Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Prices of non-endgame materials fluctuates wildly in pretty much every mmo ever. Probably a bit more so in SWTOR since people with cash are leveling alts and f2p'ers may skimp on the 2nd gathering skill or gathering altogether. So gather that poo poo, and put it up on the market for big money when it's supply drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PegLegActual
Sep 11, 2001

Real Pirate. Real Amputee. Limping Through Life.
Man I am pretty. Bout to buy this guy a pleasure skiff.

Is diplomacy worth taking alongside bio crafting/gathering? I've got slicing at the moment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Laowai posted:

Is diplomacy worth taking alongside bio crafting/gathering? I've got slicing at the moment.

Sort of. Diplomacy is what gives you all your blue/purple mats. So unless you want to buy everything off the GTN for insanely high prices, yeah. Alternatively, Slicing on any of the Daily areas gives like 3k a node anyways.

I'd go with diplomacy though.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

miscellaneous14 posted:

Man, I was really wanting to do some credit-farming at that one area on Makeb where like a million chests spawn near each other, but now I'm lucky if I don't find an Empire dude with insanely-good gear grabbing them first and killing me on sight.

Yeah, the cat is pretty much out of the bag as far as that goes. It's overfarmed on both servers I play and I've pretty much given up on it. Fortunately for me I made my millions before it became widely known. Thanks to whoever it was who posted that trick.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

miscellaneous14 posted:

Man, I was really wanting to do some credit-farming at that one area on Makeb where like a million chests spawn near each other, but now I'm lucky if I don't find an Empire dude with insanely-good gear grabbing them first and killing me on sight.

Pro tip: Run operations. Farm credits. Enjoy.

(If you don't die a million times and spend the credits on silly poo poo, you'll be rolling mad bank.)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

wtftastic posted:

(If you don't die a million times and spend the credits on silly poo poo, you'll be rolling mad bank.)

Or aren't there a bunch of daily poo poo to do on Ilum/Makeb/Section X/whatever? I would think that stuff would give a ton of credits since there's no use for experience at max level.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, dailies are a good source of credits if you can put up with the repetition. I ran through Section X and a few GSI and Makeb dailies on one of my characters and had picked up about 300k after selling all the trash drops. The key is to find the most efficient path that will let you zip through them. Also, loot and sell EVERYTHING. All that junk adds up.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Most of my mats sold and I bought myself a sweet Silver-Blue Indestructible Crystal :woop: I'm the coolest Marauder on the block at level 24.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wtftastic posted:

Well, the classic ops don't drop squat for credits.

Raphiki
May 25, 2005

Political Gladiator
I play with a crew of pvp trolls republic side on Po5; I have played various games with most of them for 5+ years.

We have about half a dozen level capped toons and a guild bank. We also have a vent server we've used for years.

While they aren't goons, we are willing to adopt any stranded goons; goons would fit in well with us.

Guild Name: <I don't like you either>
My toons are: Mackall (55 Guardian), Ryknar (31 Shadow) and Vecceo (lowbie Sage).

If you need a home, msg me in game or ask someone online that "Raphiki" sent you to them.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

hobbesmaster posted:

Well, the classic ops don't drop squat for credits.

On the other hand if he's farming credits on Makeb, he might be close to/ at level cap. But yeah. I don't run those a lot, so I guess I don't remember being space poor.

Speaking of being space poor: can't wait to legacy stuff over. I assume I just strip the mods from what I want, dump it in Bind To Legacy gear, and then send it over to my other toon?

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 28, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

wtftastic posted:

On the other hand if he's farming credits on Makeb, he might be close to/ at level cap. But yeah. I don't run those a lot, so I guess I don't remember being space poor.

Speaking of being space poor: can't wait to legacy stuff over. I assume I just strip the mods from what I want, dump it in Bind To Legacy gear, and then send it over to my other toon?

Yep, but it's pretty expensive. The Bind to Legacy gear ain't cheap (100k or so) and ripping mods out gets expensive too. Need to pull them out of original gear, then pull them out of legacy gear.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

Laowai posted:

Whats that eyepatch you have? I want an eyepatch with a strap, the cyborg default cybernetic one looks really meh.

Want to make a gimmicky char but I do require an eyepatch for it to work out.

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 28, 2013

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

Yep, but it's pretty expensive. The Bind to Legacy gear ain't cheap (100k or so) and ripping mods out gets expensive too. Need to pull them out of original gear, then pull them out of legacy gear.

If you've got the rep the legacy gear you can get from most (all?) faction vendors is way cheaper than the original legacy sets.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So is all the cool armor on the Cartel Market? Because I've just been rolling with the armor I got from the Esseles forever and I'm kind of tired of looking at it.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

kmzh posted:

If you've got the rep the legacy gear you can get from most (all?) faction vendors is way cheaper than the original legacy sets.

