Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Speaking of which I got that poo poo so much I had to put a loving helmet on my Sith trooper so I'd stop getting whispers

Are you on an RP server? I'm curious if this sort of poo poo is restricted to there. Also, what do these people even say? Is it big paragraph sized tells on the lore, or short insults?

:goonsay: And anyway, don't they remember that Kotor 2 established that there are techniques that can sever a person's connection to the force?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm currently playing on Jedi Covenant US side, I've joined the empires side goon guild and was interested in joining Prime Defense. The question I had is are there any goons active during EUTZ on that server ? That's no goon seems to be pretty empty during my playing time.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Reveilled posted:

Are you on an RP server? I'm curious if this sort of poo poo is restricted to there. Also, what do these people even say? Is it big paragraph sized tells on the lore, or short insults?

My Sith Trooper is, yeah, because a bunch of my RL friends play on it as well. It's uaually something like "you know Pureblood Sith are pretty much always Imperials" but I had one guy that sent me like three paragraphs in a series of tells about why it's not cool that I'm not taking RP seriously by using "non-compatible" race/class combos. I wish I saved a screenshot.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
I have a massively roided out Miralukan trooper on a non-rp server and I do occasionally get rpers in Flashpoints kicking me out because of it.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm currently playing on Jedi Covenant US side, I've joined the empires side goon guild and was interested in joining Prime Defense. The question I had is are there any goons active during EUTZ on that server ? That's no goon seems to be pretty empty during my playing time.

My main character is on Jedi Covenant and I'm in GMT, the most European of all the timezones. I'm Kfj in-game (loving imagination straight-up, man) and I wouldn't object to joining That's No Goon.

I'm kinda sorry to see that I apparently lost my characters from before the game went Free-to-Play or that I logged in with another account into F2P. Either way I'm not too fussed about that because my main was only level 20 or so.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My Sith Trooper is, yeah, because a bunch of my RL friends play on it as well. It's uaually something like "you know Pureblood Sith are pretty much always Imperials" but I had one guy that sent me like three paragraphs in a series of tells about why it's not cool that I'm not taking RP seriously by using "non-compatible" race/class combos. I wish I saved a screenshot.

Call him a racist and see how long you can string him along. Bonus points if you get into character with "I thought Imperials hated aliens, not the Republic! :qq:"

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Vildiil posted:

If any of you have been experiencing the lovely lag spikes for the past week now I made a thread in Customer Service that's been growing - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643805

I wish Bioware would give any sort of response to it whatsoever.

Well, I'm sure you're bound to get a response to a reasonable, well-written post. Oh, wait...

quote:

My goal is to flood this useless POS forum with these issues.

:sigh:

Lots of people have been having these issues, and you need to realize that there is literally nothing Bioware can do about it. People have identified a common ISP that is dropping packets and giving horrible pings that is in the route between Comcast and Bioware's servers. Getting pissed off at Bioware about this is like getting pissed off at Walt Disney World because a bridge collapse in Alabama slowed down your road trip from Texas to Orlando. The fact that you are able to get around the issue with a proxy service (wtfast) should tell you that the problem has nothing to do with Bioware.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

Nipponophile posted:

Well, I'm sure you're bound to get a response to a reasonable, well-written post. Oh, wait...

:sigh:

Lots of people have been having these issues, and you need to realize that there is literally nothing Bioware can do about it. People have identified a common ISP that is dropping packets and giving horrible pings that is in the route between Comcast and Bioware's servers. Getting pissed off at Bioware about this is like getting pissed off at Walt Disney World because a bridge collapse in Alabama slowed down your road trip from Texas to Orlando. The fact that you are able to get around the issue with a proxy service (wtfast) should tell you that the problem has nothing to do with Bioware.

They got plenty of reasonable well written posts before mine that got zero replies, I added my trace routes to one of them. I've also contacted Comcast and as6453.net and informed them of the problem and provided them with pathpings and trace routes as have many in my thread, hint: they don't care. Please don't act like Bioware cannot take a lot of the information provided and make a call that would actually get attention from one of these providers and say "hey a lot of our customers are having these issues, here's data on what they are experiencing, it would be cool if you took a look at this."

