:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

There is just so much to love about that picture. The bell on the top of the van is my favourite thing :allears:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Nothing beats his youtube series where he plays that weird guy at every party who insists on noodling dadrock riffs in the corner. Except he takes a break to discuss foreign policy. Feel the charisma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WTbucPl5tU

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

richardfun posted:

There is just so much to love about that picture. The bell on the top of the van is my favourite thing :allears:

I know, it's perfect. A little liberty bell on top of his bizarrely festowned ice cream truck.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kaal posted:

I know, it's perfect. A little liberty bell on top of his bizarrely festowned ice cream truck.

Ice cream trucks traditionally have the bell to let kids know they are passing by.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Cease to Hope posted:

Ice cream trucks traditionally have the bell to let kids know they are passing by.

Haha really? Not around here they don't. I am in tears with laughter :shlick:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

comes along bort posted:

Nothing beats his youtube series where he plays that weird guy at every party who insists on noodling dadrock riffs in the corner. Except he takes a break to discuss foreign policy. Feel the charisma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WTbucPl5tU

The Diet Mtn Dew on the table helped him get the youth vote.

knife super power
Nov 4, 2010

Joementum posted:

How would you even see with the campaign posters on the windshield?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

knife super power posted:

How would you even see with the campaign posters on the windshield?

Where we're going...

Actually, yeah there's no way that kind of thing isn't a road hazard unless it was being driven in some kind of parade route where all you needed to see were the tail lights of the guy in front of you.

Also, Hillary plus Axelrod/Plouffe would be a loving steamroller. That is, if their personalities line up. They might not get along with Hillary, though that's mitigated by her being SoS and likely having regular interaction with them.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 10:27 on May 28, 2013

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
And Axelrod being an absolute glutton for punishment after already having attained the pinnacle achievement of his vocation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SirKibbles posted:

They don't really have a choice third way Democrats run the party and the clinton's are textbooks third wayers. The grassroots only matters in terms of GOTV efforts thanks to Obama showing how important and useful that is.

They are responsible for that though. This isn't even thrid wayers, these are just bad people. Mark Penn, Howard Wolfson, Terry McAllaufe, Lanny Davis ect.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Adar posted:

Yes, seconded. I don't know how I missed this story (or if I just forgot it, which I also don't know how I would do), but while the whole signatures unraveling thing is great that TV script part is awesome. It's like Threat Level Midnight from The Office. Guy even plays guitar. I feel like I "get" Thaddeus McCotter, now.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Joementum posted:

I'm sorry, but I still don't know who this is referring to and it's driving me nuts!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

That DICK! posted:

I'm sorry, but I still don't know who this is referring to and it's driving me nuts!

I believe he's referring to one of Rick Santorum's daughters, who has some sort of life-threatening condition.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 598 days!

That DICK! posted:

Rand Paul ages in dog years.

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
Trig Paxson Van Palin just turned five. Happy birthday little guy.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Scuttlebutt has it that @HillaryClinton will go live soon.

Hoping for some Hillz tweets.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

ufarn posted:

Scuttlebutt has it that @HillaryClinton will go live soon.

Hoping for some Hillz tweets.

My follow is pending. Is this until the account goes live or will people really need prior approval to follow her twitter?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 28, 2013

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm surprised Clinton didn't already have a Twitter account. Did she have an account for her 2008 campaign or did people not use twitter back then? Actually, you'd think somebody would have stolen the @HillaryClinton name already.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm surprised Clinton didn't already have a Twitter account. Did she have an account for her 2008 campaign or did people not use twitter back then? Actually, you'd think somebody would have stolen the @HillaryClinton name already.

Twitter squatting is technically against the TOS, although there was nothing stopping someone from just taking it entirely for personal use. No idea why someone did from just start tweeting from it unless Twitter "sits" on important accounts like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Highspeeddub posted:

My follow is pending. Is this until the account goes live or will people really need prior approval to follow her twitter?

It's because the account is private (which is sorta weird, when there are no tweets), but I imagine all follow invitations will be accepted automatically, once the account timeline is made public.

• Locked thread