I wonder how much Voss rep I could grind before I choke to death on my own hate.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

Whats that eyepatch you have? I want an eyepatch with a strap, the cyborg default cybernetic one looks really meh.

That looks like the Enforcer's Eyeguard, Contraband reputation vendor, 2500 credits and requires Outsider standing.

I've been using that style coat on my sniper since she hit Corellia back in January 2012. I felt like changing it multiple times but there's just no chestpiece that looks as good and fits as well with the character.
Bonus Saints skiff I got on the cheap

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

At least you can solo voss heroics for rep at 55.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

At least you can solo voss heroics for rep at 55.

Yeah there is always that. I guess its as good a reason as any to pull out Inkarisa and practice my rotations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So is all the cool armor on the Cartel Market? Because I've just been rolling with the armor I got from the Esseles forever and I'm kind of tired of looking at it.

Cool armor is all over the place, but it requires some looking. I have a ton of level 30-ish orange gear that I picked up while leveling that looks better than most of the original endgame gear. http://tor-fashion.com/ has pictures you can browse to find specific looks and I believe most of the entries tell you where to find the stuff.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Nipponophile posted:

Cool armor is all over the place, but it requires some looking. I have a ton of level 30-ish orange gear that I picked up while leveling that looks better than most of the original endgame gear. http://tor-fashion.com/ has pictures you can browse to find specific looks and I believe most of the entries tell you where to find the stuff.

I'll be sure to check this out, thank you kindly!

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
I just grouped with a bunch of gunslingers, and they seem to put my sentinel to shame in the damage output. Is that expected? I'm spec'd watchman tree, and always have been, but I'm having second thoughts after seeing how much better the gunslingers seemed to be doing with damage, especially with groups.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I like the hammer station armor for a lot of classes; I use it on my assassin (no shoulder pads!!!!) and will likely keep it on my operative (imperial uniform).

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I just grouped with a bunch of gunslingers, and they seem to put my sentinel to shame in the damage output. Is that expected? I'm spec'd watchman tree, and always have been, but I'm having second thoughts after seeing how much better the gunslingers seemed to be doing with damage, especially with groups.
Aren't the damage meter addons for SWTOR pretty unreliable since they used the old, crappy synchronized tracking methods?

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Aren't the damage meter addons for SWTOR pretty unreliable since they used the old, crappy synchronized tracking methods?

I'm not basing my comment on any stats... just perception based on the groups i was in today. It seemed like the couple gunslingers i was grouped with over the course of the morning would melt things a lot faster than my sentinel would. Not sure if that's just a weird perception, or if they actually are doing more damage. I've never looked at other skill trees... always thought watchman was considered a good pve tree.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

What level are you? From what I understand Watchmen is great for long boss fights at endgame (all those DoTs), but not necessarily great for leveling/lower level content (things die too fast for those DoTs to really come into play).

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I'm not basing my comment on any stats... just perception based on the groups i was in today. It seemed like the couple gunslingers i was grouped with over the course of the morning would melt things a lot faster than my sentinel would. Not sure if that's just a weird perception, or if they actually are doing more damage. I've never looked at other skill trees... always thought watchman was considered a good pve tree.

Watchman sentinels have more buildup time, you have to put up all your debuffs and build your Merciless/Juyo stacks while the gunslingers are opening up right away with their heavy damage abilities. In the long run sentinels are still very good. That being said, most of the endgame sentinels/marauders I've seen are running Combat/Carnage and it is probably the better dps spec for now, though it's harder to play properly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Promethium posted:

Watchman sentinels have more buildup time, you have to put up all your debuffs and build your Merciless/Juyo stacks while the gunslingers are opening up right away with their heavy damage abilities. In the long run sentinels are still very good. That being said, most of the endgame sentinels/marauders I've seen are running Combat/Carnage and it is probably the better dps spec for now, though it's harder to play properly.

Yep, that's it exactly. When a Gunslinger/Sniper wants to burn, they BURN. But Annihaltion/Watchmen takes some time to become a beast. Even in the new 55 Hard Modes most non boss fights I barely get to reach my potential with my marauder. To do the most damage, you'll have to stack 3 bleeds from your poison saber along with the one from Rupture, as well as building up 4 stacks of Annihilate. Annihilate can carry over to the next fight as long as you're constantly pulling, but if you rest too long you start all over again.

That said, I like Annihilate better than Carnage, which just seemed boring to me, and Rage is nice for leveling and (at least previously) PVP, but I don't like bouncing around like a ping pong ball.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Promethium posted:

I'm spec'd up carnage and am mostly 69's with a spatter of 72's with augments and it's pretty fantastic DPS when parsed and just from what I've seen. The rotation can be a bit tricky and you really need to manage your rage stacks so that you ensure crits and get your towering rage buffs, but if you can do it it's pretty awesome.