I'm fairly certain these issues have happened in the past on World of Warcraft and Blizzard does just this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ISPs only listen to ISPs. They don't care what Bioware says either.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Vildiil posted:

I've also contacted Comcast and as6453.net and informed them of the problem and provided them with pathpings and trace routes as have many in my thread, hint: they don't care.

So the people who are actually responsible for providing the service you're paying for and having the problem with (internet traffic, not the game) don't care. This is what you're saying right here straight out.

You're also apparently thinking that a third party, who has no business relationship whatsoever with said people, will have better results than paying customers would. Furthermore, this unrelated third party has the responsibility to resolve this issue.

Am I getting this right? Are you really saying that Disney World should call up the Alabama Dept. of Transportation, and that they would get any response other than "gently caress off"?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Damnit EA I want to play TOR, I need my fix. :negative:

Oh well, silver lining is that I can spend time surfing tor-fashion for gear to put my companions in. I'm thinking I'll start watching the GTN for TH-16A Master Medic gear for Quinn instead of shelling out for the cartel shop uniform. Maybe replace the helmet with a Red Efficiency Scanner down the line or something.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Vildiil posted:

They got plenty of reasonable well written posts before mine that got zero replies, I added my trace routes to one of them. I've also contacted Comcast and as6453.net and informed them of the problem and provided them with pathpings and trace routes as have many in my thread, hint: they don't care. Please don't act like Bioware cannot take a lot of the information provided and make a call that would actually get attention from one of these providers and say "hey a lot of our customers are having these issues, here's data on what they are experiencing, it would be cool if you took a look at this."

I'm fairly certain these issues have happened in the past on World of Warcraft and Blizzard does just this.

No Blizzard didn't.

This did happen with Blizzard and Time Warner. It went on for like half of year(our MT was on Time Warner, he would DC multiple times during a fight)

Blizzard couldn't do poo poo about it. Time Warner only fixed their issues after enough customers complained to them about it. It got bad enough where Blizzard put Time Warner's support number on their support forum.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 30, 2013

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
*edit Aww screw it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vildiil posted:

So, mr. Nipponophile, what in you're infinite wisdom should all of us who have this issue do then. If you're providing the information and getting no results other than silence or a "gently caress off", just sit here and take the dick and like it?

Nothing. You're hosed. Sorry.

But it's not Bioware's fault.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Dammit I was hoping this was a temporary issue that I was having. :(

Last night I couldn't even play the lag spikes were so bad...Maybe it's a sign that summer is here and I need to go outside.

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

There are still a few of us hiding out on IRC in the #torgoons channel. Come hang out with us and talk about building lightsabers in real life and tell us what cool things you didn't get from your cartel pack.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Medullah posted:

Dammit I was hoping this was a temporary issue that I was having. :(

Last night I couldn't even play the lag spikes were so bad...Maybe it's a sign that summer is here and I need to go outside.

I've been having the spikes too, but they've been less bad than they were in the past.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

So, as I'm redownloading this game (Well, actually moving the unpatched version from my HDD to SDD because gently caress my HDD feels like it's dying and taking longer to install the game than to download) I remember two distinct issues I had with the game, and I hope dearly they're fixed and hopefully I won't face them *after* I purchase my sub. Mouse twitching and the game being utterly unresponsive to an external keyboard with a laptop. Thankfully the second problem really isn't an issue for me these days but drat, the first one really infuriated me enough to unsub. Basically the camera angle would decide to change to a random direction completely randomly while using mouselook. It was so infuriating I had to bind turn left and right for riding a speeder so at least then I wouldn't have to worry about suddenly going the wrong direction. Quick googling suggests it's still a prevalent issue. :wtc: Former threads suggest Bioware has gotten a good data set about this issue so I'm stunned as to how they still haven't solved it. This only ever happened to me during Rift and SWTOR, and seemed to be specific to these games, something strange these games did with how the game works specifically. Well, I'm running a completely different rig these days, so hopefully the issue won't persist. ...Right? :emo:

v Well, there's this "news" item and this 79-page thread so I doubt it was any specific fault of my old rig.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 30, 2013

