Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

"Some guy in Normandy"

That was THE BEST FJ ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckyoubitch
Mar 30, 2010

by T. Finninho

BrooklynBruiser posted:

That was THE BEST FJ ever.

I thought the kid was pretty disrespectful and immature. some old fart in normandy LOL i dunno who cares???? #yolo

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cripes. Over thirty years on television and we still have people forgetting to phrase it in the form of a question.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

No Trebek, you are the smelly pirate hooker. :colbert:

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
I don't know if anyone in the thread has found a better one, but I found a pretty good site for making Jeopardy! boards:

http://www.wolfescience.com/byojeopardy/

It's great if you want to make a board for a game night with your friends. Or, hey, if you just want to stump the thread. I put together a couple fairly easy ones (warning, they're bad):

here's the first:
single:
http://www.wolfescience.com/byojeopardy/play.php?id=35339
double:
http://www.wolfescience.com/byojeopardy/play.php?id=35344

Here's the second:
Single:
http://www.wolfescience.com/byojeopardy/play.php?id=35401

Double:
http://www.wolfescience.com/byojeopardy/play.php?id=35403

The only problem I have with it is the daily double replaces one random clue on the board, so you have to write a whole new category for each daily double, rather than just having one of the clues in the categories be the daily double. Lame. It also has the old dollar values rather than the doubled values. You can change it, but I was too lazy.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Found an audition invite in my spam folder just within the two-day time frame they give you to respond. That could've been ugly.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I was hoping that douchebag Scott would blow it all on that last DJ.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Colonial Air Force posted:

I was hoping that douchebag Scott would blow it all on that last DJ.

Yeah I was rooting for Cecily. Unfortunately, they've been making Daily Doubles so much easier lately. It's ridiculous. Not to mention Final Jeopardy was a freaking joke.

fuckyoubitch
Mar 30, 2010

by T. Finninho

escape artist posted:

Yeah I was rooting for Cecily. Unfortunately, they've been making Daily Doubles so much easier lately. It's ridiculous. Not to mention Final Jeopardy was a freaking joke.

Whenever its 'famous women in american history' its so loving cookie cutter easy that you can name 5 common women and have a chance of getting it right, because its always loving the same answers. I called rosa parks before the question and I'm not even smart.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
There's something I don't like about this two day champ, his nerves get the better of him and he whiffs easy questions about cities.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I hope you all saw the champ do his Beavis impression. It wasn't just a voice.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Punch Card posted:

Found an audition invite in my spam folder just within the two-day time frame they give you to respond. That could've been ugly.

I found mine after three days. Luckily, still got the confirmation...Toronto?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

mennoknight posted:

I found mine after three days. Luckily, still got the confirmation...Toronto?

Detroit for me, good luck with your audition. :)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Punch Card posted:

Detroit for me, good luck with your audition. :)

Right back at you. Third time's gotta be the charm.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Sup spam folder buddies. I only confirmed yesterday.

What a ridiculous oversight. I got every single email about the online test just fine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
C'mon, if you're going to make a wild guess in a category about scientists, at least name an actual scientist.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

haveblue posted:

C'mon, if you're going to make a wild guess in a category about scientists, at least name an actual scientist.

Did someone guess Himmler again?!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

haveblue posted:

July 1969 was in the clue. At least Kennedy was a guess that actually was related to the moon program.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
For anyone who doesn't know, you can view what the Final Jeopardy question of the day's game will be by going here http://www.jeopardy.com/gamesandmobile/clueoftheday/ which they usually update early in the morning the day of.

It's how I was able to feel :smug: about Goddard and predict the three people wouldn't piece it together around lunchtime yesterday.

(Actually it was fake :smug: and more aimed at Sara who also didn't get it)

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Punch Card posted:

For anyone who doesn't know, you can view what the Final Jeopardy question of the day's game will be by going here http://www.jeopardy.com/gamesandmobile/clueoftheday/ which they usually update early in the morning the day of.

