Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Palpek posted:

They...aren't :v:

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

This is loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

That loving Sned posted:

This is loving incredible.
Thanks!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Wow, Borderlands 3 looks amazing!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
The wittlest feminist. :3:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/19991002/abbott.htm

Sorry, couldn't find audio of it.

e: heh, there it is right on the page.

dee eight has a new favorite as of 03:58 on May 30, 2013

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

My favorite version of the routine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDo4JeRsVE4&t=106s

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Gridlock in Xian, China.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

My favourite version of the routine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KcGNF0Is4U

Content

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

Gridlock in Xian, China.

How to turn left in China:

Henry Breimhurst posted:

As I may have mentioned before, traffic in Beijing is its own art form. The city is adding thousands of cars per - I don't even know, week? Which means you have a healthy mix of people who have never driven before interspersed with people who should never have been driving in the first place.

To introduce you to the intricacies of Beijing driving, I will start with a relatively simple concept: the left turn.

STEP 1:

We see here a typical intersection. The light has just turned green for the east-west streets, and car [A], an enormous black Lexus with pitch black windows, wants to make a left turn into the southbound lanes. Pedestrians wait on each corner. (For purposes of this demonstration, we'll assume no one is running the north-south red light, and no one is jaywalking - a rather large assumption.)

STEP 2:

To make a left turn, it is VITAL that [A] cut off all eastbound traffic as soon as possible. The first few brave or foolish legitimate pedestrians step off the curb; this is of no concern. [A] makes his move.

STEP 3:

NO! Too slow! [A] has managed to partially block [B], a brand new purple and yellow Hyundai taxi, but [A] has only achieved what Beijing drivers would consider a 'weak' blocking position.

STEP 4:

In this detail, we can see why: [A] has only inserted his left bumper and cannot move forward without contact. [B], on the other hand, is in the dominant position - by putting his wheel hard to the right and flooring it, he can fully block [A].

STEP 5:

[B] proceeds to swerve right, cutting off [C], a tiny red Peugeot with a gold plastic dragon hood ornament, spoiler and assorted knobs glued on. Since [B] is just accelerating, and [C] is now decelerating, this has created a low-density 'dead space' in the intersection. [D], a strange blue tricycle dumptruck carrying what appear to be 40 of the world's oldest propane tanks, sees this and makes a move.

STEP 6:

DENIED! [E], an old red taxi with its name sloppily stenciled in white on its doors, has boldly cut across two lanes of traffic, behind [D], and then swerved right, driving [D] into an extremely weak position behind [A]. Meanwhile, [B] and [C] are still fighting for position, with [C] muscling his way into the crosswalk. The only thing between [E] and a successful left turn is a few lawful pedestrians. [E] steps on the gas...

STEP 7:

...and is cut off by [F], an elderly man pedaling his tricycle verrrryyy slooooowwwly with a 15-foot-diameter sphere of empty plastic cooking oil bottles bungee-corded haphazardly to the cargo area. He was part of the lawful pedestrians, but seeing the stalled traffic, decided to cut diagonally across the intersection. Not only has [F] blocked [E], he is headed straight at [B], giving [C] the edge he needs.

STEP 8

[B] concedes to [C], who drives in the crosswalk behind [F] and blocks [E]. Meanwhile, [G], a herd of about 20 bicycles, mopeds, pedestrians and wheelbarrows, sensing weakness in the eastbound lane and seeing that much of the westbound traffic is blocked behind [D], breaks north against the light. [F] pedals doggedly onward at about 2 miles per hour, his face like chiseled marble.

STEP 9:

Now things get interesting. [C] has broken free and, as the first vehicle to get where he was going, wins. [E] makes a move to block [B] but, like [A] at the start of the left turn, only gains a 'weak' block. [A] has cleverly let [F] pass and guns into a crowd of [G], which both moves [A] forward and drives some [G] stragglers into the path of [D], clearing [A]'s flanks. Little now stands between [A] and a strong second-place finish.