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Dessel posted:

So, as I'm redownloading this game (Well, actually moving the unpatched version from my HDD to SDD because gently caress my HDD feels like it's dying and taking longer to install the game than to download) I remember two distinct issues I had with the game, and I hope dearly they're fixed and hopefully I won't face them *after* I purchase my sub. Mouse twitching and the game being utterly unresponsive to an external keyboard with a laptop. Thankfully the second problem really isn't an issue for me these days but drat, the first one really infuriated me enough to unsub. Basically the camera angle would decide to change to a random direction completely randomly while using mouselook. It was so infuriating I had to bind turn left and right for riding a speeder so at least then I wouldn't have to worry about suddenly going the wrong direction. Quick googling suggests it's still a prevalent issue. :wtc: Former threads suggest Bioware has gotten a good data set about this issue so I'm stunned as to how they still haven't solved it. This only ever happened to me during Rift and SWTOR, and seemed to be specific to these games, something strange these games did with how the game works specifically. Well, I'm running a completely different rig these days, so hopefully the issue won't persist. ...Right? :emo:

I've never had that happening to me so it may very well have been due to your rig.

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008
So no one I played with on my old server seems to play any more, so I rerolled a sith warrior on JC, hoping for an invite to TNG. In game name is Bul'thok.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

AngstPenguin posted:

There are still a few of us hiding out on IRC in the #torgoons channel. Come hang out with us and talk about building lightsabers in real life and tell us what cool things you didn't get from your cartel pack.

Yes. Please do, and that info could be added to the OP if need be. New quest page has quest rewards on it. Nice.

Not sure what else is new, since I don't bother to read the release notes. But I'll hop in at lunch probably and poke around.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I love Watchman/Annihilation, but it's not the greatest raid spec because you more or less need to stick to your target. If you're off for more than 15 seconds, you lose Merciless/Annihilator and your dps takes a big dive. I think it'd be great if it just decayed instead of dropped, but I'm bad at balancing things. Would that be horrendously unbalanced?

alien8
Jul 29, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've got a 55 Mercenary that I'm still using the Tionese gear with. Is it worth losing the awesome set bonuses to go up to the gear I can get with Basic comms?

alien8 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 30, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Random question that popped into my head regarding the Collection stuff: for things like the grade 7 starship gear packs, is it the actual pack you collect or just the items? If I save up enough fleet comms to buy all the items from the vendor, would they unlock the packs in my collection tab?

:iiam:

Also it's probably a little too early for me to worry about this, since I'm 42 and on Hoth, but are there guides for what to do once you hit 50/55 as far as getting commendations and gearing up? Or should I just go back to working through the story and only worry about that once I've finished the Makeb content?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The Collections page for the Grade 7 ship stuff says it can only be purchased again from the cartel market. I have the individual components on four characters and none of them added the "purchase for all legacy characters" page.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Any Goons on The Harbinger? All the guilds here seem to be <Failed attempt at an epic sounding name> we're small but growing!!!1

edit: Winner for the failed epic name is <mandalorian mercanrys>

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Red Crown posted:

Any Goons on The Harbinger? All the guilds here seem to be <Failed attempt at an epic sounding name> we're small but growing!!!1

I have a few characters on Harbinger that are unguilded, and a couple in a dead guild.

EDIT:
Mostly Republic, but I have an Operative I am working on towards heal spec for the Imp side.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Red Crown posted:

I've got 14 50+ chars. I'm in straight PvP guilds that require tryouts though and you'll get no help on the PvE side. My Empire guild is talking about transferring if that becomes an option as well.

There are quite a few goons on Harbinger based on posts in the last thread but no official goon guild if that's what you're asking.

Edit: I just pug PvE and have never had an issue completing any content.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Dulfy's got pictures up of the new Gree mounts, one from the Cartel Market and one that drops from Nightmare Terror From Beyond. I have to admit, the pessimist in me was half expecting recolors of the Blue Sphere, but they're both unique and pretty neat. I'd love to get both.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

ISPs only listen to ISPs. They don't care what Bioware says either.

