Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Anybody want to play? I just got the game. PSN: NickRoweFillea
God drat Dullahan is fun/hard as poo poo. I just randomly joined a room online and that's what they ran. I died swiftly and often, being such a low level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Did they seriously skip out on including Berserker? :psyduck:

E: vvv Ah, thanks.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 28, 2013

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
It's a separate DLC that also got released today

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
What builds are people generally using?

I'm currently mostly Dark with damage+ sigils and I've got Thrown projectiles for all elements + 1 healing spell equipped.
I'm maybe at the midpoint of the game and so far it's been working well.

I'm however thinking of maybe switching to eggs later for the area of effect and greater damage, since I'm already running into ammo issues.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

DLC spoilers: The last quest is against a Jack o Lantern. It schooled my entire group and it was probably the most humiliating encounter the game has thrown at me.

Also where can I find a large fire golem offering?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just spent an hour and a half trying to do the two Illcebra quest only to kill one, get the other to red, and die from a fluke petrify. gently caress everything, goodnight.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

NickRoweFillea posted:

Just spent an hour and a half trying to do the two Illcebra quest only to kill one, get the other to red, and die from a fluke petrify. gently caress everything, goodnight.

That quest is the manifestation of everything "gently caress you" in videogames. Even in multiplayer with three other level 100 players, its pure bullshit cause its almost impossible to avoid getting randomly petrified by the Illecebra you aren't even fighting.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The free DLC is pretty good. 2 5-star quests, 2 9-star quests, a new black rite, and a 10-star quest that might kick your rear end even in a full party of 100s.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

TaurusOxford posted:

That quest is the manifestation of everything "gently caress you" in videogames. Even in multiplayer with three other level 100 players, its pure bullshit cause its almost impossible to avoid getting randomly petrified by the Illecebra you aren't even fighting.

None of us were 100. Biggest waste of time ever, woke up still decently pissed off

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Obviously the easiest way to do the two Ill quest is to have communication. Salsa and I were able to two man it several times at not even max level because we could talk to each over Skype. Another thing to note that Ill will only petrify while she's in her crawling phase or if she's very low on health. If you're focusing one down and kicking it out of crawling phase as fast as possible you might not even ever see a petrify attack.

Finally if you can't communicate you can out range the petrify. So if you have a full group of pubs split the bosses up, the area is huge. If you're doing this the only thing you have to watch out for is the snake attack, that has no max range.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Belzac posted:

Obviously the easiest way to do the two Ill quest is to have communication. Salsa and I were able to two man it several times at not even max level because we could talk to each over Skype. Another thing to note that Ill will only petrify while she's in her crawling phase or if she's very low on health. If you're focusing one down and kicking it out of crawling phase as fast as possible you might not even ever see a petrify attack.

Finally if you can't communicate you can out range the petrify. So if you have a full group of pubs split the bosses up, the area is huge. If you're doing this the only thing you have to watch out for is the snake attack, that has no max range.

Also, cool thing I found out, you can avoid petrification by going into Mind's Eye.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

NickRoweFillea posted:

Also, cool thing I found out, you can avoid petrification by going into Mind's Eye.

Oh...you didn't know that? I thought that was a given...

You can also avoid it by having a shield up or turning your character away (though this is very finicky and I recommend not doing it).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Has anyone done a DPS and sustainability check on the different variety of spells to see which ones are most efficient? I'm really wondering whether I should just stack gently caress tons of eggs or gently caress tons of homing arrows on my guy for long range purposes (ignoring elemental weaknesses and splash damage [since it is almost irrelevant on bosses]).

And has anyone noticed that you can get the AI for Hydra and Kracken stuck behind a stationary golem if you're the only human player and you position yourself directly on the other side? It's ridiculous. I throw out a golem as they form. Run back. Rapid launch eggs and arrows until they status. Replace the golem. Run back. Repeat. After two loops of this, they're usually dead, and all I have to worry about is dodging grunt attacks and sac for reloading if necessary.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I have the sigil that gives you the "Arm of Gluttony." It certainly makes my arm look different - swollen mouths all over it - but if that particular effect does anything gameplay-wise, the game doesn't seem to make any mention of it. Is it just cosmetic?