I tend to rotate with charge then battering assault to start with a hit or two to max out rage then cycle into gore (which largely gets put on cd as your often tossed a free one) then massacre for my buff with ravage quickly jumping to force scream (triggering buff from massacre), free saber throw, double saber throw if your feeling extra saucy as well. Also that free Saber throw is just lovely.

Cloak of pain and predation on cd with camo for de-agg. Relics as well usually for +330 power and surge.

If you toss in choke in Heroic 4's with friends and FP's (though its largely useless in Ops) it's a great way to build that little bit of rage needed to full pop and toss in an extra massacre. Then rinse and repeat.

Again it's a bit of a bitch to get used to but once you do, if your able to get good at positioning yourself accordingly you'll be loving it! I promise you that.

Fake edit: don't forget about good ole Bloodthirst (or whatever the Jedi version is)

Tldr: basically keep rage up and rotate between massacre, ravage when you can, and scream.

Team THEOLOGY fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 28, 2013

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Nipponophile posted:

I do wish it was possible to get orange versions of all the gear, I really hated the sorc outfits when I was playing a light-sided inquisitor and I spent the entire time trying to build an ensemble that looked sort of like civilian clothing (this was pre-Cartel Market of course), even grinding out social 3 status by giving out free black talon boosts on my server so I could wear the Ulgo social gear, but I spent the whole game just wishing I could get an orange version of the very outfit you start the game in as an inquisitor because it looked the best out of every piece of inquisitor gear I ever got.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Wow, some new effects coming with 2.2, the bounty hunter's new flamethrower is pretty awesome. This vid has it in it. New effects for shadow/assassins, and shien form for jugg/guards now has a 15% movement increase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5qtFzaRJSA

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

So, I played this game in launch and did a few operations. Loved the sniper, but actually preferred the PvP (even with my limited experience with it) in this game when I wasn't on an entirely horrible team compared to the opposing one. I kind of liked the "battlegrounds" or whatever you call them compared to those I've played on in other games. My downfall was the fact I was part of a guild of friends who seemed to be entirely focused on the PvE aspect and burned out of it, and all questions "Guys, want to do some PvP together, I know I suck and it's not the most wonderful system in the world but it actually is kinda entertaining with a proper group..." "No, PvP sucks." I'm not averse to PvE either but how's the game's PvP these days? Damnit, I just loved killing people with my sniper. :(

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Dessel posted:

but how's the game's PvP these days? Damnit, I just loved killing people with my sniper. :(

PvP now is actually pretty balanced and quite fun. They added some new maps too! And as a bonus, Snipers are amazing if played right.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Stan S. Stanman posted:

No, watchman sentinels are completely fine. They have build up time and are a melee class. That's the only deciding factor between a gunslinger and a sentinel. One requires "Crouch and do my literal rotation that I cannot deviate from if I want to do best damage" and the other requires playing a piano to do any good.

Not bitter.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I'm Preferred status right now, and am thinking of subscribing for a month or two just to help in leveling and selling stuff on the auction house. Is there anywhere that specifically details the exact benefits of subscribing? For example, the official Subscriber/Preferred/Free page says with subscriber you can expand your cargo hold by paying in-game credits, but doesn't say just how much.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Simon Draskovic posted:

I'm Preferred status right now, and am thinking of subscribing for a month or two just to help in leveling and selling stuff on the auction house. Is there anywhere that specifically details the exact benefits of subscribing? For example, the official Subscriber/Preferred/Free page says with subscriber you can expand your cargo hold by paying in-game credits, but doesn't say just how much.

The unlocks are put on the market by people, so the cost varies. Check out the cartel market unlocks section on the GTN, make sure you look for the (account) ones if you want to unlock cargo/inventory for more than just a single character.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Simon Draskovic posted:

Double XP weekends start again on June 22nd. I would sub then if you want to power level.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Holy poo poo, that level 23 Champion just crushed me at level 28. How many people am I going to have to get to be able to kill this guy? (Varus Logan, in Nar Shadaa)

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Gasoline posted:

PvP now is actually pretty balanced and quite fun. They added some new maps too! And as a bonus, Snipers are amazing if played right.

I don't see how it's balanced, one team is a group of organized high level guys with top-notch PvP gear and their own ventrilo server

the other is a bunch of lower-level randoms, mostly DPS classes, maybe one or two tanks and most of the time no healer.

If the matchmaking was better, I'd be more inclined to agree.

Ravenfood posted:

Holy poo poo, that level 23 Champion just crushed me at level 28. How many people am I going to have to get to be able to kill this guy? (Varus Logan, in Nar Shadaa)

I gave up on the Imperial Chief Surgeon or whatever at the end of the Nar Shaddaa Camp 27 Heroic. A Kolto Shell that heals upon damage?? Bowdaar can't tank because he keeps getting stunned?? :suicide:

Doc Dee fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
Love these new chiss colors on my Marauder :swoon:

*edit took a better pic

Vildiil fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 29, 2013

• Locked thread