It's how I was able to feel :smug: about Goddard and predict the three people wouldn't piece it together around lunchtime yesterday.

(Actually it was fake :smug: and more aimed at Sara who also didn't get it)

You know she set the bar for you right? You have to get on there and make at least $80,000 on your first three appearances.

Also, is that answer Don Quixote?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

escape artist posted:

You know she set the bar for you right? You have to get on there and make at least $80,000 on your first three appearances.

Also, is that answer Don Quixote?

Yeah I'll get endless poo poo if I get on and bomb my first game, and yes to your spoiler question.

fuckyoubitch
Mar 30, 2010

by T. Finninho
rip jeopardy thread

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010
I liked how the defending champion initially guessed Oscar Pistorius for Final Jeopardy, but crossed it out and barely got "Dave" in before time ran out.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

fuckyoubitch posted:

rip jeopardy thread

I'm sure it'll pick back up if something interesting happens. A big win streak, a particularly annoying contestant, one of us getting the call to get on the show, or a tournament happening. Until then I guess there's not a ton to talk about though, you're right.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Well, how about the easiest final jeopardy question ever, and the two dudes with $20,000 ended up losing, and the girl with $7,000 won because they wagered huge.

Notable Names:
He opened the 2012 Paralympics Ceremony with a "Big Bang"

It's a shame because I thought at least one of those neckbeards had a nice run in them.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Sorry, but I just started a new job which means that I'm rarely home for Jeopardy anymore. Also, you all convinced me that if I just checked my Gmail spam folder, I'd find a missing audition email, and that just got my hopes up way too high.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Sorry, but I just started a new job which means that I'm rarely home for Jeopardy anymore. Also, you all convinced me that if I just checked my Gmail spam folder, I'd find a missing audition email, and that just got my hopes up way too high.

You and me both. :smith::hf::smith:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

escape artist posted:

Well, how about the easiest final jeopardy question ever, and the two dudes with $20,000 ended up losing, and the girl with $7,000 won because they wagered huge.

Notable Names:
He opened the 2012 Paralympics Ceremony with a "Big Bang"

It's a shame because I thought at least one of those neckbeards had a nice run in them.

To be fair, I'd have been thrown off by the shooting reference because that sounds way too edgy for a Jeopardy clue.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

jscolon2.0 posted:

To be fair, I'd have been thrown off by the shooting reference because that sounds way too edgy for a Jeopardy clue.

I did guess Oscar Pistorius because of that "bullet in the gun" thing :downs:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

jscolon2.0 posted:

:laffo: I didn't even put that together. Holy poo poo. Nah, the answer was Stephen Hawking-- Big Bag Theory, astrophysicist, etc. I really wish an edgy game show existed like that though.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
That might have been the worst episode of all time.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Holy crap, you weren't kidding.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

zakharov posted:

That might have been the worst episode of all time.

What happened? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Retail Slave posted:

What happened? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

No one knew anything about anything, basically. It was just awful.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
There were a couple $1000 and $2000 questions that were triple stumpers and I was screaming the answer at the TV. Then some other ones that weren't even the hardest question in the category, and no one got them.

A few times all 3 contestants buzzed in with the wrong answer. They took so long that almost 7 clues were left unrevealed in the Double Jeopardy.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
And then the champ couldn't figure out that the Olympic event originally called "quin-something" would now be called "pentathlon," after Alex made fun of one of the other contestants for spelling it wrong.

fuckyoubitch
Mar 30, 2010

by T. Finninho
They need to get rid of the boring biblical poo poo and less answers that are bluetooth. Seriously seen that 5 times in a month.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Today I learned that you can get on Jeopardy without knowing what alliterative means.

fuckyoubitch
Mar 30, 2010

by T. Finninho

zakharov posted:

Today I learned that you can get on Jeopardy without knowing what alliterative means.

That clue sucked and didnt make any sense in the context of capn crunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

fuckyoubitch posted:

That clue sucked and didnt make any sense in the context of capn crunch.

Those whistles are used by sailors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boatswain%27s_call