ISPs may only listen to ISPs. With the way peering works I'm kinda surprised the internet works at all sometimes. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peering

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Nipponophile posted:

Dulfy's got pictures up of the new Gree mounts, one from the Cartel Market and one that drops from Nightmare Terror From Beyond. I have to admit, the pessimist in me was half expecting recolors of the Blue Sphere, but they're both unique and pretty neat. I'd love to get both.

Get both.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Red Crown posted:

I have a few unguilded guys on The Harbinger. I mostly play late night. We should make a dead Goon guild so I can get that 5% bonus exp.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

I'll make a Republic Guild for us. <Dead Goon Guild>

Character name Djan'Seriy, pst me and this will happen when we hit critical mass

Red Crown fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 30, 2013

zenawowa
Aug 27, 2012

jabro posted:

I have a few unguilded guys on The Harbinger. I mostly play late night. We should make a dead Goon guild so I can get that 5% bonus exp.

My buddy and I just resubbed and made an empire guild <Ludicrous Velocity> if you want a spot to park your toons. We are a guild of 2 that has no real plans to grow to anything good. We tend to be on 10pm and later (West coast time)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

I haven't seen the operation one but the Cartel one is sexy as hell. I'm tempted, so very tempted. It even comes with Legacy Speeder Piloting 1 which on the whole is probably negligible but I haven't bought it yet so...

Now that I am thinking about it, I noticed in the Collections panel there's 6 or 7 pets that say you get them from buying cartel coin cards. But they don't say which vendor gives you which one, is there a list somewhere? Might as well get a new pet if I'm loading up on CC for the mount I guess.

e: Although the new mounts aren't collectible right? Patch notes said something about they will be in 2.2? Also the cartel one is limited-time, or at least that's how the notes read to me.

zenawowa posted:

empire guild . . . We are a guild of 2 . . .

I am giggling at the (unintentional I'm sure) Rule of Two example here.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 30, 2013

Serf
May 5, 2011

I rolled a Knight on Jedi Covenant if I can get an invite to the resident goon guild. The character's name is Kua.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

zenawowa posted:

My buddy and I just resubbed and made an empire guild <Ludicrous Velocity> if you want a spot to park your toons. We are a guild of 2 that has no real plans to grow to anything good. We tend to be on 10pm and later (West coast time)

Red Crown posted:

I'll make a Republic Guild for us. <Dead Goon Guild>

Character name Djan'Seriy, pst me and this will happen when we hit critical mass

I'm about to get on, I got two Rep guys and two Imp guys that could use the xp boost. Can I actually look up who's in a guild and send a message to them? Pretty new to how guilds work in MMOs, never joined them in the past.

EDIT: Apparently not, could I possibly get some invites to <Dead Goon Guild> for Kelaka and Orrdardez, and some to <Ludicrous Velocity> for V'abeth and Gekshorry?

Doc Dee fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 31, 2013

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Still waiting for people so I can actually form it. Need critical mass, I'm on now.

PegLegActual
Sep 11, 2001

Real Pirate. Real Amputee. Limping Through Life.
I'm addicted to this music therapy probe. Worth every darn penny.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

WarLocke posted:

I haven't seen the operation one but the Cartel one is sexy as hell. I'm tempted, so very tempted. It even comes with Legacy Speeder Piloting 1 which on the whole is probably negligible but I haven't bought it yet so...

Now that I am thinking about it, I noticed in the Collections panel there's 6 or 7 pets that say you get them from buying cartel coin cards. But they don't say which vendor gives you which one, is there a list somewhere? Might as well get a new pet if I'm loading up on CC for the mount I guess.

e: Although the new mounts aren't collectible right? Patch notes said something about they will be in 2.2? Also the cartel one is limited-time, or at least that's how the notes read to me.

I am giggling at the (unintentional I'm sure) Rule of Two example here.

The answer to all of your questions about cartel market stuff and guides for 50/55 are at dulfy.net. great resource for a lot of swtor things.

I try to give the flashpoint guide a read while we are running a new flashpoint since I don't have them memorized.

• Locked thread