STEP 10:

Except for public bus [H], one of those double buses with the accordion-thing connector. [H] has been screaming unnoticed along the eastbound sidewalk and now careens dangerously into a U-turn. This doesn't appear to concern the 112 people packed inside and pressed against the windows (although that could be due to a lack of oxygen.) [H] completely blocks both [A] and [D]. On the other side of the intersection, [B] has swerved into the lawful pedestrians (who aren't important enough to warrant a letter) and has gained position on [E].

[E] has forgotten the face of his father: He was so focused on his battle with [B] that he lost sight of the ultimate goal and is now hopelessly out of position.

This clears the path for dark horse [I], a blue Buick Lacrosse, to cut all the way across behind [H] and become the second vehicle to get where he was going (and the first to complete a left turn), since [F] has changed his mind again and is now gradually drifting north into the southbound lanes. But everyone better hurry, because the light is about to change...

STEP 11:

STEP 12:

And we're ready to start over.

PeachHat!
Nov 27, 2009

Spider-Man LOVES milk!

Coward posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KcGNF0Is4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjXBI3ck93E

Content

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

PeachHat! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjXBI3ck93E

Content

Oh poo poo, Caps busted out the windmill! :slick:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
http://imgur.com/uLiKgxV

High School yearbook editing at its finest.

EDIT: sorry about that huge rear end image.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Batman doesn't look like a properly licensed priest. :catholic:

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Pfft, some crime fighter. They're getting away with murder with those lime green shoes.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Lord Lambeth posted:

Batman doesn't look like a properly licensed priest. :catholic:

Maybe because he is played by a guy named Christian?

:rimshot:

Picture is unrelated:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Brother Jonathan posted:

Maybe because he is played by a guy named Christian?

:rimshot:

Picture is unrelated:

Oof, thumb ring.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

That is so loving weird. Yesterday I thought of this joke and tweeted "I love Chinese baseball. Hu's on first" and then today I saw this.

It only got one retweet :( I'm funny, drat it.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I think this poster gets the point across very well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
^^^
wow
so pilot

bavarian
Jun 30, 2007

Brother Jonathan posted:

Picture is unrelated:

Great. Sweden has these for desert:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

bavarian posted:

Those actually look like they might be good, like maybe a mix between a fruit soda and a cream soda?

Unrelated:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
drat, with all the who's on first routines getting posted, I was going to link to the one from the episode of The Simpsons where Smithers and Chalmers attempt the routine, but it appears that Fox ain't having that any more.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Took me three reads to see that it did not say Hodor Hodor Hodor

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

All I can see in that first box on the left is a bunch of dudes flying through the air after an explosion.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Needs more flags, apple pies and eagles.

bavarian
Jun 30, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

Those actually look like they might be good, like maybe a mix between a fruit soda and a cream soda?
I found them to be rather weird than actually bad, but still...

Unrelated: Not actually a gay bar

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

dijon du jour posted:

Ah, but it's not soda. It's flavoured mineral water. They taste...strange.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

I Might Be Adam posted:

All I can see in that first box on the left is a bunch of dudes flying through the air after an explosion.

It wasn't until you posted this that I went back and realized that it wasn't an explosion.

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

bavarian posted:

Man I hope they have a cream pie version.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

bavarian posted:

Eh they're alright. It's just carbonated water with added flavour. They bring out "new" tastes every other season or so but most of them end up tasting artificial or weird.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
Why does it say that the soda is "likes old school!"? Is the label narrated by Skwisgaar Skwigelf?

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Noni posted:

Why does it say that the soda is "likes old school!"? Is the label narrated by Skwisgaar Skwigelf?

Yeah, it's pretty standard advertising Swenglish.

There are entire industries that still maintain ABBA levels of English ability.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Groda posted:

Yeah, it's pretty standard advertising Swenglish.

There are entire industries that still maintain ABBA levels of English ability.

Every time I see those labels I read them in Toki Wartooth's voice

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Choco1980 posted:

drat, with all the who's on first routines getting posted, I was going to link to the one from the episode of The Simpsons where Smithers Skinner and Chalmers attempt the routine, but it appears that Fox ain't having that any more.

FTFY

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

son of a bitch. That's a typo, for the record. I didn't realize I typed it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

dijon du jour posted:

Unrelated:

Anyone who works at a bookstore or library knows that anything can kill you, including scrapbooking, baking, and cats. Especially cats.

• Locked thread