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Not a whole of talk going on recently. I can't seem to get an IRC client to work, but if anyone wants to play my PSN is Iamtehgreatest. I have only explored multiplayer a couple times, and the pubbies and I always get destroyed (I'm not very good).

tels
Dec 2, 2004

insipient pestilent taint
I noticed that this game exists a bit late, but it looks rather-

Belzac posted:

It’s also exclusive to the Playstation Vita.
Oh.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I didn't get much of a chance to play this at launch because I got injured the same week that it came out. Then I got distracted by Tomb Raider and Bioshock for a while, but I picked this up again last night and remembered how much I enjoyed it.

What's the deal with the new DLC? Is it all contained in the latest patch, or do I need to go to the store to get it all? Are people still playing online? My character is about 20/25 at the moment, and I was planning on going for 40/60. Is that the done thing?

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Leyburn posted:

I didn't get much of a chance to play this at launch because I got injured the same week that it came out. Then I got distracted by Tomb Raider and Bioshock for a while, but I picked this up again last night and remembered how much I enjoyed it.

What's the deal with the new DLC? Is it all contained in the latest patch, or do I need to go to the store to get it all? Are people still playing online? My character is about 20/25 at the moment, and I was planning on going for 40/60. Is that the done thing?

All the DLC so far has been separate, not built into the patches, and it's all been worth downloading as far as I've seen.

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.
The amount of free DLC coming out for this game is incredible. I thought we'd get 4 packs and then it would die off. Now it's getting four MORE packs? I haven't even finished the stock Avalon quests yet.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Is there any rhyme or reason to unlocking costumes? I can't seem to find a pattern to the stuff I've unlocked so far.

Also, in the Fellow Sorcerers section, I completed the Greedy Sorcerer section, but the next several lines are still blank, until the Heretic Sorcerer, which is several stars of difficulty above the Greedy one. Any reason for that?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Annath posted:

Also, in the Fellow Sorcerers section, I completed the Greedy Sorcerer section, but the next several lines are still blank, until the Heretic Sorcerer, which is several stars of difficulty above the Greedy one. Any reason for that?

You probably need to either advance the story (most likely) or do some avalon pacts.

e: Ballad and Knight both require magic lvl 15 in addition to whatever other conditions there may be. You should have that much by the time you unlock them unless you're doing something crazy.

mirarant fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 10, 2013

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

mirarant posted:

You probably need to either advance the story (most likely) or do some avalon pacts.

e: Ballad and Knight both require magic lvl 15 in addition to whatever other conditions there may be. You should have that much by the time you unlock them unless you're doing something crazy.

Ah, I'm 22 life/1magic so maybe that's my issue...

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Annath posted:

Ah, I'm 22 life/1magic so maybe that's my issue...

Well you can certainly complete the game with a divine build but it might be a bit tedious due to your low attack power and not having the more powerful sigils for a blood build. You can de-level your life/magic once you've completed those chapters if you want to go full divine.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
People still playing this online? Do we have a goonplay night on like #vita or something? I want to pick up the online dlc but I'd really prefer to play with goons. I really feel like I am missing something in it. I am only on Destinies Past Ch2 and trying to save up some tears to buy my skin back before I try progressing.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

lokipunk posted:

People still playing this online? Do we have a goonplay night on like #vita or something? I want to pick up the online dlc but I'd really prefer to play with goons. I really feel like I am missing something in it. I am only on Destinies Past Ch2 and trying to save up some tears to buy my skin back before I try progressing.

There's generally a few folks doing online. I've never had an issue finding a group to do missions.

Online missions are by far the fastest way to earn Lacrima if you are a frequent Black-Rite user (like me). You can also go into one of the other online options and share your Right Arm info on Twitter and Facebook, which gives you some Lacrima. The facebook one is actually pretty, decent, like 60-some. But its only once per day AFAIK.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I guess the there are Phantasy Star Online 2 outfits coming for Japanese players

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Soul-Sacrifice-PSO2.png

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Grave-digging to post the big content update for Soul Sacrifice Delta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PJfoznTF2Q

Looks like they did some massive gameplay overhauling. There are a bunch of new things like being able to sacrifice somebody with an elemental version of the attack or granting them some sort of enchantment when you save them. Looks like you can now affiliate with different organizations to change your playstyle.

