Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
To those who posted the Supergirl #20 pages, thanks. I went and bought it after that little snippet and it was great. first comic I bought in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Injustice 20

Now we know why he never put that much of attention to Diana in the game :heysexy:

Bonus: Dead fish eyes Harley :jeb:

Injustice, the gift that keeps on giving :allears:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
How many issues is Injustice supposed to be anyway? The game's been out for awhile. Is the back story for it really this complicated?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So why's Supes so happy to see Luthor?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SynthOrange posted:

So why's Supes so happy to see Luthor?

Prior to the whole poo poo with the Joker, the main difference between mainstream DC and the Injustice world is that Luthor is a good guy. I'm not sure why they went for that, but there you have it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Prior to the whole poo poo with the Joker, the main difference between mainstream DC and the Injustice world is that Luthor is a good guy. I'm not sure why they went for that, but there you have it.

It's because Superman is the villain. That's why Lex is a good guy. It's kind of an uninspired role reversal, but that's obviously why they did it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't get it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

It's because Superman is the villain. That's why Lex is a good guy. It's kind of an uninspired role reversal, but that's obviously why they did it.

It'd have been more interesting if Lex became a hero rather than just was a genuinely good person all along.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Little Mac posted:

I don't get it.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/didney-worl

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

A touching moment like that really needs to be immortalized somehow.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zeeman posted:

How many issues is Injustice supposed to be anyway? The game's been out for awhile. Is the back story for it really this complicated?

I think it was supposed to have ended already, but it's getting additional issues because people seemed to really like the first batch of issues (aside from the very first one with the controversial fridging).

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lurdiak posted:

It'd have been more interesting if Lex became a hero rather than just was a genuinely good person all along.

Actually, he does become a hero in the game... by trying to kill Superman. AH, CRUEL COINCIDENCE!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

The reason is best summed up when Mainstream Aquaman first sees Injustice Luthor: "HOW are you still alive?!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

Actually, he does become a hero in the game... by trying to kill Superman. AH, CRUEL COINCIDENCE!

You're bad at reading.

Gavok posted:

The reason is best summed up when Mainstream Aquaman first sees Injustice Luthor: "HOW are you still alive?!"

Fair enough, I suppose. Although I think everyone thought from the previews that he was going to be a reformed villain who earned Superman's trust but was playing both sides for his own ends... possibly betraying the rebellion at the last minute.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Read yer Jonah Hex.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Right but aside from the arms being vaguely in the same pose it's nothing like that. Sorry for being a jokekiller but there was no joke at all!!!

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I was reading some free comics I got when I came across a What If... issue (Vol 2, No 15): What If The Fantastic Four Had Lost the Trial of Galactus.

Basically Reed Richards is executed for failing to stop Galactus and the the FF go on a revenge spree against the Shi'ar homeworld. Which leads to this incredible panel:

Later, after the FF destroy the Shi'ar homeworld and the Shi'ar wish to avenge themselves, some superheroes are asked how they feel about that:

:stare: jesus Wolvie, they blew up their planet...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sonic the Hedgehog 249

I love the current Sonic/Megaman crossover, and i love the in-jokes that are being traded lately.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

God, I adore the Mega Man comic so much. It's just so great.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Plutonis posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog 249

I love the current Sonic/Megaman crossover, and i love the in-jokes that are being traded lately.

Talk about a missed opportunity--Vector-Man should have been using a roll attack at him.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

ghosthorse posted:

:stare: jesus Wolvie, they blew up their planet...

What he does isn't very nice, but apparently he reeeeeeally enjoys it. (New Exiles #11)

From a reality where he's a top Hydra Assassin and consort to Supreme Overlord Susan Storm (I swear I'm not making that up). Looks somewhat familiar, though...

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Teenage Fansub posted:

Read yer Jonah Hex.

I, I have some scans of Hex somewhere if you want to see how the inverse of this goes.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Storm and Psylocke are in Bishop's mind. Puck is bored guarding their bodies.

Uncanny X-Force 5

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Edit: Never mind. Gotta rehost this.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Been going through Morrison's New X-Men again because I wanted to nail down the point at which part it all goes to hell, and came across these gems:

I didn't make a note of the specific issues. First one's from when Bishop is interrogating everyone in the "Murder at the Mansion" arc, and the second's from "Riot at Xavier's".

edit: That first one has an example of the Briticisms that sneak into the comic. At the beginning of Riot at Xavier's, a girl tells Quire to "get a mobile" (phone). I just like to imagine these students are actually British.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 31, 2013

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

God that pink guy who goes "Hyukk" all the time was so lame and never funny. Morrison is not good at lowbrow humor.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I think him not being funny was the point.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm reading through the NXM omnibus right now, funnily enough.
It really makes me with Quitely was an inhuman illustrating machine who could have done the lot.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I think him not being funny was the point.

It still didn't work. Intentionally annoying is still annoying.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's surprising that Glob Herman of all characters has managed to stick around. I guess Martha Johansson has shown up, too. And maybe Ernst?

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Glob Herman is my hero.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's a skeleton encased in jello. Of course he's going to stick around.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Diet Poison posted:

edit: That first one has an example of the Briticisms that sneak into the comic. At the beginning of Riot at Xavier's, a girl tells Quire to "get a mobile" (phone). I just like to imagine these students are actually British.

If it was properly British they would've been playing Cluedo. :colbert:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Spaceman Bill posted:

Glob Herman is my hero.

Anyone have the panel from Wolverine and the X-Men two issues ago that has Glob running through the Savage Land screaming? I forgot to get a scan before giving it back to my friend.

The text box says something like, "This is where they decided to stand together" and the next panel is Glob running away being all, "See ya, suckers!"

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Here ya go!

See ya nerds! Hope dying sucks!

Edit: Thought I was in the image request thread and not the funny panels. I forgot to add the issue. It's Wolverine and the X-men #28. Aaron, Perez, Martin.

The Missing Link fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 31, 2013

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
From Tales Of the Jedi: The Golden Age Of the Sith #2

This man has a penis for a chin.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Metal Loaf posted:

Was it desire for power, or for revenge, that corrupted Mac Tonight?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Metal Loaf posted:

Was he Master Bayts' greatest nemesis?

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Man that shark girl really got shafted in terms of the x-gene she got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Man that shark girl really got shafted in terms of the x-gene she got.

It's not that bad, she can change back to human. The dude covered in eyes has it way worse.

• Locked thread