Avalon - Enhanced [Monster] type spells, Stronger affinity with Fist type spells (you need one player in 'Avalon' and one player in 'Sister' to do the Rolling launch it looks like), combination Fist + Burrow to allow for jump attacks, Stronger affinity with the Mortar type spells, Platform summoning, Stronger self-healing

Sanctuary - Stronger affinity Axeblade type spells (can receive the combination from homing+weapon from 'Sister' players), combination Axe + Dash for dash attacks, Stronger affinity with both Armor and Shield, can combine Armor + Shield for the offensive shield boosts (presumably only if they are of the same element), Melee-type Blood attack, Enhanced team-healing

Grim - Stronger affinity with Throwing type spells, Stronger affinity with Fang type spells, combination Fang + Burrow for the jump attack, can enhance other player's shields to the upgraded version with their Fang spells (same element?), can combine their Group Heal spells with Trap spells to heal + deal damage to the enemy (not sure if it's exclusive to that one plant ability or not, that spell itself is new to Delta), Stronger affinity with the Roar spells and they can use a Roar to pop a Golem summon from a 'Sister' player into a mini golem horde

Sister - Stronger affinity with the Rolling type spells and can be launched by Fist-using 'Avalon' players for additional damage, Stronger affinity with Homing type spells and can grant 'Sanctuary' players an elemental enhancement with them, Can use new Sinkhole spells to trap + lower bosses to the ground, can use the new Throw-type Heal spells and can also use these to deal damage like 'Grim' players, Stronger affinity with Golem summons and can have them be turned into a miniature army by Roar-using 'Grim' players

There's probably more stuff like that. I'm not even sure if the organization makes any of these new things exclusive, but it sure does look like a really good expansion :allears:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 24, 2013

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Neat. Might convince me to start playing the game again.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I believe they are actually universal system changes. My current line of thinking is that your selection of faction will affect your missions, plot and objectives. Apparently sister is PS+ exclusive?

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
How much does this game rely on the touch screen? The Vita TV got me interested in finally playing this game, and I wanted to make sure it would actually be playable without either touch screen.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

Bovineicide posted:

How much does this game rely on the touch screen? The Vita TV got me interested in finally playing this game, and I wanted to make sure it would actually be playable without either touch screen.

The menus are touch screen but can be done with buttons, and same with saving/sacrificing. You have the option to touch the hands when choosing but I don't know why you would.

Is there any confirmation about SS Delta coming out over here? It sounds like there's enough new content to warrant buying day one even though I already have the original.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

JetGrind posted:

Is there any confirmation about SS Delta coming out over here? It sounds like there's enough new content to warrant buying day one even though I already have the original.

Nothing official after scanning articles. I don't know how successful this was in the US and Europe, if anything we might get it as an add on.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Bovineicide posted:

There is one critical point of game play that uses touch controls and that's using black rites. In addition you need touch to talk to other in a multiplayer game but that's not critical. I'm assuming the Vita TV will have some way of using touch (if only with the PS4 controller).

In other news I guess I'm going to revive this thread with Delta stuff sometime soon. I watched a video and got super hyped for all the new co-op stuff. Also all the new DLC and patches that I'm just now starting to progress through.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

There is one critical point of game play that uses touch controls and that's using black rites. In addition you need touch to talk to other in a multiplayer game but that's not critical. I'm assuming the Vita TV will have some way of using touch (if only with the PS4 controller).

In other news I guess I'm going to revive this thread with Delta stuff sometime soon. I watched a video and got super hyped for all the new co-op stuff. Also all the new DLC and patches that I'm just now starting to progress through.

Hit me up sometime so we can do it together :mad:

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Just jumped back into the game for a bit and realized how horrible I am at the game. I can barely do any Avalon stuff solo and I'm holding back the teams I feel. Are there any good guides to powergame this thing?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

mrEkli posted:

Just jumped back into the game for a bit and realized how horrible I am at the game. I can barely do any Avalon stuff solo and I'm holding back the teams I feel. Are there any good guides to powergame this thing?

Probably the easiest way to solo SS is to get Release Sigils, Death's Door, and elemental sigls and just spam Explosive magic from across the map. Play super cowardly and kill bosses in like 20 casts. 99 magic/ 1 life.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well the game is free next month on PS+ in the NA! I actually enjoyed the demo, so I am glad that I held off on buying it

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Rirse posted:

Well the game is free next month on PS+ in the NA! I actually enjoyed the demo, so I am glad that I held off on buying it

I guess this means the thread might be useful again soon for organizing people playing together. I'll probably wipe out the old list and put down a new one.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Tomorrow this goes free for PS+ members. Dunno how many goons might check the game out now if they haven't before but I cleared out this list of players.

If you guys want anything changed on the OP let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Is there any guides on the archfiends? I got destroyed by the harpy, didn't really know what to do against her. ((New player here so I dont have many spells))

• Locked thread